Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London (29559 Views)

Nigeria’s Election Badly Flawed, INEC Failed, Says Financial Times Of London / Venezuela Using Nigerian Influencers To Wage Twitter War - Financial Times / Trump Said Buhari Is So Lifeless - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by igbowoman: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
Did they say close to becoming?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Odkosh: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
It has been a failed state for long na
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Dee60: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
“The definition of a failed state is one where the government is no longer in control. By this yardstick, Africa’s most populous country is teetering on the brink.”

YESTERDAY THE GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCED THAT PUBLIC TRANSPORT MUST DO 50% CAPACITY - HAS ANY TRANSPORTER OBSERVED THIS?

THERE IS A LAW IN LAGOS THAT THOSE WHO FAIL TO USE MASKS WILL BE PROSECUTED - PLEASE TAKE A WALK AROUND AND SEE HOW MANY HAVE COMPLIED. IN FACT, THE PEOPLE WHO USE MASKS ARE STARED AT AS IF THEY VISITED FROM MARS.

GOVERNMENT IS IN CONTROL BUT THAT SEEMS TO BE ERODING VERY FAST.

THIS NEWSPAPER SAID THE TRUTH.

WAKE UP, COUNTRY.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by nedekid: 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
SocialJustice:
Lol, Nigeria is already a failed state. I even heard Syria - a war torn country has better health care.
Truelly. Damascus, despite the war is like Paris. Visit YouTube and see what the hospitals look like despite the sanctions by the Americans.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Nwaide01: 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2020
Becoming or already a failed state, Nigeria is the only country i of that don't have goods you can buy with her lesser currencies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by NGpatriot: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rebelutionary:
Personally, despite the prevailing challenges, I tend to take all this "predictions" with a pinch of salt! 2015 came and went and we still dey!! We will weather this!

What a Patriot.

They've been writing their useless obituary since 1909, but Nigeria is still standing.

God Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by samdunzo: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rebelutionary:
Personally, despite the prevailing challenges, I tend to take all this "predictions" with a pinch of salt! 2015 came and went and we still dey!! We will weather this!

Yea, but it will take a lot of work... we cannot afford to mess up 2023.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
SilverNorGold:
So true.. PDP really destroyed Nigeria.. President Buhari is just like Jesus.. He's the one they always send to save Nigeria from the claws of saboteurs! Whenever things go south, and Nigeria in flames, they summon him from the North, to come and carry us on his shoulder to a place of safety..

Rebuilding the nation after rebuilding our lives... That's his mission in Nigeria... And he'll be hated... Persecuted by the same people that destroyed our glory.. But they'll fail because God is with him..

@Daddy, we will always remain grateful to you... God bless you..

God bless all patriotic Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

I bet a lobotomized simpleton like yourself cannot even visit his village anymore for fear of Fulani bandits

Shame on you and on all your ancestors for burdening the Lord's green earth with an abomination in human form like you.

*spits in disgust*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by samdunzo: 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
LibertyRep:
Can this be halted?

The signs have all been there.

There's no need to trade blames at this point, all hands should be on deck to rescue the sinking ship.

Granted that mistakes have been made, Buhari could live to expectations. I wish patriotic Nigerians join hands to rescue the nation first before coming back to the ineptitude of this government.

Yes, it can. I suggest you read on Indonesia and India. To avoid becoming a failed state, all we really have to do is embrace federalism fully and devolve power to the federating units. India did this in the 90s, today they are the 6th largest economy in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by MajohBankz: 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
Close kwa? Are you just waking up? We're already in Sai baba 2.0, what else can be called failure other than that?
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by SeriouslySense(m): 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
Okay.

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by rontolo(m): 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
I read earlier today that the Nigerian army cannot secure a 20km road where bandits and kidnappers strike regularly. This is a road where all the routes are known and the bandits move about freely. There is a major brigade nearby!

I lost all hope in Nigeria. This is influencing all my decisions. A friend called he was going to make a N100M investment in Nigeria. I convinced him to invest his money in any western country instead. A zero interest dollar denominated savings in a UK or US bank is a wiser investment than property or any equivalent investment in Nigeria today. Our leaders have failed us. Our leaders are incredibly backward! I am extremely pessimistic with the ilk of Buhari in power

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by bishopkay: 3:34pm On Dec 22, 2020
blacknp:
Nigeria is a Federation of States, & you are blaming 1 ethnicity? What is the difference between you & an Almijiri in Yobe State?

Since the President & Fulanis in Abuja is the cause of all your woes in a democratic dispensation? People refuse to think out the box, it is the President’s fault, youths prefer yahoo yahoo instead of industrial farming, it is the president’s Fault, not the Governor who under Nigerian law is the custodian of the land? Ignorance reigns supreme?

