Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1298318 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Teniremi: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hello everyone, please can i use Pounds Visa card to pay for Visa application and IHS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2021
AwesomeG1:
VISA ALERT!!! VISA ALERT!!! VISA ALERT!!!

Application date June 2nd (Standard)
Biometrics June 4th

On the 15th working day, i got a mail that my application wasn't straight forward so they needed more time to make a decision

July 2nd, Application Transferred to VAC
July 2nd, Travel Documents ready for collection.

Collected the passport today with my VISA intact.

1 US visa refusal (tourist)
1 SA visa refusal (tourist)

It wasn't an easy journey especially after getting the non-straight forward mail. I read so many articles about non straight forward mails and how it takes 8 - 12 weeks to get a response from the UKVI.I prayed asked God for a quick response, and i got my collection mail just after 5 working days.

To all those waiting for unconditional offer, CAS, TB Test, Biometrics and VISA, I pray everything will work out for your good in Jesus name.
congratulations, this is God at work, delay is never denial in God's agenda
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Keji3: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2021
AwesomeG1:

Biometrics June 4th

On the 15th working day, i got a mail that my application wasn't straight forward so they needed more time to make a decision

It wasn't an easy journey especially after getting the non-straight forward mail. I read so many articles about non straight forward mails and how it takes 8 - 12 weeks to get a response from the UKVI.I prayed asked God for a quick response, and i got my collection mail just after 5 working days.

To all those waiting for unconditional offer, CAS, TB Test, Biometrics and VISA, I pray everything will work out for your good in Jesus name.
AwesomeG1:

Biometrics June 4th

Congratulations to you......Amen oooooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Keji3: 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please anyone going to Middlesex University for September or January?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ifeoluwadamilol: 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
Congratulations! Glory be to God.
AwesomeG1:

Biometrics June 4th

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2021
A big congratulations to you!
Amen to your prayers.

AwesomeG1:

Biometrics June 4th

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by daholiest(m): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2021
Congratulations
Ojasope1:

visa alert!

Application date: 21 June
Biometric: 22 June
Collection email: 6 July
Collection date: 6 July
visa valid: 1 month prior course start date
Type: Standard
Dependant- spouse
University: SHU
Visa refusal: 1 US visit declared
TLS Ikeja.

Alhamdulillah for the journey so far. Thank you to everyone who made this happen. I am very grateful. Ojasope las las.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lookers191: 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2021
stbenedictus:
Hello, Good People Of NL;

I need help with some information;

- Are there good courses and good schools i can get admitted into if i apply with 2'2 (second class lower), Actuarial Science, University Of Lagos (2018 set).
(a good course depends solely on you. What are your career projections?)
Acturial science would definitely give you a wide range of courses to choose from.

- I don't want to take the IELTS, i believe i am proficient enough. I read somewhere some schools exempt Nigerians (But if it is compulsory, i definitely will take it).
IELTS is not compulsory for all the unis. There are still tons of unis that doesn't require it.

- I am skilled in Data Analytics, Public & Media Relations, Insurance and Music Business. I have few works and internships to prove some. (With you data analytics skills, write a convincing SOP and shoot your shot for anything in big data, cloud computing, data analysis etc)
I had previously travelled to UAE for 3 Months.

- I am sponsoring myself. No parents, no relatives. I don't earn salary. I am self-employed, i have 2 startups in Nigeria registered with CAC under my name. (A Music Agency and a Business intelligence Outfit).
(Funding requirement is that you either sponsor yourself, your spouse sponsors you or your parent do. So you're good to go as long as you have the required amount of money for the desired period of time. For your POF, you might need to divert all funds from your corporate accounts to your personal account.)

What is the minimum i have to build in my account for how many months to enable my chances?(your tuition plus living expenses is all you need to proof. And it must be in your account for a minimum of 28 days)

I read it's possible to get scholarships up to 70% or more sometimes. I really wouldn't mind getting one to assist me else i will have to sort for low fees courses and Programmes. (Getting a scholarship woth a 2.2 is like walking a camel through the eye of a needle. I woykd rather you focus on how to self sponsor your academics. There are automatic discounts though which some unis tag scholarships)

Will i be eligible for scholarship, considering i have 2'2?
Which scholarships can i apply for and how? Or make i no just waste my time?
Which relatively low-fee institution can i apply for?(averagely £12,000 to £15,000)
And you get your living expenses too ready. *ref to page 1 of the thread.

I wish to apply for student Visa for Masters or Post Graduate Degree or any other. I don't mind another undergraduate degree, say; a course of 2-3 years. ( Apply for your masters degree. There's no point going through the postgraduate application)

I hope the right people sees this and i get help.
(I hope the responses here help)
Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ykaa(m): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please I am trying to get a (portable) digital luggage scale. Do you know any physical supermarket (store) in Lagos where I may find varieties and possibly cheap ones? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2021
Ojasope1:

visa alert!

Application date: 21 June
Biometric: 22 June
Collection email: 6 July
Collection date: 6 July
visa valid: 1 month prior course start date
Type: Standard
Dependant- spouse
University: SHU
Visa refusal: 1 US visit declared
TLS Ikeja.

Alhamdulillah for the journey so far. Thank you to everyone who made this happen. I am very grateful. Ojasope las las.
congratulations man, God is indeed faithful, you Don get your own, your dependant don get her own, issa goal

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hello family. Please those who have received their CAS from teesside university. When you uploaded your POF do they acknowledge receipt. I have uploaded and still nothing that’s why I’m asking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
AwesomeG1:

Biometrics June 4th

I’m a very simple man, I see Visa Alert.. I like! cheesy grin

Congrats Bro!!

