Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) (50162 Views)

World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) / Jupiter And Saturn’s Great Conjunction Is December 21 / Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Cleanworld(f): 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
Righteousness2:
That was the star of Bethelehem appearing for the First time in 1000 years.
It has made three appearances and this is its 3rd and Final appearance.

It First appeared on the Day JESUS was born ( which is the Christmas Day we celebrate here on Earth.

It's a Major sign for what is about to Hit the Earth.
The RAPTURE is upon us Folks..
Let's not Deceive ourselves ooo..
Are u Ready??
Accept JESUS and do away Completely with all forms of Evil , sin and Iniquity

Please with all due respect Jesus wasn't born on Xmas day. I know you are ignorance of this... I was too.
Xmas day was a discovery day... I don't want to go into details

Do your research well

My2cent

3 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
Plut01:

That's what defines you. You can only get worse if you force yourself to change. And it is not peculiar to the males alone.

The Sagittarians ehn, my little sis is one and she is too selective. Even to give some of us brothers attention nah die just her man alone.

That's how you are, live it.
my date doesn't last 6 month BUT FINALLY SEE ONE WHO DECIDED TO EMPLOYEE ME
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Rabehdo7(m): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
The star wey dem talk about we no see....
I no go belive them again
I saw it
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
post=97334688:

You are kicking a man of God just like that?
Wow!! shocked

A man of God
Another Wow!!

Make una dey fear God on dis forum o.

But we guess both of you are men of God?
Are we missing something?
Atleast you both remind us all of the second coming of our darling Jesus Christ.

Let brotherly love continue biko!
Good evening sir, sorry for the disturbance. Pls help my life, I'm very hungry. I swear I drank groundnut and garri today given to me by a neighbour. God knows i'm not lying. thank you
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2020
Let look for my Nokia 3310 that has very powerful camera, it will pick these images clearly, climbing the pear tree at the front of the house for crystal clear pictures
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Brunicekid(m): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
2020 is indeed a very special year!!!
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by LewsTherin: 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
onyechez:

Did you stay on ground or you were standing on top of a high storey building?

As long as you have a direct line of sight. I was on the ground between 2 buildings ergo their being seen between powerlines. I couldn't get a better position.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Bullman(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/22/world/jupiter-saturn-great-conjunction-images-scn-trnd/index.html

Source: https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/earthlings-treated-to-rare-alignment-of-idUSRTX8HPPE

I wonder why white people are much smarter than blacks .Sometimes i feel they are d aliens and blacks are the true humans.. da Bleep am i even saying
I really dont know what blacks have given to the world to make it a better place.

3 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Juliusmomoh: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Rabehdo7:
I saw it
Where oga ?

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Muhylonaire007:
Abegi...
We've been forsaken in Nigeria!
I stayed outside till 12am last night, looking for the brightest star (the 2 planets meeting) I didn't see shit.
Same here
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Neoteny(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
decatalyst:
E no reach Nigeria.

Even the heavenly bodies are angry at this government and our mumuness undecided

Celestial sightings are highly dependent on location, weather, and light pollution.

Don't be so quick to put down your country simply because you've no clue how astronomy works.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
Righteousness2:

It First appeared on the Day JESUS was born ( which is the Christmas Day we celebrate here on Earth.

Are u Ready??
so with your deep knowledge of Christianity, you of all people believe that Jesus was born on December 25th... Honestly I am very disappointed in you

3 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Hoedogwu(f): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
Trabelsi10:
Good evening sir, sorry for the disturbance. Pls help my life, I'm very hungry. I swear I drank groundnut and garri today given to me by a neighbour. God knows i'm not lying. thank you

As usual, nairaland bambiala, na your way.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Hoedogwu(f): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
Righteousness2:

Are u Ready??

Was Jesus born on dec 25th? Using lies to propagate the word of God is not the way bro. Stop it. Stop formulating lies. People can see through these lies sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Juliusmomoh: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
onyechez:

See the screen shot of it here on NAIRALAND on page 2 of this topic posted by a Nairalander.
The joke is on you.
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
This one no big na ...
If the thing come true true, na only lagos e go appear ?
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Ashley86400: 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

The lying scientists keep lying every time

Why are all these events never visible in Africa or Nigeria for that matter

But my gullible black people will swallow all these even without any proof

They prefer to believe in white lying scientists

Shut up!
I'm looking at it now and I'm in ikeja.
Even you can see it only that you'll think it's a star.
Look at the pictures in this post and compare it to anything you see in the sky tomorrow night between 7pm-8pm. . .that is Jupiter and Saturn. They look like stars because they're far away, but they're not. I can even see Mars with my eyes from where I'm standing.

2 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
Righteousness2:

Are u Ready??
o ye man of God!
abeg nah which Righteousness u be?
are u d one we've been waiting for? or shld we wait 4 anoda?

undecided
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Ashley86400: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
LewsTherin:
I just had to see it. Interesting to know that Mars is also visible in the sky close to the moon at about 7pm. I remember getting Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in the same shot 2 years back!

