Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium (13655 Views)

Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period / President Jonathan Inspected The Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line (photos) / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by LFJ: 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2011
The Nigerian soccer team, Super Eagles, beat the Walya Antelopes of Ethiopia 4 goals to 0 at the Abuja national stadium on Sunday evening.

CPC candidate, Muhammad Buhari watched the match seated in the stadium. Two eagles players, Peter Utaka and Ikechukwu Uche scored two goals each to cement Nigeria's soccer superiority over the Ethiopians at the African Nation's Cup qualifier series.

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by EnuguUkwu: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2011
so?

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 27, 2011
This is the real humility, sitting on the popular stand.
Anyway the lesson from that match for me was that with good leadership things will work. The super eagles worked better than they have in a long while, some months aago we would have been struggling to score just one go the end we will be praying for our opponents to loose thier matches so we can qualify. Siasia has had the eagles for only  months and the difference is clear. Who can remember the last time we scored even 2-0 against an opponent.
We need good leaders
A good leader does not take forever to produce great result

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by mamagee3(f): 11:16pm On Mar 27, 2011
[size=52pt]What's the big deal?[/size]
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by KDULAR: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2011
Being at the popular seat! you dig?
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Abagworo(m): 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2011
Was GEJ there?
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by ektbear: 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2011
Must have been pretty close to take those pics. . .
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Gayigaskia(m): 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2011
Abagworo:

Was GEJ there?

I don't think the useless man was there grin grin
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by VUVUZELA10: 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2011
The big deal is that that the man BUHARI is humble, honest, focused, result oriented and transparent.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Physicist(m): 11:43pm On Mar 27, 2011
The fact that Buhari seated at the popular seat showed his humility. He is probably the only Nigerian former President or Head of States that can sit in a popular seat at Abuja stadium or any other big stadium in Nigeria without being harassed.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by sbeezy8: 11:45pm On Mar 27, 2011
buhari must love that outfit hahaha jk
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Eziachi: 11:46pm On Mar 27, 2011
Abagworo:

Was GEJ there?
No he was't there. The plastic seat at the stadium will be too hash for his soft bottom, as he is used to sitting on padded uphostery chairs in his 5 Aircraft Jets, Bullet Proof SUVs and Executive Mansion Offices.
Buhari get some tough bony yarsh, not even a rubber seat will trouble him.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by biggtonny: 11:46pm On Mar 27, 2011
talakawa + amajiri = BUHARI.  Popular stand my ass, mshwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by lagoshost(m): 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2011
He has enough time to watch this, That is very good.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Gayigaskia(m): 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2011
See how Obafemi Martins was happy to see his future leader

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by AljUche: 11:53pm On Mar 27, 2011
Eziachi:

No he was't there. T[b]he plastic seat at the stadium will be too hash for his soft bottom, as he is use to sitting on padded uphostery chairs in his 5 jets, bullet proof SUVs and executive mansion offices.[/b]
Buhari get some tough bony yarsh, not even a rubber seat will trouble him.

gbammmm

buhari is an humble man president
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Eziachi: 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2011
mama-gee:

[size=52pt]What's the big deal?[/size]
The big deal my friend is that the man is telling you that he is comfortable sitting in among common people as he got nothing to hide or to make him afraid of ordinary people.

How many past governors, let alone former heads of state will have the gut to go and mingle with ordinary folks and they are sitting, joking and laughing with him and even taking his picture? 99% will be lynched by just showing their faces in the public.

I think that this Odumakin guy is a PR genius. This picture of Buhari with the masses in an open stadium, in the low cost section of the stadium, watching a game and relaxed in his own skin is the biggest PR winner of this campaign.

