Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over (41100 Views)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Where Do They Report Sexual Abuse Or Molestation? I Am Angry / Rock Python In My WC! Can You Imagine What My Wife Did To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by cococandy(f): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
You’re not overreacting. Some people self.
Four siblings at once? Without even informing you. Even if times are not hard , it makes no sense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by tunjijones(m): 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

That's how you people die before women. Mental and psychological stress. Why won't men die before women. You carry everything to the heart. While the women leave it to God.

I repeat it's not about finances. There are men that hate thier wives around their family or friends or anyone not him and his blood and that's the situationship. I maintain my stance.

This one is just typing trash since.

Everything whey u dey type just de irritate me.

Didi u read the part he said the wifes last born has been staying with them for 2 yrs now?

Do you have issues with comprehension or u are just been dumb intentionally?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by cococandy(f): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
“Just rice here and there” adds up.
Plus imagine the living and sleeping arrangements in one room and parlor. I wouldn’t want to be that uncomfortable in my house. Especially during a holiday when you would like to relax with your immediate family and enjoy the season. If it was a family compound house with many rooms and someone who can afford to cater for them, it would be different.

RedPanthar:

Lol. You fell for it. It's just trapping to make the wife look like a villain. It's just some days. It's just rice here and there and they are gone.

You should encourage him to be loving and more accommodating and that it won't last beyond a few days.

Those other side attractions are mere trappings.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by kwaso2: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Smiles. Just to remind u that corona lockdown is coming in January. Better include them in ur budget

4 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
You caused it when your mother in-law probably you were cooking with a lot of meat in the soups or you spent lavish and given her more money than she was expected when she was going back home, take heart

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by pek(m): 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:
Continue deceiving yourself. You can deceive gullible people but not me.

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Be Christ-like, Christ-mas is about sharing not only about eating rice.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.
And the award for the trashiest comment on nairaland 2020 goes to....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by descarado: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2020
That's absurdity shocked
Wish u had a place u can stay. Jappa till the end of the month.
Nonsense.

And do call your inlaw. Tell them this shouldn't happen again without your knowledge so u prepare for it.

Treat your wife fk up as u deem fit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by T817: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thank you everybody for the advice . I really appreciate . my father in law called me this morning he was very apologetic about what happened without his knowledge he was aware that only my wife immediate younger sister who was coming for 5 days but he wasn’t aware of his other 3 children , he said he was very sorry as a responsible father he could never add the burden of his children on me , when he is fully aware that my wife had a cs 2 months ago and I have had spent a lot of money on the hospital bills and after care , he knows after all the expenses that i don’t have any money right right now and there is no way he could’ve send all of them and he said if I can allow them to spend Christmas with us then I can return all of them back to him on Monday . I am very grateful to have a very understanding father in law . The problem has been resolved . Thanks once again

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by descarado: 3:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
Thank you everybody for the advice . I really appreciate . my father in law called me this morning he was very apologetic about what happened without his knowledge he was aware that only my wife immediate younger sister who was coming for 5 days but he wasn’t aware of his other 3 children , he said he was very sorry as a responsible father he could never add the burden of his children on me , when he is fully aware that my wife had a cs 2 months ago and I have had spent a lot of money on the hospital bills and after care , he knows after all the expenses that i don’t have any money right right now and there is no way he could’ve send all of them and he said if I can allow them to spend Christmas with us then I can return all of them back to him on Monday . I am very grateful to have a very understanding father in law . The problem has been resolved . Thanks once again
This is a man and a father. He did the right thing.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by mabea: 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
Men will always be men.

Cc. Redpanther

4 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by noleflendum: 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

It's not the scenario of take care of our struggling family. It's just Christmas. Nothing more, nothing less. And it won't cost a fortune in the Spirit of the season to act as a father when opportunity calls. It's not give us your family. It's just Love. Nothing more. Sorry to call you fooooool

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Rrchrd(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.
you're gibbering nonsense

3 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by RedPanthar: 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
Rrchrd:

you're gibbering nonsense

Na so. Jobless thing. First get that teacher job and be a man before you meddle into issues only men should have a say on
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Bonjovi13: 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

Its people like you that makes nairaland unhealthy and unsafe for people who would like to vent or seek advice.
From nowhere you are just making judgements and analysis of a man you do not know. To make it worse your conclusions and judgements are so far off the mark it bothers on psychosis.
First off the man told you he has been taking care of his wife's last born for over 2years. 2ndly he told you that his wife just had a child. He also said his MIL just left after staying for 3 months. He also told you he is the sole income earner of the family.

You sound like a child or at most someone whose bills are being taken care off if not you would have done the maths to figure out how much this man must have spent since his wife took in to when his MIL left. He even let us know that he borrowed the money to give his MIL.

