Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301197 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DRscience(f): 11:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Hello ... anyone in Plymouth university or applied there? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ejiroogidi: 12:47am On Mar 11, 2021
Please who applied for Msc social work at the University of Hertfordshire

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Temitopepremium(f): 5:05am On Mar 11, 2021
Good morning to you all in the house! I need your candid advise or suggestion please. I'm about to pay my school fees of £6000 using form A by tomorrow so have been contemplating on which bank to use with the best exchange rate. My bank is gtbank but the exchange rate as at yesterday was on the high side, Wema bank refused to disclose theirs and I have someone in Zenith HQ that could help to make it faster but depend on cbn current exchange rate. Please among these three banks which one is the best in terms of rate. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 5:54am On Mar 11, 2021
Temitopepremium:
Good morning to you all in the house! I need your candid advise or suggestion please. I'm about to pay my school fees of £6000 using form A by tomorrow so have been contemplating on which bank to use with the best exchange rate. My bank is gtbank but the exchange rate as at yesterday was on the high side, Wema bank refused to disclose theirs and I have someone in Zenith HQ that could help to make it faster but depend on cbn current exchange rate. Please among these three banks which one is the best in terms of rate. Thanks

If you don't quote exchange rate of GTbank, how do you want people to know the best. Concerning formA, is advisable you go for the bank which processing is fast. Wema bank process formA from within 1week from my last month experience and people feedback.
Using form A frm 9ja Banks, is better you just close eyes and submit the application regardless of the exchange rate because most banks don't end up using the same exchange rate that was quoted for you when filling the form. Lastly formA rate is better than you ending up with a Blackmarket rate.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Destiny20five: 6:10am On Mar 11, 2021
DRscience:
Hello ... anyone in Plymouth university or applied there? Thanks

I applied there for Msc Mental Nursing since January but no update till now. What did you apply for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DRscience(f): 6:22am On Mar 11, 2021
Destiny20five:

I applied there for Msc Mental Nursing since January but no update till now. What did you apply for?

Check your promotions and spam.... MSc Biomedical Science
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 6:46am On Mar 11, 2021
Temitopepremium:
Go to keystone, las las na 1 week max from my experience and most I have read here

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Temitopepremium(f): 7:33am On Mar 11, 2021
[quote author=Phenmeson .

Thanks for opinion.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Temitopepremium(f): 7:37am On Mar 11, 2021
awumen:

Go to keystone, las las na 1 week max from my experience and most I have read here
Thank you! But please at what rate were u charged when u did urs?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mindlog: 9:00am On Mar 11, 2021
Destiny20five:

Hope you are sending them mails as follow up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mumzt: 9:56am On Mar 11, 2021
Temitopepremium:

Thank you! But please at what rate were u charged when u did urs?.

As at yesterday, keystone was 585. Last week it was 550. So it’s really very unpredictable. And if your funds are short, you won’t be called so you have to keep following up. Just find you account with extra so it can be done fast.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2021
Good day guys, I have 2 visit visa refusals

Can I apply for priority visa?

I hope there won't be any delay?

Please advice �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sammyoo: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2021
In terms of rate, I may not know the cheapest Bank, but I think you should be more concern about which of them process the Form A faster. I used Keystone Bank last week and my form A was processed under 5 working days which is fantastic, Zenith Bank delayed my form for Almost a month before I decided to try another Bank.
I would advice you use Keystone Bank,.

Temitopepremium:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2021
Justwise, please advice me �

Gracious13:
Good day guys, I have 2 visit visa refusals

Can I apply for priority visa?

I hope there won't be any delay?

Please advice �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2021
Gracious13:
Justwise, please advice me �

What was the reason for the refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ivymich: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2021
Good morning house. I'm trying to apply for my Masters but I have NECO result. Was thinking of writing IELTS exams when a friend me that NECO can still be used that I need to pay a certain amount for then to verify/rate my Neco result. Please how true is this? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 11:08am On Mar 11, 2021
1) You have provided a bank statement in your name from firstbank with a closing bal of 13086. I am not satisfied you have the funds you state you will spend on you visit to the UK .. I'm not satisfied you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst In the UK (July 2018)
*I was serving then*

2) You have provided evidence of your employment and a closing balance of #954,678.66. the bank statement list numerous deposits between the period of the month that equate to #22,992,200 . The information you provided doesn't demonstrate the source of these funds or reconcile to the amount you stated is your yearly income or savings. As you haven't demonstrated the origins of these funds, I am not satisfied that you have presented an accurate reflection of your personal or financial circumstances in Nigeria (Feb 2020)
Now working ... Salary #152,250

Now that I wanna apply for student, (self sponsored) the money is in my account (28days)... How / what documents can I use to show the origin of the money ...

