Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1300611 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
Emia:
Hello guys please I need your opinion. My sponsor is my aunt (in the UK) and my brother but I understand I have to use either my parents' or my account statement. If I have them transfer the money to my account or my parent's account will that not raise any red flags considering the inflow for both accounts is low as I am currently unemployed and by dad earns little under 100k a month.
P. S: I'm going for a masters degree

No. It won’t.

Let her transfer it to YOUR account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:34pm On Jan 14, 2021
Victorex001:
Hello House...pls I’m a bit worried and need your opinion.

My school is outside London.

Maintenance money is 1050 for 9months = £9,450
The balance of my school fees is £6000

Totally £15,450.

I submitted my documents yesterday and according to Oanda it was 517../£. I did my Biometric today and the rate on Oanda is 519.../£

Using an exchange rate of Approximately 520£.
£15,450 X 520 = 8.034m

What I had in my account for 34 days is 8.4m.

I hope this would be convincing to them at the embassy, I’m very scared.

Pls house, I neee your opinions.

You need 8.034 but you have 8.4m ....please tell me what is there to be scared about . You clearly have enough funds

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Emia: 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
mattfeuter:

No. It won’t.

Let her transfer it to YOUR account.
Thank you very much for the swift reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Emia: 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2021
Sorry please, one more question. My intended course is a two years masters. I have the full fees for the first year and the living cost. Do I also have to show the remaining tuition for the second year too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2021
@bolded is all you need for your application. 2nd year not required.

Emia:
Sorry please, one more question. My intended course is a two years masters. I have the full fees for the first year and the living cost. Do I also have to show the remaining tuition for the second year too?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Emia: 1:44pm On Jan 14, 2021
Bourne007:
@bolded is all you need for your application. 2nd year not required.

OK great. Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
LagosismyHome:

You need 8.034 but you have 8.4m ....please tell me what is there to be scared about . You clearly have enough funds

The exchange rate fluctuates, that’s my worry.

One time last week, the exchange rate got to 530/£
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SameeD96: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hello everyone
Good afternoon, please I have a question.
Is there a way to upgrade to priority after paying the IHS fees and VISA fees, but I've not gone for biometrics.

I applied yesterday when news was that priority was cancelled, and now it's back on.
Is there a way around it please? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by R0LL0N(m): 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
Samgalaxy:
Please did you also submit your biometric yesterday?

A friend submitted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by R0LL0N(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
Victorex001:

I didn’t use transcript to obtain admission, due to the long ASUU strike...but I submitted the Evidence documents used to obtain admission as stated on the CAS (Statement of Result, NECO Certificate). I hope this won’t be a problem Sir?
It Shouldnt be. All documents used to obtain admission should be uploaded including documents stated on CAS

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 1:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
I did my Biometric today...trying to track my application with the app but the app is loading endlessly.

Who’s experiencing similar problems pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Aderin0la: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please has anybody here tried to use TLSCONTACT’s tracking app recently? Say between yesterday and today?
For some reason it’s not working. Wanna be sure it’s not just me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greenville990: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
Greenville990:
Hi all,

I applied with my dependents and got VISAS for all. During my application though, I INDICATED THAT ALL THREE OF US WILL ARRIVE TOGETHER.

After deep considerations we agreed that I (student) proceed first, make/ensure the accommodation is conducive for our infant son.

Then they will join me 3 weeks after my arrival.

I hope these arrangement will not raise any flag at POE especially because I checked the box of arriving together with the family

I need answers please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Aderin0la: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
Ok this is confirmation that I’m not alone

Victorex001:
I did my Biometric today...trying to track my application with the app but the app is loading endlessly.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
Emia:
Hello guys please I need your opinion. My sponsor is my aunt (in the UK) and my brother but I understand I have to use either my parents' or my account statement. If I have them transfer the money to my account or my parent's account will that not raise any red flags considering the inflow for both accounts is low as I am currently unemployed and by dad earns little under 100k a month.

It’s not a crime to be sponsored by your parents, uncles, aunties or whoever to go study abroad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
R0LL0N:

It Shouldnt be. All documents used to obtain admission should be uploaded including documents stated on CAS

Thanks ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2021
Aderin0la:
Ok this is confirmation that I’m not alone

Na wa o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greenville990: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2021
Emia:

No red flag will be raised. After all bulk deposits are made, you will fund with a meager sum on a different date which will be your start date for printing.

Your employment status in some cases is a requirement by school to grant admission and cas.

