Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301330 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shanga(m): 5:04pm On May 01, 2021
Callmed:
I was told the best way is to have a Dom account or use a family member or someone you know Dom account. Master card has a daily restriction of $100 while Dom account card is restricted to about $1500.

Thanks for your prompt reply , but my course it’s a 2 years course and I want to use priority,the total amount for the IHS is 1700$ alone excluding visa fee,it will still be a problem if I have someone willing to help with the dom account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Callmed: 5:12pm On May 01, 2021
shanga:

Thanks for your prompt reply , but my course it’s a 2 years course and I want to use priority,the total amount for the IHS is 1700$ alone excluding visa fee,it will still be a problem if I have someone willing to help with the dom account
for a two year course the IHS fee is £1175 pounds and visa fee is £348

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Teniremi: 5:14pm On May 01, 2021
[quote author=Teniremi post=101264289][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Callmed: 5:24pm On May 01, 2021
shanga:

When I did my conversion earlier that's about $1606 dollars. So this simply means we can pay for IHS first and pay for visa the next day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shanga(m): 5:43pm On May 01, 2021
Callmed:
for a two year course the IHS fee is £1175 pounds and visa fee is £348

Got it now,pay ihs today and pay for visa fee next day.thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shanga(m): 5:50pm On May 01, 2021
Callmed:
I was told the best way is to have a Dom account or use a family member or someone you know Dom account. Master card has a daily restriction of $100 while Dom account card is restricted to about $1500.

Saw your message,but it’s 1500$ you said and my ihs is 1606$ ,can I pay 1500$ and pay the balance next day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mdeeokoye: 6:03pm On May 01, 2021
Even without a Uk experience he can get a job. I got a professional job about a week and some days as a software engineer with “No” Uk experience.
Luckily enough for me after 5 months I got a job with sponsorship. Let’s spread more hope ��. With the right skill set you can get that job.
I agree with you raising the balance will be a big deal even if he gets a job the next day so yeah he should have chosen a cheaper school. My wife is currently studying in Liverpool Hope uni and we paid 8400 after a scholarship (for 1st class and 2’1 holders. ) I understand that Hull is also cheap uni! Best of luck�

hosey:

If money is a problem, you should have chosen cheaper schools of tuition of 11 to 12000 pounds.

You can but wont be easy. You will have to rent 2 bedroom flat because of her condition. Who will help take care of her when she delivers. You will need furrher help. You must be prepared to do menial job for now as you dont have UK work experience. You should begin applying for work in Nigeria when you get visa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aduomayebe: 6:29pm On May 01, 2021
Please how much Is the visa fee plus ihs surcharge of 2 years in naira?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Callmed: 6:30pm On May 01, 2021
shanga:

Saw your message,but it’s 1500$ you said and my ihs is 1606$ ,can I pay 1500$ and pay the balance next day?
I really can't give you an affirmative answer. Experienced guys in the house should help us plssss

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Simplicity0555: 6:42pm On May 01, 2021
haywhy17:
Some of us here would just want to jump on any course just to japa. I wonder how agric economics graduate wan cope with medical courses. I understand most of us just want to use this route as a means to japa from this dungeon called Nigeria.
My advice for you is to find a 2 years course you feel you can excel, enjoy the extra 2 years that might eventually come with it (post study Visa). Hustle better for the 4 years. Who knows, luck could shine on you. You get a job that would uplift your VISA type. Or you find love and settle down there.

Just saying though

Most people are looking for legit and secure ways to leave Nigeria but your situation is different from mine. And what happens to one changing careers? It’s now a crime to change careers, it’s the naija mentality in you anyway. You may want to jump on any course just to japa but that’s not my thing as I am focused even tho it is challenging but it’s also very possible. If it’s about japa, there are several courses that won’t stress me at all.

The way you analyzed your last paragraph about finding 2 yrs course, 2yrs post study and finding love to settle down shows your level of thinking. Sorry to bust your bubble, I am far from that level. Thanks for your concern tho!!!

