Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301409 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samgalaxy: 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2021
VISA ALERT!!!!!

Application submission: 6th January 2021

Biometrics: 13th January 2021

Standard, although I paid for priority but priority was suspended that day ( Still waiting for refund of my 220 pounds).

Decision and collection mail: 1st February 2021

Delivered by DHL: 2nd February 2021

I was worried when I saw some refusals because small things like few naira difference on account statement but God magnified himself.

Glory to God.
Thank you everyone for your help and support.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Samgalaxy:
VISA ALERT!!!!!

Standard, although I paid for priority but priority was suspended that day ( Still waiting for refund of my 220 pounds).

I was worried when I saw some refusals because small things like few naira difference on account statement but God magnified himself.

Glory to God.

Congratulations! Happy for you grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gracedom:

Congratulations! Happy for you grin
@gracedom, I can't access the email linked to nairaland o. I advise you reach me on amarimee@outlook.com
What's the update on your visas? accommodation na big maths for UWS o but we go survive. Buzz me please.we are still in naija
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Opp27: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Yes it's most likely an automated message due to the backlog because I also received such mail too last Monday (25th) and up till now I haven't got any further mail. Its 18 working days today since I did biometrics (family of 5).

I don't know if its the number of applicants that's causing the delay in their response.

Note: I (main applicant) have never been denied any visa or had any issues abroad so I do not fall into the category stated for a non straightforward mail.

It's so tiring.

zillaboy:
Its an automated message.

Be calm and await your visa on your passport. Got this for my wife and got the visa after 3 days.

Many things could cause this.

1. There is a backlog and they cannot meet up with timelines.

2. Reconfirming the reason for your previous visa denials

3. A documentation they need clarity on. Etc

Abeg calm down and sip zobo

If they need more information you will be contacted

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
Anyone please?
Horlaidey007:
Anyone studying Cyber Security at the University of Sunderland?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oluwaloseyi2009: 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
My mind never still settle ooo. Guess we are all doing good . Plss house professionals I got this mail from the embassy this morning and I don’t understand .
In my application I declare a visa refusal Ireland and was sent this mail below . Plss I need ur help to explain my stand at this point .

Thank you for your UK Visa application GW................ which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days , and Settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service).

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Regards,

UKVI Pretoria

Plsss house I need more input on my stand with them .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
awumen:

@gracedom, I can't access the email linked to nairaland o. I advise you reach me on amarimee@outlook.com
What's the update on your visas? accommodation na big maths for UWS o but we go survive. Buzz me please.we are still in naija

Ok I’ll send u a mail. No news yet for my dependents visa and I can’t move without baby. I just weak jare.
Ewo! Is accommodation that tough? I’ll send you a mail now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Youngdenzel2: 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
When was your biometrics? And is it standard or priority?

oluwaloseyi2009:
My mind never still settle ooo. Guess we are all doing good . Plss house professionals I got this mail from the embassy this morning and I don’t understand .
In my application I declare a visa refusal Ireland and was sent this mail below . Plss I need ur help to explain my stand at this point .

Thank you for your UK Visa application GW................ which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days , and Settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service).

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Regards,

UKVI Pretoria

Plsss house I need more input on my stand with them .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by gigi24: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2021
@justwise and every guru in the house.

Good afternoon.

My case;

I applied for dependent visa twice in 2012 but go a refusal after which I applied for a student visa in 2014 got yet another refusal the reason was i didn't tell them who was sponsoring my studies when this wasn't asked at interview.

Fast forward to me taking up the case for Administrative review and was denied took my case up for a judicial review got a lawyer to plead my case.
After every back and forth for over a year Home office decided to settle out of court and pay all my legal fees spent on the case back and asked me to bring my documents for reconsideration of my visa on or before the 25th of December 2015.

However, I didn't bother to go on with my studies as the school(colwell college) I got admission with had been closed down by home office plus i got a new job June of 2015 and a decision was made by December 2015

I lost my full tuition paid to them too because i couldn't get in touch or trace them.

fast-forward to the present day.

I intend going for a Masters degree in September I have gotten admission from HULL and Yorkshire st john to study MBA.

Here are my questions; would I have a problem with the ECOS because I didn't send in my documents for the visa at that time if I made a fresh application this year?

Would a cover letter make up for this?

Do I need to get a lawyer to help me with this? the lawyer that handled my case at the time is on study leave and can't do anything for me at the moment.

Please your advice and guidance would be very much appreciated.

@mimilicious @justwise @everybody with experience and great guidance please come out help a sister.

Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by damzydaymond: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Doodoo10:

How much is their school fees please.

Kindly send a mail to damzydaymond@gmail.com. I can’t access my mail here. Or u drop your mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Iyafife: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
Can I use someone outside my school as my Academic referee? Itz been 7 years after graduation and I ve been trying to contact my project supervisor but I haven't gotten a feedback from hin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oluwaloseyi2009: 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
Did my biometric on the 28th Jan. Priority
Youngdenzel2:

When was your biometrics? And is it standard or priority?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by stunning4real: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
cutieb:
Long Post Visa Alert

The process for Hubby (main applicant) and I with 3 kids (family of 5)

Unconditional offer from Edinburgh Napier University: 25th November
Tuition part payment of £3500
CAS received within 24hrs after sending POF
TB test appointment: 29th December
Application submitted for hubby on the 5th of January and the rest of us 7th January.
Standard Biometrics appointment: self-service for hubby, and 37k for prime time for myself (got Monday 11th January) the kids 2 got 12th January but had to pay for prime time for one of them as I couldn't get a free appointment for him.

Decision & collection mail for my 3rd son (US citizen): January 29th (14days)
Decision & collection mail for hubby, myself and 2 kids: February 1st (15 &16 days respectively )
Hubby picked up all passports 1st February

*Financial Analysis*
Total bank balance: £44,249 ($45,300 in joint dom account and 6m in hubby's account)
1. Main Applicant: £19,769
Living Expenses £1023*9= £9207
Tuition Balance: £10,562
2. Spouse: £680*9= £6120
3. Dependants (3):£680*3*9= £18,360

Process
1. Tuition: £14,062
Part-payment: £3,500
Balance £10,562

2. Tuberculosis test #184,960
2 Adult: #115,600
3 Kids: #69,360

3. Medical surcharge: Paid through Paga £940/$1320.44 #2,027,490.9
Hubby #503,356.61
Me $999.56 #381,033.57
Kids x3 $999.56 #1,143,100.7

Please note that I used hubby's course end date hence the calculation

4. Visa fees £348/$493 (£1740) paid through Paga #939,662.38
Hubby #187,933.42
Me #187,932.24
3 Kids #563,796.72

Documents submitted:
Hubby: Main applicant
Bank statement
TB certificate
BSc certificate
Birth certificate

Dependants:
Me
1. Marriage certificate
2. TB certificate and attached doctors report (my report came out abnormal with slight heart enlargement of 0.55 due to pregnancy, so I attached the document reflecting the cause of the abnormality)
3. Change of name newspaper publication
4. I attached a few wedding pictures
5. Bank statement

Kids
1. Signed consent letters
2. TB certificate
3. Bank statement
4. Birth certificates

To God alone be all the glory!
Edinburgh, here we come
Well detailed report.
Foreign land will favour you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Jenireva1: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hello everyone... please can i pay for my cas from a bank account that’s different from the account i intend to use and apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Wegothere:
He has done great things!!!

VISA! VISA!! VISA!!! VISA!!!!

Biometrics:
Main Applicant - December 16, 2020
Dependent (3) - December 21, 2020
Visa application - Standard.

After 18 working days of biometrics without any update, I sent a mail to UK VI and got a response that my case has been escalated.

On January 21, 2021 (23 working days after biometrics), I got a non-straightforward mail.

Collection/Decision mail - January 29, 2021 (29 working days after biometrics).

Today February 1, 2021 passports collected and all applications approved.

My conclusion and take away from Nairaland.
Standard application is a long waiting game that requires serious patience. Don't box yourself into any timeframe that may give you high BP. If you do everything right and provide the required genuine documents, application will be granted.

The waiting period was really frustrating.

I return all glory to God for His faithfulness over me and my family.

For those still waiting and prospective applicant, God will grant you, your heart desire.
please did TLS sent the collection and decision mails or uk sent directly?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
Samgalaxy:
VISA ALERT!!!!!

Congrats.did you get collection/decision mail both from tls or uk?

