Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case (50724 Views)

Don Davis: How I Was Sexual Abused In Deeper Life School By Senior Students / Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo / COZA: "If Girls Sexually Abused By Lecturers In IMSU Come Out...." - Leeroy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by iamyemiakins(m): 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
Iniobong Archibong, the father of Don Davis, a student of Deeper Life High School, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, who was allegedly molested by his seniors, has revealed that the school authorities told the family to withdraw the case.

A video made by one Deborah Okezie, Davis’ mother, made rounds on social media recently. In the video, she’d lamented and beckoned for help from Nigerians, to help her get justice for her son who had been molested by his senior students and starved consistently at the Uyo Campus of the school despite the full payment of school fees.

Judging from the things that were said in the video Mrs. Okezie made, she had gone to pick him up on Friday from the school and was the last person to pick up her child there.

However, upon seeing her child, she noticed that he was sick and was not being attended to. She also alleged that she noticed her son was not able to sit properly, which prompted her to check his buttocks.

From the look of his anus, Deborah said her son had been sexually molested. This was later confirmed by doctors at the hospital where Don Davis was taken. He was put on a drip at the hospital and is currently on the 12th one.

Don Davis claimed that his seniors in the school inserted their fingers into his anus.

Speaking with SaharaReporters, Archibong stated that the state Superintendent of the Church, Deeper Life Christian Ministry, had visited the hospital where the boy was being attended to alongside the principal of the school, Ndidi Solomon; chairman of the school’s medical forum and another prominent member of the school board.

He said, “They all came here yesterday. Before the superintendent arrived, the three of them came. They were on their knees begging us to withdraw the video from the Internet but I told them we had no control over that. It had gone viral already.”

Archibong stated that the State Superintendent of the church expressed shock over the feeding conditions of students in the school.

He said, “The superintendent said he approves N2.2 million every week for the feeding of the students and that he didn’t understand why this could have happened. He said the principal has to explain.”

The distraught father said rather than explain, the principal was begging on her knees.

“She apologised, stating that she was the one that caused the incident. She said when the boy’s mother (my wife) came on November 11, and talked about it, she promised to expel those children from school but never did.”

Archibong added that the Akwa Ibom State Government has set up a committee to investigate the matter.

“The Commissioner for Education and some other state government officials were here with us this morning in the hospital. Members of the investigation committee are going to the school."

“The issue does not have to do with my child alone, what about other children that are being abused?”

The father said he was sure that justice would be served on the issue.

“These things should not continue; brutality and bullying should stop in our schools,” he said.

He said the case had been reported to the police and that a meeting had been scheduled for Monday afternoon with the Deputy Commissioner of Police in the state.
http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/21/deeper-life-school-management-begs-us-withdraw-case-%E2%80%93-parents-sexually-assaulted-student

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by iamyemiakins(m): 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
Before deciding to put your child(ren) in a boarding school, one thing you should know is that:

Boarding school is divided into two.

The junior students(slaves), while the senior students and teachers (colonial masters).

If you can survive boarding school like I did, you can survive hell fire.

275 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Olude193: 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2020
Since November 11 ke

6 Likes

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Twelfthman: 7:22am On Dec 23, 2020
Nowadays boarding schools breed Gays & Lesbians. They enter the society and covert more to their abominable coven

187 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Buharidgeneral: 7:26am On Dec 23, 2020
Deeper life fa

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by TANID(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2020
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by bigjackass: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2020
They must not withdraw the case. Let this serve as an example to bullies and their indifferent schools. Some parents even know their kids are animals but they don't care. This nonsense must stop

136 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Judybash93(m): 8:52am On Dec 23, 2020
They shouldn't withdraw the case. Our children are the leaders of tomorrow. There's a need to take good care of them in order to ensure that their physical and mental health are at par with what society needs. If issues like this persists, a number of children might end up broken.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Karleb(m): 9:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Imagine this rubbish!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by HerMajestyCares(f): 9:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Oh I forgot to read about this story shocked

BUT WITH THE LITTLE I READ NOW,

I AM SO ANGRY WITH THAT EVIL SCHOOL, angry angry

You mean the school is owned by a church? angry

THEY MUST EXPEL THOSE STUDENTS, angry

EVIL CHILDREN FROM THE PIT OF HELL angry

Whoever the general oversea is should LET JUSTICE PREVAIL.

