Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Sad Truths About Living Abroad - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sad Truths About Living Abroad (80245 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / Some Tips About Living In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by kikuyu1(m): 2:07pm On May 11, 2021
generationz:

So George Lucas (star wars billionaire) Eve's husband (Maximillion Cooper), Rihanna's Ex, Janet Jacskons Ex are all losers? All these men are billionaires married to or have dated high quality black women.

Stop the hate. All the Youtube interracial couples I follow (black women/white men) have working good looking husbands. Black women who marry outside never settle for less. They have standards and with such standards they are ready to pick any man from any race (black, white, whatever) as long as he meets their standards.

Stop the hate on black women.

Most African American men who marry white women either pick the bottom of the barrel groupies or marry the one's white men term 2's and 4's.

Idk how I found myself here reading all this ISHYT but HAHAHA!? Whatever you chose to believe as long as it works.....
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by kikuyu1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
milehigh06:

this I do disagree with to a certain point...recently drove from Denver to Newjersey going through upstate NY and the turnpike, stopped in mass, Vermont and a few other states, and the level of poverty in the back woods will tell you a lot about rural America..the level of ignorance and crime if also crazy although, nothing comes close to Chicago and the funny thing is that, Chicago is more mixed than people think it is

Ten likes! Sorry for the late reply. Google Appalachian poverty: make sure you're seated!
Shocking, living in Africa relying on CNN. Over 90% white suffering multi generational poverty like Africans. Meth and opiods have made it worse. My younger sis had a classmate from the Virginia Appalachians who said he wore his elder sister's dresses they couldn't afford his own clothing. Also illegal whisky, what they call moonshine is big biz in those remote rural areas.
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
kikuyu1:

Ten likes! Sorry for the late reply. Google Appalachian poverty: make sure you're seated!
Shocking, living in Africa relying on CNN. Over 90% white suffering multi generational poverty like Africans. Meth and opiods have made it worse. My younger sis had a classmate from the Virginia Appalachians who said he wore his elder sister's dresses they couldn't afford his own clothing. Also illegal whisky, what they call moonshine is big biz in those remote rural areas.

Drove through the Appalachian territory a couple of years ago and it's an eye sore...and yea Virginia is a meth lab and funny though I know how to make moonshine
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by BlackSan: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
ednut1:
I like the silence - nothing concerns me with another man business grin. For the dating part blame some black women, they are usually rigid, still carry 9ja mentality about. Dont blame the guys going for other races or nationalities. I think those abroad should stop complaining as many here are seeing it as bad belle. You knew most of these things before going and you have refused to come back to Nigeria too. So make una just keep shut and enjoy your lives.

At the end of the page, she did say she still prefer abroad to her living condition in Nigeria. It's not like she's complaining, just stating her observation.
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Midex88(m): 6:22am On Jun 15, 2022
Hmmmn

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by kikuyu1(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2022
Jakumo:
I agree with the OP that black women in Europe and the USA can be perilous to date. Those in the USA are by far the most damaged by systemic racism, which predisposes them to explosive outbursts of anger that can trigger violence.

If you reside in America, avoid black American women like the plague. They are NOT at all similar to Nigerian or African women. Black American women cuss and swear like drunken sailors constantly, and they will knife or shoot their man without hesitation, even in the absence of any provocation.

Date white, Mexican or Oriental women, if you can woo them, but if you cannot, then you are far better off ALONE, than risking your life dating a black American woman, 90% of whom are grossly overweight and ugly looking anyway, as a result of eating junk food, avoiding all exercise, and instead lavishing what little welfare money they get, on ridiculous, garish colored and elaborate hair styles from hell.

IDK why I'm seeing this now! I know you've seen what you've seen and know what you know but OUCHHHH!?
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Midex88(m): 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
madridsta007:

It is a dog-eat-dog society for the Blacks in the West.
Eaten by their fellow Blacks.

My advice to Nigerians who go abroad is: As much as possible, live a quiet, non-flashy, very simple life. Avoiding your fellow Nigerians is practically impossible. So do not live a flashy, loud life; do not throw your success in their face; do not attend every party and event you go to. Be "controversial". Do not form or join a click. This is hard as this is so unNigerian, but this will get you out of a lot of trouble. Blacks, especially Nigerians, can be so jealous and wouldnt fail to set you up if they have the chance.

