Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% (1399 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Vs Infinix Note 8i: Which One Should I Go For? / Evening Sunset Capture With My Note 7 / My Note 4 Pro Mouthpiece No More Working, I Just By Bought It Today New! (2) (3) (4)

My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by kissval1388: 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hello Nairalanders and phone gurus, please I seriously need your help now...
I bought a new Infinix Note8i last week.. I woke up this morning only to noticed that my phone battery percentage is at 67% despite the fact that we had light through out the night..

Now Nepa light is back and I plugged the phone, it's charging but whenever it gets to 65% the charging stop... Just thesame way it does when it reaches 100%... When I unplug the phone, use it and plug it back, it will still stop charging at 65%... Please what is the problem and how can I solve this problem?
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by LordIsaac(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
Avoid transsion phones. They are made by tech wannabes! grin

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
Wahala grin Take it to carlcare

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by fredie107(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
Transsion...............
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Michael390(m): 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
They will not hear don't buy transsion

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Onyeka90210(m): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
Guy calm down,
it's the new XOS update,
It allows you to back up your battery in the cloud, so when you need it you can download it back from the cloud and use it, just like Powerbank.

But jokes aside
You need to back it up then do factory reset, that should fix it.

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
Transsion shit
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by IamDavid(m): 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
I guess it's a slight software ish. Try these things, however if the issue persists, go to Carlcare.
1. Run the battery down to zero, charge when it's off, see if it gets to 100.
2. Check the software updates and make sure your phone is up to date. Good luck!

*I became soft on Transsions since they started using the helio g series processors on their smart phones. Where and how much did you get your 8i? I think it's a solid phone.

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by DONFRANSKID(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
kissval1388:
I bought a new Infinix Note8i last week.. I woke up this morning only to noticed that my phone battery percentage is at 67% despite the fact that we had light through out the night..

Now Nepa light is back and I plugged the phone, it's charging but whenever it gets to 65% the charging stop... Just thesame way it does when it reaches 100%... When I unplug the phone, use it and plug it back, it will still stop charging at 65%... Please what is the problem and how can I solve this problem?
Sorry grin
kissval1388:

Sorry
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by sunshineV(f): 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
lol randerl i need ur help grin grin
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Randerl: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
kissval1388:

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
IamDavid:
I guess it's a slight software ish. Try these things, however if the issue persists, go to Carlcare.
2. Check the software updates and make sure your phone is up to date. Good luck!

*I became soft on Transsions since they started using the helio g series processors on their smart phones. Where and how much did you get your 8i? I think it's a solid phone.
marketer spotted grin

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by IamDavid(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
marketer spotted grin
Wow... so I can't make my point without being called a marketer!

I've been on this forum since 2013, you just joined two months ago, only to start spitting the word "marketer" up and down.
It's really unhealthy when you guys spam a public forum with comments filled with bitterness and hatred. It's really unnecessary. There's more to life than being an e-warrior. Grow up!

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Friedyokes: 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
kissval1388:

run it down to zero and let it charge back up should fix it
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Friedyokes: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
IamDavid:

Wow... so I can't make my point without being called a marketer!

I've been on this forum since 2013, you just joined two months ago, only to start spitting the word "marketer" up and down.
It's really unhealthy when you guys spam a public forum with comments filled with bitterness and hatred. It's really unnecessary. There's more to life than being an e-warrior. Grow up!
what the phone section needs is a stricter mod , they take trolling as a fun thing to do and are inadvertently encouraged by mods because they don't do anything about it ....someone presented a problem and most of the comments here are of people spitting drivel , sad thing to see truly .
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by kissval1388: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
IamDavid:

Bro forget this phone.. the front camera is very bad
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
Just SHAKE the device.
It will start building up again...
Your DEVICE is using a wet battery, that's the reason
That's all. grin grin grin grin grin

IF you are interested I will give you my XIAOMI MI NOTE 10 at a giveaway price.

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by kissval1388: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
Friedyokes:
run it down to zero and let it charge back up should fix it

Trying my best to run it down to zero since morning but the battery is too strong

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by kissval1388: 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
Friedyokes:
what the phone section needs is a stricter mod , they take trolling as a fun thing to do and are inadvertently encouraged by mods because they don't do anything about it ....someone presented a problem and most of the comments here are of people spitting drivel , sad thing to see truly .

I'm just weak... The only advice I've seen here is to run the phone down to 0% and charge till 100%.. I will just try it..
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by kissval1388: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
Michael390:
They will not hear don't buy transsion

Stop talking anyhow... Did you give me any money ? If you can't help please swerve
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by victorix(m): 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
biztyb, Nguom, talktalk4u, kickie, Pretiboi, sleek4luv. Make una show face. Your help is needed your urgently. grin (watch has dem go avoid the thread)
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by 100naira(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
Does your phone have fast charging? If yes maybe the charger cable has gone bad . Try to charge it with another fast charger
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by CandyOps(m): 4:37am On Dec 22, 2020
Guy that shii sounds like na motherboard problem.

I recently bought this particular phone and I'm beginning to think any phone below 80k is thrash.

But then the Infinix Note 8i na average mid-range mobile device. Another wahala is the position of the side mounted fingerprint sensor

Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by IamDavid(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2020
Chai... just when I thought I had seen the perfect midranger... op abeg update us o
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by kissval1388: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2020
IamDavid:
Chai... just when I thought I had seen the perfect midranger... op abeg update us o

This phone is the most useless phone I have ever seen... Forget about Davido- hype about the phone.. it's useless with a very poor selfie camera...

Instead of going for this phone, buy Tecno pouvoir 3 plus or Tecno lc8
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by kissval1388: 11:34am On Dec 22, 2020
100naira:
Does your phone have fast charging? If yes maybe the charger cable has gone bad . Try to charge it with another fast charger

Yea it has fast charge feature of 18 watts...

But I just bought the phone new... Note up to a weak.. the charger can't just develop fault na
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Meister(m): 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
Bro do what others have told you, completely kill the battery and charger whilst it is switched off.
I don't know how infinix works but it should show a fast charging icon when it's fast charging, does it still show it ?
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by Friedyokes: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
kissval1388:

This phone is the most useless phone I have ever seen... Forget about Davido- hype about the phone.. it's useless with a very poor selfie camera...

be like say the phone Dae vex you...asides the camera what other downsides did you notice and have you killed the battery
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by offset67(m): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
carry mini buy better phone you say sam, now see your life
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by sunshineV(f): 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
kissval1388:

Trying my best to run it down to zero since morning but the battery is too strong
lmfaooooooooooo grin grin grin grin WAHALA DEY O
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by sunshineV(f): 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
kissval1388:

Tecno pouv..... u never learn grin
Re: My Note 8i Stops Charging At 65% by theFilmtric: 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
A minor prob Drain it to zero% Then charge it If it still continues go to carlcare PS: Anti-Transsions. Should stop compounding issues Every other brand have bugs worse than this esp Xiaomi
theFilmtricsay

How Do I Upload My Sagemmyx7 Pics To A Pc? / Download Ebook On How To Make Money Online / Opera Mini