Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301483 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TobyTreasure: 10:20am On Jul 28, 2021
Tokenotp:
Please na, I need IOM' website to book TB test!!!

Una dey disguise dodge my question bah?!! Abeg someone nice should help me!!

Check page 1.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Justyno301: 10:23am On Jul 28, 2021
gbopemi:
Good morning,

I am going there, September 2021 intake.

Nice e be like sey we plenty for here..I’m travelling in 2weeks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prettytorlar(f): 10:24am On Jul 28, 2021
We plenty

osewadare:
Who's going to SHU (Sept). Let's connect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mohtunrahyor(f): 10:24am On Jul 28, 2021
teesmane:
Good morning fellows....we have been having difficulties booking online with IOM for tuberculosis test. The prompt always received is "error encountered...try again". This has been happening for like two weeks now. yesterday my wife was hopefully success with the booking until I realized during the course of printing the appointment that she mistakenly picked Norway as nationality. The appointment is for a family of 4. Please is there a way to change the nationality? Should we cancel bearing in mind the difficulties we had booking d appointment? Pls kindly advise.
Don’t cancel, you can correct the nationality on the appointment day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by illocution: 10:25am On Jul 28, 2021
Good morning Gurus.

Please who else is waiting for unconditional offer from HULL? It's almost 6 weeks since I uploaded my reference letter and I still haven't gotten the unconditional offer, I don mail tire. I even called the admissions office last week and they said I should be patient till month end. Month is almost ending again. Now my POF is ready and no unconditional offer so I can pay deposit and get CAS. Please any advice on how to go about it? My HULL people please help out, it's getting really frustrating.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Justyno301: 10:34am On Jul 28, 2021
Ojasope1:

I booked for a Friday BA for 299,999 for student and 378,000 for dependant through aeroland.
Nice are you under 30yrs of age? And are u travelling from Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 10:36am On Jul 28, 2021
Justyno301:

Nice are you under 30yrs of age? And are u travelling from Abuja?
Is it from 30 years downwards or 29 years downwards..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2021
Bourne007:
You are right but this exactly proves my point. UKVI exempted because there's a global pandemic where students are impacted financially, mentally, medically, psychological you name it. What then happens to for instance giving birth during school. Are you saying they will discriminate against her when the uni knows quite well they can extend her visa using the re-sit option and can prove academic progression? And don't forget that the bolded was implemented because of those who purposely fail their module. You and I know quite well that if it can be proven beyond doubt that it's not the case, UKVI wouldn't have issues extending.

I don't know anyone who's re-sat. I am certain some students have gone through the re-sitting process with no impact but you cannot say they will not issue CAS. Plus as it stands, this temp rule overwrites the current rule as the impact of covid on individual cases are different.

Let's just hope no one repeats or have to re-sit a module smiley

You are miss-applying that rule, if you came to the UK pregnant and during your studies you gave birth and as a result you failed one or two modules or unable to finish your course then that got nothing to do with covid, if you tested positive or school activities got affected because of covid then the rule applies.

Giving birth is not part of your academic program and it got nothing to do with the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2021
teesmane:
Good morning fellows....we have been having difficulties booking online with IOM for tuberculosis test. The prompt always received is "error encountered...try again". This has been happening for like two weeks now. yesterday my wife was hopefully success with the booking until I realized during the course of printing the appointment that she mistakenly picked Norway as nationality. The appointment is for a family of 4. Please is there a way to change the nationality? Should we cancel bearing in mind the difficulties we had booking d appointment? Pls kindly advise.

Correct it when you go there for your AP.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2021
Ojasope1:

I booked for a Friday BA for 299,999 for student and 378,000 for dependant through aeroland.

How were you able to book as a student. Link pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pascalinho4real: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2021
gbopemi:
Good morning,

I am going there, September 2021 intake.

Send me email pascalinho4real@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kacek: 10:52am On Jul 28, 2021
justwise:

If priority service works the way it should then the main applicant will collect first before the rest of the family but from what i have seen here priority service is becoming a waste of money.

@justwise thank you for this Swift response. Please why did you say priority service is now a waste of money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2021
What if pregnancy was during school, what if one gets hit by a bus nko? You making it sound like re-sit is terrible and CAS cannot be issued.

justwise:

You are miss-applying that rule, if you came to the UK pregnant and during your studies you gave birth and as a result you failed one or two modules or unable to finish your course then that got nothing to do with covid, if you tested positive or school activities got affected because of covid then the rule applies.