Light pollution makes star gazing difficult in Lagos but once in a while, PHCN wickedness has a silver lining!

Took the picture with a Note 20 Ultra. The zoom made the double "star" easier to capture.
You are a gem, I swear.
I thought I was the only star gazer here.
The comments here have been depressing with some saying it's a lie and others saying they're stars.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Ashley86400: 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Where do u live, if it's Lagos, don't expect it to be visible, such things are usually visible in clear sky and with the aid of telescope.
Don't expect to use to eye to see such even in a polluted environment.
I live in Lagos and it's very visible...
It's kind of hard to miss.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by ThreeEyedRaven: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2020
Supetheboys:
Wow!I missed that show.....I stopped at season 4 can't remember d episode sha
I'm seriously angry how Netflix refused to air season 7 till now
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
decatalyst:
E no reach Nigeria.

Even the heavenly bodies are angry at this government and our mumuness undecided

If bubu see am, e go shock am. So the heavens merely removed shock from bubu matter ni grin grin

Dude no!! i saw it cos i have been observing some strange moving stars around kd so today i say two bright star with one directly infront of the other noting how strang it look i observed now i saw this nd i found out it was not stars bt jupiter nd saturn
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ashley86400:

Shut up!
I'm looking at it now and I'm in ikeja.
Even you can see it only that you'll think it's a star.
Look at the pictures in this post and compare it to anything you see in the sky tomorrow night between 7pm-8pm. . .that is Jupiter and Saturn. They look like stars because they're far away, but they're not. I can even see Mars with my eyes from where I'm standing.
Oga telescopic eyes!

weh done sir!

oya gbe bodi eh

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by ThreeEyedRaven: 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Lol. That's a view of SkyRing otherwise known as Penance as seen from Sanctum
As in....

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Fucsheetup(f): 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

The lying scientists keep lying every time

Why are all these events never visible in Africa or Nigeria for that matter

But my gullible black people will swallow all these even without any proof

They prefer to believe in white lying scientists
I took this with my ordinary phone camera a few days ago before the conjunction. I’ve been following the event for the last one month.

OLODO. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Fucsheetup(f): 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
MichaelSokoto:

Oga telescopic eyes!

wen done sir!

oya gbe bodi eh
OLODO. It’s right befor your eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Fucsheetup(f): 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2020
Lawren76:

Dude no!! i saw it cos i have been observing some strange moving stars around kd so today i say two bright star with one directly infront of the other noting how strang it look i observed now i saw this nd i found out it was not stars bt jupiter nd saturn
You are right. I’ve been following this since this October. I have some pictures I took my with my smartphone. Mars has also been in sky all year.
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Ashley86400: 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
Fucsheetup:
You are right. I’ve been following this since this October. I have some pictures I took my with my smartphone. Mars has also been in sky all year.

Leave am, make e dey talk rubbish.
I've been following these four planets all year.
Jupiter and Saturn around 7-9pm n the evenings and Venus early in the morning around 6-7am. Mars has been out throughout this year. .this is also the closest it will be for the next 15 years.

You can't teach an ignorant person if he doesn't want to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Fucsheetup(f): 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
post=97334657:
Who witnessed this great thing yesterday?

We heard the last time it happened was before our darling Lord and Saviour JESUS CHRIST was born!!!
ME
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Fucsheetup(f): 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ashley86400:

Leave am, make e dey talk rubbish.
I've been following these four planets all year.
Jupiter and Saturn around 7-9pm n the evenings and Venus early in the morning around 6-7am. Mars has been out throughout this year. .this is also the closest it will be for the next 15 years.

You can't teach an ignorant person if he doesn't want to learn.
Being waiting for this conjunction all year too. Watched Jupiter and Saturn get closer and closer. The presence of these planets is an absolute honor; I can’t believe some people don’t understand.

1 Like

Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Mraphel: 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
Muhylonaire007:
Abegi...
We've been forsaken in Nigeria!
I stayed outside till 12am last night, looking for the brightest star (the 2 planets meeting) I didn't see shit.
You can only see them by 7:30 pm at the moment. I witnessed it
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2020
Fucsheetup:
The thing is like kd sky at night almost one in every blue moon something weird happens in the sky like he i saw a star moving first i taught it was a plane bt not colorful light and the speed it was traveling was quite fast
Re: Jupiter And Saturn's Rare Great Conjunction Captured Across The World (Photos) by Axel07: 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2020
In all honesty I saw the conjunction as at 7:22 pm on Monday.
I was so excited about seeing such wonder that from sunset I did not take my eyes off the sky.

I actually showed my cousins and one of em even wished for ASUU to call of the strike soonest.

P.S I know a lotta people won't believe but it's okay.
don't ask for pictures cause I didn't take any. it was more or less impossible to do so.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Baby Whale killed in a community in Delta State (photos) / What Is The Name Of This Insect Called / Robot Sophia: Meet The First Robot In History To Become A Citizen Of A Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.