Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301070 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sniperaz: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
CAS issuance is not just down to the Uni, its HO document. The uni only apply for it on your behalf and its not free either. It also depends on how quickly HO responds to them. Teeside is very popular among tier 4, so i can understand if they say they have an unprecedented number. There are also metrics off the back of these documents ie how many CAS issued was succesfully granted a visa, how many was used within the stated time..so when you consider all of those factors, you can understand why some schools issue CAS rather quickly and some may be taking some time. Same reason why some schools ask for POF and do interviews while some dont..

okehsmiley:

This Teesside matter tire me..is it that they are not issuing CAS at all? This experience ehn! I will never advice anyone to apply to that school.

I have sent countless emails yet no response.. all I get is that they have an unprecedented amount of applications this year. Like other schools don't have high application volumes?

At this point, I don't know what else to do.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
Okrikarepublik:
Cool that you have familiarized yourself.
I wouldn't notice because my card is Master.
Success

Straight master card with no dollar setup?

Nigerian ones have a limit hence the reason why most people run Gtbank dollar master card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
sniperaz:
CAS issuance is not just down to the Uni, its HO document. The uni only apply for it on your behalf and its not free either. It also depends on how quickly HO responds to them. Teeside is very popular among tier 4, so i can understand if they say they have an unprecedented number. There are also metrics off the back of these documents ie how many CAS issued was succesfully granted a visa, how many was used within the stated time..so when you consider all of those factors, you can understand why some schools issue CAS rather quickly and some may be taking some time. Same reason why some schools ask for POF and do interviews while some dont..

Any probability they'd run it by mid next month?

Seems a lot of people have issues with them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hunreal9:
Good day Gurus

Thanks much for all you do!.

I would love to ask that for TIer 4 visa, what should be the duration/length of the running of the bank statement? (I mean the length of the dates of the opening balance and closing balance).

Thanks much.

Minimum of 28 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
prissyllar:

I used a VISA dollar card
Also know someone that use VISA card and paid over 6k dollars with it

Did you pay from Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sniperaz: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
I lived in Sheffield. Its an AMAZING multi-cultural city. Personally I think its one of the few multicultural cities that still very much has the traditional British life.
Manchester and Leeds arent too far from you when you start looking for proper corporate office jobs. And Sheffield itself has Royal Mail facility and a lot of contact center jobs in Rotheram. Goodluck.

Aminess1:
This thread is a wonderful place to source for ideas..
all thanks to the gurus.

I’m really trying so hard to decide on which city to stay for job availability and conducive environment to bring up kids. We’re family if 4 and already gotten our visas. I’m to study at SHU (Sheffield) but classes are two times a week and online for now. I’m seriously considering staying with my family in a city where we can find good jobs and good houses to raise our little kids.

Please help. The gurus in the house. Everybody. Kindly help me .

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by japhethGold: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hello Good people,

I have been using TLS app to track my visa application progress and it worked well yesterday. As at yesterday Application was with Decision making center, however, the app is just buffering today and could not let me know which stage my application is at.

Please is it network issues with the app or is the application being worked on?

Note: I did priority and so I am expecting decision latest on Monday next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hunreal9: 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Dumebi213:

Read Page 1
Thanks much for your reply.

...got what I needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hunreal9: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2021
hustla:

Minimum of 28 days
Thanks much for your reply.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Glink2018(m): 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2021
sniperaz:
CAS issuance is not just down to the Uni, its HO document. The uni only apply for it on your behalf and its not free either. It also depends on how quickly HO responds to them. Teeside is very popular among tier 4, so i can understand if they say they have an unprecedented number. There are also metrics off the back of these documents ie how many CAS issued was succesfully granted a visa, how many were used within the stated time..so when you consider all of those factors, you can understand why some schools issue CAS rather quickly and some may be taking some time. Same reason why some schools ask for POF and do interviews while some don't.

I suspect you as one of the Teesside University representatives ....bro, we appreciate what the school has been doing but we need them to do more...
I read someone's post, saying, he has been waiting for his CAS for more than 6 weeks....abba!
We are using this medium to express our appreciation and also advise the school to do more for all the applicants who have pending CAS issue...

I cum. in piss...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sniperaz: 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
Well said boss.
But I'm not a rep for any of the schools. its just many years of dealing with these kind of issues and a little bit of understanding of how these things work with HO and sponsors.

Glink2018:

I suspect you as one of the Teesside University representatives ....bro, we appreciate what the school has been doing but we need them to do more...
I read someone's post, saying, he has been waiting for his CAS for more than 6 weeks....abba!
We are using this medium to express our appreciation and also advise the school to do more for all the applicants who have pending CAS issue...

