Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Please Help A Single Mother � - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help A Single Mother � (13820 Views)

Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife / I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Re: Please Help A Single Mother � by Nazgul: 8:35am On May 22, 2023
I followed this thread from page 1. And I'll give you my piece of advice.

1. A lot of people (Myself inclusive) don't give money to online beggars. Why? Because most of them are scammers, bet addicts, brothel addicts, drug addicts, lazy, entitled...etc. They're like stray dogs, if you feed them today, they'll be back tomorrow with a different format for more. Just like you've been keeping this thread alive since 2020 so as to keep getting help from people.

2. Engage in something. If you have the opportunity to visit any NYSC orientation camp, you'll understand what hussling means. Stop sitting idle, Survey your environment and ask yourself what you can do. Businesses vary based on environment.

If you're living close to a secondary school or bus stop, you can sell cooked food, make fries, buns, zobo...etc.

A lot of uneducated widows today feed their families with the proceedings they make from what they sell. I know a woman who's kids are in Yabatech, she sells varieties of cooked food and uses the proceedings to train them.

So many businesses in Nigeria today can be opened with less than 10k. From your post, you said you're managing yourself with a small business. That's a good start. Nurture it to maturity.

3. You must make it a duty to stop begging. Everyone is passing through one problem or the other. So if you keep begging people around you to come to your aid every now and then, they'll begin to avoid you. In this part of the world, people avoid friends who beg. And if you successfully drive away all your friends, when you need geninue assistance, where would you turn to?

4. Relocate to a much cheaper State. This is another option to consider. There are less cheaper states in the SW to consider moving to. Cos Lagos as we all know is very expensive. When you look at the fees you'll be paying for your kids, to accommodation, transportation, shop rent... etc, you'll agree with me that it's so much,

5. Be prudent with money. If you're selling rice in the open, your goal should be to get a shop and add more delicacy like swallow, and varieties of soup, once you get the shop, you can upgrade to catering services, include it on your banner along with your phone number. The SW are known for their owambe parties if you can sell yourself properly you would certainly get catering contracts.

I know a women who used to cook for a popular club in Lagos every weekend back then. She told me that she was making nothing less than 100k after removing her expenses.

It's disgusting seeing you hovering around this thread for 3 years. It shows that you have no plan for yourself. You just want people to keep assistance you and giving you money. Life my dear doesn't work that way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? / Couple Welcome Baby Boy After 15 Years Of Marriage / Wives: Would You Submit Your Paychecks To Your Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.