Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301066 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Howoheye: 4:17am On May 05, 2021
I don't think the hubby studied in UK.

hosey:

@Aminess1:

Another thing you can do is for your husband to wait till July 1st and apply for post study visa. Then you can apply as his dependant with post study dependant visa which is direct, faster and cheapest option.

A person with dependant visa can study full time. The person can work full time also. The person can even switch to Tier 2 visa if they see suitable sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yormieK(m): 5:03am On May 05, 2021
Is it advisable to go to the venue with full belly or skip a meal (breakfast or lunch) as some test are required to skip meal session.
Kenny1111111:

You can transfer. But ensure you save and print out the receipt.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 6:20am On May 05, 2021
Good morning my dear friends, please for those that paid their Tuition deposit yesterday or today using Form A in any Bank, how much was the rate and bank charges.

Please help me, I want to pay today.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Erin2010(m): 6:46am On May 05, 2021
kim1212:
hi I am
Same here ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 7:14am On May 05, 2021
First I will say if you're trying to beat a deadline, then make more enquires here regarding banks that does their payment within 24-48hrs and also ask the location, because it seem that it's their branches in major cities or HQ that processes the payment faster, with that said, I used Zenith bank, they charged 570/£ but it took 2 weeks with alot of calling and bugging them
angelss813:
Good morning my dear friends, please for those that paid their Tuition deposit yesterday or today in any Bank, how much was the rate and bank charges.

Please help me, I want to pay today.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kenny1111111: 7:15am On May 05, 2021
yormieK:
Is it advisable to go to the venue with full belly or skip a meal (breakfast or lunch) as some test are required to skip meal session.

I’m not sure. I think you can eat. They didn’t mention anything about food.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Futureukstudent: 7:21am On May 05, 2021
hosey:

@Aminess1:

Another thing you can do is for your husband to wait till July 1st and apply for post study visa. Then you can apply as his dependant with post study dependant visa which is direct, faster and cheapest option.

A person with dependant visa can study full time. The person can work full time also. The person can even switch to Tier 2 visa if they see suitable sponsor.

1. Did her husband study in UK?
2. If her husband has graduated already, I don't think he qualifies for the post graduate visa, since it is just starting by June
3. You can't bring in new dependant after you have graduated

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Naomi2016: 7:46am On May 05, 2021
G'morning all, my husband submitted application to a uni and they're asking for proof of english proficiency. He's going for Phd. He has pass in his waec english, but has distinctions in his undergraduate and master( Cumlaude) and the school also gave him a letter he can be using as proof of proficiency. He studied in South Africa. Can he use the letter now or he must write another exam. He got offered with university of portsmouth already, but this one is King's College. Thank you all

Cc justwise and co
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 8:02am On May 05, 2021
@Optimally First I will say if you're trying to beat a deadline, then make more enquires here regarding banks that does their payment within 24-48hrs and also ask the location, because it seem that it's their branches in major cities or HQ that processes the payment faster, with that said, I used Zenith bank, they charged 570/£ but it took 2 weeks with alot of calling and bugging them

Thank you so much for your quick response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:03am On May 05, 2021
Futureukstudent:

1. Did her husband study in UK?
2. If her husband has graduated already, I don't think he qualifies for the post graduate visa, since it is just starting by June
3. You can't bring in new dependant after you have graduated
1. Uncertain. No information about her husband not studying in the UK
2. No. A person already in the UK before July 1st is qualified. Only those people who come to the UK to study after July 1st are not qualified.
3. You can for those present in the UK before July 1st. Her husband is eligible if he studied in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:05am On May 05, 2021
Naomi2016:
G'morning all, my husband submitted application to a uni and they're asking for proof of english proficiency. He's going for Phd. He has pass in his waec english, but has distinctions in his undergraduate and master( Cumlaude) and the school also gave him a letter he can be using as proof of proficiency. He studied in South Africa. Can he use the letter now or he must write another exam. Thank you all

