Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,819 members, 7,798,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1296793 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
Jafaar:
I would like to ask , instead of 28 days bank statement ,what of if i show evidence of payment of school fees and apartment with about 4 million bank statement.Will my Visa be accepted

Lol Bros,

If you like have 10billion naira in your account.

The moment you don’t follow/meet the home office requirement, that’s an automatic ground for refusal.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
I Specifically asked this question via a mail to the school because I originally had 2k for another school and they specifically replied that I shouldn’t pay more than 200£ in deposit.

They have 3 options for payment, “On enrollment, quarterly or monthly”, however, I plan to pay half tuition on enrollment and start installments from there.

The 200£ deposit doesn’t mean this is an easy way to japa o, the tuition is high and the school is in London.

You can check the website for more details

Phenmeson:

Regarding the £200 for Deposit, is it to keep admission offer or will the minimum deposit of the £200 be used to apply for Visa. If the tuition fee is £18k,regardless of the minimum deposit, is advisable to still pay at least £4k from Nigeria using formA rate because landing in UK with mindset of 9months installment payment, is difficult for an International student to work and save #1500 on monthly basis when working on 20hrs pw. Even getting a job now is a bit difficult compared to when there was no pandemic. UK universities fit use payment reminder disturb person life and lastly all universities has 'Minimum tuition fees' payment on or before enrolment. Mak u na look b4 u na leap ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Myrage2: 7:57am On Apr 06, 2021
Hello house, I have an Msc from UK uni already, I want to apply for a MPhil, will this be seen as a progression?

I do not want to apply for another masters because uk is strict on the academic progression rule.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by illocution: 8:16am On Apr 06, 2021
Good morning all.

Please between Sunderland, Wolverhampton and Middlesbrough which is best for international students in terms of living expenses and part time jobs? I really need help deciding as I have unconditional admission from Teeside uni, Uni Sunderland and Uni Wolverhampton.

Help a brother please. @Justwise and other experienced people the house your advice please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vicas2000: 8:28am On Apr 06, 2021
illocution:
Good morning all.

Please between Sunderland, Wolverhampton and Middlesbrough which is best for international students in terms of living expenses and part time jobs? I really need help deciding as I have unconditional admission from Teeside uni, Uni Sunderland and Uni Wolverhampton.

Help a brother please. @Justwise and other experienced people the house your advice please.

I can say that Wolverhampton is a decent town to live in for students. You have a shuttle Tram (light rail - 25 minutes trip) to Birmingham where there are many jobs. Birmingham is one of the largest city to get jobs similar to London and Manchester.

Living expenses in Wolverhampton is also affordable. There is shared accommodation that you can live in Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley (which are close to as well. Middlesborough is probably cheaper than Wolverhampton but may be difficult to get jobs.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by slimdolyin(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2021
Question:
Is it possible to be denied visa after all necessary requirement has been made. As in u make payment for ur sch fees, do all necessary requirement and den still get denied for visa ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by EddieMurphie: 8:45am On Apr 06, 2021
slimdolyin:

Question:
Is it possible to be denied visa after all necessary requirement has been made. As in u make payment for ur sch fees, do all necessary requirement and den still get denied for visa ?

Why not! Meeting all the requirement and failing credibility interview can lead to a denial.

A mistake from the eco can lead to a denial. For example if the eco uses a wrong currency conversion rate OR if your scholarship/discount isn’t noted by the eco, he could refuse you for having less funds.

Read through the posts, some were refused because the eco couldn’t reach their sponsors.

Some because they couldn’t verify their bank accounts.

Some because the printed bank statements weren’t clear enough (bank fault) and they couldn’t understand it.

There are various reasons my guy. Just do your best and pray to God

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by illocution: 8:57am On Apr 06, 2021
Thank you so much, I really appreciate this response.
Vicas2000:

I can say that Wolverhampton is a decent town to live in for students. You have a shuttle Tram (light rail - 25 minutes trip) to Birmingham where there are many jobs. Birmingham is one of the largest city to get jobs similar to London and Manchester.

Living expenses in Wolverhampton is also affordable. There is shared accommodation that you can live in Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley (which are close to as well. Middlesborough is probably cheaper than Wolverhampton but may be difficult to get jobs.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2021
illocution:
Good morning all.

I have never lived in any of those cities but given the choice i will consider Wolves first then Sunderland..Middlesbrough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Myrage2: 10:02am On Apr 06, 2021
Myrage2:
Hello house, I have an Msc from UK uni already, I want to apply for a MPhil, will this be seen as a progression?

I do not want to apply for another masters because uk is strict on the academic progression rule.

@justwise, can you answer this pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:13am On Apr 06, 2021
Myrage2:

@justwise, can you answer this pls.

Yes and you can also apply for another masters in another field and back it up with written explanation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 10:17am On Apr 06, 2021
justwise:

I have never lived in any of those cities but given the choice i will consider Wolves first then Sunderland..Middlesbrough.

