Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

KNUST University Ghana In Pictures - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / KNUST University Ghana In Pictures (63339 Views)

KNUST University Ghana Tour In Pictures / Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures / Knust Currently The Best Uni In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by abdulhakim3(m): 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
Those saying Ghana has only 7 universities, abeg make una check the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/5901960/public-universities-ghana

2 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by rossoki: 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

Universities' rankings na. Most Ghanaian public universities are highly ranked than their Nigerian counterpart and they don't go on strikes!

FALSE.

Ghana universities are ranked very low in Africa:

Nigeria has 3 universities in Africa's top 20.

Ghana has ZERO.

Plus Nigeria has FOUR universities that are higher ranked than the University of Ghana, their top uni.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-africa

1 Like

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Gerrard59(m): 11:31pm On Jan 08, 2021
DEEBOZZ:
All am seeing is 3D pictures!

Have u been To my school America University of Nigeria, Yola?

You would hate to post all these trash next time if u have been there .

Stop intimidating the gullible and inferior minds of some of our government university's students please cheesy wink cheesy

AUN is a private university which the average Nigerian cannot attend while KNUST is a public varsity which the average Ghanaian can go to. To cap it, KNUST is highly ranked than AUN.

So, what is your point?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
rossoki:

Village dunce telling others to travel.

When you stop smoking codeine mixed with weed, then your dumb little head will calm down.

Thuggish illiterate typing rubbish.
Maybe coz I'm a Thug...But the Codeine with Weed Shiit dey be dey be ohh...Na one Bloody Raw. grin
See as you dey shout illiterate illiterate...Shows u never saw the four falls of a university.
By the way,The Whole of ona Village People put together including you Illiterate parents and uncles no one read book pass me.
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Gerrard59(m): 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
rossoki:

FALSE.

Ghana universities are ranked very low in Africa:

Nigeria has 3 universities in Africa's top 20.

Ghana has ZERO.

Plus Nigeria has FOUR universities that are higher ranked than the University of Ghana, their top uni.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-africa

My bad, I used previous rankings. However, the strike aspect still stands.

1 Like

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by rossoki: 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

AUN is a private university which the average Nigerian cannot attend while KNUST is a public varsity which the average Ghanaian can go to. To cap it, KNUST is highly ranked than AUN.

So, what is your point?

Where is your source for the claim that ''KNUST is higher ranked than AUN''

You can't just make a claim with no source. Post your link, or stop lying.

And NO. The average Ghanaian cannot attend KNUST. They need high scores to get in there, so enrolment will be skewed in favour of those who attended private secondary schools or elite govt secondary schools with higher grades.
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Wizzzzmike: 11:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
rossoki:

You are a dunce. The reason Nigerians don't know it much is because Nigeria is INUNDATED with universities (over 200), so it doesn't stand out, as it would in a place like Ghana with only 7 to 10 unis.

Mosquito brain. Don't think before typing,

Lol ant brain we don't need 200 universities in Ghana kid. FYI we have more than 7 and ur over 200 can't beat any lol cry me a river envy kid lol

2 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by rossoki: 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Lol ant brain we don't need 200 universities in Ghana kid. FYI we have more than 7 and ur over 200 can't beat any lol cry me a river envy kid lol

Drug-addled dunce. I just posted a link of Times Higher Education World rankings 2021 - the number one ranking source of world universities, and it shows 4 Nigerian universities ranked higher than your top university.

Are you too high or drunk to read the link?

5 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
rossoki:

Drug-addled dunce. I just posted a link of Times Higher Education World rankings 2021 - the number one ranking source of world universities, and it shows 4 Nigerian universities ranked higher than your top university.

Are you too high or drunk to read the link?

You this Half Brained DustBin Rat that shuttles only Ibadan/ Lagos express road..When will you wake up to Reality and Travel so you can become Whole again.

2 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by elbulk(m): 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
symbianDON:
bros leave that thing....there are decent public universities too here

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by rossoki: 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
DemonInvoker:

You this Half Brained DustBin Rat that shuttles only Ibadan to Lagos...When will you wake up to Reality and Travel so you can become Whole again.

Abeg shut up and go back to your drugs. Worthless little maggot coming here to big with lies and false claims.

Come here and lie again, and let me use facts to scatter your fcking face. Idiot.

3 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by abdulhakim3(m): 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
a lecture theatre

2 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Gerrard59(m): 12:02am On Jan 09, 2021
[quote author=rossoki post=97865664]

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/kwame-nkrumah-university-science-technology-529441

And NO. The average Ghanaian cannot attend KNUST. They need high scores to get in there, so enrolment will be skewed in favour of those who attended private secondary schools or elite govt secondary schools with higher grades.

You would have to support the claim where privately educated/elite public students at secondary school levels are admitted at higher rates into public universities in Ghana than their counterparts from public secondary schools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by rossoki: 12:08am On Jan 09, 2021
^^^^ Very dodgy link. US News and World Report are not a respected authority in world university rankings. They are just a newspaper.

Even then, University of Ibadan, Nigeria is still ranked above any Ghana university, even by their own rankings:

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/africa

2 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Appisko: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2021
rossoki:
I repeat. Most Nigerians are not even aware that Fed University of Agriculture, Abeokuta EXISTS.

Ghana, you're not Nigeria's mates.

Go and drag with Sierra Leone and Gambia.