Giving birth is not part of your academic program and it got nothing to do with the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by teesmane: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2021
Thank you
ccurrie:

Correct it when you go there for your AP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kacek: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2021
@justwise if someone's chest x-ray dosent come out good is there a way to fast track the 8weeks wait period as the person is choked on time. Someone here mentioned doing a mantoux test and submitting visa application with it while waiting for the 8weeks. Any suggestions please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by reelmaxi: 11:04am On Jul 28, 2021
ifeoluwadamilol:

From my personal experience with them, Hull does not accept NECO, had to submit my WAEC CERTIFICATE.

True that, I should have uploaded my WAEC result it I knew they didn't accept NECO.

Please I'm confused about exchange rate for Proof of fund, i need to show £17,000 for POF.

How do I calculate this:
1. 17,000 X 568 = N 9,662,860 (official rate Oanda' calculator)

2. 17,000 X 700 = N 11,900,000 (parallel 'black market' rate)

I'm really confused about what rate I'm work towards.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by realone2012: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2021
Angelswt:
Hi,

If you are in Lagos or Abuja, go to their office and book manually.

You may get a closer date.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by realone2012: 11:15am On Jul 28, 2021
Please where can I get WAEC scratch card in Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2021
Kacek:

@justwise thank you for this Swift response. Please why did you say [b]priority service [/b]is now a waste of money?

Your application is treated like standard one in most cases even as you paid more. Those who paid for standard get it faster in some cases.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Jul 28, 2021
Bourne007:
What if pregnancy was during school
, what if one gets hit by a bus nko? You making it sound like re-sit is terrible and CAS cannot be issued.

Still not covid related, its your personal decision to get pregnant at that time. If you got hit by bus that is called an accident and its a completely different case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2021
Kacek:
@justwise if someone's chest x-ray dosent come out good is there a way to fast track the 8weeks wait period as the person is choked on time.
Someone here mentioned doing a mantoux test and submitting visa application with it while waiting for the 8weeks. Any suggestions please

I'm not sure if that is possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2021
reelmaxi:

True that, I should have uploaded my WAEC result it I knew they didn't accept NECO.

Please I'm confused about exchange rate for Proof of fund, i need to show £17,000 for POF.

How do I calculate this:
Uk uses oanda rate but you can add additional 50-80 naria incase of fluctuation.. You never can tell...

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayalade123: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2021
Glink2018:

And for those who have gotten CAS from Teesside University, I just want to ask if the school conducted an oral interview for you after answering sending your mandatory questionnaire answer to the school...

Close to 3 weeks no CAS....still waiting...

How far? Have you received your CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by japhethGold: 11:39am On Jul 28, 2021
Go to WAEC office in Yaba-Jibowu. The women who sell stationery opposite WAEC office do sell the cards as well.

realone2012:
Please where can I get WAEC scratch card in Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by engrofodile: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2021
realone2012:
Guys please, I want to book TB, and the next closest date for Lagos is Mid October, and I need it next month.
Please, what do you recommend I do?

No need calling or emailing them. If you need it that badly, go to the venue and know if you can get an immediate appointment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by corpershun: 11:43am On Jul 28, 2021
corpershun:
Hi Gurus in the House!
Please I need help And Advice!!!
Got unconditional offer to UWE, Bristol -Data Science, £13, 750
Conditional offer to University of Plymouth- Data Science and Business Analytics - 14,200 pounds
Conditional offer to Ulster- International Business with Data Analytics - 11,250 pounds
Offer to DeMontfort - 14,600 Pounds
I am currently bias to UWE Bristol as a school but I wish the course is a mix of data science and analytics.
Is Data Science as lucrative as Data Analytics, note that the modules are almost similar but which looks better on CV in terms of job prospects.
@Justwise please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by engrofodile: 11:43am On Jul 28, 2021
[quote author=Fk1987 post=104177356][/quote]

I think it's official rate but bring the figure up to around 585 just incase of fluctuations. I am not certain though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by engrofodile: 11:46am On Jul 28, 2021
reelmaxi:

How do I calculate this:

Thank you.
I think it's official rate but bring the figure up to around 585 just incase of fluctuations. I am not certain though

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by seeseun(f): 11:52am On Jul 28, 2021
seeseun:
Urgent Guidance required, @justwise & Others

Whilst filling my Childs Dependant visa application, I added another 0 (zero) in front
of her passport number in error. Am I to cancel the application, request a refund and
submit a fresh one, kindly note that I didn't notice until I had paid the VISA and IHS fee and gotten
to the TLS summary page.

Leaning towards cancelling and requesting for a refund, although a big pain in the butt at the moment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
Oliviaxx:

5th August was available yesterday for VI. That was the closest I saw

Thanks really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by japhethGold: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello Good people,

I submitted my biometrics at TLS in Victoria Island yesterday.

I got an email that my application was transferred to Decision Making Committee yesterday.

My question is: How do I track my application on TLS website given that I have applied for priority application and I am expecting my visa next week Monday.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.