Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? (309 Views)

Feeling Lost In Your Career, What You Need To Do Differently In Year 2024 / What Are You Doing Differently / List Of Things You Need To Differently If You Want More Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by Easyincome24: 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2020
Earlier this week, I posted a question in the investment thread that made the front page.

Here is the link to the post:[url]https://www.nairaland.com/6322685/what-investment-mistake-never-make
[/url]
From the comments received, so many people lamented about how this year was so unpleasant in all ramifications.

A lot lamented the mistakes they made in some ponzi schemes that looked like viable investments.

But there is a striking comment someone made which give rise to this thread.

Now, if given the chance to restart the year, what would you do differently?

Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by Brandonx(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nothing cool I achieved so much this year.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by Easyincome24: 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2020
Brandonx:
Nothing cool I achieved so much this year.
That's applaudable but you could achieve more if you were given the chance to restart the year.
Don't you think so?
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by Brandonx(m): 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
Easyincome24:

That's applaudable but you could achieve more if you were given the chance to restart the year.
Don't you think so?
I achieved a lot as a result of the lockdown, I was able to work on some projects and finally take a break I don't think I would have achieved all that if there wasn't a lockdown.
If I'm to restart the year (Tho I don't pray to) then there should be a lockdown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Get more spiritual.

Start a multidisciplinary education.

Buy bitcoin as soon as I got my inheritance....

But....

"...Life can only be lived forwards" ~ Soren Kierkegaard

I could ne dead if you were to restart the year. So?

Onwards, compatriots!

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:21am On Dec 23, 2020
The path I took to learn to code. Knowing what I know now If I had to start learning to code today. I would have gotten to a stage to get a very good job in six months. I followed the crowd and wasted like two months learning nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by Easyincome24: 8:55am On Dec 23, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
The path I took to learn to code. Knowing what I know now If I had to start learning to code today. I would have gotten to a stage to get a very good job in six months. I followed the crowd and wasted like two months learning nonsense.

I am more interested in your story. Can you explicitly narrate what went wrong, how you were able to retrace or detect the right way to coding and what you would have done differently?
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2020
Easyincome24:

I am more interested in your story. Can you explicitly narrate what went wrong, how you were able to retrace or detect the right way to coding and what you would have done differently?
The path I initially took was non profitable. It was saturated and useless. Funny enough I had mentors that were encouraging me on this path but as soon as I got done with the first half of my training and started job hunting I saw it was all shit. So I retraced my steps to what is unsexy and unpopular and I am glad I did that. If I was to start again with what I know now in February when I started I would learn the basics and then pick up a platform and master it. The basics can be done in 4 months depending on how dedicated you are. Use the remaining 3 months to master a platform of your choice and then sit for the certification exam. A seven figure salary job per month is absolutely nothing in some platforms.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by Easyincome24: 9:20am On Dec 23, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

The path I initially took was non profitable. It was saturated and useless. Funny enough I had mentors that were encouraging me on this path but as soon as I got done with the first half of my training and started job hunting I saw it was all shit. So I retraced my steps to what is unsexy and unpopular and I am glad I did that. If I was to start again with what I know now in February when I started I would learn the basics and then pick up a platform and master it. The basics can be done in 4 months depending on how dedicated you are. Use the remaining 3 months to master a platform of your choice and then sit for the certification exam. A seven figure salary job per month is absolutely nothing in some platforms.

All the same, thank God for life and ability to retrace your steps.

About the 7 figure salary, that is pretty cool. A secret you can share here for others to learn?
Re: What Would You Do Differently If You Had To Restart 2020? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Easyincome24:

All the same, thank God for life and ability to retrace your steps.

About the 7 figure salary, that is pretty cool. A secret you can share here for others to learn?
I have written about them several times. Check my posts. People should do their own research too and not swallow everything they are told hook line and sinker.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Working As A Freelance Writer With Scribesbay / 5 Things To Do When Going Through Financial Struggles - Written By Amechi Okoli / Get Real Followers, Likes And Views On Your Social Media Handles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.