Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) (12020 Views)

Sonia Morales: Why I Can’t Date A Broke Man / Burna Boy Celebrates His Grammy Nomination With His Mother And Team / Sonia Lareinaa Lists Things More Painful Than Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by GLeesMODEL(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2020
On thursday, 3rd December 202o, ECOSMART⅘ INITIATIVE was officially launched by its founder, miss Sonia Somuvie and her team at the Immaculate Hotel and apartments in abuja.

The Ecosmart initiative is a Climate Change Advocacy organisation with a sole vision of 'combating global warming' by taking urgent actions to combat climate change and its impacts in line with the Sustainable Development Goal 13 in Nigeria. Following their previous project on the 22nd of February 2020 where they organized the clean up of the Jabi lake and was joined by the fisher men community in Jabi to rid the lake of over 200 bags of pet plastic trash and a tree planting project in Mpape where they landscaped the primary school and crush rock on their CLEAN AIR (#i_air_vest) campaign with over 100 plants and support by the mpape community and love fm radio on the 29th of August, 2020, the founder and her team officially announced their organisation's vision and plans for 2021 during the launching event.
They plan to rid the environment of over 1 ton of plastic waste and plant at least 1, 200 trees amongst other sensitisation and community projects in the 2021.

During the opening speech, the founder admonished guests to be a part of the project by signing up as volunteers, sponsoring trees and clean up projects, by partnering with then, by referring like minds to be a part of the team and also by opening up their private organisations to them for awareness campaigs and sensitisation programmes. The call to action is to combat climate change by investing on trees, reduce carbon and encourage a cleaner environment. She urged physical and online guests to be more responsible for their environment by practising better hygiene outside their homes and avoid indiscriminate disposal of waste in public places.

The team members of the organisation was present, dignitaries and special guests of like minds as well as children representatives from the Destined Orphanage Home was present also. As a closing remark, miss Sonia Somuvie urged people present to sponsor trees and be self advocates for a cleaner, greener environment, just as she is calling you today to become a volunteer.

With your extra care and hands the environment can become a safee place for us and for the next generation. She thanked her very encouraging team members and guests as the event came to a close with a soft refreshment.
Ecosmart Initiative...we are pro cleaner, greener environment!!
https://www.abujapress.com/2020/12/abuja-based-environmentalist-sonia.html?m=1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by GLeesMODEL(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2020
More

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by GLeesMODEL(m): 7:18am On Dec 23, 2020
Continue

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by longetivity(m): 7:58am On Dec 23, 2020
This is Nice

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:10am On Dec 23, 2020
undecided
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by HonKong: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2020
I love to see smart young ladies successful, not all these broke ass gold diggers with entitlement mentality who always need 2k urgently.

10 Likes

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Yodexy: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Smart able bodied women always give me pride to read about. The guy above me Sha grin what's with you and this girls needing 2k?

2 Likes

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by ATEAMS: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2020
All the best dear

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by duullie88(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2020
HonKong:
I love to see smart young ladies successful, not all these broke ass gold diggers with entitlement mentality who always need 2k urgently.

grin

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by AFULA(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2020
okay
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2020
Which kind trousers those guys wear... Which kind wahala bdis na

2 Likes

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by TANID(m): 10:33am On Dec 23, 2020
Good To Hear
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:33am On Dec 23, 2020
Cool. That urgent 2k guy sha.
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 10:34am On Dec 23, 2020
Wich kind mumu trousers those guys wear bikonu angry
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Naijaarchive(m): 10:37am On Dec 23, 2020
The clothes some pple wear just to follow the trend enh...... Nice concept tho.. Nigeria really need this
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by meobizy(f): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2020
The title alone screamed AlexReports. I opened the thread and wasn’t disappointed. Who is funding these women? I know very well it wasn’t her personal cash. I’m happy for Alex hitting the front page every other day here. He’s doing well.

4 Likes

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Ikpeohiri(m): 10:48am On Dec 23, 2020
This is a welcome development. please, the Tree Planting should be taken to most Federal Housing settlement where half-a-plot is allocated for a giant building without a little space to plant even one tree. Educate Nigerians on the need to have trees around our homes. cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Omezif(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2020
Their eyes are now open besides lagos Should follow because their own enviromental unhygienic is the worst in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by toscolee(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Are they in Lagos?
I am tired of seeing empty spaces where the should be trees or flowers, and all manner of wastes on our shorelines.
I will like to volunteer if they are in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Pabloicardi: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2020
meobizy:
The title alone screamed AlexReports. I opened the thread and wasn’t disappointed. Who is funding these women? I know very well it wasn’t her personal cash. I’m happy for Alex hitting the front page every other day here. He’s doing well.
Is your father idiot, you think everyone is like you.
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by davodyguy: 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
Alex the image maker

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by davodyguy: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
meobizy:

Alex the hype man
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by Simplebeauty: 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
grin
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by frog12: 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
why can't these PEOPLE take this INITIATIVE to LAGOS and clean the dirty GUTTERS!!!

you see they want HIDE in abuja because it is neat!

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by SoniaSomuvie(f): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
meobizy:
My dear, it's from my pocket and donations from team members and volunteer. I'd like you to come on board since you are worried about us and help us on your strategies to raise funds and get more trees on the streets and plastics off the street

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by SoniaSomuvie(f): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
frog12:
why can't these PEOPLE take this INITIATIVE to LAGOS and clean the dirty GUTTERS!!!

you see they want HIDE in abuja because it is neat!
Its nation wide and we will expand to other African countries. If we can work with you to organise a clean up we would hit the streets of lagos ASAP....

1 Like

Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by SoniaSomuvie(f): 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
toscolee:
Are they in Lagos?
I am tired of seeing empty spaces where the should be trees or flowers, and all manner of wastes on our shorelines.
I will like to volunteer if they are in Lagos.
I live in Abuja and mostnof my team members, if we can get kn touch we will work something out and I'd be in lagos by January woth other team members free at the time.
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by SoniaSomuvie(f): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
Omezif:
Their eyes are now open besides lagos Should follow because their own enviromental unhygienic is the worst in nigeria.
I live and work here...but we have plans for other states. Not open eye my dear. You don't expect us to relocate when we can go there, get passionate people as yourself together and work.
Re: Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) by SoniaSomuvie(f): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ikpeohiri:
This is a welcome development. please, the Tree Planting should be taken to most Federal Housing settlement where half-a-plot is allocated for a giant building without a little space to plant even one tree. Educate Nigerians on the need to have trees around our homes. cheers!
Thanks forbthe observation. We need governmental clearance to unbalance their personal project plan. We can be sued for plantimg without permission hence we carry out sensitisation programmes for people living there to plant indoors and grow a garden kn theor backyards not permanent trees that would extend their roots to their foundations comsidering there is no space. And mpape needed those trees more urgently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Empowers 500,000 Nigerians, Government Keen On Digital Economy / Having Troubles With An Airtel 4g-mifi / How Can I Earn From Vistalog? Legit Money Making Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.