Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? (733 Views)

Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape / How Much Does It Cost To Bring Car From North. / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by naijadrivablog: 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
An acquaintance wants to buy a Naija used car from a private seller in Edo and he is to take it to Abuja.

Is it advisable for him to drive the said car to his destination as the paper has expired?
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by Kosoco(m): 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
Stolen Car

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by OkoroPeugeot(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
Renewal costs next to nothing
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2020
naijadrivablog:
An acquaintance wants to buy a Naija used car from a private seller in Ogun and he is to take it to Abuja.

Is it advisable for him to drive the said car to his destination as the paper has expired?
as for me i think its better to renew the vehicle registration as well as other documents then use the car like that for close to a year or change all documents to his name if he is buoyant so as to avoid issues on the way because those police go use am chop for road oooooo also let him confirm the custom paper if the car is still recent because customs are not smiling at all.
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by naijadrivablog: 8:30am On Dec 26, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
as for me i think its better to renew the vehicle registration as well as other documents then use the car like that for close to a year or change all documents to his name if he is buoyant so as to avoid issues on the way because those police go use am chop for road oooooo also let him confirm the custom paper if the car is still recent because customs are not smiling at all.

What if he gets a "cover note" from VIO(Abuja) so as to enable him take the car?

Cc: pattybf osprewin, gazzuzz, nurey
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by naijadrivablog: 8:30am On Dec 26, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:

What if he gets a "cover note" from VIO(Abuja) so as to enable him take the car?

As for Customs, the car is a 2002 Solara, so, no need for custom papers.
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by naijadrivablog: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2020
Kosoco:
Stolen Car

How? From Benin?
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by pattybf(f): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
naijadrivablog:

There is no such thing as cover note for expired documents.

Simply renew, that's all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2020
please let him Renew the papers before travelling to Abuja.I made that mistake of buying a car from Abuja without renewing the papers,I was taking the car to Edo,money wey I spend for road for dey enough to renew the papers.pls let him renew, Naija police go use you do Christmas bonanza
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by ospreywin(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2020
It is advisable to renew the papers, the amount he will spend to bribe police will be more than it cost to renew. P. S there's no cover note for expired documents.
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by naijadrivablog: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
OK. Thanks y'all
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by Haysamo: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
Good day bro. I want to make enquiries about tinted permit. I sent you a DM

ospreywin:
It is advisable to renew the papers, the amount he will spend to bribe police will be more than it cost to renew. P. S there's no cover note for expired documents.
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by Elsueno: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2020
naijadrivablog:

I don't know about now, But that shyt worked for me in D past, used it aloot
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by Alkason: 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
OkoroPeugeot:
Renewal costs next to nothing

How much?
Re: Bring Car With Expired Paper From One State To Another? by ospreywin(m): 10:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
Haysamo:
Good day bro. I want to make enquiries about tinted permit. I sent you a DM

Good day sir..... Reach me on WhatsApp or call 08144476474

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla LE / Knocking Sound In My Toyota Rav4 2004 Model.... / I Bought The Coolest Car In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.