Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State (33534 Views)

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam / My Trip To Akure, The Capital Of Ondo State (pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Tobest94: 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
You come my town, you no halal me make I join the egboro movement
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by ipobarethieves: 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
Omihanifa:
You didn't show us olashore international School and their Mini stadium
iloko is not within ijebu ijesa
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Iamgrey5(m): 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
happney65:

Me too live a quiet life..If you dont mind,we can hook up one of these days.
No problem Bros.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Petyprincess(f): 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
Scaryface:

Omo ile ibo ni e nikire?
Omo ilu modakeke ni mi o grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by happney65: 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
No problem Bros.

sent you PM..Thanks
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Iamgrey5(m): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
happney65:

sent you PM..Thanks
No problem bruv, I will check it later.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Unrated900(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
What are you trying to bring out in this your story now?
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by STENON(f): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2020
Petyprincess:

Omo ilu modakeke ni mi o grin
Akoraye Agbe wa o grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by greatbuc(m): 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
Lodged in Carlton few days ago.. loved their stone like bed and tiny brush with paste that tastes like chalk.

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by ThatFairGuy: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
My Take On The Trip

6) I expected to see an overflow of amala, now I know it is not every Yoruba state that has amala as their major swallow. I was given pounded yam though.

P.S lipsrsealed

It's a misconception.
Pounded yam is majorly for The Ekitis and Ijesha People.
Amala is for Oyo state and environ(Osun central).
Lafun(white Amala is for Ogun residents (Majorly The Egba People)
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
greatbuc:
Lodged in Carlton few days ago.. loved their stone like bed and tiny brush with paste that tastes like chalk.

No potbelly, nice!!

ThatFairGuy:

It's a misconception.
Pounded yam is majorly for The Ekitis and Ijesha People.
Amala is for Oyo state and environ(Osun central).
Lafun(white Amala is for Ogun residents (Majorly The Egba People)

Alright. Thanks for the clarificationz
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by adeowo84(m): 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
1— Introduction

A neighbourhood I went to:
Had to go greet my host’s family.

Last pic: Our takeaway from the accident. It has been worked on a bit. Tail light was broken.

So you went to my own home town, u see the house beside the small round about in front of the oba palace/ town hall... that's my family house...hope u eat enough pounded yam

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
adeowo84:

So you went to my own home town, u see the house beside the small round about in front of the oba palace/ town hall... that's my family house...hope u eat enough pounded yam

I wouldn’t know which one, but I saw the roundabout with shops/houses around it. I ate it just once, not a fan of pounded yam. I hate to say I think it is overhyped. lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by egorov(m): 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Hahaha. Thanks a lot babe. *blushing*

It is their carriage like you said. Their alphaness is not forced. They are soft, but still in control.

Look at Regina, drawing tattoo upandan and flexing. Young guys would think Ned is weak. If it were them, they’ll probably be nagging everyday- but Ned just dey look her. Allowing her enjoy her youthful stage, he knows where and when to be strict. Older men choose their battles. Young guys whine unnecessarily like hungry babies looking for breastmilk.

I love this thread. I'm from ijebujesa, and I can proudly and boldly say it's one one the most developed places in osun state. I was in ilesa yesterday for am event, elegboro was there and he wore this same green cloth he's wearing in this picture, makes me believe this was yesterday too. I knew him when before he became king. We usually meet with his children and himself every Xmas, he's a very lovely lively man, the kin loves his beer too.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by luemz(m): 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
1— Introduction

A neighbourhood I went to:
Had to go greet my host’s family.

Last pic: Our takeaway from the accident. It has been worked on a bit. Tail light was broken.

Interesting...
I'm a passionate volunteer. would you be kind enough to let me know which organisation you volunteer for and if there's an opening for volunteers? I'm interested. thanks Pocohantas
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2020
luemz:

Interesting...
I'm a passionate volunteer. would you be kind enough to let me know which organisation you volunteer for and if there's an opening for volunteers? I'm interested. thanks Pocohantas

Alright. I’ll let them know, if they agree, I’ll reach out.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by labiola: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=adeowo84 post=97366327]

So you went to my own home town, u see the house beside the small round about in front of the oba palace/ town hall... that's my family house...hope u eat enough pounded yam[/quote

Kai ibi ire le? Ki oruko agbole re ni ijebu jesa?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Seyilome(m): 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ejigbos owns Abidjan and Lome
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by toscolee(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Hahaha. Thanks a lot babe. *blushing*

It is their carriage like you said. Their alphaness is not forced. They are soft, but still in control.

