Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians (23688 Views)

Buhari Begs Nigerians To Reelect Him Ahead Of 2019 Election / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Ecstasy154(m): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has pleaded with Nigerians to once again invest their trust in his administration’s commitment to restore peace, security and prosperity to all parts of the country.

President Buhari made the plea in his Christmas message to Nigerians, which was made available to State House Correspondents by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity Mr Femi Adesina on Thursday.

The President also challenged all Christians, and indeed, all Nigerians to reinvent to one another the values that the Christmas celebration represents, noting that the country is most in need of such virtues at the moment, having gone through series of stressful circumstances.

He said his administration would continue to work to make Nigeria safe for all residents by ensuring that the armed forces are properly and adequately equipped.

He however commended the armed forces and all security agencies for their efforts at keeping the country safe, charging them to do more to ward crimes and criminals out of circulation in the country.

“In Christendom, Christmas season represents joy, peace, hope, love, goodwill and imminent salvation. These worthy values which Jesus’ Advent symbolize, are very much needed in our country at this time when we are confronted with diverse challenges like the rising spate of armed banditry, kidnappings, insurgency, economic recession, and an upsurge of COVID-19 infections.

“I wish to, therefore, enjoin fellow compatriots to appropriate the hope that comes with Christmas and reinvest trust in this Administration’s determination and unwavering commitment to restore peace, security, and prosperity to our dear country.

“Under my watch, the Federal Government will continue to provide the needed support within available resources to the gallant members of our armed forces and security agencies as they confront threats to our citizens. While I commend them for their efforts so far, I urge them to do more to checkmate increasing incidents of security threats, especially in the northern parts of the country as well as the entire nation in varying degrees.

“Their display of tact, camaraderie, and expertise that led to the recent return of abducted schoolboys of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, will remain a milestone in the annals of the country.

“For me, providing security for all residents in the country remains an article of faith. It formed a vital segment of this Administration’s three-point agenda right from inception, and we must follow through with it.

“I cannot in good conscience shirk this cardinal responsibility to secure lives and property. I feel pained each time a breach of peace and security occurs in any part of the nation. I am even more distressed when our youths, especially school children, are the targets and victims of mindless and malevolent elements in society.

“As a parent, I share the emotional torture and agony parents and guardians go through whenever their children and wards fall into the cruel hands of these enemies of decency and good society.

“I plead with fellow compatriots to give our military and other security agencies more time, cooperation and support by volunteering credible intelligence/information on activities of armed bandits, insurgents and other criminal elements within their communities in order to put an end to this blight on our security landscape”, he said.

On how to combat the security crisis in the country, the President noted that the situation is not as simplistic as those proffering solutions are seeing it, but said he would ensure to follow up with bringing the multi-faceted security crisis into the barest minimum.

“To be sure, the problems are beyond the simplistic options being bandied around. We shall remain focused on following the complex, multi-dimensional route to reducing the incidents of insecurity to the barest minimum. Our people must be free to live and move without let or hindrance. This is crucial not only to enthroning an atmosphere of calm and social cohesion, but for the economy to grow”, he said.

On the celebration, he called on citizens to use the season of goodwill and joy to renew their faith in the ability of his administration to make a lasting difference in the lives of hard-working people.

“Let us use this season of goodwill and joy to renew our faith in the ability of this Administration to make a lasting difference in the lives of our hard-working people. Our Social Intervention measures and other economic policies are already yielding positive results even at modest rates”, he said.

The President said his administration would continue to target the youth for development so they would not be available to the lure of those with unpatriotic intents.

He, however, noted that his administration would no longer allow protests to fester into chaos.

“We shall deliberately target our youths so that they will not fall into the trap of unpatriotic elements to foment social disobedience leading to avoidable loss of lives and property.

“Let me reiterate that while the right to peaceful association and protest is guaranteed under our laws, this Administration will not fold its arms and watch protests however well-intended, degenerate into wanton killings of law enforcement and other security personnel as well as the destruction of private and national assets.

“It is gladdening to note that the various schemes and components of the Economic Sustainability Plan (ESP) are being implemented faithfully to support micro-small businesses. I am particularly delighted that artisans, small-time transporters, traders and farmers are the main beneficiaries as we continue to provide safety nets to the most vulnerable members of our society as well as business owners to mitigate the harsh economic environment occasioned by COVID-19.

“In spite of dwindling national revenue worsened by the pandemic, we will do all that is required to fully implement the 2021 Budget of Economic Recovery and Resilience. We are optimistic that all things being equal, we should be able to exit recession at the shortest possible time”, he said.

