Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301026 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Congrats babe. Thank God it ended in praise
Royalty63:
Visa Visa Visa Visa!!
What God cannot do does not exist!!
After 9 visa refusals, God said the set time to favour me is now.
3 Uk tourist visas
3 Canadian study visas
1 France tourist visa
2 American tourist visa
Priority Application: on the 3rd of February

Biometrics: On the 4th of February at TLS Abuja.
Then came the longest wait ever! On the 15th working day when I didn't hear from them, I sent a paid mail. They replied the next day saying a decision hadn't been made on my app. Omo, I tire. My TB test certificate expired the next day.

On the 2nd of March, I got a mail from UKVi requesting proof that I have been attending lectures which I got from my school and immediately submitted to them.

I started rejoicing and hoping for a response soon. Then boom I was sent an interview mail on the 8th of March, and the interview was scheduled for the 9th of March by 2 pm. I prayed and prepared. I couldn't even sleep that night but God isn't man, he doesn't break his promises.

On the 9th, I got a call by 2 min past 2 pm and the interview lasted for 14mins. I was surprised o cos I had already prepared myself for an hour-long drilling but God showed himself merciful.

On the 11th of March, I got collection mail with my visa intact. What God cannot do does not exist. �����

Now I can sleep well.

I have met some truly supportive people on this platform, who kept checking in and encouraging me, may God bless you all. Thanks for all the support, answers to my questions, and information shared on this platform.

Ps :- I drafted this message in faith on the 9th of March, the same day I did my interview.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Damidolly: 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
Someone should answer this gentleman
Afrosage:
hello guys, Please can a tier 4 dependent travel out of Uk and is there a duration of time he is allowed to stay outside Uk?

thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by keleto(m): 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Pls how much iam I supposed to show as maintenance fee when submitting my application for 2 yr master program.
Tuition is 7500 pounds per year (15000 pounds in total).And am expected to pay deposit of 4000 pound..
So in total,how much should appear in my bank statement when submitting my application to embassy.

Pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hinxx: 10:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
keleto:
Pls how much iam I supposed to show as maintenance fee when submitting my application for 2 yr master program.
Tuition is 7500 pounds per year (15000 pounds in total).And am expected to pay deposit of 4000 pound..
So in total,how much should appear in my bank statement when submitting my application to embassy.

Pls help

This looks so much like Teesside Uni. Anyway, you’re only to focus on the balance of the tuition fee for the first year AFTER paying the tuition deposit of £4000 + the living expenses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Goddys(m): 10:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
Please which bank has the cheapest Exchange rate for tuition deposit? I wish to make payment for September intake now and since I'm not pressed for time, I wish to go for bank with the cheapest rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by faks10: 10:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Please who paid IHS and visa fee this past week using naira card? How did you go about it?
Please it's urgent.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by haywhy17(m): 12:04am On Mar 15, 2021
For sheffield hallam school fee of £13660 for 2 year course. How much is expected to be calculated as POF. Fee divided by 2 or the total amount?...

Any Sheffield hallam student to clarify this, please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 6:43am On Mar 15, 2021
POF shld be 13660 + 9135

haywhy17:
For sheffield hallam school fee of £13660 for 2 year course. How much is expected to be calculated as POF. Fee divided by 2 or the total amount?...

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 6:56am On Mar 15, 2021
Is this really correct?

oppsonn:
POF shld be 13660 + 9135

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Goddys(m): 8:14am On Mar 15, 2021
FieryJoe:
Is this really correct?

Incorrect. Proof of Fund is the balance of ONE YEAR tuition fee plus living expenses.

Living expenses is £1023 x 9 for schools outside of London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Destiny20five: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2021
haywhy17:

I am not a student of SH nor did I apply there. Proof of funds is mainly for one year only. That is, if your tuition fee for that year is 13660 then you are to block the sum of 13660 + 9207 in your account. This money can only reduce if you have paid tuition deposit or got a scholarship but even at that, please confirm that this payment especially the scholarship reduction is clearly indicated on your CAS so embassy doesn't find fault with your visa application. (left to me, even if you have a scholarship but you also have the complete full year tuition, just block it).