Justwise which city would you consider living in between Manchester, Leeds & Sheffield. You might wanna give one or two reasons.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2021
DeeOneBangin:

Justwise which city would you consider living in between Manchester, Leeds & Sheffield. You might wanna give one or two reasons.

Manchester is a very big city with affordable cost of living, there are more job opportunities in Manchester than Leeds and Sheffield. Leeds is London of Yorkshire , lively, big student community, good transportation hub and about 45mins away from Manchester.

Sheffield is big as well with two big universities,a well known shopping centre and two football clubs.

Job opportunities in Sheffield will not be as much as Manchester and Leeds

My preference will be Manchester-Leeds then Sheffield

All three cities have good transportation network and not far from each other.

Their universities are well ranked as well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jidesamuel(m): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2021
Good morning great people,
Please what's the best means of paying for visa application from Nigeria bank account. I Iearnt Paga is not acceptable again.

Kind Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Onyxfidel1(f): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2021
Good morning house

Please I want to know if is an issue, coz the address in my tuberculosis is different from the address in my visa application.

Any issues with that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dazeey042: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2021
justwise:

@justwise please is Northampton a good place when it comes to part time jobs and living expenses?

Also do you recommend campus accommodation or off campus?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Apr 06, 2021
Dazeey042:

@justwise please is Northampton a good place when it comes to part time jobs and living expenses?

Also do you recommend campus accommodation or off campus?

Northampton is a good city to live, i have a friend who recently moved to that city purely because of cheaper cost of living and housing, getting part time job will not be an issue

Private accommodation all the way...student accommodation is way too expensive for the value it offers.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 11:41am On Apr 06, 2021
justwise:

Manchester is a very big city with affordable cost of living, there are more job opportunities in Manchester than Leeds and Sheffield. Leeds is London of Yorkshire , lively, big student community, good transportation hub and about 45mins away from Manchester.

Sheffield is big as well with two big universities,a well known shopping centre and two football clubs.

Job opportunities in Sheffield will not be as much as Manchester and Leeds

My preference will be Manchester-Leeds then Sheffield

All three cities have good transportation network and not far from each other.

Their universities are well ranked as well.

Very informative. Gracias

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vicas2000: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
Dazeey042:

Also, do you recommend campus accommodation or off-campus?

I know Northampton very well. There are good jobs in Northampton. It's also not far from Milton Keynes. I have family members living and working in Northampton and it's a nice town as well.

Amazon has one of their delivery warehouses there for part-time jobs and a few other logistics companies too. Barclays is also located in Northampton.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ajayidebo: 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
Good day @justwise. Please I need your opinion on the below mentioned.

We are currently torn in between Kingston upon Hull and Preston, Lancashire. My wife is going to be schooling (MSc), I intend to do the hustling in order to complement. Plus we have a two-year-old daughter. I am just trying to find a balanced place in terms of jobs and affordable cost of living.

What do you think?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by preciousmudia: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
Please can anyone here list the process involved in VISA application online.

After getting the CAS, TB result, POF and other supporting documents...

Thanks it's urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olafunds200(f): 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2021
Hello house
Please anyone knows how long to get CAS from Hertfordshire, it’s been a week they got my payment and I haven’t heard anything from them yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dazeey042: 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
justwise:

Northampton is a good city to live, i have a friend who recently moved to that city purely because of cheaper cost of living and housing, getting part time job will not be an issue

Private accommodation all the way...student accommodation is way too expensive for the value it offers.

Thank you justwise...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dazeey042: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
Vicas2000:

I know Northampton very well. There are good jobs in Northampton. It's also not far from Milton Keynes. I have family members living and working in Northampton and it's a nice town as well.

Amazon has one of their delivery warehouses there for part-time jobs and a few other logistics companies too. Barclays is also located in Northampton.

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Onyxfidel1(f): 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
Onyxfidel1:
Good morning house

Please I want to know if is an issue, coz the address in my tuberculosis is different from the address in my visa application.

Any issues with that

Plz justwise and others help me out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
Excuse my ignorance guys. Is NHS fees part of expected proof of fund for Visa application or a different fund entirely?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2021
Onyxfidel1:
Good morning house

Any issues with that

No its not an issue at all

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BigDickhead1: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2021
AAO7:

Mine took 10 business days

What bank did you use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by illocution: 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2021
Thank you so much for this.
justwise:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
BigDickhead1:

What bank did you use?

First bank

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
ajayidebo:
Good day @justwise. Please I need your opinion on the below mentioned.

We are currently torn in between Kingston upon Hull and Preston, Lancashire. My wife is going to be schooling (MSc), I intend to do the hustling in order to complement. Plus we have a two-year-old daughter. I am just trying to find a balanced place in terms of jobs and affordable cost of living.

What do you think?

Thanks

Lancashire is a county but there are two universities in that county..university of central lancashire and Lancaster University, Lancaster University is very very good university followed by Hull, Hull has low cost of living but not too many job opportunities, Lancaster will be relatively high in terms of cost of living but student jobs will not be an issue

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.