Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? (19267 Views)

How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? / How Do You Plan Your Budget For Feeding At Work To Save You Money? / Man Feeding A Fish With Beer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by lordsharks(m): 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
Around 15%
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by abbasajao(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2020
hakeem4:
Good day guys, I am actually taking a survey and I’m using Nairaland since it represents the view of the average Nigerian.

As for me I spend 30-25% of my monthly income on feeding only; maybe because I’m a bachelor and I do not cook.

How many percent of your income do you allocate for feeding in a month

You spend 25-30%.. Not 30-25%.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Enyimbamercedes: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
30%
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by lawrenzoo: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2020
nonstan:

I love reading intelligent comment, nice one!!

There in nothing intelligent about that answer, this is why we fail literature in school. The op never asked how much should be used, but how much you personally spend. So his answer should not have been generalised.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Mystique8(f): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2020
70%
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Elsueno: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by missionmex(m): 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2020
Pierocash:
There is no particular percentage that can be used,it depends on how much you earn.

Someone earning 100k can decide to use 25% of his earning. But someone earning 1m cannot use 25%,that is too much for feeding. What of someone earning 30k ,will 25% feed him a month?

It all depends on how much you earn. One person 5% for feeding can be too much for feeding,while another person's 50% can't even feed him for a week.
cool
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Carmal90(m): 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by deltateam: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2020
Philipponzaghi:
5%.

That covers eating and drinking for the month.

Oshe. Bros connect me nah.

Make I bring my aza while you consider me fah, oh Boss.
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2020
PrimeWatermark:
We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
Merry Christmas.
SIR ONLY NIGERIAN WHO KNOW NOT TO SPEND ALL THEIR MONEY and is not. our culture to spend wise

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
Pierocash:
There is no particular percentage that can be used,it depends on how much you earn.

Someone earning 100k can decide to use 25% of his earning. But someone earning 1m cannot use 25%,that is too much for feeding. What of someone earning 30k ,will 25% feed him a month?

It all depends on how much you earn. One person 5% for feeding can be too much for feeding,while another person's 50% can't even feed him for a week.

I so much like this logic, the cost of consumable goods are the same, few differences between rich & poor when It comes to food. So even when a Man earns 1M, he would still likely spend below 5% on food.

Conclusion is, to save more, you need to earn more & not depriving yourself of good food. Come thing like Gurumaraji

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by NaijaCover(m): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2020
70% goes to feeding, I no dey use food play

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
DeSepiero:

Question is
How much do you use?
Not how much should be used.
For me, it's about 15%.

Judging by this, your Salary is around 400k.
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Blackdisciple(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hmm!
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Whiteangel1234: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2020
I spend 5% Of my income for Clothing's and shoes , 5% on feeding/wine , 70% on savings and 20% on investment back Into my business

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by ubola: 1:12pm On Dec 25, 2020
As a family man with 5kids I appropriate 70percent for feeding, cos kids daily menu differs from adults. For instance kids would have noodles, pap, sliced bread, Milo, milk, crates of egg, lunch box, biscuit, fresh yo, ribena, sma gold, nan 3 etc, while adults can take dogs and one week old soup at any time of the day. know why, cos I don't send adults my kids first.

8 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by AnonymousCEO(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2020
Na oversense dey worry you
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by imagrg(m): 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
80%
Less than that 2 years back
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by tplayer: 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2020
One variable economist use to categorise countries into developed and developing is

The proportion of income spent on feeding

It's higher in the developing world

Check how much it would require of you to buy chicken, milk, cereals, sea food etc on a regular basis monthly

Even when u don't buy them regularly, feeding still takes a large share
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by classicfrank4u(m): 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2020
nonstan:

What is intelligent about his comment?
Op asked "what percentage of your salary do you use for feeding monthly"
And not "what percentage should be used for feeding monthly"
Everyone should just give theirs and move,no need for that unnecessary explanation undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by aridoup(m): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
Pearly255:
Less than 2%

Trying to lose weight on a serious note

Arrrghh good ooh but may ulcer no catch u ooh grin angry

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by KosiGee(m): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
Pierocash:

You don’t understand the question. Percentage still applies irrespective of your earning.

If you earn N100,000 and spend N25,000 on food...that’s 25%.
If however you earn N1,000,000 and still spend N25,000...that’s 2.5% of your earning on food.

It doesn’t matter how much you earn, as long as eat whether it be restaurant, mama put or you buy food stuffs and cook at home, a certain percentage of your earnings still go to feeding.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by KosiGee(m): 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
classicfrank4u:

What is intelligent about his comment?
Op asked "what percentage of your salary do you use for feeding monthly"
And not "what percentage should be used for feeding monthly"
Everyone should just give theirs and move,no need for that unnecessary explanation undecided

I’m surprised he called that intelligent.

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Ola17: 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2020
nonstan:

He actually missed the point. The thread is a survey that’s trying to capture how much an average Nairalander spends on food monthly. This will give the op an idea of the financial status of the people here vis-à-vis their disposable income.
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Donlino123(m): 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2020
emmaodet:
Less than 5% for a family of 4
Dat means your salary is huge...

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Donlino123(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
hakeem4:
Good day guys, I am actually taking a survey and I’m using Nairaland since it represents the view of the average Nigerian.

As for me I spend 30-25% of my monthly income on feeding only; maybe because I’m a bachelor and I do not cook.

How many percent of your income do you allocate for feeding in a month

I spend 30% on feeding for a family of 3..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Donlino123(m): 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Keep it that way bros and avoid getting married at all costs..

but if you do fall victim to the scam that marriage is, make sure your wife is solely responsible for providing feeding allowance.
That way, you are free to handle the rent and other bills.
Marriage is not a scam na.. lolls...And why will your wife be solely involved in feeding the house? to me it doesn't sound right

2 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by wisdomiskey(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
Donlino123:

Marriage is not a scam na.. lolls...And why will your wife be solely involved in feeding the house? to me it doesn't sound right

But it sounds right for you as the man to pay rent, bills, school fees, househelp, feeding allowance and still give your wife money to fix her hair and nails. After which she will ask you to join her in the kitchen alongside the househelp ..as per "equality" tinzz cheesy

Marriage is not a scam at all wink

6 Likes

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Ryan03(f): 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2020
shankara7:
As a bachelor back then I was spending 2k daily.
na big man you be o
Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Ryan03(f): 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2020
ofiko123:
I don't allocate I just eat when I am hungry...
same boat. But I want to change in 2021, I need a precise figure so I will know what I am saving and manage the allocated percent till month end make man nor go beg

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by Ryan03(f): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2020
wisdomiskey:

But it sounds right for you as the man to pay rent, bills, school fees, househelp, feeding allowance and still give your wife money to fix her hair and nails. After which she will ask you to join her in the kitchen alongside the househelp ..as per "equality" tinzz cheesy

Marriage is not a scam at all wink
pls let's try to make sense and just so you know, it's not everyday you fight about gender. Try dey rest, person dey die, try put this energy into something productive. And I haven't seen a woman who have everything being paid for her including house help asking her husband to come assist in house chores, let's be realistic. How many husbands in nigeria are even able to afford all these on their own? Abi nor be this Nigeria when we dey?

1 Like

Re: How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month? by silent10(m): 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2020
nonstan:

He failed the question. the question again; "How Many Percent Of Your Income Do You Allocate For Feeding In A Month?" what the person you quoted wrote doesn't answer the question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! / What Is Your Weirdest Food Combination / A Tale Of 2 Foodsellers And Their Attitudes In Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.