See this drunkard the guy posting is a Nigerian and . who wants to compare himselves to a failed country like Nigeria

1 Like

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2021
rossoki:

Abeg shut up and go back to your drugs. Worthless little maggot coming here to big with lies and false claims.

Come here and lie again, and let me use facts to scatter your fcking face. Idiot.
Seems you have nothing better to do....Why not Sleep..I'm sure I wouldn't have answered you if i was truly smoking and it's pitifully sad to see you have a head with less brains in it....You need to start smoking some weed ohh to help cover the vacuum in your brain....Blooody,DimWit.
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by EGBELAEDDA(m): 12:17am On Jan 09, 2021
sacajawea:
The School Beats all Nigerian Schools Hands Down!

SHUT UP

1 Like

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by EGBELAEDDA(m): 12:24am On Jan 09, 2021
[color=#000000][/color]
symbianDON:
bros leave that thing....there are decent public universities too here

You dey mind that guy
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Qunu: 12:26am On Jan 09, 2021
Simply cool
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by EGBELAEDDA(m): 12:29am On Jan 09, 2021
[color=#000000][/color]
Incognito403:

Beats wetin?

It's like you attended a private university or you're still in secondary school.

Some polytechnics here are better than it, not to even talk about state universities or federal universities.
Don't mind the Idiot

2 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by EGBELAEDDA(m): 12:36am On Jan 09, 2021
[color=#000000][/color]
ccollins:
what is there to be proud. Nigeria system has ruined a lot of young persons and potentials. does anything work in Nigeria with regards to public infrastructure, public education, light e.t.c why are Nigerian politicians always clamouring for privatisation in certain vital sectors of Nigeria economy. because they have all agreed that corruption, looting, intransparency and all sorts of amoral malfeasance has defeated them .ASUU has been on strike for up to 9 months but does fg care.

So Ghana with only 30,000,000 citizens is now better than Nigeria.. Rubbish
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Donpruddy(f): 12:59am On Jan 09, 2021
ToluNazzal:
I think Covenant University still looks better though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tZBhZqN-EE

Covenant university is private whiles knust is public.
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Donpruddy(f): 1:03am On Jan 09, 2021
rossoki:

In Ghana most public senior high schools do better than the private one admission is more skewed to the public schools

1 Like

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 09, 2021
The sculpture.
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by 360command: 1:13am On Jan 09, 2021
Miracle1991:
Rubbish! This is a Nigerian forum. The same Ghana that pursued your brothers are the people you want to favour with your hypocrisy. How many times did you see ghanians posting Nigerian University in their forums.
they can't because your universities are shit..

2 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Gerrard59(m): 1:17am On Jan 09, 2021
rossoki:
^^^^ Very dodgy link. US News and World Report are not a respected authority in world university rankings. They are just a newspaper.

Even then, University of Ibadan, Nigeria is still ranked above any Ghana university, even by their own rankings:

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/africa

https://www.webometrics.info/en/detalles/knust.edu.gh

Before you complain about Webometrics: https://libguides.library.cityu.edu.hk/researchimpact/university-ranking-lists

Then again, I conceded on Nigerian public universities being highly ranked than her Ghanaian counterparts. However, the current basis for my argument is about AUN and how it is inaccessible to the average Nigerian meanwhile KNUST is and to cap it, the latter is highly ranked than the former.

Do not change the goalpost in the middle of the game, and please choose a struggle.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Memberclub(m): 1:18am On Jan 09, 2021
sacajawea:
The School Beats all Nigerian Schools Hands Down!
Village boy lol
Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by 360command: 1:26am On Jan 09, 2021
Coldie:
Them don send una to come advertise attract Nigerian students abi
you have not studied in this school..

I have both studied in Nigeria and Ghana, aside from the fact that in Nigeria we do not take care of the surroundings, elephant grasses grows as tall as we humans, the buildings, equipment ,materials used in completing a school are substandard.

Forget those pictures you see about the beauty of any Nigerian university which they are trying to use that for publicity, even if you cannot go to any Nigerian school to see for yourself, I will advice you to watch any nollywood movies acting a scene in any Nigerian university, you will see dirty road, muddy road, grasses not cut, chairs are dirty, windows are broken or bad..

Even the painting they use in Nigerian university, you can see it is of low quality.. even the hostels in any Nigerian university , the ones for the public, it is so bad.. 7 to 15 people are living inside a room, so hot,so smelly, so dark...this cannot be said of ghana.. go to their hostels in public schools,it is neat..

If you want to compare Nigerian universities with Ghana university, please compare it with Cote d'ivoire, Burkina Faso, Togo.. not Ghana..

4 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Vlain: 2:39am On Jan 09, 2021
abdulhakim3:
a lecture theatre

Nonsense compare this Ur mushroom theatre hall to this one in unilag.

5 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Vlain: 2:42am On Jan 09, 2021
Ghana no reach us Anywhere.
Unilag

2 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Vlain: 2:44am On Jan 09, 2021
I repeat am.say Ghana no reach.

Unilag

3 Likes

Re: KNUST University Ghana In Pictures by Vlain: 2:49am On Jan 09, 2021
How many ghanian universities reach Bayero University Kano.(B.u.k)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) / Cultist Clash: 9 Students Shot Dead In Abia State University (ABSU) / Top 50 Universities In Africa 2015 - Latest Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.