Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo (6504 Views)

Mohammadu Buhari Might Not Change Nigeria – Obasanjo / I’m Ready For PDP Forces – Aregbesola / Mass Revolt Looms In Nigeria, Obasanjo Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by chamber2(m): 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2011
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday, said he was ready to pay the supreme price if such would serve the best interest of the Nigerian dream.

Obasanjo stated this in a speech entitled “The Nigerian Dream’’ he delivered at the grand finale of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential campaign in Abuja.
“Our duties, responsibilities and obligations to our country as citizens, and indeed, as leaders must go side by side with our rights and demands. There must be certain values and virtues that must go concomitantly with our dream,” he said.

Quoting the famous philosopher, Thomas Paine, the former president added: “My country is the world. For me, my country I hold dear.” He elaborated on his Nigerian dream, saying: “I see a Nigerian dream of land of unity in diversity, equal opportunity, land of freedom and choices,

“Land of prosperity, fairness, peace and justice, land of love, care and harmony among its people, a land respected internationally and playing its rightful role within the comity of nations. And a land where no one is oppressed, discriminated against, enslaved or disadvantaged.”

Obasanjo recalled with nostalgia his post-secondary school era: “When I left secondary school in the mid-50s, there was only one university in Nigeria. Today, there are 117 universities, a greatly enhanced opportunity that must be matched by accessibility and employment opportunity. “This is an attainable dream and as a political party, we have dreamed and have set about actualising our Nigerian dream.’’

Referring to the PDP constitution, he said the party should be praised for being the only one that had enshrined the federal character, zoning and rotation in its constitution and in practice.
Obasanjo said: “I do not know who will be president of the country after Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. But with PDP policy and practice, I can reasonably guess from where, in terms of section of the country the successor to Jonathan will come from and no internal democracy or competition will be destroyed.

“The recent resort to sentiments and emotions of religion and regionalism is self-serving, unpatriotic and mischievous, to say the least. “It is also preying on dangerous emotive issues that can ignite uncontrollable passion and can destabilise, if not destroy our country. This is being oblivious of the sacrifices others have made in the past for unity, stability and democracy in Nigeria in giving up their lives, shedding their blood, and in going to prison.’’

Obasanjo stated that he personally had been involved in the two scenarios, adding, “`I am ready to do the third if it will serve the best interest of the Nigerian dream.’’
Speaking further, he said the declaration by President Jonathan to be a one-term President was a statement of sacrifice and statesmanship. “There is a press report that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has already taken a unique and unprecedented step of declaring that he would only want to be a one-term President. If so, whether we know it or not, that is a sacrifice and it is statesmanlike.

“Rather than vilify and pull him down, we, as a party, should applaud and commend him and Nigerians should reward and venerate him. He has taken the first good step,’’ the former President said.

“Let us encourage him to take more good steps by voting him in with a landslide victory as the fourth elected President of Nigeria on the basis of our common Nigerian identity and for the purpose of actualising Nigerian dream,’’ Obasanjo said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/mar/27/newsbreak-27-03-2011-001.htm
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by egift(m): 9:43pm On Mar 27, 2011
^^^
What is he waiting for
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by AljUche: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
egift:

^^^
What is he waiting for
grin grin grin grin grin o'boy u wicked ooo grin grin grin

but na true talk
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by OAM4J: 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2011
egift:

^^^
What is he waiting for

mennnnhhh! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by Katsumoto: 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2011
egift:

^^^
What is he waiting for

My sentiments exactly.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by mamagee3(f): 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2011
egift:

^^^
What is he waiting for
grin grin grin grin grin

What stopped him from dieing when he was the leader of Nigeria. . .

At least that should have been the best time to die for Nigeria as a leader. . .

Just hoping this isn't a ploy to seek for reelection just like IBB. grin
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by MaiSuya(m): 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2011
I dey laff! grin
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by juman(m): 10:59pm On Mar 27, 2011
Human beign are created to die. YES.

Everybody will surely die and we are going to meet our God.

Instead of him dying for Nigeria he should just be retired.

As was said when he became the chairman of the board of trustees of the PDP in 2007, (Mr. Anthony Anenih was the chaiman before), one of the executive officer of PDP  (probabaly I think it was former PDP chairman) said that Mr. Obasanjo would be around and leave after 2011 election. So election is near. And after election he should just be retired.

The PDP executive officer said that, after many problems and talks associated with Mr. Obasanjo becoming the chairman board of trustees of the PDP at that time.

We are created by God and we are surely going return to him. This is a must.

To me Nigeria is not what it to die for. A country where nothing works.

Certainly we are going to die one way or the other.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by juman(m): 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2011

“I see a Nigerian dream of land of unity in diversity, equal opportunity, land of freedom and choices,

“Land of prosperity, fairness, peace and justice, land of love, care and harmony among its people, a land respected internationally and playing its rightful role within the comity of nations. And a land where no one is oppressed, discriminated against, enslaved or disadvantaged.”

