Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Corporates Affairs Commission Killing My Interest In Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Corporates Affairs Commission Killing My Interest In Business (334 Views)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / About corporates / Corporate Affairs Commission Staff Queried Over Facebook Post On Buhari, Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corporates Affairs Commission Killing My Interest In Business by kaymart: 9:49am On Dec 24, 2020
I am passionate about doing genuine businesses.

Anyway, I am....
I have worked in the private settings for more than half a decade. I am passionate about the idea of starting up my own empire. I raised a sizeable amount of capital from my years of working all this while.
Normally, I like engaging seasoned professionals to carry out important tasks. My lawyer was assigned the task of the business registration. He has done his possible best.... He is fraustrated just as I am.
We uploaded all documents on the 21st of July for registration. up till now, I don't understand why we can't get the Certificate of registration. why does it have to take 6months to get a company's certifacate. The year is almost ending and I still can't get my company's registered.
I'm getting fraustrated. I left my 9 to 5 to pursue this aspect of life but here after good six months. The lawyer has sent multiple mails to CAC email addresses yet nothing, no reply or whatsoever.
I don't understand what is happening at the moment. I'm so fraustrated.
from July to December 2020 just to register a limited liability company.

I have paid for the office space and designs, the advert platforms and other logistics but CAC delay has caused lots of agony both financial, psychological, and other unexplainable trauma.

On the dashboard, it was shown that name have been registered. but no success on the collection of cert. till now. Is it a crime to go for sth genuine/legal/legit in this country?. is it a crime to be a Nigerian? I paid for all the expenses from the get-go yet I was rewarded with plethora of fraustrations.
Business partners/investors are losing interests already.
Pls who has any suggestions/opinions on how to salvage this...?
I have always been patriotic to Nigeria, but as always beung rewarded with sufferness like every other normal citizen is the highest form of norm ever received.
Re: Corporates Affairs Commission Killing My Interest In Business by Samakus(m): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2020
Chai. I feel for you. I hope you genuinely get help here. But be mindful of those that will disguise to offer help but all they want is to scam you.

I wish I have the connection to help you. I hate it when human factors inhibit dreams.

Meanwhile, have you thought about registering your business with SMEDAN (Small and medium scale enterprises agency). I just registered my business name and got their certificate of registration for free. You should try it. Look up their website on Google and register if you deem so.

All the best man

1 Like

Re: Corporates Affairs Commission Killing My Interest In Business by Cubana06: 10:06am On Dec 24, 2020
Haaaa

1 Like

Re: Corporates Affairs Commission Killing My Interest In Business by psucc(m): 10:54am On Dec 24, 2020
Guy, it's a pity those "Ease of Doing Business" will put you through such psychological trauma.

Honestly, when we cry about the hiccups purposely created for the honest Nigerians, people seem not to understand. Honesty has become a "taboo" here.

But just don't lost hope. The certificate will come but it will take time.

If you wouldn't mind, gather up some money, say N20k, get to the CAC office, get to know someone and drop the money, you see the cert come in less than 2weeks. That's the sad reality here in Nigeria.
Re: Corporates Affairs Commission Killing My Interest In Business by Nicoswit(m): 11:12am On Dec 24, 2020
Go to their head office and register your business physical...doint things online in Nigeria will frustrate you
Re: Corporates Affairs Commission Killing My Interest In Business by kaymart: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Nicoswit:
Go to their head office and register your business physical...doint things online in Nigeria will frustrate you
they don't entertain physical entrance.
The lawyer has been there on two different occassions.

(1) (Reply)

Careers in Finance (Investment & Wealth) CFA/FRM for students and graduates / Start Your Career Easily-learn Affiliate/cpa Marketing For Free / Is HAIR DRESSING Advisable To Learn For A Male Undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.