Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301069 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by captainhoo: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
Orofun1:
Ok thanks I will tell him that

At the 'download form' stage, i don't think you can change your answers/make corrections if any
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by toaldoe: 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
Thanks for your swift response. Yes, i applied to only BCU.

AAO7:

Thank you so much.

While it looks like there’s no time, there’s still some time. How long does BCU take to get out offers? Is it just BCU you applied to ?

In the interim you can check out your options
Book a tentative date for TB test online
Start putting aside your funds now

The reason I say this is, if you’re fortunate enough to get an appointment for your TB Test for July end, it’s still decent time. Once your offer is out & you have your funds counting and test date
The rest is going to be smooth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
scobyy2007:

I think your agent is doing a good job...it will be very annoying after waiting for like 20 days then suddenly pounds jumps up....u will have to start all over again or wait until something miraculous happens. I support ur agents position...In fact, I would have preferred a 1.5m addition. More money does not negatively impact ur visa outcome.

Not necessarily true.

Entry clearance officers are fully aware that applicants do not control the exchange rate/market.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmiedammie: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
Yemolu:
I was charged ¢750.38 and £370.72 for ihs and visa fee respectively . Used a pound card.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2021
mattfeuter:

Relax.

He’s actually right. As long as the money doesn’t drop a naira below your opening balance for the whole 28 days , then it’s fine.

Go back and read what he said. Then come back.
Paragraph 3 is false!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
mattfeuter:

Not necessarily true.

Entry clearance officers are fully aware that applicants do not control the exchange rate/market.

I honestly hope you guys don’t mislead people. Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
The cost hasn't changed nor is my bank liable. . I think the problem stems from the functional currency for ihs and visa fee which is in dollars . So the conversion rate from Pounds to dollars has occurred, Hence the rise in figure.
Meanwhile it's different for priority that is transmitted in pounds. So the £220 pounds won't change.
So what I have deduced is that, it cost less to use dollar card for ihs and visa fee while you use pound card for priority services.
scobyy2007:
Wawu!!! Interesting. is it that the cost has changed or UKVI is just been funny or your bank is the funny type undecided

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by EddieMurphie: 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
emmiedammie:
I want to confirm the exact amount I will be debited when paying for ihs and visa fee. Will it be exactly 705 for IHS and 348 for visa fee if paying with a pound card??

One Year Msc. Halifax bank (UK) debited £750 for ihs and £370.56 per application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kayyyjayyyyyyyy: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I read somewhere that some years back someone was denied entry to the UK and her visa revoked on the grounds that she didn’t state that she was pregnant during her visa application and that she most likely wasn’t a genuine student..

I am applying for tier 4 visa in like 4 weeks time and my wife is pregnant and I want her to come with me as I won’t have anyone to leave her with when I travel. Is there any place in my application or my wife’s application that I would have to state that my wife is pregnant?
I’m trying to make sure there won’t be any loopholes with our applications.
I am the primary applicant and she’s my dependant.
I basically just want to know if there’s a rule that says we must declare her pregnancy during application because I haven’t seen any slot during application for that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
Thank you!! You are doing very well on this platform...God Bless You Plenty!!!

AAO7:

Lol…. But it’s true. Let’s not confuse reasoning with sentiments. How can you tell someone that it’s the day 1 of when they set the money aside that matters.
Anyone who follows that advice should not be shocked when refused.

Well done for all the good work you do here by the way!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Well. This platform allows anyone to follow whatever they believe.

I will rather be conservative and follow simple instructions that wouldn't harm me than taking a risk in the face of facts. grin grin

mattfeuter:

Not necessarily true.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2021
I am not sure you properly digested what I wrote. What's sentimental about a process I have used my self and for others. I never said you shouldn't have enough money or add buffers. Sometimes even the buffer people provide doesn't cut it. It's good for folks to know what to if and when certain things happen.

The rule to proof of fund is to show clearly how you did set aside the required funds, some people actually use a letter of explanation to provide average figures, some use the exchange rate on the last day or even the first day. Just let them know how you calculated your PoF.

By the time it's August and people run into different kinds of hitch, this might be helpful.

Regards,
AAO7:

I beg to differ!
They’re reasonable not sentimental.
Where possible, add enough buffer! We have seen people be refused for this exact same thing so why take chances.

Many schools tell your explicitly that the amount required must not drop, not even for a second and then you’re saying it’s the day you set aside. THATS NOT TRUE! I can agree with the day you submit but not the day you set aside….

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by toaldoe: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hello Japhet,

At what point did you get the scholarship and how did you go about it?

japhethGold:
Hello Good people,

Please help me with this:

My school is Birmingham City University.
The school fee is GBP13,200
I got scholarship of GBP1500
I paid deposit of GBP3000
BALANCE FEE DUE NOW= 8,700GBP
Maintenance fund = 9,207GBP

Total Fund required= 17,907GBP.

Now, I have set aside NGN10,850,000.

My school agent is asking me to add another N500k. Although he confirmed that I have excess of only N500k based on the above Naira amount above in my account. However, he prefers I should have excess of N1M. So I should look for additional N500k and add to make excess funds N1M. His argument is that Naira is falling against the GBP so I should build a stronger buffer against FX rate.

Please good people would this excess amount in anyway affect my chances of getting visa approval?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
scobyy2007:
Well. This platform allows anyone to follow whatever they believe.

I will rather be conservative and follow simple instructions that wouldn't harm me than taking a risk in the face of facts. grin grin

What is the simple instruction here? Care to show me anywhere in the ukvi guidance that says you must “top up” if the rates go up??

