Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301006 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 9:55am On Feb 20, 2021
Sorry about this, I am certain that you will get enough information and directions to what next to do from the great people here.

For the main time, do not overthink it.
There is a always a way out of every challenge.

Okelity2812:
Here is my issue; i was refused visa on the financial grounds. UKVI refused me visa stating that i'm supposed to have an a closing account balance of 20006pounds, but that is not the case by my calculation my account balance should be 15306 pounds.
Here is how i arrived my conclusion; my school fees is 14000 of which i paid 6000 and was given a discount of 4700 by the school which amounts to 10700 pounds and a balance of 3300 pounds to be paid to the school. it should be noted that i am aware of 12006 living expenses and as a result of which i had a balance of 17004 in my bank statement.
My CAS only showed that 6000 was paid by me and failed to mention the 4700pounds discount that was given to me(i didn't know it was supposed to reflect on my CAS). UKVI refused me visa saying that i can apply for administrative review. i complained about the decision to my school and they said they'll look into it and carry out proper investigation. however, my fear is that i dont know if the school will write to UKVI saying they made mistake on my CAS or will they ask me to apply for again of which another bank statement will be required, i no longer posses such funds in my account . please i'd like to know if someone has experienced something similar and what my next course of action should be
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dontbeastranger: 10:40am On Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone, in need of accommodation n Bristol , studio room or shared apartment ..budget is 350-370 bills inclusive .kindly reach out to me. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2021
myvic70:
Good morning all. please this covid test is confusing. I have two children under 8 year traveling with their mum to the UK. Are the children required to go for Covid test?
Please any parent that travelled recently with dependant should share their experience.
Thanks

Uk officially website states no, that it is not needed for under 11 years however from some personal experience here states that, it was requested on checking date. So if I were you, if you not doing the covid test then take a printout from UK gov website which states it not needed and show that to an Nigerian /airport official who ask you

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 10:52am On Feb 20, 2021
You submit your online application to UKVI. TLS is just a middleman who helps UKVI with biometric registrations of applicants and help with applicants' documents uploads.
olaness:
1.Please I need clarification on the difference between online application and one submitted at the TLS.
2. Does one have any advantage over the other?
3. Can we choose the date we want for biometrics or is it automatically assigned?

Make someone pls answer my questions.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nkem222: 11:06am On Feb 20, 2021
Hello guys
Is there anyone that as gotten an offer from university of hull. ?
Hope they dont delay in issuing their CAS.
Please I need a reply
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by myvic70(m): 11:11am On Feb 20, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Uk officially website states no, that it is not needed for under 11 years however from some personal experience here states that, it was requested on checking date. So if I were you, if you not doing the covid test then take a printout from UK gov website which states it not needed and show that to an Nigerian /airport official who ask you

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by myvic70(m): 11:13am On Feb 20, 2021
Oggg:
no
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:37am On Feb 20, 2021
Okelity2812:
Here is my issue; i was refused visa on the financial grounds. UKVI refused me visa stating that i'm supposed to have an a closing account balance of 20006pounds, but that is not the case by my calculation my account balance should be 15306 pounds.
Here is how i arrived my conclusion; my school fees is 14000 of which i paid 6000 and was given a discount of 4700 by the school which amounts to 10700 pounds and a balance of 3300 pounds to be paid to the school. it should be noted that i am aware of 12006 living expenses and as a result of which i had a balance of 17004 in my bank statement.
My CAS only showed that 6000 was paid by me and failed to mention the 4700pounds discount that was given to me(i didn't know it was supposed to reflect on my CAS). UKVI refused me visa saying that i can apply for administrative review. i complained about the decision to my school and they said they'll look into it and carry out proper investigation. however, my fear is that i dont know if the school will write to UKVI saying they made mistake on my CAS or will they ask me to apply for again of which another bank statement will be required, i no longer posses such funds in my account . please i'd like to know if someone has experienced something similar and what my next course of action should be

This is exactly why we discourage people from using build account

Hopefully your school contract the embassy to take responsibility of the mistake and the embassy reconsider their decision.

If the school issues you another CAS and you reapply with that bank statement then pray long and hard that they don’t run a check on it else you are looking at 10yrs ban from the UK

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaness: 11:55am On Feb 20, 2021
mimilyrics:
You submit your online application to UKVI. TLS is just a middleman who helps UKVI with biometric registrations of applicants and help with applicants' documents uploads.

Thank you for your response. However, I still need to know, is date for biometrics automatically assigned or does one get to choose which date to go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
Is there anyone who recently applied to study MSW Social work? Was IELTS required and do they accept other English test e.g PTE?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okelity2812(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2021
Angelswt:

Sorry about this, I am certain that you will get enough information and directions to what next to do from the great people here.

For the main time, do not overthink it.
There is a always a way out of every challenge.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okelity2812(m): 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
justwise:

This is exactly why we discourage people from using build account

Hopefully your school contract the embassy to take responsibility of the mistake and the embassy reconsider their decision.

