Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

I Did Not Rape Christiana - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Did Not Rape Christiana (10242 Views)

I Did Not Rape Christiana / "My Journey Through Singlehood" By Christiana Okafor - A Christian Fiction / I Did Not Say I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda Adichie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Saturn101: 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by JustCruise(m): 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Bro,this thread is getting cold. Happy Sunday.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
I winced. 'No, I didn't rape her. She was in my house and something happened between us, but I never raped her.'

'I can't believe this. You mean Christiana and you were lovers? Why then did you deceive me into starting a relationship with you?'

'I didn't deceive you. I told her it was all over between us and her bitterness led to this accusation.'

'But how would she make such an allegation if indeed you didn't do it?'

I sighed in exasperation. Yes, I knew the odds were against me, but I expected Faith to show some understanding. 'Can you make it to my place
this evening? I will tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'

'Oh God, I still can't believe it.'

'I will explain everything to you,' I reiterated.

She cut the line. Would she believe me, or would she believe my traducer? I would have to wait to see.

By seven-thirty in the evening, I still had not seen Faith. Was she still coming? I called her line. It rang on and on without her responding to it. When it was minutes past eight, Faith had neither come nor picked my call. It was clear now that she was on the other side; on the side of those that believed I committed the rape.

I could not really blame Faith. It was difficult for a man to shake off accusation of rape. The man was always highly culpable. The situation meant I had to chart a new life for myself. I would have to forget about the college and about Faith. It would not be easy but I had no choice than to move on with life. I would have to start applying for a teaching job in other schools. I would take any that offered a fair pay, even if the pay was not as good as the one I earned at Gold-Cross College.

The following morning, I went to some high brow schools to drop my c.v. I also stepped up my on-line application. It was disheartening that I was an applicant once again. It was all my fault, I decided. I was the one that allowed lust to becloud my sense of reasoning. Now, I was paying for it.

I returned home tired. Though, I had some good money in savings, I must get another job before the savings drained out. I was thinking of what
to prepare when there was a knock on my door. Luridly, I thought Christy wanted to give me the knock-out by bringing policemen to arrest me. I
imagined being arrested and being in the dock for rape. Maybe I would not be convicted, I thought. Maybe, my lawyer would put up a good
defence and I would be discharged and acquitted.

I went to the door. 'Yes, who is it?'

'It's me, Faith.'

I was surprised. Faith? Had Faith finally come around to hear my defence? I opened the door for her.

'Good evening, Faith.'

'Good evening.'

I motioned her to a seat.

'It's all over the school now that you are a rapist,' she said.

I sighed and shook my head in dejection. 'Are you ready to listen to me for my explanation?'

'What explanation have you got?'

I nodded grimly. 'I didn't rape Christy,' I started. 'I'm so sorry to admit that sexual activity took place between us, but I didn't rape her.'

She stared at me. Did she believe me?

'Why did you invite her to your house?' she asked.

'I didn't invite her. She came on her own to make demand.'

I told Faith how the relationship between me and Christy started about a couple of weeks ago and what really transpired that evening of the
alleged rape. Faith listened intently. The next statement she made surprised me.

'I think I believe you.'

I was delighted. 'Oh, you do? Ah, thank God someone finally believes me.'

'But you should not have succumbed to her sexual demand.'

'Yes, I'm sorry about that. That was the blunder I made, and I'm so sorry about it.'

She nodded. 'I actually called Christiana and asked her some questions. From her answers, I believed she was lying.'

'Indeed, she was lying, but I've learnt my lesson. I will never allow this kind of thing to happen again.'

Again, she nodded. 'So, what are you doing with yourself right now?'

I Did Not Rape Christiana: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/i_did_not_rape_christiana/39587

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Ann2012(f): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by aprilwise(m): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2021
OP please update this story regularly. Thanks for the update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by JustCruise(m): 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Thanks for the update boss but I must say for someone accused of rape,the protagonist is too calm,no real attempt to clear his name and reputation.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Lakesc: 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
Thanks for the update....
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by ThrillPlus: 6:32am On Mar 31, 2021
More
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
We chatted a bit more and intermittently watched the television until it was past seven o'clock. She stretched her body and stood up.

'You don't know how glad I am that came,' I said zealously. 'You've really made my day darling. And I love you so much.'

'You're welcome.'

'Can I give you a hug?' I asked tentatively.

'Just a hug?'

'Yes.'

'Okay.'

I held her gingerly, kissed her on the forehead and gave her a bear hug. She clung on to me too. After several seconds, I slowly disengaged from her.

'I love you.' It came out of my mouth as if I was programmed to do so. I felt like kissing her on the lips, but held myself back.

'I love you too,' she replied.

I nodded. 'Once again, thank you for your visit.'
I accompanied her to the main road where she could take a bike home. As I returned to my apartment, I was filled with inexplicable joy.

The following day, I decided to start a part time teaching job at a tutorial center not far from my house. They paid per hour. The money was more like stipends but it was better than nothing as, at least, it kept me engaged. That Saturday, Faith paid me another visit.

