Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful (3088 Views)

Easter: Kaduna PDP Celebrates Christians, Urges Residents To Pray For Peace / Governor Umahi Makes U Turn,asks Ebonyians To Observe May 31st Sit At Home / “Please Be Prayerful,” Adeleke Tells Supporters Ahead Of Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Kosiso12(f): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
Yuletide : Gov. Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful

Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State has felicitated with Christians, the good people of Ebonyi and all Nigerians, wishing them Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year, Igbere TV reports.

In his message made available to IGBERE TV, Governor Umahi called on all Ebonyians to be prayerful because this is indeed a critical time.

Governor Umahi noted that God in his infinite mercy, despite the challenges of 2020 has been kind to Ebonyi State.

According to him, "indeed we have really developed and this we must thank God almighty and thank each of you, my destiny helpers and those at home, our destiny helpers, we believe strongly that with prayers and commitment to God and with a clean and open heart, we will enter 2021 with faith and with love and so I want Ebonyians to be very positive in their thoughts."

He further said that "all the challenges that are happening are the signs of the end time, it is not peculiar to Nigeria, it is all over the world, so let us be very watchful, let us be very prayerful, let us be very forgiving, let us also work very hard so that by the time our Lord Jesus Christ will come which nobody knows when, we will not be found wanting but we will be with him, celebrating with him. "

Read the full text below,

TEXT OF GOVERNOR DAVID NWEZE UMAHI'S CHRISTMAS MESSAGE TO EBONYI PEOPLE

My good people of Ebonyi State, those living in Ebonyi State and outside the State and even those in diaspora, I count it as a privilege to stand today as your Governor to thank God almighty on your behalf. It is by God's mercy that we are still alive from January 2020 to 24th December, 2020 and by his grace, we will see the end of the year 2020, 2020 will not see our end in Jesus name, Amen.

The year 2020 started on a promising note, everything was moving on very well until the first index of COVID-19 was discovered in February in Nigeria and it was a devastating moment from the onset and we thought it was going to abate but towards October, the COVID-19 curve began to flatten all over the Country and we were very happy again.

Just as the nation was rejoicing over the success against COVID-19 and the devastating effects it gave to the world, then the #Endsars came. The #endsars was a new phenomenon that our country could not properly define but it allowed the good endsars protesters to peacefully make their demands. The EndSARS protest also created an opportunity for the evil ones to cause havoc and mayhem in the country such as, killing, looting and destroying both private, government property.

We thank God as a nation, we thank God as a State that the endsars did not consume us.

In total, we have lost 32 people to COVID-19 for now in Ebonyi State, I must thank the Deputy Governor, the Speaker, my dear wife, the Medical team, Exco members, the Judiciary, the Legislature, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, the CMD of our Teaching Hospital, and all the people who worked so hard, day and night in ensuring that the COVID-19 did not spread in different parts of Ebonyi State.

We thank God so much because we came to the altar and we made a request in the altar and we made a declaration that no man or woman of Ebonyi State will die of COVID-19 again, it was a proclamation of faith that the Bible says that faith without work is dead.

Unfortunately, we are beginning to witness another phase of COVID-19 and it is so terrible in Lagos, in Abuja, we are recording daily COVID-19 cases and so, I plead with my people to avoid large crowd, I plead with my people to embrace social distancing, I plead with my people to use nose masks, and use hand sanitizers.

Traditionally, I also implore you to steam at least twice a day, take natural foods, take supplements, this COVID-19 will still go the way the first one went in Jesus name, Amen.

We are aware of the spate of insecurities in many states of our nation, Nigeria, Ebonyi State was not spared in the past few weeks, we as a people, have declared war against cultism and banditry in Ebonyi State and we have offered a reward to anybody that will lead us to anywhere anybody is training to cause havoc on our people or where any cultist and their members are camping, we will give a handsome reward to any informant and the source of our information will be well protected and reward will also be done in secret.

I ask our people to go about their normal businesses to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and to put their hope positively for 2021.

Let us be very vigilant, let us also be prayerful. It is my prayer for you and your families that 2021 will be a very fruitful and rewarding year. My prayer to Ebonyi people is that all of us will make 1st January, 2021, my prayer is that as we all make it to 1st of January, that we will all make it to 1st January, 2022, in Jesus' name Amen.

I implore you to celebrate in peace and show kindness to your neighbours, to the downtrodden, to the widows, to the the sick.

We have demonstrated this yesterday and today, it will continue till the new year by visiting hospitals, discharging sick people, releasing them from the hospitals where they received medical services and could not pay and were detained, we directed and made money available that all such people's hospital bills should be paid and they should be released. They should also be released with the gifts of Christmas with some bags of rice and with money and wrapper, this we demonstrated yesterday.

God in his infinite mercy, despite the challenges of 2020 has been kind to us as a State, indeed we have really developed and this we must thank God almighty and thank each of you, my destiny helpers and those at home, our destiny helpers, we believe strongly that with prayers and commitment to God and with a clean and open heart, we will enter 2021 with faith and with love and so I want Ebonyians to be very positive in their thoughts.

All the challenges that are happening are the signs of the end time, it is not peculiar to Nigeria, it is all over the world, so let us be very watchful, let us be very prayerful, let us be very forgiving, let us also work very hard so that by the time our Lord Jesus Christ will come which nobody knows when, we will not be found wanting but we will be with him, celebrating with him.