He is broke, stressed and worrying how his family would cope till January. We all know how 2020 has been.
Imagine coming home to meet another 4 mouths who would be fed..
Since you did not understand how that can stress a man out you must be either a child or dependent on someone.
Not to talk of the disrespect of not being informed by his wife that her siblings were coming.
My man. You have spoilt your wife. Every man who is worth his salt must train his wife from when they started dating seriously. You must let her know what you'd tolerate and what you cant stand.
Do you hide your finances from her and she thinks you are doing fine. Do you also act like big man for her family? Do you flex with friends often. Drink beer and Nkwobi. Do you spend recklessly on your self?
If yes. Stop it. Rein your wife in. Sit her down and let both of you do a breakdown of your income and the expenses of the home.
Then both of you will decide how to manage. If she knows you are struggling to survive and she still insist on stressing you then I am sorry you have got to be strict with her. Your life first. If you die of HBP your kids and even her will suffer. So be tough with her if talking rationally doesnt help. Try to pray often and exercise faith. It helps with stress. Stay positive.Merry Xmas

8 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Bonjovi13: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:

You see. I didn't read this b4 my earlier response to that lil child.
Every responsible man would understand your pain.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Bonjovi13: 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

Nah. That's not the scenario. If it is. Make e drop him account. I'm sure five persons seeing this won't mind sending 1k each. To get Xmas rice. Me being the first wink

1k after all your mouth. My friend go and play outside with your friends. Evening go home and eat. Nwatakiri

9 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

I don't blame you bro

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by wetmenow: 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
Just manage with them
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by emeshot: 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
xolocious:
Wahala be like BICYCLE...

The truth is, THE SIGNS WERE THERE BEFORE YOU MARRIED HER. YOU TOOK IT FOR GRANTED OR SHOULD I SAY, "YOU WERE BLINDED BY LOVE". IT'S STILL NOT TOO LATE. YOU CAN TALK IT OUT WITH HER AND LET HER KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT. DON'T BE SCARED ABOUT HOW SHE OR THEY'LL SEE IT. YOU NO FIT USE SHAME CHOP SHIT. FOR THE TIME BEING, LET THEM STAY TILL THE NEW YEAR BUT LET HER KNOW THEY'LL BE LEAVING AFTER THE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION (INFACT, THE FOLLOWING MONDAY BEING 4TH OF JANUARY).
SPEAK OUT!

You guys should stop this,you saw the signs.we should be teaching family values and honour.we should not forget that we have to love and respect each other which is the basic.let us start asvicin and teaching values

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Bizibi(m): 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

Na so. Young ones who ASSUME. When it comes to real talk, boys should step outside for real men to talk. Step aside
mtcheeeeew
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by emeshot: 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

It is finished.no family value anymore
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by naijadrivablog: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2020
Not right!. Perhaps you gave room for this to happen by not voicing out your stand early in the marriage.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by 2cribz: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2020
After paying nepa 15k,they refused to connect back my wires,my gen gulpd 3k dis morning,now another electrician said to connect is 5k,i borrow ladder 1500. Im fed up pls . Fuc k dis shit man. God punish nepa. May their staffs die tonite. Amen. My xmas is messed up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by DaddyGngeess(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hahahah, so skeleton produces money too? I don't know about this oo, brother chill make all of una manage somehow, all this will pass soon..
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ednut1(m): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
Men should wise up na. Never marry a woman with work or those with many dependent siblings. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Ferdinandu(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4 siblings in my house I wasn’t happy because she didn’t informed me they were coming over and in this economy when the country is hard why would they come all four of them at the same time.

My mother in law came for omugwo she stayed for 5 weeks, she left 3 weeks ago I had given my wife 30k the money I borrowed from a good friend of mine to get her some few things to take home, then 3 weeks after, her 4 siblings are here too, they are 6. The last born who is 10 have been staying with us for 2 years now. I take care of her, my wife doesn’t work and I am only managing I don’t know why her people want to
drain me.

Can you imagine as soon as I entered the house, her sisters were asking me about their Christmas gifts, "brother where is our gift?" As if I am their ATM. I just ignored them because I was already angry seeing them in my house without my permission but keeping calm was the best thing to do.

What shocked me was the fact her brother was comfortably sleeping in my bed next to my 2 months old baby. My wife didn’t see it as anything bad she said he is her brother and wouldn’t harm his own niece but my point was not about him doing something wrong with her but the fact that he doesn’t have any respect for my bed that what really got me angry which led to my wife and I to quarrell not in their presence but in our room but since it’s only parlour and room self con I believe they must have heard everything but I don’t care.

My Wife thinks I am overreacting and I don’t like her siblings and she said she will tell her parents everything I said to her in anger which I didn’t meant to but nobody in my position will be happy if he happened to be in my shoe. How do I handle this problem with my wife without causing any further problems between us and her parents because I don’t have money to feed 4 more mouths for 2 weeks because they are not leaving any time soon not until the 3rd or 4th of January and before her siblings came she complained about her Christmas clothes and hair. I told her I will only do Christmas for the kids because I don’t have money she frowned her face and started giving me attitudes and on top of that she has invited her 4 siblings when I don’t have a kobo to feed all of them.