If the school issues you another CAS and you reapply with that bank statement then pray long and hard that they don’t run a check on it else you are looking at 10yrs ban from the UK
I'm hoping they appeal to the embassy on my behalf considering that we have started lectures online
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Islamiat01: 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
[quote author=Islamiat01 post=99200377]Hello house I want ask about dependent Visa. I got my visa last month (Student Visa) and I’m presently in the UK. The question now is can my husband still come to join me as ‘dependent’ or he should apply for another visa. If he’s going to apply for dependent visa what are the requirements. Pls I look forwarding to hear from you guyz. Thanks Pls someone should say something now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eddymatti(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Good morning all, please who can help me on how I can pay my visa fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ablecrystal: 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Congratulations!!!

justinaa2012:
VISA VISA VISA

Application on 7/01/2021
Biometric on 13/01/2021
Collection Mail on 17/02/2021
Visa collected on 18/02/2021
School Resumed on 15/02/2021
MSC Information Technology Management
University of Wolverhampton
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lobinche101(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
Dontbeastranger:
Hello everyone, in need of accommodation n Bristol , studio room or shared apartment ..budget is 350-370 bills inclusive .kindly reach out to me. Thank you.
i beg i send you a mail.. kindly respond
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by stunning4real: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hello gurus in the house.
Health care management course is it a promising course in terms of employment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenbeloveth(f): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
Pieaa:

Someone please answer me
I would have suggest Teeside University but you can only get their two years master program cheap. @d rate of 7500 per year and they will give you 1500 or 2000 discount depending

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Biakwa: 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2021
Femiswagg:
VISA ALERT !!!

Family of 4
Tution fully paid(uni of salford).
Bank account (20m) in main applicants account to show living expenses for herself and the dependants.

Date of application/subbmision online 10th Feb.
Date of Biometric 11th Feb
Priority visa service
TLS text message for passport collection 18th of Feb
Visa issued on the 15th of Feb .

Documents Submitted
Main Applicant (Wifey)
Bank statement
CAS
BSC CERTIFICATE,Transcript and Waec certificate
Marriage certificate and news paper publication
Letter of introduction
Family photographs
TB Test result
Apartment fully paid for isolation

Husband (Dependant 1)
Bank statement
Marriage certificate
TB TEST result

Children (2 dependants)
Birth certificate
Consent letters signed by both parents
TB TEST result
Bank statement .

We all used main applicant bank statement .

Thanks and appreciate you all

Please I sent you a request
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Calm054: 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2021
[quote author=Islamiat01 post=99252273][/quote]

Yes he can. Hell need to apply for dependants Visa. He needs account statement, marriage Certificate, your Vingette, TB test result, pictures of both of you together (I dont know how necessary this is, but its adviced) any other thing I'm missing please others can help.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DRscience(f): 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
Pls is anyone in Coventry University or May intake for Coventry. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OmoMay03: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hi. I don't quite get yourquestion but I hope you find this helpful. So your husband can join you as a dependentby applying for dependent visa. You'll need his tb test result, evidence of your permission to stay, statement of account, marriage certificate, wedding pictures and communication evidence like call logs and chats. You may add your school Id card if you wish. When filling the application form, you'll need to fill in details like your CAS number, sponsor licence number, passport number, name etc.https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/live-in-crown-dependency/pbs_dependant_partner_in_uk?uid=2c68fd01-6353-483e-9852-d3afd99e48d4
You can start with this link.
Islamiat01:
Hello house I want ask about dependent Visa. I got my visa last month (Student Visa) and I’m presently in the UK. The question now is can my husband still come to join me as ‘dependent’ or he should apply for another visa. If he’s going to apply for dependent visa what are the requirements. Pls I look forwarding to hear from you guyz. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
You choose.
olaness:

Thank you for your response. However, I still need to know, is date for biometrics automatically assigned or does one get to choose which date to go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Biakwa: 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
kcmontez:
Dependents visa alert

TLS Abuja (standard)

Biometrics: 23rd December
Collection mail: 15th January
DHL delivery: 18th January

University of Northampton here we come!

Am chilling for a bit though...planning for February

Thank you to everyone for your guidance

KC please I sent you a request
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AltCtrlDel: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
FieryJoe:
Is there anyone who recently applied to study MSW Social work? Was IELTS required and do they accept other English test e.g PTE?

University of Hertfordshire doesn't require IELTS.

Pls were u able to get discount/scholarship on ur tuition fee at Sheffield Hallam? How much was discounted pls?

Did they request for enhanced DBS?

Lastly, pls what were the questions asked in ur interview?

TIA

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dontbeastranger: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
lobinche101:

i beg i send you a mail.. kindly respond

i don respond oh...even add number sef
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dontbeastranger: 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
stunning4real:
Hello gurus in the house.
Health care management course is it a promising course in terms of employment?

Anything health care is always promising esp overseas and in this very trying times the world is now. So by all means settle for one asap if you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
AltCtrlDel:

Pls were u able to get discount/scholarship on ur tuition fee at Sheffield Hallam? Hocw much was discounted pls?

TIA
For Sheffield Hallam, all Nigerians automatically get 2000 pounds vice chancellor scholarship.
You can further get Transform scholarship which halfs your tuition fee if you had 2.1 or first class but it is not automatic. WAEC is accepted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by obavic: 4:10am On Feb 21, 2021
Any guru in the house that got Hull admission? Please let's connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 5:39am On Feb 21, 2021
My wife's the applicant. Already applied to Sheffield, no scholarship offered. Intake is this March. Read on their site that scholarship is for Jan and Sept intake.

Interview done and now awaiting their further instructions so she can pay deposit and receive CAS after the required docs had been submitted.

Interview was over zoom and questions were about why chosen social work, your study goals, branches of social work and then a live essay on attitude requires of a social worker...

AltCtrlDel:

Pls were u able to get discount/scholarship on ur tuition fee at Sheffield Hallam? How much was discounted pls?

TIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.