Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms (1282 Views)

Is Trading In Currencies Halal? / Should Muslims Celebrate December 31st Cross-over Night, Is It Islamic?? / The Love Charm (halal And Haram) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms by alsudaes1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Salaam alaykum wa Rahmotullaah wa Baarokatuhu.

I know Islam does not discourage us from engaging in investments. Recently, I have seen or read about different Agritech platforms in Nigeria where individuals can sign up for different kinds of Agricultural products ranging from food crops to animals/birds, the Agritech firms claim they farm/nurture the animals on one's behalf and sell also on one's behalf.

There are different offers of fixed percentages of profit based on the amount invested on the different plans over fixed period of time (maturity)

As a Muslim who would not want to consume haram in any guise, can we invest in such platforms?

My doubts are premised on how real are the platforms, are the farms truly in existence? Hoping also that such are not ponzi schemes in disguise.

I don't know if my enquiry has earlier been attended to, please pardon me if that's the case.

Cc:
Lukgaf
RealIsmailakabir
Rashduct4luv

And other brethren.
Re: Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms by AntiChristian: 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
I know some brothers into it and they're good Muslims from what is apparent.

Try and confirm the business to be free of haram by verifying the plantation, obtaining genuine documents, verifying the business name on CAC website among others.
Re: Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms by Lukgaf(m): 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
Wa alekum salam waramotulah wabarakatuh bro. Fixed profit? Any risk associated?

alsudaes1:
Salaam alaykum wa Rahmotullaah wa Baarokatuhu.

I know Islam does not discourage us from engaging in investments. Recently, I have seen or read about different Agritech platforms in Nigeria where individuals can sign up for different kinds of Agricultural products ranging from food crops to animals/birds, the Agritech firms claim they farm/nurture the animals on one's behalf and sell also on one's behalf.

There are different offers of fixed percentages of profit based on the amount invested on the different plans over fixed period of time (maturity)

As a Muslim who would not want to consume haram in any guise, can we invest in such platforms?

My doubts are premised on how real are the platforms, are the farms truly in existence? Hoping also that such are not ponzi schemes in disguise.

I don't know if my enquiry has earlier been attended to, please pardon me if that's the case.

Cc:
Lukgaf
RealIsmailakabir
Rashduct4luv

And other brethren.
Re: Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms by alsudaes1(m): 8:01am On Dec 25, 2020
Lukgaf:
Wa alekum salam waramotulah wabarakatuh bro. Fixed profit? Any risk associated?

Fixed profit, yes.
Theres a particular one, you get 50% of your capital as profit after 4 months, there's another one of 73% of your capital after 6 months, some the ROI is 15 % after 3 months etc.
The risk is what I don't know, they are mostly silent on it, they lay emphasis on the percentage profit of the capital after a specific number of months
Re: Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms by Realismailakabir: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2020
alsudaes1:

Fixed profit, yes.
Theres a particular one, you get 50% of your capital as profit after 4 months, there's another one of 73% of your capital after 6 months, some the ROI is 15 % after 3 months etc.
The risk is what I don't know, they are mostly silent on it, they lay emphasis on the percentage profit of the capital after a specific number of months
my understanding concerning fixed profit is that it is an investment approach focused on preservation of capital and steady income/profit... if this is the case it is haram! it is indirect system of usury using investment as a cover-up! there are many of this type of investments, any muslim who fears Allah and the last day should refrain from any interest based investment or what is confusing whereas he didn't know if it's haram or halal. our noble prophet said

“Verily, the lawful is clear and the unlawful is clear, and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which many people do not know. Thus, he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, and he who falls into doubtful matters will fall into the unlawful as the shepherd who pastures near a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Verily, every king has a sanctum and the sanctum of Allah is his prohibitions. Verily, in the body is a piece of flesh which, if sound, the entire body is sound, and if corrupt, the entire body is corrupt. Truly, it is the heart.”

So brother deter from a confusing business that you are'nt sure if it falls under haram or halal.