Again, I say happy Christmas and a very joyous and prosperous 2021.
God bless you.

Engr. David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE
Governor of Ebonyi State
December 25, 2020
https://igberetvnews.com/1376592/yuletide-gov-umahi-salutes-christians-urges-ebonyians-prayerful/

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by dikeigbo2(m): 8:30am On Dec 25, 2020
characteristics of Nigerian politicians...always telling the people to be prayerful while they will be enjoying and partying........

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by igboamakaaa: 8:36am On Dec 25, 2020
Umahi is a stooge for the caliphate who has allowed his state to be infiltrated by fulani herdsmen. He has gone as far as has relocating all the herdsmen pursued from neighbouring states to the forests in Ebonyi.
Why is he doing all these? Just to please the Fulani caliphate up north, in reward for a VP slot that he wont get.

Sacrificing and slaughtering your own people on the alter of personal ambition. South East Governors, God is watching all of you!!!
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by ATEAMS: 8:38am On Dec 25, 2020
GOOD MORNING EVERY ONE WISH YOU MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY.❤️
May this day brings moments of love and happiness in your life. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas filled with love and joy!

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Akpuobi1: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2020
Prayer, the only strategy Nigerian politians use to solve problems of the Nigerian community

5 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Godpikin4real(f): 8:39am On Dec 25, 2020
We'd continue 2 watch and pray till Christ comes.
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Lashist(m): 8:39am On Dec 25, 2020
After saying we should be prayerful, these con men will still belong to different ogbonis and secret cults and be flexing life...they should keep their stupid advice for their children and learn to govern with all honesty....merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by DropsMic(m): 8:39am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas to y'all
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 25, 2020
Meow meow

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Dovegrey: 8:40am On Dec 25, 2020
Our next president
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by virginboy1(m): 8:41am On Dec 25, 2020
Nigerians has been prayerful since time immemorial.
Its incompetent leaders that is taking the country backwards. undecided

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Whitecoal711: 8:41am On Dec 25, 2020
Prayerful again, haven't we been doing it, or there something am not understanding,or the Chinese, Singaporean dubai,Are they where they are today through prayer,
abeg spare me the BS
afterall the good book say prayer without work is dead

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by crafteeworld: 8:41am On Dec 25, 2020
Which one be Ebonyians again?

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Bahamas95(m): 8:41am On Dec 25, 2020
Foolish so-called leaders.

Instead of them to do the right thing they will be talking about prayer as if na only them know God........Na so oyibo dey pray? Bast*rds!

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by SpeedyHitman: 8:43am On Dec 25, 2020
Light, Camera, Action!
I'm tired of arguing about prayers!

salaams!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by HelpYourself(m): 8:50am On Dec 25, 2020
The wicked tell you so much about God

They are quick to tell you how you don't believe in God when you question their beliefs

They are always very religious people but yet they are capable of the most evil and wickedness

Now you see why Jesus never went to them he knew that so called unbelievers are the truly righteous and upright

Religion is the greatest evil ever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Onyekamike(m): 8:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Be prayerful is a word use to encourage people especially those that are finding it uneasy. Almighty God we surely protect all of us.
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by OyinO: 8:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Prayers have not changed anything in Nigeria for good. Just shifting the goal posts.
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by OyinO: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2020
GofuckYourself:
The wicked tell you so much about God

They are quick to tell you how you don't believe in God when you question their beliefs

They are always very religious people but yet they are capable of the most evil and wickedness

Now you see why Jesus never went to them he know that so called unbelievers are the truly righteous and upright

Religion is the greatest evil ever

Gbam!!! You're enlightened intellect. Stay Awoken
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by OyinO: 8:55am On Dec 25, 2020
Bahamas95:
Foolish so-called leaders.

Instead of them to do the right thing they will be talking about prayer as if na only them know God........Na so oyibo dey pray? Bast*rds!

They already know that's the easiest way to fOOl, convince, control and manipulate the dumb religious fellowsheeps and faithfools. The oyibo act towards a situation in order to change it instead of praying towards a situation at hand.
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by BigDawsNet: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2020
grin ezi ekeresimesi
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Starships4u(m): 8:58am On Dec 25, 2020
Okay nau
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by AyoConduit: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2020
We already pray more than any other country, let's encourage each other to be more accountable.

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Houseofglam7(f): 9:01am On Dec 25, 2020
undecided
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by ofiko123(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2020
He should also play his own part by providing good governance for the people of Ebonyi state..
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Burruchaga71(m): 9:28am On Dec 25, 2020
Umahi Iscariot we heard you.
Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by Bahamas95(m): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2020
OyinO:

They already know that's the easiest way to fOOl, convince, control and manipulate the dumb religious fellowsheeps and faithfools. The oyibo act towards a situation in order to change it instead of praying towards a situation at hand.
I am not against prayers but I hate it when people most especially politicians talk about prayer instead of doing the needful.

Most Nigerians are too religious and it's fvcking annoying......I don't associate with religious people.

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: Umahi Salutes Christians, Urges Ebonyians To Be Prayerful by XDaBOSS(m): 9:50am On Dec 25, 2020
This village called state...Mtcheww

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Niger Delta Militants Respond Miyyeti Allah / President Results Check It Out / Moment Hilda Baci Was Showing Her Friends The Blisters She Got From Hot Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.