I cum. in piss...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmiedammie: 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Nawa ooo. Application has been received at DMC since Tuesday morning still there. This wait is something else even with the priority
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PopoolaD(m): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Good day gurus,
Please, I need your advice. For someone who has been denied US student visa, 3 times for 1 particular school, and who is applying for UK student Visa, can such person declare these denials when filling the UK visa form? What do you suggest/advice?
I would appreciate your assistance.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babygal1990: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2021
Pls those who got call to submit dia passport back for correction last week, how far? Any update for pick up yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hello my people. Urgent one biko. I used foreign passport for TB test for minor. I was told at IOM that it should be the same passport as will be used for visa application. Naija passport wasn't ready but it's ready now. Which passport should I use for the visa application? I recall that someone here said he used foreign passport for minor and hadn't got the minor's passport back from UKVI even long after he (OP) and his spouse got theirs.

All inputs will be appreciated. Thanks guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
PopoolaD:
Good day gurus,
Please, I need your advice. For someone who has been denied US student visa, 3 times for 1 particular school, and who is applying for UK student Visa, can such person declare these denials when filling the UK visa form? What do you suggest/advice?
I would appreciate your assistance.
Thank you.

Yes please declare. Just have your CAS and POF and you are good to go if your previous refusals were not due to anything fraudulent

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TobyTreasure: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2021
Basirat6279:
Please do you have any refusal and have you submit it. Because I have a refusal from US and does that affect the application decision

I had and I declared it whenever I'm asked. It affected only one school out of about 8 or so that I applied for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prissyllar: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2021
hustla:

Did you pay from Nigeria?
Yes
GT dollar card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pauloot(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
Basirat6279:
Please do you have any refusal and have you submit it. Because I have a refusal from US and does that affect the application decision
I had US refusal also, they requested for it and latter concluded they can’t go on with my application because of my refusal with US.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Domistic: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
lets connect, we are going to Headington too. oxford brookes. i sent you a Dm
Josh121:

Same shoes here oooo, we are going to headington oxford, houses there is just too expensive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gtessy: 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Bisunique25:
Good day everyone, I’m really in a confused state of mind on what to do now. It’s been close to eight weeks now that my son did his capturing at ikoyi passport office, but up till now, there have no response from the office apart from them calling to ask for his NIN number. We really need this passport for Tb test and visa application. Please house what can we do?

I am in same dilemma as you and same Ikoyi office since June. My application is due for submission next week, my son and husband’s passport is yet to be out after capturing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Coolcube: 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
You can go and be the hosts... some of us are January 2022 Batch....SHU

Gtessy:

Hi, let’s connect I am going to SHU too with family.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
Guys, take it from someone who has also come here for the first time to ask questions that would have been answered if I had done a little reading. When you first come to this thread, read page 1, I promise you, half of your questions would be answered, this would save you the time you are using to wait for replies and also give you some insights pending answers you will receive.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2021
Dumebi213:
Guys, take it from someone who has also come here for the first time to ask questions that would have been answered if I had done a little reading. When you first come to this thread, read page 1, I promise you, half of your questions would be answered, this would save you the time you are using to wait for replies and also give you some insights pending answers you will receive.

I'm telling you. You'll even be advising too.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ariyike23(f): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
For someone who has a fiance ( a british National ) that lives in the UK , does it affect study visa ? We both have a physical relationship even if it’s LDR (not online ) . In a previous Uk visit visa , he was mentioned in the Cover letter so the UKVI knows about his existence . Will this affect the study visa ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
ccurrie:
Hello my people. Urgent one biko. I used foreign passport for TB test for minor. I was told at IOM that it should be the same passport as will be used for visa application. Naija passport wasn't ready but it's ready now. Which passport should I use for the visa application? I recall that someone here said he used foreign passport for minor and hadn't got the minor's passport back from UKVI even long after he (OP) and his spouse got theirs.

All inputs will be appreciated. Thanks guys

Oya o. I hardly ask questions. I do more of responding to questions. Now I have one. Make una contribute biko.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Tolvin:
Very true oh. I had to lodge in a hotel close to the VAC and I got there today at 2:30am (yes I did).I started the list for walk-in today and I am still there.

Really? Wow.....what could be reason why you are still there

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Coolcube: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Kudith:
Is there anyone going to Hallam Sheffield university university for Jan 2022 intake

We dey here!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2021
Olawale1993:
If you plan to use the walking-in service at Ikeja TLS please you can kindly do that but you just have to go there very early. Just left there now. Thanks

Sure someone will not use VI centre like this. This Ikeja stories are becoming scary

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PopoolaD(m): 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thank you so much. My previous refusals were not due to anything fraudulent. God bless you.
ccurrie:

Yes please declare. Just have your CAS and POF and you are good to go if your previous refusals were not due to anything fraudulent

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hello

Please has anyone been able to make payment for Priority and VI Centre on the TLS page today? It keeps bringing errors of unsuccessful payment for both Visa and Master Dollar Cards.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Josh121(m): 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2021
Domistic:
lets connect, we are going to Headington too. oxford brookes. i sent you a Dm

Sure

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.