Whoever thought out this must be a PR genius

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by 9ijaMan: 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2011
Very interesting to note that he sat amongst the regular Nigerians in the popular side of the stadium. How many Nigerian leaders past and present can do just that? Buhari is even beating GEJ in his home turf. I though GEJ was supposed to be the humble one!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by EzeUche(m): 11:58pm On Mar 27, 2011
This is very good for publicity I must say. Buhari wants to be seen as a regular Nigeria in one with the people.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by AljUche: 11:59pm On Mar 27, 2011
EzeUche:

This is very good for publicity I must say. Buhari wants to be seen as a regular Nigeria in one with the people.

you are back grin grin grin

nice cool
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by 9ijaMan: 12:01am On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

Obviously you do not know the man at all. Buhari is indeed a regular Nigerian. If he were the haughty type, he'll be living in opulence and moving around with myriads of security details. You may not like the man 'cos of your bias for your benefactor GEJ, but the fact remains that he's shown he's more humble than GEJ.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by EzeUche(m): 12:04am On Mar 28, 2011
9ijaMan:

Obviously you do not know the man at all. Buhari is indeed a regular Nigerian. If he were the haughty type, he'll be living in opulence and moving around with myriads of security details. You may not like the man 'cos of your bias for your benefactor GEJ, but the fact remains that he's shown he's more humble than GEJ.

To be honest, my support for GEJ is due to the fact that I want to see a South-South minority to win the presidency. If he wins, I hope he can help improve the region, because he is actually from the region. Especially dealing with the constant gas flares that continue to plague the Niger Delta.

Buhari may be one with the people, but I do not like his past and I refuse to support anyone who was a past military head of state. That is my personal preference.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by henry101(m): 12:14am On Mar 28, 2011
I think there's nothing special about it because if He's the president he wont have time to watch matches. The best He's going to do is visit the eagle's camp.
It's election time and everybody is trying to have the majority of the people.
Didn't Obasanjo as ugly as He is walk into so many parks when He was president, It didnt stop Nigerians from disliking him.
Obama did it.
This is no humulity but strategy to win.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by desholah(m): 12:16am On Mar 28, 2011
OP.
SO what msg is this givin? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by iluvnaija: 12:19am On Mar 28, 2011
ALL NIGERIAN POLITICIAN WANT TO BE NOTICED IN GARTHERING LIKE THIS UNLESS FOR THIS HUMBLE AND NICE MAN. IF U NO RULE NIGERIA, LIBYA MIDDLE EAST UNREST NA SMALL THING. NIGERIA GO CATCH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 28, 2011
Last time Goodluck went to watch a match at the staduim we lost. The finals of the under 17 world cup, the win was within our reach and we lost by an unlucky 1 goal
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by pj5(f): 12:23am On Mar 28, 2011
Ha Aisha2! "Unlucky" one goal really got me laughing!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by 9ijaMan: 12:24am On Mar 28, 2011
^^^More like 'badluck' 1 goal!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by iluvnaija: 12:24am On Mar 28, 2011
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKE JACK A DULL BOY. EVEN OBAMA WATCH MATCHES IF HE LIKES. WHERE MOST NIGERIAN PRESIDENTS SPEND THEIR TIME IN YOU'LL BE AMAZED IF U ARE TOLD.

THIS PICTURE IS REALLY SPECIAL BECAUSE HOW MANY PAST AND PRESENT NIGERIAN PRESIDENT WOULD SIT ON POPULAR SIDE WITHOUT BEING NOTICED?

BUHARI ALONE!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by stuffs4me(m): 12:29am On Mar 28, 2011
Buhari is a hypocrite and this is a cheap trick he wants to use to win elections. has he been visiting any stadium in Nigeria before election time? did he sit in the popular side when he was a military dictator?

Abeg can anybody show us a picture of Buhari as a military dictator sisting in the popular side?, until then let everyone wake up and see this hypocrite for what he truly is.

Nigerians are just too gullible

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by honeric01(m): 12:32am On Mar 28, 2011
Show me any past or present president, governor or head of state that has done this before.

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by seedord247(m): 12:32am On Mar 28, 2011
honeric01:

Show me any past or present president, governor or head of state that has done this before.

check yur stout book of record

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bashir Magashi Pledges Support For Military Widows Of 1992 Planes Crash / Buhari Cancels Restoration Of INTELS' Pilotage Contract / Most Of Tinubu’s Appointments Favour Southwest Region - HURIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.