If your tuition fee is 13660 for the total duration of the course, that is 6830 per year. Then you are to show a blocked sum of 6830 + 9207. The only thing that can make the 6830 reduce is after paying your tuition deposit or scholarship.

I hope this helps everyone wondering about POF

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eddymatti(m): 8:33am On Mar 15, 2021
Doesn’t work on Naira card because of dollar limit
faks10:
Please who paid IHS and visa fee this past week using naira card? How did you go about it?
Please it's urgent.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FM29: 10:35am On Mar 15, 2021
Hello House,

I need your advice, as i will be travelling on friday to the UK from Lagos through Istanbul to UK. My question is, when is it advisable to do my covid test before departure to get my result earlier and which Lab is ok to use in Lagos.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2021
Thanks
Destiny20five:

I am not a student of SH nor did I apply there. Proof of funds is mainly for one year only. That is, if your tuition fee for that year is 13660 then you are to block the sum of 13660 + 9207 in your account. This money can only reduce if you have paid tuition deposit or got a scholarship but even at that, please confirm that this payment especially the scholarship reduction is clearly indicated on your CAS so embassy doesn't find fault with your visa application. (left to me, even if you have a scholarship but you also have the complete full year tuition, just block it).

If your tuition fee is 13660 for the total duration of the course, that is 6830 per year. Then you are to show a blocked sum of 6830 + 9207. The only thing that can make the 6830 reduce is after paying your tuition deposit or scholarship.

I hope this helps everyone wondering about POF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JDQueen: 11:03am On Mar 15, 2021
faks10:
Please it's urgent.
Thanks

You can't use Naira Card due to the limit cap.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kinkyriri: 11:26am On Mar 15, 2021
Please has anyone here received admission for social work without experience? Someone said i need 2years social work experience to apply. Someone please help. @justwise

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zeecos(f): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2021
Goddys:
Please which bank has the cheapest Exchange rate for tuition deposit? I wish to make payment for September intake now and since I'm not pressed for time, I wish to go for bank with the cheapest rate.
Ecobank had the cheapest exchange rate a week ago

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kinkyriri: 11:41am On Mar 15, 2021
FieryJoe:
Hello house,
Anybody here already studying at Sheffield Hallam?
I recently Got admission to study MSW Social work.
Would like to connect with a student who is there with his/her family. I beg!

Hello, can i message you please?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2021
It is required that you have your first degree in related discipline or job experience in lieu.

Kinkyriri:
Please has anyone here received admission for social work without experience? Someone said i need 2years social work experience to apply. Someone please help. @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Goddys(m): 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
Zeecos:

Ecobank had the cheapest exchange rate a week ago

Thanks dear. At what rate did you transact?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kinkyriri: 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2021
FieryJoe:
It is required that you have your first degree in related discipline or job experience in lieu.

Okay, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lexee1993: 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
please when calculating proof of funds, are we to use bank rate which is around 585- 600 or are we to use black market rate which is around 670- 680?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by EddieMurphie: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2021
lexee1993:
please when calculating proof of funds, are we to use bank rate which is around 585- 600 or are we to use black market rate which is around 670- 680?

Use oanda

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lexee1993: 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
what is oanda?

EddieMurphie:

Use oanda
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lexee1993: 12:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
i have googled it, thank you

EddieMurphie:

Use oanda
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
lexee1993:
what is oanda?

Best to read the first page and the two post by justwise.... it contains all the information you need regarding student visa

https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4#97418347
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mentored: 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
oppsonn:
POF shld be 13660 + 9135

should be £13660 + 9207

living expenses increased to £9207 for campuses outside London and £12,006 for campuses in London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
Yes.

But was told that is half of the 13660 + 9207

mentored:

should be £13660 + 9207

living expenses increased to £9207 for campuses outside London and £12,006 for campuses in London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zeecos(f): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
Goddys:

Thanks dear. At what rate did you transact?
I was quoted 573.77
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Futureukstudent: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
Has anyone gotten the latest update concerning when you can enter the UK for your program?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2021
Did SHU require IELTS from you? There is a lady that just left with her family to Sheffield ,same couse with you and she is always ready to assist but you can as well ask on SHU group if u are dere
Kinkyriri:
Okay, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.