Yeah when the bushes are not even safe due to buhari's kinsmen running a mock with their cattle? Also who will finance this industrial farming ehn? Shey money will fall from the skies ni? Fool
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by EjaikreTheViper(f): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
SilverNorGold:
So true.. PDP really destroyed Nigeria.. President Buhari is just like Jesus.. He's the one they always send to save Nigeria from the claws of saboteurs! Whenever things go south, and Nigeria in flames, they summon him from the North, to come and carry us on his shoulder to a place of safety..

Rebuilding the nation after rebuilding our lives... That's his mission in Nigeria... And he'll be hated... Persecuted by the same people that destroyed our glory.. But they'll fail because God is with him..

IT IS VERY EASY TO SPOT A FOOL ONLINE

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by wink2015(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rebelutionary:

WEATHER WETIN ?

DOUBTING THOMASES !
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Sunnydoo: 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
Check this out guys, the UK sold Nigeria out and now it's very hard to fix except for divine intervention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17u-I-4sVrM

May we find back out path.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Ekotech1980: 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
“President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015 pronounced Boko Haram technically defeated’. That has proved fanciful. Boko Haram has remained an ever-present threat. If the latest kidnapping turns out to be its work, it would mark the spread of the terrorist group from its north-eastern base."

WILL THEY TAKE NOTE OF THE DANGER SIGNALS.

ONWU NA-EGBU NWA NKITA ANAGHI EKWE YA NU ISI NSI!
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Guestlander: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2020
We run a system that is not working for the majority of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Edusouls(m): 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
For 16 years Nigeria was raped without condoms, by PDP, pregnanting us severally followed by series of damaging abortions, leading to irreparable damage.. it shall never be well with PDP..
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by ehinmowo: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
happy200:
Nigerian jonalist should also write and analyze UK's second wave of Corona Virus, because it seems they only see our problems and don't see theirs.

For a start, we do not have a world standard or international platform. My uncle works in VoN, for over 15 years, they have not sent a single signal to international space. because all the equipment are only good to be used as anchor.

About 5 years ago, PHCN disconnected their power. Abi na NTA wey nobody in the international community can ever tune to, should they even have capacity to handle international journalism. They cannot even sponsor a journalist to CAR for coverage. Let alone keeping one in almost every country for reportage.

That UK is having some challenges doesn't change the fact that NIgeria is displaying symptoms of a failed state. And each of those index is getting stronger by the day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by donb06: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rebelutionary:
The leader 2015 is not same leader now oo

That leader listened and tried to avert the 2015 doom... This leader is not listening oo
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Shattuck(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
our case right now remain what could have been, it's so pathetic when you know the right thing to do but greed and selfish interest won't let you do what is right. look at our lives, look at our nation, what do we have left?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by PHijo(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nothing new, Nigeria has been a failed state since 2003. The emergence of Buhari in 2015 only made it a lot more obvious.

Only a miracle would halt Nigeria's imminent break up.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Litmus: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
I have been shouting from the rooftops Nigeria is a failed state and only the youths can salvage the nation come 2023 elections from the fraudsters,drug barons and ritualists in APC,PDP and APGA.

The article was written by a Nigerian, Ayo Adedoyin. He first wrote this in the Telegraph on the 28th of May 2020. Therefore, how valid is the article given that his Nigerian nationality or linage taints any objectivity?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/28/nigeria-moves-closer-becoming-failed-state/
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Asetua(f): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Most people can talk and criticize Nigeria and the current situation anywhere. I mean u will hear people in the buss on the streets in market please openly criticize and even curse the government and government officials as much as they want.

I am just wondering if anyone that support the government can openly praise them in the public anywhere, Does this ever happen? or can it ever happen.

Apart from social media and TV do people argue in favor of this Nigerian government in public places?.

I am just wondering!
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Nchenches: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Islie:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-close-to-becoming-a-failed-state-says-financial-times/

Financial Times of UK should be questioning why 200,000,000 Nigerians can’t sit down and undo what one Frederick Luggard with his girlfriend did in 1914 - a misdeed which has dehumanized the 200,000,000 people in Nigeria.

After all, very fewer white peoples in former Czechoslovakia saw the 1918 unification of Czech and Slovakia as dysfunctional and dissolved the Union quietly in 1993.

Instead, Southern and Middle belt of Nigeria politicians are queueing for political appointments by Arewa in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rebelutionary:
Yea right! This kinda mentality is why Nigeria is in deep mess, until there is nothing left of Nigeria then the youths will wake up.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Dexterfire: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Are you being sarcastic with this write-up?
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rebelutionary:

It was not worse as this then

have you been following up?
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Princeps: 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2020
Northerners with their high level of illiteracy, nepotism and religious bigotry lack the intellectual capacity to rule a complex entity like Nigeria. The good news is that this country is on track to breaking up. Let all major tribes go their own way.
Re: Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London by Nchenches: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
Dexterfire:

Are you being sarcastic with this write-up?

That’s a BMC Sai Baba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions 84-Unit LagosHOMS Housing Project / Hausa Community Seeks Reversal Of Okada Ban, Promises Sanwo-Olu Massive Votes / Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.