I FEEL PITY FOR THE CHILD,I pray he gets justice and I know he will.

I thank Jesus for wealth and life. cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by ACRI: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
This is what happens at every strata of the Nigerian society

This boy could have died.

That school should ve closed down and the boys(abusers) not only expelled, blacklisted but also registered in a juvenile delinquency home.

But unfortunately this is Nigeria.

Shame on that school, the owners should be ashamed too. This is deeper life with extreme doctrine and this is happening there. We are a pathetic religious country walahi. A lot of boys and girls are being damaged every school term in rubbish and pathetic schools like this but all the government know is arresting Seun Kuti

Bastards everywhere

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
Deeper Life!

The "Holier than thou church" harbors sexual abusers and predators.

I never knew that the meaning of "Deeper" meant molesting a young boy by probing your toes deeper into his anus after series of beating and starvation!

The parents shouldn't withdraw the case!

Breeze don blow and now we don see fowl nyash

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
However, upon seeing her child, she noticed that he was sick and was not being attended to. She also alleged that she noticed her son was not able to sit properly, which prompted her to check his buttocks.

From the look of his anus, Deborah said her son had been sexually molested. This was later confirmed by doctors at the hospital where Don Davis was taken. He was put on a drip at the hospital and is currently on the 12th one.

Don Davis claimed that his seniors in the school inserted their fingers into his anus.
What a dastardly act!
All students, teachers, management involved in this cruel act must face the music.
Heads must have started rolling already if this happened in a sane society, while some people must already be under arrest.
The School just brought discredit to the name of one of the genuine Men of God we have in this nation.
#JusticeForDonDavis

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by sodiqapril(m): 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
They are not begging them they are threatening them the already kicked them out of the official WhatsApp groups while sending broadcast messages to other parents that Jesus will exonerate them from lies...asides politics the religious institution is most corrupt in this country

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by jefff455: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
wink
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
Boarding schools are still problematic but in my days as a boarding student - IT WAS WORSE THAN HELL - we survived

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by fergusen: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
I hope a proper investigation is carried out and those found culpable in this mess punished. undecided

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Simplebeauty: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
grin
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Zico5(m): 9:24am On Dec 23, 2020
We take religion too much in this country to the extent of neglecting the basic things. The worst does happen in these faith based institution because the victims think they are safe and in good hands. I'm not trying to cast aspersions, personality and morality is in individual not religion. If u have worked under a deeper life member u will know that many of them just carry religion on head, their hearts are bleak and dark. At times they lack human manner making u to wonder if truly they serve God. May God help us, perfection is in no man. Only God is supreme.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by jawalis(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
I’m not a deeper life church member but pls let’s leave the church out of this. Sexual immoralities happens everywhere, even in the day schools, private own schools and even government schools. So deeper life school isn’t an exemption of what the society breeds. They can only try their best to curb it. Let’s not use the medium to say bad words to the church.
I was a boarding student through my secondary education and I can testify to the fact that poor nutrition is very certain in any boarding school. Trust me, if you can’t withstand it: Better quit. When I got home in my first term JSS 1 break, my mother almost wept seeing me so lean and looking really exhausted. But damn, I became smarter and she said it to me like; you are now very smart unlike when you were home. Boarding house can never feed children like it’s their home. Parent should know, from the stress of waking up by 4:30am for morning prayer, doing different morning devotions, running from one senior to another. Many times, you’ll miss your meal in the dinning hall because the smartest student will take it. And so if you can’t fend for yourself. Better stay back.
I don’t support gay though. It’s becoming the trend in our secondary schools these days.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Nor gree for them o carry them go court o,they must die by fire
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by DisLifeSha: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
J
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by illicit(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Why beg
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Deicide: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Rubbish they only care about their reputation

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
H
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Na wao just imagine d kind story coming frm a deeper life sch
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Easybela(f): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
undecided boarding school is not for my kids

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by MyGeneration(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Support Nigeria Niger republic unity now
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by osamz007: 9:26am On Dec 23, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Student Unknowingly Passes Night With Snake On Her Bed In Delta State (Video) / Soldiers Invade UNIBEN At Night, Destroy Vehicles, Injure Many (Photos) / African Sex Story [story] Taxi Driver Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.