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 01, 2021
mdeeokoye:
Even without a Uk experience he can get a job. I got a professional job about a week and some days as a software engineer with “No” Uk experience.
Luckily enough for me after 5 months I got a job with sponsorship. Let’s spread more hope ��. With the right skill set you can get that job.
I agree with you raising the balance will be a big deal even if he gets a job the next day so yeah he should have chosen a cheaper school. My wife is currently studying in Liverpool Hope uni and we paid 8400 after a scholarship (for 1st class and 2’1 holders. ) I understand that Hull is also cheap uni! Best of luck�

Nice 1. You are lucky because it is IT. Cool your wife got a cheap school.
That is what I have been clamouring for instead of wasting money on huge tuition fees.
It doesn't even make any sense at all to pay more than 13000 pounds for online classes diue to COVID.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Simplicity0555: 6:50pm On May 01, 2021
haywhy17:
Some of us here would just want to jump on any course just to japa. I wonder how agric economics graduate wan cope with medical courses. I understand most of us just want to use this route as a means to japa from this dungeon called Nigeria.
My advice for you is to find a 2 years course you feel you can excel, enjoy the extra 2 years that might eventually come with it (post study Visa). Hustle better for the 4 years. Who knows, luck could shine on you. You get a job that would uplift your VISA type. Or you find love and settle down there.

Just saying though

When I get my admission, I will quote you again. Till then...... have an open mind, be optimistic and always remember”What God cannot do does not exist”

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by WAJW: 7:56pm On May 01, 2021
hey
lajumberg:
Good evening Everyone

Any University of Glasgow apllicant here? Lets link up

Kindly email me Lanrez92@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HeyHey(f): 7:58pm On May 01, 2021
"...they just open their border"

1. Can some kindly explain the implication of this?

2. Also, house kindly suggest "cheap" schools for masters in law

3. By 2years, una mean part-time or research masters. Because most of the programs I am seeing are 1yearn

K4daniel:

Baba I will advise he looks for money go start his Bsc in uk and then complete his master part-time studies. Before he would finish in Nigeria here the govt of UK would have gotten the exact number they want. You think they just open their border for fun..no sir. They got target and required numbers to fill the missing skills before certain year's,they have certain numbers of skilled labour expected from Graduate route. Besides, if labour party comes In they may change this law. This is partly open because of brexit.
Hence, it is urged that everyone should do whatever you are doing now.This is your God given time to get out..student visa is one of the best route to enter uk legally after your study don't dull yourself. If single get married to your woman there, if married continue to give birth. Get yourself routed in the system, partner who can't get children pls let the other proceed with another course. Come and thank me later.

Lastly, last time they did something like this many students got placement and companies that filed for them. But later on home offices started rejecting students who had reached their time without placement, and homes offices already gotten their maximum limit. So I will advised he looks for cheaper schools send his applications now for bsc. No time, no space. Delay is totally dangerous.lol. It shall end in praise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by CheesyTee(f): 7:59pm On May 01, 2021
Monthly you mean
Callmed:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oliviaxx(f): 8:46pm On May 01, 2021
femredhead:

Please,do you know Universities with that tuition range you mentioned?

I'm aspiring to study Masters in Public Health as well.

Hull, Liverpool hope, Teesside, Plymouth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Callmed: 8:55pm On May 01, 2021
CheesyTee:
Monthly you mean
Nope, I meant daily.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by femredhead: 9:21pm On May 01, 2021
Oliviaxx:

Hull, Liverpool hope, Teesside, Plymouth

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mamatwiny(f): 10:10pm On May 01, 2021
Hi all,
I plan to move to UK Visa tier4 visa with my hubby and son, however, an agent advised that I apply first, move in B4 applying for my dependents. I have 4 visa refusals ;2 study visa for Canada ( over 7years ago) and 2 visit visa from USA (4 years ago)

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by CheesyTee(f): 10:53pm On May 01, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by haywhy17(m): 11:42pm On May 01, 2021
Simplicity0555:

When I get my admission, I will quote you again. Till then...... have an open mind, be optimistic and always remember”What God cannot do does not exist”

Look at you. I studied animal science too and applied for something not even related to my field but REALISTIC. So it's not like I target you or something. I never said it's not possible.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by haywhy17(m): 11:43pm On May 01, 2021
Simplicity0555:

Most people are looking for legit and secure ways to leave Nigeria but your situation is different from mine. And what happens to one changing careers? It’s now a crime to change careers, it’s the naija mentality in you anyway. You may want to jump on any course just to japa but that’s not my thing as I am focused even tho it is challenging but it’s also very possible. If it’s about japa, there are several courses that won’t stress me at all.

The way you analyzed your last paragraph about finding 2 yrs course, 2yrs post study and finding love to settle down shows your level of thinking. Sorry to bust your bubble, I am far from that level. Thanks for your concern tho!!!