Nobody doubt Mr. Obasanjo love and sincerity for the nation. But we as masses we are only concern of working system. We are not politicians.

For example Mr. Lula da silva was president of Brazil for eight years, now see Brazil. Brazil is now a great country. Thanks to Lula.

Mr. Lula is a man with little former education. And hew performed wonderfully.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by Fulanee: 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2011
OBJ is a true comedian, basket mouth watchout baba Iyabo is coming for your throne. I still dey laff o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by ismaeel86(m): 12:00am On Mar 28, 2011
He actually wanted to die for Nigeria, that was why he wanted to go for third term during his tenure.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by SUGURU: 12:04am On Mar 28, 2011
OBJ is an embodiment of hypocrisy of the highest order. His death for Nigeria now has no relevance as he is already close  to his grave.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 28, 2011
Please Sir go ahead, after all he can kickstart our own revolution Tunisian style
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 28, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin i dey laff wella.

when he was president, why didn't he die? f.uc.king clown. i still dey laff.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by seedord247(m): 12:31am On Mar 28, 2011
iF he can't let someone help him
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by redcliff: 12:52am On Mar 28, 2011
hes talking, the time aba=cha put him in prison and wanted to ki-ll him why was he looking for a way out? he should have die.d for us
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by iluvnaija: 1:04am On Mar 28, 2011
SOMEBODY SHOULD SHOW THAT IDIOTA WHERE TO BUY OTA-PIAPIA. AND SE IF NIGERIANS WILL NOT REJOICE.

I DEY YAFF FOR AKWA IBOM
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by babaowo: 1:22am On Mar 28, 2011
Na wha oooo baba iyabo !enemy plenty oo, The only thing obasanjo did was that,he stylishly withrew d power from hausa's. Cos he understand they are power drunk virus lol and now its gonna b long for mallam to rule nailja again. Well done obj ! I still dey laugh ooo n i go laugh till i die in Jesus name amen.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by edoyad(m): 1:38am On Mar 28, 2011
Why would OBJ die and leave skunk like IBB and Atiku in this world ? We need you to continue giving them PAIN
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by juman(m): 5:25am On Mar 28, 2011
“Let us encourage him to take more good steps by voting him in with a landslide victory as the fourth elected President of Nigeria on the basis of our common Nigerian identity and for the purpose of actualising Nigerian dream,’’ Obasanjo said.

Say Jonathan/Sambo
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by ijawgirl: 5:33am On Mar 28, 2011
lol
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by oluwabamis(m): 6:57am On Mar 28, 2011
baba dont die yet, we just lost one of your coleagues (cd john) and we are still mourning him. in case you are still bent on dieing, all i need is ota farms, pls will it for me
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by mithel(m): 7:25am On Mar 28, 2011
oluwabamis:

baba dont die yet, we just lost one of your coleagues (cd john) and we are still mourning him. in case you are still bent on dieing, all i need is ota farms, pls will it for me

mo gbadun e jor,no dullin
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by igboboy1(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2011
baba dey yan like typical odua pikin,.,, when it comes to mouth I can factually say nobody reach odua peeps, their rakings and vokings doesnt equal their actions, Bunch of cowards, always be,
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by thweraja10: 8:24am On Mar 28, 2011
Its not too late Sir, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by Ayoobscom(m): 8:44am On Mar 28, 2011
What will OBJ death means to Nigeria? tragedy or relief

I do not see any fragrance of heroism in the debris of PDP's
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by seyigiggle: 8:45am On Mar 28, 2011
the more you people wish him death, the longer he will live
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2011
OBJ will die eventually, we should give no ear to him, what we should be worried however is his legacy of corrupt-minded children he has left behind to carry on in his footsteps.
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by rasputinn(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2011
Awwww how shweet of OBJ

OBJ is just sounding like those hypocites on nairaland that keep mouthing off that they're prepared to die to ensure their principal wins the election,I wonder what they too are waiting for,bloody hypocrites
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by ideylaff: 9:38am On Mar 28, 2011
WE are waiting for you and Akala, the Chief herbalist of Oyo State,  to pass now, Die 4 Nija now,

Go Hug Transformer,  grin

Cant you act like Mandela, and lets praise you for the little good work you did instead of messing it all up with UMYA and GEJ,

Baba @ your age you are still following campaign Trail all over the place,

A former Soldier with no shame,
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by fxtopedia(m): 9:49am On Mar 28, 2011
Baba Iyabo, your being alive has only contributed sorrow to this nation!
I am ready to eat at your FUNERAL service tongue
Re: I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo by sley4life(m): 10:09am On Mar 28, 2011
we are waiting. u are already old

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari Forms New Party In America / Igbo Yoruba Cold War. And The Winner Is! / Oyo Decides: 2023 Gubernatorial And HOA Election results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.