While I agree that buffers are good, the notion shouldn’t be overstretched.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
It's not false.

But let's not bicker about it. Gracias!
AAO7:

Go back and read what he said. Then come back.
Paragraph 3 is false!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
fetomowo:
I am not sure you properly digested what I wrote. What's sentimental about a process I have used my self and for others. I never said you shouldn't have enough money or add buffers. Sometimes even the buffer people provide doesn't cut it. It's good for folks to know what to if and when certain things happen.

The rule to proof of fund is to show clearly how you did set aside the required funds, some people actually use a letter of explanation to provide average figures, some use the exchange rate on the last day or even the first day. Just let them know how you calculated your PoF.

By the time it's August and people run into different kinds of hitch, this might be helpful.

Regards,

If there is one thing I do, I read to understand first before responding.
Go back to your initial post; paragraph 3…. Not verbatim but You inferred “ the rate you used was the one on the day you set the funds aside.

While you never used the term sentiments; it will be sentimental for someone to think because it dropped on the 18th day, the Visa officer would ignore it.
Also 2013, 2017 & 2021…… a lot has happened and evolved since then.

Again, To each his own. …. People can follow any advice they want.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 2:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
Your TB test will explicitly state that she's pregnant. You can also state in while filling your form in the section for additional information. you can also do a small letter explaining this fact and upload with other documents via the TLS portal.

Ensure your TB indicates she's pregnant. Also, note that it has no negative impact on ur visa outcome!!!!

Kayyyjayyyyyyyy:
Hello Everyone,
I read somewhere that some years back someone was denied entry to the UK and her visa revoked on the grounds that she didn’t state that she was pregnant during her visa application and that she most likely wasn’t a genuine student..

I am applying for tier 4 visa in like 4 weeks time and my wife is pregnant and I want her to come with me as I won’t have anyone to leave her with when I travel. Is there any place in my application or my wife’s application that I would have to state that my wife is pregnant?
I’m trying to make sure there won’t be any loopholes with our applications.
I am the primary applicant and she’s my dependant.
I basically just want to know if there’s a rule that says we must declare her pregnancy during application because I haven’t seen any slot during application for that.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
okehsmiley:
I think you can use it like that. I used mine like that when I paid to Teeside.

Ok i will

Waiting for telex copy or is that not needed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
Oliviaxx:

No need going to the branch. Just call your account officer or customer service and request for it. Alternatively you can send them an email. That was what I did

Thanks

I just sent them an email. Waiting for their response with a copy.

I wonder why they're doing like a gbef bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kayyyjayyyyyyyy: 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
scobyy2007:
Your TB test will explicitly state that she's pregnant. You can also state in while filling your form in the section for additional information. you can also do a small letter explaining this fact and upload with other documents via the TLS portal.

Ensure your TB indicates she's pregnant. Also, note that it has no negative impact on ur visa outcome!!!!

Thanks for your response ����
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
If you are running your bank statements, pls use 620 and above. Don't follow what some people are saying that you can use Oanda rate for the day you started running your statement. It is false. UKVI will use Oanda rate for the day you do biometrics. More so, it is not compulsory your opening balance matches your closing balance in as much you don't spend beyond your required funds.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lusco(f): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hello fam please make una help me biko... All d gurus in da house.

1) school for masters btw 9-12k

2) their initial deposit...(1k initial deposit)

3)do dey ask for school fees before enrollment...I will prefer schools that does not

Please I really need help here my pple. Tanks.
Even those already in their various schools shud let me know how is done in terms enrollment. Thank u all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hapiaka: 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
Was it in ikeja?
swizken89:

Same here, my biometrics was on the 4th of june. Nothing till now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Anugoson(m): 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2021
scobyy2007:

1. 1-29 preferred

2. Yes: Accompanying (since spouse will apply later)
Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Anugoson(m): 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
AAO7:

To be safe, poster should do 30 days statement ( my opinion)
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AAO7(f): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
lusco:
Hello fam please make una help me biko... All d gurus in da house.

1) school for masters btw 9-12k

2) their initial deposit...(1k initial deposit)

3)do dey ask for school fees before enrollment...I will prefer schools that does not

Please I really need help here my pple. Tanks.
Even those already in their various schools shud let me know how is done in terms enrollment. Thank u all

Hmmmm
There are a few schools in your price range but I only know of Hull and I think it’s just September 2021 & January 2022 intake.

However, many schools will ask of 35-50% of fees by enrolment

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bossplaya1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Please, has anyone received CAS from University of Lincoln??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Exoticmm(f): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
toaldoe:
Thanks for your swift response. Yes, i applied to only BCU.

Start applying to other schools, check Uni Of Northampton. I applied to BCU mid May and I haven’t heard pim from them even after sending mails.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ab7890: 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
captainhoo:

At the 'download form' stage, i don't think you can change your answers/make corrections if any

You can download the form at anytime before the declaration stage. It is downloaded as a partially completed form and u can keep making changes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ab7890: 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ab7890:

You can download the form at anytime before the declaration stage. It is downloaded as a partially completed form and u can keep making changes.

@orofun1 .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
Wait o! Is it rate as at when you submitted your application or when you do your biometrics? There are really differing views here.
perisabc:
If you are running your bank statements, pls use 620 and above. Don't follow what some people are saying that you can use Oanda rate for the day you started running your statement. It is false. UKVI will use Oanda rate for the day you do biometrics. More so, it is not compulsory your opening balance matches your closing balance in as much you don't spend beyond your required funds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by swizken89: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
hapiaka:
Was it in ikeja?

No was in TLS Abuja

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.