Allah Permitted Business and Prohibit Usury

Our Lord permitted us to do business and gain as much as we can by 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% .... %200 but he forbid us from taking interest and unwarranted profit the reason to this is best known to him because judging by human knowledge we will all say it is same. This is the same thing unbelievers said when the verse of usury was revealed because they are judging with human knowledge, so He knows best why he has forbidden it!

البقرة ٢:٢٧٥

ٱلَّذِينَ يَأْكُلُونَ ٱلرِّبَوٰا۟ لَا يَقُومُونَ إِلَّا كَمَا يَقُومُ ٱلَّذِى يَتَخَبَّطُهُ ٱلشَّيْطَٰنُ مِنَ ٱلْمَسِّۚ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَالُوٓا۟ إِنَّمَا ٱلْبَيْعُ مِثْلُ ٱلرِّبَوٰا۟ۗ وَأَحَلَّ ٱللَّهُ ٱلْبَيْعَ وَحَرَّمَ ٱلرِّبَوٰا۟ۚ فَمَن جَآءَهُۥ مَوْعِظَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِۦ فَٱنتَهَىٰ فَلَهُۥ مَا سَلَفَ وَأَمْرُهُۥٓ إِلَى ٱللَّهِۖ وَمَنْ عَادَ فَأُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ أَصْحَٰبُ ٱلنَّارِۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَٰلِدُونَ

Those who consume interest cannot stand [on the Day of Resurrection] except as one stands who is being beaten by Satan into insanity. That is because they say, "Trade is [just] like interest." But Allah has permitted trade and has forbidden interest. So whoever has received an admonition from his Lord and desists may have what is past, and his affair rests with Allah . But whoever returns to [dealing in interest or usury] - those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.

البقرة ٢:٢٧٦

يَمْحَقُ ٱللَّهُ ٱلرِّبَوٰا۟ وَيُرْبِى ٱلصَّدَقَٰتِۗ وَٱللَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ كُلَّ كَفَّارٍ أَثِيمٍ

Allah destroys interest and gives increase for charities. And Allah does not like every sinning disbeliever.

From Jabir : The Prophet, , may cursed the
receiver and the payer of interest, the one who
records it and the two witnesses to the
transaction and said: "They are all alike [in
guilt]

The Prophet (SAW) said, "Avoid the seven great
destructive sins." The people enquire, "O Allah's Apostle

(SAW)! What are they? "He said, "(1) To join others in worship along with Allah, (2) to practice sorcery, (3) to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause, (according to Islamic law), (4) to eat up Riba (usury), (5) to eat up an orphan's wealth, (6) to show one's back to
the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, (7) and to accuse, chaste women, who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good
believers.
Re: Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms by Lukgaf(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2020
alsudaes1:

Fixed profit, yes.

"In order for this to be permissible, it is essential that the division of profits be according to a set share of the profit, such as one-half, one-third, and so on.

It is not permissible for that share to be a fixed share of the capital, such as if he took some money to do business with it and they agreed that he would give him – for example – ten percent of the capital on the basis that this is profit.

Similarly it is not permissible for the profit to be a set amount of money – such as one thousand dollars every year or every month. Rather it must be a share of the profit, according to whatever they have agreed upon.

If a specific amount of money or a specific percentage of the capital is stipulated, then the partnership contract is haraam and invalid. "

https://www.islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/65689
Re: Is It Islamic (halal) To Invest In Digital Agricultural Investment Platforms by alsudaes1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
Lukgaf:

"In order for this to be permissible, it is essential that the division of profits be according to a set share of the profit, such as one-half, one-third, and so on.

It is not permissible for that share to be a fixed share of the capital, such as if he took some money to do business with it and they agreed that he would give him – for example – ten percent of the capital on the basis that this is profit.

Similarly it is not permissible for the profit to be a set amount of money – such as one thousand dollars every year or every month. Rather it must be a share of the profit, according to whatever they have agreed upon.

If a specific amount of money or a specific percentage of the capital is stipulated, then the partnership contract is haraam and invalid. "

https://www.islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/65689
JazaakAllaahu khairan

(1) (Reply)

Quranopedia - A Quran Site For Muslims In Hausa, Yoruba And English / Different Arabic Versions Of The Qur'an / Important Fatwas On Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.