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OMOLOLA2017(f): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2021
Paid my deposit as well, my POF days isnt complete yet. It won't be a bad idea if you have anyone in the UK that can call the school on your behalf, you can resend your mail as well requesting for your CAS. cas@gcu.ac.uk
arstudent@gcu.ac.uk
admissions@gcu.ac.uk
enquiries@gcu.ac.uk
Hazelgrace:
Please has any prospective student of Glasgow Caledonian University gotten CAS for September 2021 intake? I sent my tuition deposit of 3500GBP which was confirmed since May 2021,i also sent my bank statement to them since 7th June 2021.
Please I will like to connect with other GCU students especially for September 2021 intake please.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TosinKate(f): 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please do the test. Even if it is not required for someone in Dubai but since you will come to Nigeria, do it.

Try to book the TB test now. You will get late dates anyway. Just do a mail to the IOM, state all your circumstances, and request for a closer date. You will get a positive response.

[quote author=Oma500 post=103404874][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TosinKate(f): 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
The only way the PoF was acknowledged is by getting a copied email sent to my bank for verification.

If you did not get this, kindly send an email to the Africa Office.

jamesobedbaisel:
Hello family. Please those who have received their CAS from Teesside university. When you uploaded your POF do they acknowledge receipt. I have uploaded and still nothing that’s why I’m asking.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by medoty: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hi Gurus in the house.
I applied for biometric and selected self service and after uploading all the documents I realised I have to wait for TB test.

My question is should I have to wait for the results of the TB test before completing the upload and submit or I can submit and later upload the test?

Secondly, can I upload documents that were not ask?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oma500(f): 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2021
chidarlus100:

I believe you can provide POF from your Sterling bank as long as it bears your name, have the required funds and does not contain any fraudulent information. They are most likely to investigate the account; meanwhile, I think its advisable to include any document that shows you are LEGALLY residing in Dubai and not a fugitive or illegal immigrant

I have already booked my flight for Nigeria will apply from Nigeria. Please my only confusion now is do I have to go for a TB I saw on the site if you are 6months less in a country that requires TB and if you are 6 months more in a country that does requires

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oma500(f): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2021
TosinKate:
Please do the test. Even if it is not required for someone in Dubai but since you will come to Nigeria, do it.

Try to book the TB test now. You will get late dates anyway. Just do a mail to the IOM, state all your circumstances, and request for a closer date. You will get a positive response.

Ok please share with me how to go about the IOM, TB test and how long does it take for the test to come out?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by iyadmin: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2021
Good day everyone. I am a silent member on this platform and having read through all the posts regarding UK student visas and all, I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has contributed so far. God bless us all.

Please pardon me incase I am posting in the wrong thread, this is my first time of posting. But I have a question?
My US visa and that of my children were revoked and presently I'm processing study route in the UK. Is there anything I should be worried about? Especially if the interviewer asks about if I have been refused a visa before?
Should I say Yes or No, because my credibility interview date is Thursday.

Your urgent response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preeskaar: 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2021
Once you submit without tb result you cant go back, you can also submit and pay for assisted service at tls to upload the test, with #11,700 I think on your biometric day

Document uploaded may not be limited to the ones stated on cas if you think they ain't straight follow enough, then the supporting document can suffix
medoty:
Hi Gurus in the house.
I applied for biometric and selected self service and after uploading all the documents I realised I have to wait for TB test.

My question is should I have to wait for the results of the TB test before completing the upload and submit or I can submit and later upload the test?

Secondly, can I upload documents that were not ask?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oma500(f): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2021
TosinKate:

But then again please what does this mean @TosinKate? Or while writing the email to IOM do I ask them if I will be needing it ?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zimzee: 12:01am On Jul 07, 2021
Is NECO acceptable as a proof of English proficiency in any UK universities? if yes, please which universities?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 12:11am On Jul 07, 2021
Zimzee:
Is NECO acceptable as a proof of English proficiency in any UK universities? if yes, please which universities?

I know of Bournemouth, but you must have at least C5 in English Language.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AwesomeG1: 1:51am On Jul 07, 2021
Yes all visa refusals were declared. It's advisable as all applications are treated on merit. Past visa refusal may only affect the application negatively if false documents were provided or something similar.

francis00:

Congratulations bro, but please I wanna ask,did you declared the visa refusal when filling out your form,I got a visa refusal when applying for US, my passport was collected sef, do I need to declare the visa refusal or @general feezy I sent an email to you, please check it out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kemiajiboye(f): 2:04am On Jul 07, 2021
Oma500:

I have already booked my flight for Nigeria will apply from Nigeria. Please my only confusion now is do I have to go for a TB I saw on the site if you are 6months less in a country that requires TB and if you are 6 months more in a country that does requires
I will advise you do a TB test in Dubai because there's no Available date in Lagos or Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by laweps(f): 2:48am On Jul 07, 2021
AwesomeG1:
Yes all visa refusals were declared. It's advisable as all applications are treated on merit. Past visa refusal may only affect the application negatively if false documents were provided or something similar.

@AwesomeG1
What if the person had travelled to UK before and didn't declare past refusal in previous application. Should he declare it now in present application or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:48am On Jul 07, 2021
Ykaa:
Hi everyone,

Please I am trying to get a (portable) digital luggage scale. Do you know any physical supermarket (store) in Lagos where I may find varieties and possibly cheap ones? Thanks.

Game.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:50am On Jul 07, 2021
Teniremi:
Hello everyone, please can i use Pounds Visa card to pay for Visa application and IHS

Yes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.