Words

3 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Lustre23: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
Oh ok
Planning on moving soon and I came across this thread(or should I say i looked for it �)
I appreciate everyone who dropped their opinions (and those that were fighting too lol) I learnt a thing or two

1 Like

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 25, 2023
ednut1:
I like the silence - nothing concerns me with another man business grin. For the dating part blame some black women, they are usually rigid, still carry 9ja mentality about. Dont blame the guys going for other races or nationalities. I think those abroad should stop complaining as many here are seeing it as bad belle. You knew most of these things before going and you have refused to come back to Nigeria too. So make una just keep shut and enjoy your lives.

If you made this comment in 2020, when, then, did you relocate to Canada??
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

I doubt this. Many province in Canada is bubbling.. U can only say some.

Is this ignorance? Canada is bubbling Where's the most boring place on Earth if not Canada?
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by ednut1(m): 12:30pm On Mar 25, 2023
Uglyman029:

If you made this comment in 2020, when, then, did you relocate to Canada??
mid 2020. Lived in uk for 3 years too some years ago 🙄
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2023
ednut1:
mid 2020. Lived in uk for 3 years too some years ago 🙄

After you left UK, you return to Nigeria , then after some times you left for Canada?
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:

Just negodu yourself. Canada the most boring place on earth? Just be displaying your ignorance publicly yet calling someone else ignorant. Dey play.

Lol. Question is do you even have passport? Beats my imagination what y'all think about these western countries when you've not even been there
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by marylandcakes: 3:54am On Jun 02, 2023
Jakumo:
I agree with the OP that black women in Europe and the USA can be perilous to date. Those in the USA are by far the most damaged by systemic racism, which predisposes them to explosive outbursts of anger that can trigger violence.

If you reside in America, avoid black American women like the plague. They are NOT at all similar to Nigerian or African women. Black American women cuss and swear like drunken sailors constantly, and they will knife or shoot their man without hesitation, even in the absence of any provocation.

Date white, Mexican or Oriental women, if you can woo them, but if you cannot, then you are far better off ALONE, than risking your life dating a black American woman, 90% of whom are grossly overweight and ugly looking anyway, as a result of eating junk food, avoiding all exercise, and instead lavishing what little welfare money they get, on ridiculous, garish colored and elaborate hair styles from hell.

You had a bad experience with a few junkies and you are tarring all black American women with the same brush? Very sad

2 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by Jakumo(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2023
marylandcakes:

You had a bad experience with a few junkies and you are tarring all black American women with the same brush? Very sad

I have sounded my warning that is based on extensive experience steeped in this particular subject, but all the same, anyone who wishes to ascertain whether any part of my comment is inaccurate or exaggerated is free to do so at their own mortal risk.

Once again, I state, as a matter of sobering verifiable fact, that black American women are NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, safe to date or befriend by ANYONE from ANYWHERE. They are ALL, without one solitary exception, ticking time bombs rigged up with volatile, extremely short fuses.

2 Likes

Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by mctowel01: 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2023

I have a colleague who has been bugging em to come to their useless RCCG church to find a Nigerian girl to get married to..after reading so many stories...I am, good
lol, as if you lived my life
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by grandstar(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
TheCongo2:

With this mindset, you wouldn't treat black people fairly. You will feel threatened by the presence of other black.

You are most likely to accept the management or leadership of a white person and vehemently denied that of a black person.

You are the type of black in workplace who would look at others black as competitors instead of allies. You are part of he problem black people face.

Can you tell me more about your job? Have you ever worked in a white majority environment where you have to complete for positions with white people?

If you think that racial discrimination isn't a big issue to black in corporate America, then I am wondering if we are referring to the same corporate world. Please tell me more about your job . What do you do for living?

Do you live or have lived in America before?
Re: Sad Truths About Living Abroad by IbeOkehie: 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2023
Jakumo:

I have sounded my warning that is based on extensive experience steeped in this particular subject, but all the same, anyone who wishes to ascertain whether any part of my comment is inaccurate or exaggerated is free to do so at their own mortal risk.

Once again, I state, as a matter of sobering verifiable fact, that black American women are NOT, by any stretch of the imagination, safe to date or befriend by ANYONE from ANYWHERE. They are ALL, without one solitary exception, ticking time bombs rigged up with volatile, extremely short fuses.

Your experience is limited and I wonder why.

I attended Hampton University in the USA. It's a Black owned and Black majority University in Virginia. Go look it up, that's all I have to say to you.

Good Luck with all that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.