Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters (7599 Views)

Senate Moves To Cut Cement Prices / Edo: Inauguration Of PDP National Campaign Council For Edo Election (Photos) / Senate Moves To Unbundle Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by agwom(m): 6:58am On Dec 23, 2020
The Senate has commenced a legislative work to enact a law that would legalise the activities of various hunter groups in Nigeria.

The bill, titled “The Nigerian Hunter’s Council of Nigeria Bill, 2020 (SB. 477), was sponsored by Senator Biodun Olujimi (PDP, Ekiti).

The proposed legislation, which has passed second reading in the Senate would put to rest the notion that the groups lacked the constitutional powers to operate.

Olujimi told journalists on Tuesday that the law when enacted would also empower the hunters to provide community policing, maintain law and order and offer community service to Nigerians.

https://dailytrust.com/senate-moves-to-establish-council-for-hunters

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 23, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Olujimi told journalists on Tuesday that the law when enacted would also empower the hunters to provide community policing, maintain law and order and offer community service to Nigerians

First, who is a hunter? How does searching for something like meat colorate with doing the above? Ok for instance me a hunter, with hunger looking for meat and you are saying I should police my area on what ground? undecided

I just don't understand how those people think before agreeing to execute something.

Nigeria my country, a country where priority are traded for invade things.

16 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Rapture2021: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2020
Well we will keep praying these guys in authority make good laws that will make us lead a peaceable and quiet life.

Don't forget Jesus is coming soon.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:01am On Dec 23, 2020
ESN is our hunter

8 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by 4ckyou: 7:10am On Dec 23, 2020
grin
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Afmgick: 7:24am On Dec 23, 2020
What a country
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Fheelzz(m): 7:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Mumu people Wetin dem suppose don do before we neglect ours focusing on others
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Okuda(m): 7:25am On Dec 23, 2020
anything to keep people in poverty is welcomed by senate

5 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Janiobi(m): 7:25am On Dec 23, 2020
another idea to destroy ( smuggle ) nigeria hard earned money. RIP house of rep
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by bolaayenimo: 7:26am On Dec 23, 2020
Wtf. Is that not misplaced priority

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:26am On Dec 23, 2020
Olujimi told journalists on Tuesday that the law when enacted would also empower the hunters to provide community policing, maintain law and order and offer community service to Nigerians.
This may be a welcome development as long as they don't let some power get into their heads and start doing 'anyhow' when they are fully legalized.
Like raping people's wives and maiming their fellow villagers that they are not in par with.
We have seen countless of this in time past.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by complexBoss12: 7:27am On Dec 23, 2020
The problem is that there is always a hidden evil agenda to whatever this people decide to do. we will still find out!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 23, 2020
J
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Zchi1052(m): 7:27am On Dec 23, 2020
Interesting...this is good news
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by TriCee: 7:28am On Dec 23, 2020
Just make sure Miyetti people no head the council, then we're good.
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by internationalman(m): 7:28am On Dec 23, 2020
They won't enact law to reduce their outrageous salaries...

Fools

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Mide3367: 7:29am On Dec 23, 2020
Good idea to me. They know the terrains
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by slowice(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2020
This government is confuse... Making too many useless and ineffective laws whilst giving zero attention to laws and policies that re capable of reducing corruption and bringing needed development

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2020
Gatherers of hunters as if they haven't been hunting us all this while

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by RESTMOUTH99(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2020
G
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by samzyini(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2020
that would be nice because poaching(illegal killing of animal) would be reduced in the country,which helps to reserve our wild life
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2020
agwom:

https://dailytrust.com/senate-moves-to-establish-council-for-hunters

Please, they should not bastardize that noble profession called hunting.

In the first place, it is already an abnormality that hunters are being forced into policing due to the inadequacies of the NPF.

Let hunters remain hunters and let policemen remain policemen.

If you want to set up community police units, then you know the right way to go about it.

A hunter has a totally different OT from a regular policeman.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2020
Afmgick:
What a country
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by hgnbello(m): 7:39am On Dec 23, 2020
This Would Have Be A Nice Idea, If Nt Dat Dis Country Everything Is Politics.
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by NobleRace: 7:40am On Dec 23, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

First, who is a hunter? How does searching for something like meat colorate with doing the above? Ok for instance me a hunter, with hunger looking for meat and you are saying I should police my area on what ground? undecided

I just don't understand how those people think before agreeing to execute something.

Nigeria my country, a country where priority are traded for invade things.

They're not just hunters. They're also usually on employment as night guards for most communities. They're also called Vigilantes.

I think they should have referred to the term Vigilantes instead of Hunters in this legislation.

This is good because, these vigilantes often run into problems with police whenever they shoot a fleeing criminal. The police usually charge them for being unlawful possessors of firearms.
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by BHUHARiE: 7:40am On Dec 23, 2020
GOOD MOVE. LET THE HUNTERS BECOME HUNTED
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Akfrenzy(m): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2020
grin Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by BRATISLAVA: 7:45am On Dec 23, 2020
NobleRace:

They're not just hunters. They're also usually on employment as night guards for most communities. They're also called Vigilantes.

I think they should have referred to the term Vigilantes instead of Hunters in this legislation.

This is good because, these vigilantes often run into problems with police whenever they shoot a fleeing criminal. The police usually charge for being unlawful possessors of firearms.

The Nigerian state is complex.

If they saw they shot a criminal, why are they not happy that the vigilante did their jobs for them? Always looking for a way to extort.

Perhaps most bandits would be eliminated if vigilante were allowed to act to save their homes and communities.

But don't be surprised the senators want to sponsor insurrection on grounds of an elaborate hunters council.

Nothing is straightforward with these people.
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by kambili999(f): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2020
Omg. What kind of misplaced priority is this
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by NobleRace: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

The Nigerian state is complex.

If they saw they shot a criminal, why are they not happy that the vigilante did their jobs for them? Always looking for a way to extort.

Perhaps most bandits would be eliminated if vigilante were allowed to act to save their homes and communities.

But don't be surprised the senators want to sponsor insurrection on grounds of an elaborate hunters council.

Nothing is straightforward with these people.

You're correct
Re: Senate Moves To Establish Council For Hunters by Opexzy: 7:48am On Dec 23, 2020

Okay, let's see how this goes...
The Nigerian structure has a way of corrupting every system. Without a change in structure we will just continue to run in a circle..

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Two People Will Be The First To Be Fired If Tinubu Becomes President / Presidential Election Won’t Determine Winner Of Imo Gov Poll – Uzodimma (Video) / FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.