'Hello, dear Faith,' I greeted.

'Hi.' Her voice was cool.

'How d'you do? Hey, you don't sound excited.'

'I've been feeling down since yesterday.'

I was surprised. 'I'm so sorry to hear that. And you didn't even tell me on the phone.'

She shrugged. 'I didn't want to bother you.'

'So, how is your body now?' I put the back of my right palm on her cheek to feel her temperature.

'I'm getting better. Thank God.'

'Your temperature seems okay. Yes, we must thank God.' I patted her left shoulder.

She handed a nylon containing a pack of food to me. 'Have it.'

I opened the nylon and the pack. There was fried rice and fried chicken there.'

I could perceive the tantalizing aroma coming from the pack. I had no doubt that it would be delicious.

'Thanks for bothering to buy this for me.'

She gave a smile. 'It's no bother.'

'Well, what can I say? Thank you my dear.' I gave her a peck.

'You're welcome.'

'So, let's eat then.'

'Oh, no. You can have it all. I'm okay as it is.'

'What about drinks? What do I get you?'

She shook her head. 'Not now. Let me just relax for now.'

'I've been the one visiting you. When are you going to reciprocate my visit?'

She was right. She had told me where she lived but I nwas yet to pay her a visit.

'Anytime you invite me, I'll come,' I said.

'Do I need to invite you?'

'Okay, I'll take this as invitation. When do you want me to come?'

She chuckled. 'Well, can you make it tomorrow, Sunday?'

I smiled and nodded. 'Why not? Good will spare our lives. I'll be there towards evening.'

'You'll be most welcome.'

She did not stay long as she said she had to return home to rest. I did not press her about staying longer. Once again, I thanked her for coming around in spite of her not feeling so well.

I Did Not Rape Christiana: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/i_did_not_rape_christiana/39587

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Lakesc: 7:43am On Apr 03, 2021
Thanks for the update. More pls...

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by BigBasher: 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nice update.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Abosede512(f): 8:57am On Apr 17, 2021
Kindly help us update

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by JustCruise(m): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2021
Thanks for the update but am still hungry for more.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by SeyiDominion: 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
She did not stay long as she said she had to return home to rest. I did not press her aqbout staying longer. Once again, I thanked her coming around in spite of her not feeling so well.

On Sunday, it was few minutes past four when I decided to visit my dear Faith. I decided to go in t-shirt, brown chinos trousers and a befitting canvas shoes. I used the perfume of Hugo Boss I used for special ocassion. I knew I looked good in my simplicity. It was time to visit my love.

Faith lived with her father in a duplex. It was actually a twin-duplex. While she and her family lived in one, the second one was rented out. As soon as I got to the gate and introduced myself, the Hausa security man allowed me inside.

Apparently, Faith had told the man that a guy by the name Sunday would be visiting.

Their home looked comfortable. The fat maid took me to the sitting-room downstairs. The room was large and comfortable. The furniture looked exotic, and so were the gadgets there.

Of course, Faith had been expecting me. She soon came downstairs and took me to her room upstairs. Her parents were not around, so there wasn't anything like introducing me to them.

Her room was large and nice looking. Two seats and a glass table were by the bedside. It didn't take me long to realize she lived a very comfortable life.

I sat on one of these seats. Hardly had I settled down when the house-maid came to serve fruit juice. It was Faith's turn to bring her photo albums. The pictures were so many. The albums were the largest collection of personal photographs I had ever seen.

Faith treated me like a special guest. I appreciated the fact that she tried as much as possible to make me feel at home.

After staying with her for about an hour and half, I decided to call it a day and stood up.

'Why the hurry? Why don't you stay longer?' she said, hardly hiding her surprise and disappointment.

'I would have really loved to be with you forever, but I think it's okay for me to go for now.'

I stood up and suppressed a belch. 'Darling Faith, I must really thank you for the wonderful treatment. Thank you so much.'

'You're welcome. What are friends for?'

Again, I smiled at her. I went out of her room, with Faith on my heels. It was her turn to accompany me to where I could take a commercial bike home.

I waved at her, thinking that inded I had a fun-filling time with her. I got home with a big surprise awaiting me. Christy was in front of my flat, waiting for me.

Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by aprilwise(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
I thought christy has done her worst. What’s she looking for? Thanks for the update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Abosede512(f): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Lakesc: 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
Christy again? Thanks for the update...
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Abosede512(f): 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
Thanks for the update, plssssss more
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by UltimateSpice: 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ride on
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Abosede512(f): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
we want to know what happen next, please help us update, thanks
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by Awesome05: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2021
Next.
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by UltimateSpice: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
Re: I Did Not Rape Christiana by ThrillPlus: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
Abosede512:
we want to know what happen next, please help
us update, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sugar Daddy Chronicles (18+) / Souloho19 Wins July 5k Award / Word Of The Day- Improve Your Vocab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.