Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards (1623 Views)

Akeredolu: Malami Arrogant, Anarchist, Ban On Open Grazing Will Be Enforced / Northerners Issuing Foreigners Passports, Voters’ Cards Through NIN – Mailafia / Warning: Nigerians' Identities Are Being Submitted To Bokoharam Through NIN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by wisdomiskey(m): 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
'Now that 'law' mandates that your NIN is linked to your sim card, you are now easily traceable - from henceforth, if you post any anti-government material on social media, including twitter, or engage in online protests, they can easily request all your information for the mobile sim phone company you are registered with, track you down and persecute you.
Isn't it a coincidence this whole thing has come into play following the #Endsars saga?
NIN is a very strategic political tool for control and heavy censorship.
Once everyone has registered their NIN, a Social Media Bill will be announced.
Don't say you weren't warned."

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by blezoo: 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by FarahAideed: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
But the Telcos already had your bio from name to image and even finger prints for years now so this your theory no add up

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by nyiamfrank: 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
Trash

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by wisdomiskey(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
FarahAideed:
But the Telcos already had your bio from name to image and even finger prints for years now so this your theory no add up

Yes, but with the NIN registration comes more details of your personal life.. your address, your next of kin(s) etc..

If una like, no believe.. let's see how things play out in the next few months.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by FarahAideed: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Yes, but with the NIN registration comes more details of your personal life.. your address, your next of kin(s) etc..

Oh I see your angle

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by Exc2000: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Stop spreading falasy

NIN captured information isn't really different from SIM registration.... They only want to authenticate your BVN, NIN and SIM registration data for security purposes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by wisdomiskey(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
Exc2000:

Stop spreading falasy

NIN captured information isn't really different from SIM registration.... They only want to authenticate your BVN, NIN and SIM registration data for security purposes

No wahala, like I said, let's see how things play out..
Feel free to revisit this thread once the Social Media Bill is passed...

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by Easternmind(m): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Ok..spot on...
Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by Exc2000: 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Black man should stop panicking and rejecting everything he doesn't understand

Social Media Bill would be passed to law

Only a court can administer the law and your lawyers must be present

The Law and proposed bill are available for download online

National Identity Number is like Social Security Number in the US, NHIS number in UK or Dubai Citizens/ Residency number aka pataka

Ask any Yahoo boy in your neighbourhood how many SIM card he has or has ever registered with phony pictures and name, since Bandits Boko Haram and Kidnappers use the loop hole too and are deadly unlike Gee boys

Now FG's proposal is let's match National Identity Number to all SIM Card

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by wisdomiskey(m): 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
Exc2000:

Black man should stop panicking and rejecting everything he doesn't understand

Social Media Bill would be passed to law

Only a court can administer the law and your lawyers must be present

The Law and proposed bill are available for download online

National Identity Number is like Social Security Number in the US, NHIS number in UK or Dubai Citizens/ Residency number aka pataka

Ask any Yahoo boy in your neighbourhood how many SIM card he has or has ever registered with phony pictures and name, since Bandits Boko Haram and Kidnappers use the loop hole too and are deadly unlike Gee boys

Now FG's proposal is let's match National Identity Number to all SIM Card

Thank God you mentioned this.

Now ask yourself, how many of those countries require their citizens to link their social security numbers to their SIM cards?

Why are Nigerians so accustomed to a slave-master relationship with their government?

It's like you are in support of such (social media regulation).
You support tyranny

*sigh

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by Bonesking(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
With the rate of killings, terrorism and fraud in this country I’m not surprised by the government call for SIM validation with NIN.
Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by Abohboy: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
How are social media accounts linked with SIM cards, you post something against the government, okay they find your twitter accounts but most people don’t have their name as their twitter account, so how then do they find the phone number that was linked ( if you did use one ) for your twitter account, the theory doesn’t make any sense, how do they get the number and if they do they wouldn’t track you down, thousands of Nigerians say things against the government daily if anything like that started happening, the ICZc would be called in very quickly, so I don’t understand what you people are lamenting about.
Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by wisdomiskey(m): 11:04am On Dec 22, 2020
Abohboy:
How are social media accounts linked with SIM cards, you post something against the government, okay they find your twitter accounts but most people don’t have their name as their twitter account, so how then do they find the phone number that was linked ( if you did use one ) for your twitter account, the theory doesn’t make any sense, how do they get the number and if they do they wouldn’t track you down, thousands of Nigerians say things against the government daily if anything like that started happening, the ICZc would be called in very quickly, so I don’t understand what you people are lamenting about.

Do you know your mobile network provider has access to everything you do online? I mean everything.

Now, if the government wants to 'investigate' someone and therefore requires network providers to provide the NIN numbers linked to whatever device was found to be tweeting anti-government material on social media, what do you think would happen?
How do you think they managed to track down Eromz on twitter and persecute him for his activism during the #EndSARS protest?

The new requirement for NIN to Sim (network) connection will make their job 10x easier if you don't know. Now if they cant find you, they will hold your family members (those whose details you've supplied on the form).. they will hold them until you surrender yourself (just as they are doing to Seun Kuti right now)

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by Leshurr(f): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Now ask yourself, how many of those countries require their citizens to link their social security numbers to their SIM cards?

True... it's a bizarre concept to have one's social security number,linked to their phone network connection.
..This isn't done anywhere.
I've never called lalasticlala before but I think this is front page material... it's a good topic for discussion.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by wisdomiskey(m): 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
Leshurr:

True... it's a bizarre concept to have one's social security number,linked to their phone network connection.
..This isn't done anywhere.
I've never called lalasticlala before but I think this is front page material... it's a good topic for discussion.

As you can see, folks aren't ready to comprehend this possibility, not to talk of discussing it

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by bolanto24(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Op I believe you. The government have something up their sleeves.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Social Media Bill Will Be Enforced Through NIN/SIM Cards by Patriarchy001(m): 11:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
bolanto24:
Op I believe you. The government have something up their sleeves.

Most definitely

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka / Fulani Herdsmen: What This Hausa Woman Said About Fulanis Will Take You Aback / Biafrans Storm Manchester City Centre To Protest For Kanu's Release- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.