And also , with the above refusals' reason can I apply for priority visa? Hope there won't be any delay ?

What was the reason for the refusal?[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2021
Gracious13:
1) You have provided a bank statement in your name from firstbank with a closing bal of 13086. I am not satisfied you have the funds you state you will spend on you visit to the UK .. I'm not satisfied you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst In the UK (July 2018)
*I was serving then*

2) You have provided evidence of your employment and a closing balance of #954,678.66. the bank statement list numerous deposits between the period of the month that equate to #22,992,200 . The information you provided doesn't demonstrate the source of these funds or reconcile to the amount you stated is your yearly income or savings. As you haven't demonstrated the origins of these funds, I am not satisfied that you have presented an accurate reflection of your personal or financial circumstances in Nigeria (Feb 2020)
Now working ... Salary #152,250

Now that I wanna apply for student, (self sponsored) the money is in my account (28days)... How / what documents can I use to show the origin of the money ...

And also , with the above refusals' reason can I apply for priority visa? Hope there won't be any delay ?

With student visa you don’t have to provide source of income , it’s perfectly ok to sponsor yourself.

Even with previous refusal you can still apply for priority but if you are not in a hurry priority is a waste of money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 11:41am On Mar 11, 2021
@justwise

I learnt with priority, I'm not gonna get interviewed

That's what I'm trying to avoid, really ...

justwise:

With student visa you don’t have to provide source of income , it’s perfectly ok to sponsor yourself.

Even with previous refusal you can still apply for priority but if you are not in a hurry priority is a waste of money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
Gracious13:
@justwise

I learnt with priority, I'm not gonna get interviewed

That's what I'm trying to avoid, really ...

Wrong..... anybody can be interviewed , so yes some priority get called for interview

The only difference is shorter turnaround .

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ObodoNaija(f): 12:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
Please house, do schools write mode of payment on their website like paying on installment? I have google some cheaps schools that offer my course but what I am yet to know is if they accept installmental payment. Abeg someone should help me with this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tumiabbey: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
ObodoNaija:
Please house, do schools write mode of payment on their website like paying on installment? I have google some cheaps schools that offer my course but what I am yet to know is if they accept installmental payment. Abeg someone should help me with this.

Most schools accept installments. What school and course are you looking at?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tumiabbey: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
Hi guys, please what rate are you guys using for POF. Someone told me to use oanda rate with a little extra on it. Decided to settle for 580 to 600 since oanda’s rate is about 530 but my agent said I should use 650 to be safe. I think that’s too high cause I don’t think pounds can go from 530 to 650 in just a month.
Please advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tumiabbey: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
Gracious13:
1)

I saw somewhere on this thread that if you have had previous refusals then you shouldn’t apply for priority As you’ll just be wasting your money

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tumiabbey: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2021
Freshprince777:
Good morning gurus in the house. Please my school is asking i Upload a statement of account and Tuberculosis test after payment of deposit before CAS can be issued. Please is this how it is done? I though CAS is issued once you make payment . Then bank Statements and TB will be submitted during Visa application. Kindly help me clarify. Thanks...Also Is Ulster University a good school.

University of salford made the same request but I learnt that with some agencies like Ukeas, you can get your CAS without it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JDQueen: 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
tumiabbey:
Hi guys, please what rate are you guys using for POF. Someone told me to use oanda rate with a little extra on it. Decided to settle for 580 to 600 since oanda’s rate is about 530 but my agent said I should use 650 to be safe. I think that’s too high cause I don’t think pounds can go from 530 to 650 in just a month.
Please advice

600 is fine,
But you can't predict the rate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ObodoNaija(f): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
[quote author=tumiabbey post=99795839]

Most schools accept installments. What school and course are you looking at?

Manchester Metropolitan University and University of Sheffield. The course I wish to apply is Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Engineering.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by quille11: 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
Please who has used GTBank dollar card to pay for IHS /Visa fee. Is their rate different from black market? How is their rate like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olori101: 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2021
Good day everyone. Please my application was refused on the basis that they could not get in touch with my sponsor ( Osun State Government). My sponsor claimed they did not receive any message from UKVI.
I need advice if I should go for administrative review as quoted in the refusal email and ask my sponsor to provide another letter with contact details or I should start a fresh application. How long does the administrative review take?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LavishUK: 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
Vv
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by moogee(f): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
BREAKING: United Kingdom Stops Recruitment of Nigerian Doctors, Nurses
https://www.intelregion.com/news/breaking-united-kingdom-stops-recruitment-of-nigerian-doctors-nurses/

BREAKING: United Kingdom Stops Recruitment of Nigerian Doctors, Nurses
https://www.intelregion.com/news/breaking-united-kingdom-stops-recruitment-of-nigerian-doctors-nurses/

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.