Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO (77812 Views)

Nigerian Woman Laments The Increasing Cost Of Living In Canada / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by saggis: 10:00am On Dec 26, 2020
Lenient001:
Rich people with their s*** complains as if somebody pushed you out to there while you supposed to be enjoying a fug in Nigeria.

She is not rich. If she was rich she would not be there shoveling snow at 9pm in the night. She's probably going to work. Poor people in Nigeria will never understand.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Franktom247(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2020
Person no sabi weytin God do for am she dey yarn opata if na snow go kill person make e kill you at least e better pass make sister bandit and brother boko kill you
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Sannisege: 10:03am On Dec 26, 2020
She's complaining that snow covered her car in Canada. In Nigeria, she won't even have a car

2 Likes

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by JayReeMai(m): 10:04am On Dec 26, 2020
CapodeCapouti:
Wahala for who never go Canada o. See oppression, YouTube videos everywhere.
na YouTube videos most of our single ladies dey do for there with their free time. And most of these videos lack contents and they somehow try to deter Prospective migrants from coming over.

1 Like

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by cliffypatt(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2020
unatryooh:
She should shut up and stop being ridiculous.

so shoving snow that takes less than 2 minutes is so life crushing that she sees it as a sacrifice?

Some people really knows how to nag.

If her full senses were working she would have known that people have been living there and other colder places for thousands of years. Even with the cold there are people who would still leave a safe warm climate and migrate to colder regions.

If not that she is chasing clout, she would have known that one of the "worst" places to live in is the tropical weather. Infested with bugs, mosquitoes, venomous reptiles and other disease carrying rodents ( almost all year round) before crying over cold weather that last not more than 6 months all together in a year.

She should stop nagging and come home, after all even with insecurity that she is complaining about, 200 millions Nigerians are still living in Naija.

Instead of being grateful to God for the opportunity she is here nagging.

Edit.

For those of your insulting me. Look up the number of people that died from heatwaves in the last years and compare to dying from cold.

Or the number of people dying from hunger or malaria (tropical disease) every year.

My point is life is not easy anywhere and shoving off snow off your car is a little inconvenience compare to what most people go through in lives everyday around the world.

When are we going to start appreciating God's favor in our lives?

Good
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by PoliteActivist: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2020
unatryooh:

You are absolutely right.

But she chalked up her frustration on cleaning snow off her car that took her less time than it take some African kids that has to go fetch water or fire woods before going to class everyday. We don't see them nagging about it.

I think she's using shoveling snow just as example. U can wake up one day and realuse u just truly hate the place, yet can't think of going back home. Also u have to compare equals - if she were in Nigeria her children won't be going through all that u mentioned

1 Like

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2020
olurili:
the hustle is real, pay me. 5h make I download
I'll give u 2h.

It's about to expire in 3 hrs embarassed
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Snakedoctor1: 10:07am On Dec 26, 2020
film3four:
Nigerian lady living in Toronto Canada narrates the odd side of living in Canada. The cold weather condition in Canada is one of the worst in the world. She narrates her experience living in Canada, also she tried to draw some veiled comparison between Nigeria and Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i6iGzHCtkc
My goodness. There they go again. How did this make the front page? This is ridiculous, just about the whether, cold? Gooosh.
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Blackdisciple(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2020
I will love to stay in such area because of the cold
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by JayReeMai(m): 10:10am On Dec 26, 2020
oluwaahmed:

Don't mind her, thats how nigerians do. Unlike indians and other asians once dey enter one place, their village is next.
Asians too love to see themselves make it. I read an article on Indians, it said once one person enters Canada or USA, the person has an obligation to sponsor one family member down and this person will most likely do it with his/her money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Lenient001: 10:10am On Dec 26, 2020
saggis:

She is not rich. If she was rich she would not be there shoveling snow at 9pm in the night. She's probably going to work. Poor people in Nigeria will never understand.

I wish I could understand your quote bro.
"she is not rich"!
Does a poor person travel out??

2 Likes

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by PoliteActivist: 10:10am On Dec 26, 2020
Sannisege:
She's complaining that snow covered her car in Canada. In Nigeria, she won't even have a car

How do u know? Maybe she had a good life in 9ja before she ran for paradise. That's why, u have to know a person's particular circumstances

2 Likes

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by PoliteActivist: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2020
kushe:

A percent of a percent is simply put one in ten thousand.

Meaning? How does this relate to what I said?
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by udomma1005(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2020
tyup:

Saying she should come back to Nigeria in a simple term would have saved you this stress. what do you think?
E just waste ink for him biro the write long_long essay

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Odkosh: 10:18am On Dec 26, 2020
SweetJoystick:
Make she come back, make space dey for us wey wan go Canada
Abi o
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by PoliteActivist: 10:19am On Dec 26, 2020
Blackdisciple:
I will love to stay in such area because of the cold

Oh yes, you'd be enjoying cold, and covid quarantine, and flu, and depression due to lack of sunlight, and being constantly weighed down by heavy garments, and boredom, etc
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by PoliteActivist: 10:21am On Dec 26, 2020
JayReeMai:
Asians too love to see themselves make it. I read an article on Indians, it said once one person enters Canada or USA, the person has an obligation to sponsor one family member down and this person will most likely do it with his/her money.

So who'd be left in India - that's why it is a shithole
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Btruth: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2020
tyup:

Saying she should come back to Nigeria in a simple term would have saved you this stress. what do you think?
beeni.....a simple "why not come back to Nigeria" would have been better.

grin
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by unatryooh: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2020
PoliteActivist:

I think she's using shoveling snow just as example. U can wake up one day and realuse u just truly hate the place, yet can't think of going back home. Also u have to compare equals - if she were in Nigeria her children won't be going through all that u mentioned

For the fact that life has given her a leg up and she chose to hold on to little inconvenience is what pissed me off ( without me considering there could be other underlying reasons for her complaints).