Glory to God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Justwise please can you un-delete

babajeje123:
Interview questions.
1. Confirm your name and date of birth
2. Why the UK? After I responded, then he asked
3. How did you know that countries like US, Canada and Australia don't have the benefits you highlighted
4. Did you research about other countries to know what they have to offer?
5. Why the University of your choice?
6. Are you saying other UK Universities don't have what you mentioned?
7. Did you apply to other Universities? Name the Universities
8. So, why do you prefer your University to these ones?
9. Your course
10. Why the course?
11. Course modules?
12. Which of the modules are you looking forward to studying?
13. What have you been doing since you finished in 2xxx?
14. Mention those places you have worked and the number of years you spent at each of them?
15. Have you run any postgraduate degree?
16. Are there no Universities in your home country where you can study this course? I said yes, then he asked
17. Why do you now want to leave your home country where you can study the same course at an affordable price?
18. What are your future plans?
19. Which one of them are you particular about? I mentioned a profession, then he asked
20. What are the requirements for being a XXXX?
21. Where did you get the information?
22. Can you mention the exact place where you will probably work when you return?
23. What much would you be earning?
24. How much are you currently earning?
25. Where do you work?
26. Tell me how your first degree relate to your intended course of study
27. Do you have anything to say?
28. Are you happy with this interview?
You will receive a decision mail in a couple of days.
Above were the questions I was asked, I'm not sure whether I missed out anything.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
gigi24:
@justwise and every guru in the house.

Good afternoon.

My case;

I applied for dependent visa twice in 2012 but go a refusal after which I applied for a student visa in 2014 got yet another refusal the reason was i didn't tell them who was sponsoring my studies when this wasn't asked at interview.

Fast forward to me taking up the case for Administrative review and was denied took my case up for a judicial review got a lawyer to plead my case.
After every back and forth for over a year Home office decided to settle out of court and pay all my legal fees spent on the case back and asked me to bring my documents for reconsideration of my visa on or before the 25th of December 2015.

However, I didn't bother to go on with my studies as the school(colwell college) I got admission with had been closed down by home office plus i got a new job June of 2015 and a decision was made by December 2015

I lost my full tuition paid to them too because i couldn't get in touch or trace them.

fast-forward to the present day.

I intend going for a Masters degree in September I have gotten admission from HULL and Yorkshire st john to study MBA.

Here are my questions; would I have a problem with the ECOS because I didn't send in my documents for the visa at that time if I made a fresh application this year?

Would a cover letter make up for this?

Do I need to get a lawyer to help me with this? the lawyer that handled my case at the time is on study leave and can't do anything for me at the moment.

Please your advice and guidance would be very much appreciated.

@mimilicious @justwise @everybody with experience and great guidance please come out help a sister.

Thank you!

I will contribute later today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Shizzyguy: 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good day all. Please what would suffice as details of previous employment. I had this guy I worked with sometime ago and he recently reach out to me that he was planning to apply to a school in the UK. He doesn't have a BSc but from what he told me the school he wants to apply to considers people with a minimum number of years of working experience which he said he has. The thing is that the company we both worked for at the time no longer exists as the owner passed away a few years ago and everything went belly up after. He was employed as a contract staff then via a community slot and there was no employment letter issued to those employed through that route and their renumeration was paid in cash so basically there is no record of him working for the coy. Now that he can't get a reference letter and was never given an employment letter, please what else can he submit as evidence of previous employment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by gigi24: 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2021
Thank you.

I look forward to your contribution.

justwise:

I will contribute later today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Anitaamich: 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
Please for someone that printed his statement showing the 28days before his online application, does he still need to print another statement to go for his appointment? His appointment is on Thursday, I need replies so he doesn’t make a mistake. Don’t read and pass pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
babajeje123:
Interview questions.
3. How did you know that countries like US, Canada and Australia don't have the benefits you highlighted

Your interviewer did not come to play at all...... so many questions. Welldone and thanks for sharing babajeje123

Thanks justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by grafikii: 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hello guys, my sister got a collection mail today, there's nothing in the mail showing if the visa was approved or not. Is this normal?
Also the application tracker shows "at decision Centre"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
Wow,Ur ECO really drilled you. Glad u got it and thanks for sharing
babajeje123:
Interview questions.
4. Did you research about other countries to know what they have to offer?
5. Why the University of your choice?
6. Are you saying other UK Universities don't have what you mentioned?
7. Did you apply to other Universities? Name the Universities
8. So, why do you prefer your University to these ones?
9. Your course
10. Why the course?
11. Course modules?
12. Which of the modules are you looking forward to studying?
13. What have you been doing since you finished in 2xxx?
14. Mention those places you have worked and the number of years you spent at each of them?
15. Have you run any postgraduate degree?
16. Are there no Universities in your home country where you can study this course? I said yes, then he asked
17. Why do you now want to leave your home country where you can study the same course at an affordable price?
18. What are your future plans?
19. Which one of them are you particular about? I mentioned a profession, then he asked
20. What are the requirements for being a XXXX?
21. Where did you get the information?
22. Can you mention the exact place where you will probably work when you return?
23. What much would you be earning?
24. How much are you currently earning?
25. Where do you work?
26. Tell me how your first degree relate to your intended course of study
27. Do you have anything to say?
28. Are you happy with this interview?
You will receive a decision mail in a couple of days.
Above were the questions I was asked, I'm not sure whether I missed out anything.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Santa2: 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
cutieb:
Long Post Visa Alert