Eyah, sorry o.. high thinker
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by K4daniel: 2:36am On May 02, 2021
HeyHey:
"...they just open their border"

1. Can some kindly explain the implication of this?

2. Also, house kindly suggest "cheap" schools for masters in law

3. By 2years, una mean part-time or research masters. Because most of the programs I am seeing are 1yearn

Hello brother, "The opening of the border by Uk through graduate route" I meant from July 1st 2021 graduate route will be lunched. The impulse of this is that after your study, 1 year or 2-years master programme, you can apply for 2 years work permit without having any offer.

Please get into research, check the cheapest schools in the UK with scholarships for your course.

Again, your third question will need you to search for schools that offer the period, courses that will suit you.

Good luck sir.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deering1008: 3:04am On May 02, 2021
Please house I’m in dire need of your advice, I got unconditional offer few weeks ago but unfortunately after making my tuition deposit I lost my transcript and my original birth certificate. As for my birth certificate I can get an affidavit but for my transcript, should I get a new one from my school here in Nigeria or can I self upload the scanned copy of the old one during visa application? Please help a brother�
hustla:

Will that 6K be extra extra sufficient enough for only one person?

[quote[quote author=hustla post=101289523]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deering1008: 3:20am On May 02, 2021
Please I’m in dire need of your advice, I got unconditional offer few weeks ago but unfortunately after making my tuition deposit I lost my transcript and my original birth certificate. As for my birth certificate I can get an affidavit but for my transcript, should I get a new one from my school here in Nigeria or can I self upload the scanned copy of the old one I used to get my offer during visa application? Please help a brother�
Queenbeloveth:

Start fresh application please, it's better for you. How can an agent be hiding your reference number from you, that's funny. To even think you can contact him easily means alot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TosinKate(f): 3:45am On May 02, 2021
Olivertripzz:
Good day everyone.. Any Swansea University Student in the House or anyone who has idea on the School...
I just got an offer to study there. Thanks In advance

Hello. I have an academic offer too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 5:51am On May 02, 2021
Deering1008:
Please house I’m in dire need of your advice, I got unconditional offer few weeks ago but unfortunately after making my tuition deposit I lost my transcript and my original birth certificate. As for my birth certificate I can get an affidavit but for my transcript, should I get a new one from my school here in Nigeria or can I self upload the scanned copy of the old one during visa application? Please help a brother�

I really dunno bro

Ill wait for the other bosses to comment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Schoolhike: 6:03am On May 02, 2021
justwise:

Ok..from one Nigerian to another? Bro you need that money in the UK, not just to get a visa and return the money to the owner.

All the very best

Haaa, bro it’s quite much oh,

The maintenance fee of almost #15m would be borrowed and returned to the owners once the visa is granted, but what will be left with us to take to uk is just about £6k which I thought will be enough for a period of 2/3months, with the hope of getting job within that period,

Pls just advice me as you would to your loved ones abeg.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Schoolhike: 6:14am On May 02, 2021
Howoheye:

There are Schools way cheaper than UWS for Public Health.

Glasgow Caledonian in same Scotland has the course and an automatic scholarship, which will leave you to pay just about £11,900 as tuition and they have up to 7instalments I think.

Teesside University has an applied option for the course, which makes it a 2yr course. Tuition per year is £7,500, and you'll still get a scholarship of either £1,500 or £2k off that fee.

Salford
https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health

Birmingham City
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/public-health-mph-2021-22

Chelmsford
https://aru.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/public-health

Middlesex
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health

Newcastle
https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/courses/master-of-public-health-dtfpuh6/

London Met.
https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/public-health---msc/

...are other options you can look into as well.

All the best!

Thanks brother, will look into this also

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fountain67: 7:05am On May 02, 2021
I just got an uncoditional offer to Glasgow Caledonian University without my transcript. I couldn't submit it because my school is on strike.
Is it possible to get an unconditional offer without transcript??
Should I proceed with other things??
Hope it won't be a problem?
Because I dey fear o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deering1008: 7:13am On May 02, 2021
@ justwise Please I’m in dire need of your advice, I got unconditional offer few weeks ago but unfortunately after making my tuition deposit I lost my transcript and my original birth certificate. As for my birth certificate I can get an affidavit but for my transcript, should I get a new one from my school here in Nigeria or can I self upload the scanned copy of the old one I used to get my offer during visa application? Please help a brother�
Schoolhike:

The maintenance fee of almost #15m would be borrowed and returned to the owners once the visa is granted, but what will be left with us to take to uk is just about £6k which I thought will be enough for a period of 2/3months, with the hope of getting job within that period,

Schoolhike:

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.