Cc justwise and co
Did the school ask him to write exam? If not he should submit the letter of English proficiency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Naomi2016: 8:28am On May 05, 2021
Not yet, but the application portal is demanding for his scores. He used the same document to secure admission with portsmouth university already, but we still want to try another school because of scholarship. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Futureukstudent: 8:32am On May 05, 2021
hosey:

2. No. A person already in the UK before July 1st is qualified. Only those people who come to the UK to study after July 1st are not qualified.
3. You can for those present in the UK before July 1st. Her husband is eligible if he studied in the UK.
well the number 3, I am very certain they said you can't reg a new dependant when applying for the post graduate visa. The only dependant that qualifies is the one that you applied for during your program
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Cyberknight: 8:44am On May 05, 2021
Futureukstudent:
well the number 3, I am very certain they said you can't reg a new dependant when applying for the post graduate visa. The only dependant that qualifies is the one that you applied for during your program

This is correct.
Under the terms of the post-study graduate visa, any dependant you wish to apply for must have already received a student dependant visa beforehand, which means that you cannot apply for a student dependant and hence a post-study dependant after one has graduated.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by amanze54: 8:52am On May 05, 2021
Any Leeds Beckett applicant in the house. I was informed via mail that I was given a discount of 4k but when I requested this to be reflected on my offer letter, they responded that the discount is only communicated via mail.

Please who has applied before. Kindly confirm if mail communication is general

I was offered Data Science.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 9:11am On May 05, 2021
Hello People,

I beg what determines if one would get either 30 or 90 day vignette sticker on ones passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yormieK(m): 9:50am On May 05, 2021
I defered since February and got my offer in April.
Dietminute:
How long did it take them to give u admission from when u applied?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 9:53am On May 05, 2021
hosey:

Oga I recommend you find time to read about the post study rules again and digest it this time around. You need to be accurate about the information you dish out so you don’t mislead people.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2021
amanze54:
Any Leeds Beckett applicant in the house. I was informed via mail that I was given a discount of 4k but when I requested this to be reflected on my offer letter, they responded that the discount is only communicated via mail.

Please who has applied before. Kindly confirm if mail communication is general

I was offered Data Science.

It is general
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chijiuba: 10:29am On May 05, 2021
Good morning to the wonderful people here. Please is there a cash limit (pounds/dollars) to travel to the UK with and if someone carries more than the stipulated amount, what can one do to go through?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vickglam: 10:29am On May 05, 2021
Hello, please between Liverpool Johnmoore and University of West England which one is better for family and which one can one get job easily, thanks for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 10:46am On May 05, 2021
akanniade10:

Oga I recommend you find time to read about the post study rules again and digest it this time around. You need to be accurate about the information you dish out so you don’t mislead people.
It is you that is ignorant and cant understand clear English due to your low comprehension skills.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 10:47am On May 05, 2021
Vickglam:
Hello, please between Liverpool Johnmoore and University of West England which one is better for family and which one can one get job easily, thanks for your response
Liverpool is better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 11:00am On May 05, 2021
hosey:

It is you that is ignorant and cant understand clear English due to your low comprehension skills.

Lol....... go and read up the rules so u can dish out correct information and stop misleading the public. Can’t be bothered with your reply tho, it is expected.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 11:01am On May 05, 2021
akanniade10:

Lol....... go and read up the rules so u can dish out correct information and stop misleading the public. Can’t be bothered with your reply tho, it is expected.
Like I said before, you lack comprehensive skills.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Futureukstudent: 11:03am On May 05, 2021
I don't think this should be an issue for us to exchange words about. the rules are new and hence we may not understand how it will work. Why can't we just talk to each other maturely and fully analyze the rules so that people can know what it really says and not remain confuse. Just my own thought

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2021
hosey:

Like I said before, you lack comprehensive skills.

Just go and read up... my 2cents
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 11:07am On May 05, 2021
Futureukstudent:
Yes. You are right. According to the rules:

"A partner or child who is outside the UK cannot apply for a visa as your Graduate route dependant. They will need to apply as your Student dependant, if eligible, and come to the UK on that basis, then apply for permission to stay in the UK as your Graduate route dependant"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.