The process for Hubby (main applicant) and I with 3 kids (family of 5)

Unconditional offer from Edinburgh Napier University: 25th November
Tuition part payment of £3500
CAS received within 24hrs after sending POF
TB test appointment: 29th December
Application submitted for hubby on the 5th of January and the rest of us 7th January.
Standard Biometrics appointment: self-service for hubby, and 37k for prime time for myself (got Monday 11th January) the kids 2 got 12th January but had to pay for prime time for one of them as I couldn't get a free appointment for him.

Decision & collection mail for my 3rd son (US citizen): January 29th (14days)
Decision & collection mail for hubby, myself and 2 kids: February 1st (15 &16 days respectively )
Hubby picked up all passports 1st February

*Financial Analysis*
Total bank balance: £44,249 ($45,300 in joint dom account and 6m in hubby's account)
1. Main Applicant: £19,769
Living Expenses £1023*9= £9207
Tuition Balance: £10,562
2. Spouse: £680*9= £6120
3. Dependants (3):£680*3*9= £18,360

Process
1. Tuition: £14,062
Part-payment: £3,500
Balance £10,562

2. Tuberculosis test #184,960
2 Adult: #115,600
3 Kids: #69,360

3. Medical surcharge: Paid through Paga £940/$1320.44 #2,027,490.9
Hubby #503,356.61
Me $999.56 #381,033.57
Kids x3 $999.56 #1,143,100.7

Please note that I used hubby's course end date hence the calculation

4. Visa fees £348/$493 (£1740) paid through Paga #939,662.38
Hubby #187,933.42
Me #187,932.24
3 Kids #563,796.72

Documents submitted:
Hubby: Main applicant
Bank statement
TB certificate
BSc certificate
Birth certificate

Dependants:
Me
1. Marriage certificate
2. TB certificate and attached doctors report (my report came out abnormal with slight heart enlargement of 0.55 due to pregnancy, so I attached the document reflecting the cause of the abnormality)
3. Change of name newspaper publication
4. I attached a few wedding pictures
5. Bank statement

Kids
1. Signed consent letters
2. TB certificate
3. Bank statement
4. Birth certificates

To God alone be all the glory!
Edinburgh, here we come

Congratulations @cutieb..with the planned introduction of managed quarantine in scotland, you might need to book a flight soon, else budget reasonable funds for hotel quarantine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Your interviewer did not come to play at all...... so many questions. Welldone and thanks for sharing babajeje123

Thanks justwise

At all o!

The interview carry weight! � kudos to babajeje123 for scaling through

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Anitaamich: 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Anitaamich:
Please for someone that printed his statement showing the 28days before his online application, does he still need to print another statement to go for his appointment? His appointment is on Thursday, I need replies so he doesn’t make a mistake. Don’t read and pass pls

Cc justwise mimilyrics lagosismyhome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Michael820(m): 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Please where can one do COVID Test in Ibadan?.
I am seeing some bad reviews on Medicaid radio-diagnostics Ibadan, anyone used them before?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Santa2: 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
yinkaorry:
Hello everyone, I applied to university of Bedfordshire for masters and my application was unsuccessful due to university gap because I graduated 11years ago. They only take maximum of 5 years. I told them I have several years of work experience but they said it’s their policy. I’m so confused because I applied to some other schools still waiting for response. Please do know any school that doesn’t have restriction as to when one graduate from school. I planned on schools that has opening for May intake. Suggestions please. Thank you

There are loads of schools of that will give you admission. I had over 8 admissions even though I graduated 17 years ago.. so worry not, some of the schools include salford uni, RGU, sunderland, middlesex university, bornemouth university etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2021
Anitaamich:

Don't really understand the question. Is this self service? Or assisted service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Anitaamich: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Don't really understand the question. Is this self service? Or assisted service
It’s assisted service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
As long as the 28-day count did not end more than 31 days before his application date, he's good and from what you've explained, it's not older than 31 days before his application so there's no cause for concern.
He can print a statement covering the 28 day period before his application plus the days leading up to his biometrics if he so wishes though.
Anitaamich:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.