Cross that part and you will have smooth sailing

I'm happy you have a sponsor, cos you genuinely need these funds to survive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fynblackboy(m): 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2021
hello guys....I just received a collection mail. without a decision mail. I just hope all is well with my application. who has received such before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by honeycandy(f): 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kemkem93:

My sister na each member of the dependents! I.e each must have their own £845/680*9 separately though might be in the same account.

Na wa ooo. Nairalanders that travel with their families, how do you guys do it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2021
Victorex001:

Exchange rate used is the day you submit the application online...... apart from that date. No other day exchange rate matters to your application not even the exchange rate on day of biometric or tomorrow

So relax your mind

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 2:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
Victorex001:
Hello House...pls I’m a bit worried and need your opinion.

My school is outside London.

Maintenance money is 1050 for 9months = £9,450
The balance of my school fees is £6000

Totally £15,450.

I submitted my documents yesterday and according to Oanda it was 517../£. I did my Biometric today and the rate on Oanda is 519.../£

Using an exchange rate of Approximately 520£.
£15,450 X 520 = 8.034m

What I had in my account for 34 days is 8.4m.

I hope this would be convincing to them at the embassy, I’m very scared.

Pls house, I neee your opinions.

Maintenance money required is actually £1023 a month for study outside London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samoludayo: 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hello hux, I got decision mail on Monday 11th January, no collection mail yet, I paid for DHL, Anyone that got decision mail on Monday with or without collection mail yet? TLS Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by starboychan: 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
The caseworker will use the exchange rate on the day you submitted your visa application online. Nothing to worry about, you're good to go

Victorex001:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ultra1987: 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hi just wise and all

Please I need help , my cousin is about applying for her student visa

For those who have applied the past month

*Please is walk in still in place ?

*Has interview resumed ?

*Which is a faster process , ikeja or island ?

*Can she use the same bank statement as the one she sent to the school ? It’s only about 10 days old, or should she print a fresh one ?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SameeD96: 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please kindly help here. Is there way to upgrade to priority service from standard after payment.
I'm going for biometrics tomorrow, is it possible to upgrade there?
Please, who has an idea? Help me, please o
SameeD96:
Hello everyone
Good afternoon, please I have a question.
Is there a way to upgrade to priority after paying the IHS fees and VISA fees, but I've not gone for biometrics.

I applied yesterday when news was that priority was cancelled, and now it's back on.
Is there a way around it please? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by honeycandy(f): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hello fam,

So I just got admission to a school in the UK. Please what do you think should be the next step? I intend going with my family. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Aare0506: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
I thought I was alone, the app has been doing like that for days here too... I guess there's an issue then!
Victorex001:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by R0LL0N(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
SameeD96:
Please kindly help here. Is there way to upgrade to priority service from standard after payment.
I'm going for biometrics tomorrow, is it possible to upgrade there?
Please, who has an idea? Help me, please o
Yes very sure. You can even make payment today. Login to your tls contact page. Ensure you have a dollar or domiciliary card to be able to make payment. Someone can make payment for you in abroad. Then after payment, print out your payment page. Take the printout with you including your previously to confirmation printout for ur biometric tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fynblackboy(m): 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2021
please is it right for tls contact to send you decision email. I just recived decision email from tls contact

Our Visa Application Centre in Abuja is open.
Please check collection times and the centre
address on our website.
A decision has now been made on your visa
application and you will be able to collect your
passport at our centre.
Your travel document and supporting
documents are now ready for collection at the
TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. Please
read carefully the below instruction to retrieve
your document.
Collection in person
Please come with the following:
Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist;
Your Original Photographic ID;
Copy of Your Photographic ID;
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your
minor child)*.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Towotowo: 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
Your next step is to pay your deposit and request for CAS.

Then go for TB test for you and your family as you await CAS to be sent to you. Meanwhile you should have your Proof of funds which will show you have enough money for maintenance of 9months and the remainder of your tuition fee for 28days. You still must show that you have enough money for all your family member for 9months also

Dont forget that it is a must you go with your partner if you are going with kids at the same time.

Read more on page 1 to 3 of this thread for all details you need

honeycandy:
Hello fam,

So I just got admission to a school in the UK. Please what do you think should be the next step? I intend going with my family. Thank you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Aare0506: 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
Is it a priority or standard application? And have you checked your TLS tracking link to see if all has been marked?
fynblackboy:
hello guys....I just received a collection mail. without a decision mail. I just hope all is well with my application. who has received such before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.