Even the food we have in the house won’t even last until January because I bought enough for 5 people but now with 9 of us it won’t last and her siblings are expecting me to do Christmas for them too , I don’t blame them because they are small children 20,18,15,12 who thinks that I have a skeleton in my cupboard where I get free money lol.

What should I do right now ? I am not happy Your advice is needed please
Brother sorry ooo. In the next world think well before marrying first child of the family gringrin. because I guess your wife is the first child
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by edoairways: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
Nicklaus619:

You obviously not married or even in a relationship going by the trash u just typed, do you know what it means feeding 6 people in the house including little baby?

Not to mention that they came to the house without pre-information and the wife sees nothing wrong with it, u dare not sleep in my bed, I don't take that shit, I have got other room in the house, why sleep on my bed beside my newborn baby? That absurd,

@ op, just try and swallow the whole thing, and put up with anything till January, I know it's not gonna be easy, but just be yourself and make sure food is always available, apart from that, don't get any gift for them, including your wife, let her understand that u wanted to spoil her silly this holidays until she brought her siblings to ruin your plans, she will want them to leave as soon as possible and will discuss this kinda issue when next they are visiting
What a wise decision

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
Happy Married life Bro. Happy Married life. Enjoy yourself grin
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by MediMedi(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
Do you really love your life.? Poor men and their complains, What if there are from your side
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Exc2000: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
cool

People dey for this country sha

O.P you are too damn petty

For God sake your in laws are now your own family

My parents siblings still visits them after decades of marriage

If you don't have money to buy gifts or feed them don't be ashamed to tell your wife in a calm manner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4 siblings in my house I wasn’t happy because she didn’t informed me they were coming over and in this economy when the country is hard why would they come all four of them at the same time.

My mother in law came for omugwo she stayed for 5 weeks, she left 3 weeks ago I had given my wife 30k the money I borrowed from a good friend of mine to get her some few things to take home, then 3 weeks after, her 4 siblings are here too, they are 6. The last born who is 10 have been staying with us for 2 years now. I take care of her, my wife doesn’t work and I am only managing I don’t know why her people want to
drain me.

Can you imagine as soon as I entered the house, her sisters were asking me about their Christmas gifts, "brother where is our gift?" As if I am their ATM. I just ignored them because I was already angry seeing them in my house without my permission but keeping calm was the best thing to do.

What shocked me was the fact her brother was comfortably sleeping in my bed next to my 2 months old baby. My wife didn’t see it as anything bad she said he is her brother and wouldn’t harm his own niece but my point was not about him doing something wrong with her but the fact that he doesn’t have any respect for my bed that what really got me angry which led to my wife and I to quarrell not in their presence but in our room but since it’s only parlour and room self con I believe they must have heard everything but I don’t care.

My Wife thinks I am overreacting and I don’t like her siblings and she said she will tell her parents everything I said to her in anger which I didn’t meant to but nobody in my position will be happy if he happened to be in my shoe. How do I handle this problem with my wife without causing any further problems between us and her parents because I don’t have money to feed 4 more mouths for 2 weeks because they are not leaving any time soon not until the 3rd or 4th of January and before her siblings came she complained about her Christmas clothes and hair. I told her I will only do Christmas for the kids because I don’t have money she frowned her face and started giving me attitudes and on top of that she has invited her 4 siblings when I don’t have a kobo to feed all of them.

Even the food we have in the house won’t even last until January because I bought enough for 5 people but now with 9 of us it won’t last and her siblings are expecting me to do Christmas for them too , I don’t blame them because they are small children 20,18,15,12 who thinks that I have a skeleton in my cupboard where I get free money lol.

What should I do right now ? I am not happy Your advice is needed please

Imagine who paid rent of the apartment?
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by SavageMaster: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
RedPanthar:

You conveniently failed to see the part that he said he already borrowed 30k from a friend to buy things for his mother-in-law who just left few weeks ago. Haba! You see why I will always be coming after you

If he comes on social media to beg for money to entertain his unexpected guests, people like you will still bash him and call him names.

The 20 and 18- year olds that joined to ask him for their Christmas gifts, in more developed countries, shouldn't they be out doing menial work to fend for themselves, instead of being a financial burden to their brother-in-law?

If the wife wants them to stay, she should bring in some money for their upkeep. Unfortunately, she doesn't work. Why then should she be this inconsiderate? Is Op going to steal to make his wife and her people happy?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Oldest Woman In Rivers State Dies At The Age Of 134 (Photo) / White Lady Spotted In Wrapper Using Nigerian Grinding Stone And Speaking Pidgin / Delta Man Marks 10th Wedding Anniversary, Rides Wife In Helicopter To Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.