Look at Regina, drawing tattoo upandan and flexing. Young guys would think Ned is weak. If it were them, they’ll probably be nagging everyday- but Ned just dey look her. Allowing her enjoy her youthful stage, he knows where and when to be strict. Older men choose their battles. Young guys whine unnecessarily like hungry babies looking for breastmilk.

Na young man u go marry.
I pray for you as a father.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by potbelly(m): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2020

pocohantas:

No potbelly, nice!!

Alright. Thanks for the clarificationz
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by molbic(m): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Buy me bone straight I go send you picture. From baby to adulthood, make you see say I never bleach. Lol, I was hungry na. Won’t I eat again?
ok my curiosity has been confirmed I always knew you are one of those Igbo girls brought up or maybe born in Lagos who hardly visit her village

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Petyprincess(f): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2020
STENON:
Akoraye Agbe wa o grin wink
Ahh this is too much grin grin , it's getting deeper lol

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Alwaysachick: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
Entertaining........it also took me back memory lane during my stay in Osun, Ilesha to be precise

I guess your trip was quite official, you missed the fun parts like the pool at Zenebabs and Erin- ijesha water falls at Oriade LGA

You also did no wrong crushing on the Oba, those guys are too mannered and learned to be in such location, who would have thought.

Nice one, well done
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
molbic:
ok my curiosity has been confirmed I always knew you are one of those Igbo girls brought up or maybe born in Lagos who hardly visit her village

Yes I was born and brought up in Lagos, but I am very sure I have been to my village more times than you have been to yours.

Alwaysachick:
Entertaining........it also took me back memory lane during my stay in Osun, Ilesha to be precise

I guess your trip was quite official, you missed the fun parts like the pool at Zenebabs and Erin- ijesha water falls at Oriade LGA

You also did no wrong crushing on the Oba, those guys are too mannered and learned to be in such location, who would have thought.

Nice one, well done

Very official. I was knackered to do any other thing, just wanted to sleep and eat. Lmao, I know I did nothing wrong. I no kill person na. cheesy

Thanks sis.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by funshint(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
Welcome to my home town...beautiful and peaceful. Erin-ijesha waterfall is just a stone throw away. And the big hotel on the road(Ilesa-IjebuJesa) has a standard cinema *you wont believe that! And the Oba(HRH Olufemi Agusoye) is my uncle... Inbox me just in case you need his contact *winks.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
funshint:
Welcome to my home town...beautiful and peaceful. Erin-ijesha waterfall is just a stone throw away. And the big hotel on the road(Ilesa-IjebuJesa) has a standard cinema *you wont believe that! And the Oba(HRH Olufemi Agusoye) is my uncle... Inbox me just in case you need his contact *winks.

Thanks, I’ll sure visit again. When I do, I’ll explore more and check that out.

Lol. I was hosted by the family of the late Oba, if I wanted his contact- I would have gotten it quite easily and officially too. Na just mental crush o.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Idaytesj29(m): 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
My Take On The Trip

P.S, This contraption should be banned. lipsrsealed

That contraption is now 1.3M on higher purchase and they still rush it like your plate of efo riro and semo.

On comparison, that Ibadan is only second to Lagos..... Lagos is the baba.... After na Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by uthlaw: 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
More pictures...

you fresh oooo!
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Idaytesj29(m): 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
Omihanifa:
You didn't show us olashore international School and their Mini stadium

That's in Iloko Ijesa
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Idaytesj29(m): 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

I did, but pictures do no justice to his looks. The second he knew I wasn’t Yoruba, he switched to English and the diction just touch my heart.

We got outside and I asked my host, that man is very educated and he didn’t school in Nigeria, right? Answer was positive. I told him if the man needs second wife, a menopausal feminist is available. grin grin

Hahahaha
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by femi4: 1:18am On Dec 24, 2020
Sammy07:

The guy you quote is correct.

Oyos.
Ondo/Ekitis.

you see those two are all SW states in large numbers.

Ijebus are actually the Igbos of Yorubas in terms of Business, I give it to ijebu and Egba people

Poco take a trip to Ondo next time cool.
And BTW, Oyos, Kwaras and Northern parts of Osun, eats Amala wellaaaaaa
https://www.nairaland.com/925785/ijebu-people-ancestral-hometowns-lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All You Should Know About Driving In Australia As A New Immigrant From Nigeria / Benin-ore: We Were Cleared To Land On The Expressway - Helicopter Operators / Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.