Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing (1486 Views)

Neat Infiniti FX35 09/010 / Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by naijadrivablog: 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
1.Infiniti FX35 Oxygen Sensor

2. nfiniti FX35 Mass Air Flow Sensor

3. Infiniti FX35 Coolant Temperature Sensor

4. Infiniti FX35 Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor

5. Infiniti FX35 Camshaft Position Sensor

6. Infiniti FX35 Crankshaft Position Sensor

7. Infiniti FX35 Vehicle/Transmission Speed Sensor

8. Infiniti FX35 Accelerator Pedal Sensor

9. Infiniti FX35 Knock Sensor

10. Infiniti FX35 Sensor - Fuel Level (most troublesome) Fuel gauge won't work if this gets bad.

11. Infiniti FX35 Knock (Detonation) Sensor Connector

12. Infiniti FX35 Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 8:52am On Dec 24, 2020
naijadrivablog:

1.Infiniti FX35 Oxygen Sensor

2. nfiniti FX35 Mass Air Flow Sensor

3. Infiniti FX35 Coolant Temperature Sensor

4. Infiniti FX35 Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor

5. Infiniti FX35 Camshaft Position Sensor

6. Infiniti FX35 Crankshaft Position Sensor

7. Infiniti FX35 Vehicle/Transmission Speed Sensor

8. Infiniti FX35 Accelerator Pedal Sensor

9. Infiniti FX35 Knock Sensor

10. Infiniti FX35 Sensor - Fuel Level ([s]most troublesome) Fuel gauge won't work if this gets bad[/s].

11. Infiniti FX35 Knock (Detonation) Sensor Connector

12. Infiniti FX35 Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor

That's not the most troublesome. The most troublesome are :

Crankshaft position sensors
camshaft position sensors,
ascd sensor,
steering angle sensor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2020
Only sensor that have failed for me is the fuel level sensor.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Only sensor that have failed for me is the fuel level sensor.

None has failed in mine. I no pray any fails.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by sultaan(m): 9:28am On Dec 24, 2020
That is because of the terrible fuel used in Nigeria, transported and stored in dirty tanks.
I have never smelled the kind of stench that comes out of exhaust on Nigerian car.
Luxurious or cars for developed countries don't survive for long in Nigeria, the contaminants mess up the injectors, filter, catalytic converters and intake valves. that is why toks drive well the first couple of months and go downwards from there sensor light start coming up

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2020
sultaan:
That is because of the terrible fuel used in Nigeria, transported and stored in dirty tanks.
I have never smelled the kind of stench that comes out of exhaust on Nigerian car.
Luxurious or cars for developed countries don't survive for long in Nigeria, the contaminants mess up the injectors, filter, catalytic converters and intake valves. that is why toks drive well the first couple of months and go downwards from there sensor light start coming up

Facts. Nigerian fuel is vile.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 10:11am On Dec 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Facts. Nigerian fuel is vile.

After driving from Abuja to Uyo during the weekend, my Heated Oxygen Sensors started acting up on both banks. I poured in some good amounts of thinner in the tank and drove hard for 2 days, then I did the Heated Oxygen Sensor relearn procedure. Since then till now, I've logged over 100miles and the check engine lights haven't returned.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2020
kingreign:

After driving from Abuja to Uyo during the weekend, my Heated Oxygen Sensors started acting up on both banks. I poured in some good amounts of thinner in the tank and drove hard for 2 days, then I did the Heated Oxygen Sensor relearn procedure. Since then till now, I've logged over 100miles and the check engine lights haven't returned.

Interesting strategy. Thinner is high octane IIRC.

I may try it out. I get that code once every few months. Sometimes throws up a lean code too + rough idling. A can of injector cleaner usually fixes it.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by b2212(m): 10:44am On Dec 24, 2020
@kingreign what proportion of thinner to a full tank is safe. will love to try this
kingreign:

Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by 2cribz: 10:45am On Dec 24, 2020
Just avoid fx
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2020
b2212:
@kingreign what proportion of thinner to a full tank is safe. will love to try this
The amount of fuel in the tank when I bought the thinner was approx 20L, I poured 200 cl into it.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2020
2cribz:
Just avoid fx
why?
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Interesting strategy. Thinner is high octane IIRC.

I may try it out. I get that code once every few months. Sometimes throws up a lean code too + rough idling. A can of injector cleaner usually fixes it.

I'd post the procedure to reset it after the thinner stuff in the whatsapp group.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:09am On Dec 24, 2020
kingreign:

I'd post the procedure to reset it after the thinner stuff in the whatsapp group.

Thanks. wink
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Thanks. wink
I've done it. Check the group.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
kingreign:

You're the man.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by myhero: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
kingreign:

Pls what's the WhatsApp group number
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
myhero:

Pls what's the WhatsApp group number
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
kingreign:

post it here na angry
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by naijadrivablog: 3:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
kingreign:
Crankshaft position sensors camshaft position sensors, ascd sensor, steering angle sensor
Even steering get sensor? cheesy
That CUV na sensor all round.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
naijadrivablog:

I'm not sure if you're serious but pretty much every modern car has one.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by naijadrivablog: 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I'm not sure if you're serious but pretty much every modern car has one.

na so. Even my former "ancestor" 1999 RAV4 4WD Get at least 5 sensors and several switches.

1. Knock sensor
2. 02 Sensor bank 1
3. 02 sensor bank 2
4. Oil level sensor (I guess)
5. Automatic gear speed sensors
6. Airbag sensors (2 of which is hidden on either fenders).
7. There is a sensor on the 4 shafts too (I guess speed related).
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
naijadrivablog:

All modern cars having ABS and traction control have Steering angle sensor and yaw rate sensor. It's a part of the SRS and ABS system.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by b2212(m): 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
kingreign:

The amount of fuel in the tank when I bought the thinner was approx 20L, I poured 200 cl into it.

Great! That is about 1/3 full for the average japanese car. I use a Mazda 5. Will let you know
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by naijadrivablog: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2020
kingreign:

Crankshaft position sensors
camshaft position sensors,
ascd sensor,
steering angle sensor

please, what is the cost of these sensors listed? I am considering getting an Infiniti FX35 4x2 but I need to know what I would be be getting my hands into.

Mbok, awo Annang.
Re: Infiniti FX35 Sensors, See the one that Is Notoriously failing by kingreign(m): 7:59am On Dec 26, 2020
naijadrivablog:

please, what is the cost of these sensors listed? I am considering getting an Infiniti FX35 4x2 but I need to know what I would be be getting my hands into.

Mbok, awo Annang.
Most tokumbo sensors are around 10k each piece. And OEM brand new could easily reach 50k a piece. That said, I will say go for the Infiniti FX but ensure its not abused or flooded. The transmission in the 4 x2 is less than or just approximately 100k.

(1) (Reply)

Help I Think My Car Is Chopping Fuel / Peugeot 406 / Why Is The Nissan Frontier So Expensive And Difficult To Find

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.