Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas (542 Views)

What Happened At My First Burial Job As A Photographer. / Anambra Man Holds His Daughters Tradition Married In Lekki Due To Insecurity / Hampers And Gift Items For Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by Cyberterror: 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
When we were little, we used to visit our neighbors and family friends on Christmas day. It was a common sight to see a pilgrimage of children in colourful clothes walking on the streets going from house to house meeting with friends. They are usually entertained with soft drinks and some chewables and then offered some money when they are about to leave. It was a wonderful experience on Christmas days then. When did this tradition end because for many years now, we no longer see this communal love during Christmas??
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by thesicilian: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2020
We now live in perilous times
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by Kzinne: 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2020
Stupid question cos you are no longer a child so how will you know?
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by Cyberterror: 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2020
thesicilian:
We now live in perilous times
Since the beginning of the world, the times have always been perilous.
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2020
dead
the corntree is not smiling
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by TooMuchStuff: 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hahahahahahhahahahah...! OP you be area pikin

The tradition has not died in my locality o. Awon colourful boys with plastic eye glasses and static wrist watches are right now parading in my village. Me don drop mints N100 taya sef...!

Awon Happy Christmas tax collectors....

It's mostly the culture of lower social class in Nigeria. The rich kids don't do that at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by tollyboy5(m): 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2020
Kzinne:
Stupid question cos you are no longer a child so how will you know?
He's right. Many uncles are broke now. No be those days when uncles will be asking. Are you not coming to my house?
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by Cyberterror: 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Hahahahahahhahahahah...! OP you be area pikin

The tradition has not died in my locality o. Awon colourful boys with plastic eye glasses and static wrist watches are right now parading in my village. Me don drop mints N100 taya sef...!

Awon Happy Christmas tax collectors....

It's mostly the culture of lower social class in Nigeria. The rich kids don't do that at all.

Of course not in villages. Township kids then, it was all levels of the socio-economic strata. We don't see it in the townships these days.
Re: What Happened To The Tradition Of Children Visiting For Christmas by HolyMakanaki(m): 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
All Of Them Are Now Yahoo Boys

(1) (Reply)

Project Management, Monitoring And Evaluation Using Microsoft Project / Curly Hairstyles To Try Right Now / Online Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.