He charged Nigerians to go about celebrating the Christmas and New Year festivities discreetly, noting that there are indications that the nation had already entered the second wave of the COVID-19 spread.

“There is every indication that our country is already experiencing a second wave of COVID-19 infection. As we celebrate Christmas with families and friends, I urge all citizens and residents to adhere strictly to the non-pharmaceutical prevention guidelines of regular hand-washing, wearing masks and social/physical distancing with a view to mitigating the spread of this devastating virus.

“While national and state institutions are trying their best, we must take individual responsibility and resist the strong temptation of compliance-fatigue by following the recommended protocols put in place by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and beat the ravaging pandemic.

“I have absolute confidence in the spirit of resilience of our people to do the needful and remain vigilant even as this festive season witnesses increased travels and celebrations. Staying alive to enjoy future festivals should be the watchword.

“I wish all Nigerians divine protection and Merry Christmas,” he said.
https://thenationonlineng.net/trust-us-again-to-fix-nigeria-buhari-begs-nigerians/amp/

1 Like

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Goldp5988(f): 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
Noted
Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
Only collective consciousness can move this country forward. It is not a person or party idealogy but rather a collective mindset followed by an indomitable effort in fulfilling the mindset. Only Nigerians can help Nigeria, that is, if we are really honest and willing to do the needful.

But unfortunately most Nigerians have given up already and have no more trust to give any longer. I encourage the government to give us enough reason in 2021 to reverse our decision of distrust and channel our energy back to moving this nation forward.

It can be done. It starts from the mind.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by anungangampu: 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
Runaway president

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by illicit(m): 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
Are you alright sir

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Racoon(m): 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
So says a useless failed president.Thank providence you had the privilege.Otherwise, it could been said Buhari is the best president Nigeria never had.

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Tonyspecial(m): 5:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Bandit

158 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Cti28(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
I am speechless. Is the untold hardship we've been facing under your "RULERSHIP" not enough.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by hidhrhis(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
grin
Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by updatechange(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Wait! You mean Nigerian or Nigerien!?

Thunder fire you there angry

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by IdeallyNew: 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
The one you can’t fix for the past four years. Abeg just step down

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
We don hear

1 Like

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Philipmems(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me Hahahaha grin grin grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
grin.
At least he's honest enough to acknowledge they're not performing up to standard unlike some of his delegates who are suffering from chronic DUNNING-KRUGER effect. They are quick to overestimate what they've done.

Electricity is better in my area but the basics of life are still lacking.

If food security can be achieved i.e. economic access to food. Then it is a step in the right direction.

The problem of food security isn't limited to availability of food alone but access to food. How affordable is it to the common man. Onion, tomatoes are ever present in the market infact some even perish but do the poor have the economic access to it?

Tackle food security then half your problem is solved.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by fowlyansh181(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Don’t make things harder for the people you want their trust.. you haven’t given them a reason to trust you since they elected you

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by XclusiveJobs77: 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Mumu man

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Sabenko: 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Scam ...make thunder fire my left yansh if i ever try to trust una! I literally check the calender on daily basis to see how far we are to 2023. I cant wait for all of una to pack u bags and leave!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by iLegendd(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
I only read the title. I didn't bother reading the content. Trust you? We don't trust the entire Fulani all because of you. You've ruined your people. Do and get lost.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by nanauju(f): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Joke of the year came in as an early Christmas gift cheesy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by iamademola(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Once bitten , Twice shy.

No Way

7 Likes

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Diffpussies(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thunder fire ur entire Cow there angry

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Diffpussies(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
iamademola:
Once bitten , Twice shy.

No Way
we have a Cow as a president shocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by gasparpisciotta: 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Kitchen cabinet has failed again

1 Like

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Bossontop(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
undecided
Come on gedifok!!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Lamasta(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Nigerians trusted you lots by voting for you but you failed them woefully

5 Likes

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by faithfull18(f): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Lol, campaign after election.

Performance so far not surprising for those of us who knew he just wanted power and to enjoy the money.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Kapilta(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
"I was shocked when i read bubus' message to Nigerians" grin

6 Likes

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by ehix89(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Fvcktard... Another 4yrs after 2023, I can't even think of it

4 Likes

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by Nnamebuka: 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
They don come again o

16 Likes

Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by money121(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Trust Us Again To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Begs Nigerians by gungab(m): 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Fires Heavy Artillery Gun In Maiduguri / I Saw Policemen Kill My Dad – Six-year-old Girl / My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.