Bros I sieve through reports of children health across the globe everyday and of women's health. I get piss when I see people with better opportunities in life nag about things that deos not matter.

Here most of my colleagues have learnt not to complain about the train or metro delaying for 5 minutes (for them it ruin their joy for the rest of the day) . Funny thing is that most of them that have lived elsewhere Africa and South America never complain about the little live inconveniences but they have come to appreciate life more.

Yes, I should have chose my choice of words nicely but being a Nigerian "you know as e dey do us for body"
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Ten06(m): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2020
Who knows if it is these kind of cold weather that made them wiser than hmmm?

1 Like

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by unatryooh: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2020
Ten06:

Trying to think in hot weather hard ooh. You may have a point. grin

1 Like

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Tapout(m): 10:32am On Dec 26, 2020
But please their weather is something else...if you've ever entered a telecoms Data Center/DRC, you would understand her plight. But I'll still choose a cup of snow over Nigeria cheesy
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by PoliteActivist: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2020
unatryooh:

For the fact that life has given her a leg up and she chose to hold on to little inconvenience is what pissed me off ( without me considering there could be other underlying reasons for her complaints).

Bros I sieve through reports of children health across the globe everyday and of women's health. I get piss when I see people with better opportunities in life nag about things that deos not matter.

Here most of my colleagues have learnt not to complain about the train or metro delaying for 5 minutes (for them it ruin their joy for the rest of the day) . Funny thing is that most of them that have lived elsewhere Africa and South America never complain about the little live inconveniences but they have come to appreciate life more.

Yes, I should have chose my choice of words nicely but being a Nigerian "you know as e dey do us for body"

But how can she see it as a leg up if she is unhappy to the point of suicide, which by the way is higher in Canada. An unhappy/depressed person will complain about anything

2 Likes

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by saggis: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2020
Ten06:

Yes. It contributed a lot. They were forced to think of ways to conquer the cold weather and survive. Our African ancestors never had such problems. The weather and the entire African environment was condusive. So our ancestors were chilling under the mango tree all day, butt naked, drinking palm wine. There was little stress. Food and fresh meat were readily available.

3 Likes

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by Agugbadin: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2020
All her complaints are nothing compared to Nigeria where insecurity is the order of the day. As a female in Nigeria, you can move about freely, you can be kidnapped and your body parts used for rituals. Canada is still 100% better than Nigeria regardless of the weather.

1 Like

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by unatryooh: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2020
PoliteActivist:

But how can she see it as a leg up if she is unhappy to the point of suicide, which by the way is higher in Canada. An unhappy/depressed person will complain about anything

That is why we need to give her a reality check.

I must admit that if she is suffering from depression being in Canada or Nigeria does not change her mental state ( I understand that the sun helps but it is not a cure). All she needs is a doctor and I am certain she will get better care over there than in Nigeria.
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by hush15: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2020
film3four:
Nigerian lady living in Toronto Canada narrates the odd side of living in Canada. The cold weather condition in Canada is one of the worst in the world. She narrates her experience living in Canada, also she tried to draw some veiled comparison between Nigeria and Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i6iGzHCtkc

What she doesn't realize is that if it snowed in Nigeria or if Nigeria was located where Canada is located, Nigeria wouldn't be any better! At least, she can see light all around, drive a good care, enjoy a fairly good life! In Nigeria, even the basic necessity of life is a far fetched luxury.

She is not a contented person.
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by PoliteActivist: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2020
Tapout:
But please their weather is something else...if you've ever entered a telecoms Data Center/DRC, you would understand her plight. But I'll still choose a cup of snow over Nigeria cheesy

The weather is not a problem if you are HAPPY. Complaining about weather is just a sign of general unhapiness

1 Like

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by unatryooh: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2020
saggis:

Yes. It contributed a lot. They were forced to think of ways to conquer the cold weather and survive. Our African ancestors never had such problems. The weather and the entire African environment was condusive. So our ancestors were chilling under the mango tree all day, butt naked, drinking palm wine. There was little stress. Food and fresh meat were readily available.
I think you might be pushing it far. Africa is not that all rosy ooh. It is home to some dangerous animals and parasites. I would think that the conflicts between numerous tribes contributed more to its stunted growth than the benevolence of its weather.
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by PoliteActivist: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2020
unatryooh:

That is why we need to give her a reality check.

I must admit that if she is suffering from depression being in Canada or Nigeria does not change her mental state ( I understand that the sun helps but it is not a cure). All she needs is a doctor and I am certain she will get better care over there than in Nigeria.

That's the point - it is not material things that makes for a person's happiness otherwise developed countries won't have higher suicide rates. There are many social supports she'd have had in Nigeria that are not available to her in Canada.
The weather is not a problem if you are HAPPY. Complaining about weather is just a sign of general unhapiness
Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by OChimex: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2020
flokii:
I don't envy folks living in those countries with extreme weather conditions.. If only we had good leaders and everyone doing what is right, who would dream of running overseas? instead the Whites would be the ones running to Africa to enjoy our weather.

I hope Blacks in Africa get their acts right fsomeday.

First sad truth, you will never have a good leader until the world ends. Reason , blacks are the most wicked, jealous, greedy and selfish sect in the world.

Second sad truth, Blacks when it comes to leadership quality have it zero due to those things mentioned above and as a group, they will never get their acts right.

As individuals, they might prosper.

2 Likes

Re: See The Odd Side Of Living In Canada: Nigerian Lady Experience: PICS & VIDEO by ibabz(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2020
Madam, no one forces you to live in Canada. If you are not comfortable with the snow, biko, come back to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.