Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1300235 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Wegothere: 6:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Greatnesslomo:
dis she say anything about your application process?i am fed up with this escalation thing abeg.why would they collect money for visa application spanning 15working days snd then turn the whole thing to a game?so unprofessional of them!the annoying thing is they keep processing new applications despite the backlog of applications with them!everything that has to do with nigeria must always get k-leg sha ni!

I am currently running out of patience. I will go to TLS office tomorrow and tell them I want to collect my passport. It is possible the passport is back with them. It is over 21days today without any communication from them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bluehorizo(m): 6:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
wakandaprincess:
Me too�

I have been here thinking nobody is going in my direction.

Hi Princess,you are not left alone!

Victorex001:

Yes! Same school?

Yes bro....let's hookup!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
Victorex001:

Ohhh okay...I think that’s ok but still recheck and made sure everything is put correctly.

Mine was $1665 for 2yrs

Ok thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yansky(m): 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
Wizzy2010:

Congrats, is this lagos or abuja?

Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracedom: 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
cutieb:

It's not up to you to add extra months for your dependants since you don't have a visa yet. Nothing to worry about from other people's experience.

It's even stated on the ukvi site that if the IHS isn't up to the amount required, you will be notified via email to pay up the difference (worse case)

I had same concern but not anymore

Ok better o. Thanks a lot, I’m calm now. The countdown begins...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
Wegothere:

I am currently running out of patience. I will go to TLS office tomorrow and tell them I want to collect my passport. It is possible the passport is back with them. It is over 21days today without any communication from them
you better dont waste your tfare and time going there.track on tlscontact and check the status first.i’s so frustrating really.this,they would NEVER do to their own citizens!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Shinningstar01: 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
Gracedom:
Pls IHS calculated 1320USD for me as main applicant and 990USD for each dependent (I used end course date for them as visa expiry date as I don’t have a visa yet)
17mnths course

I hope I’m correct
You are correct. That was what I got when I did for l and my dependants. Same length of course and same amount. We got our visas on the 6th of January

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by teametwin(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2021
Oga dey calm down oo worry no dey solve any problem. Me weh do for 12 sef I never dey panic.

Victorex001:

Thanks. I’m so worried.

Didn’t get any mail today...Did Biometric on 14th, Ikeja (Priority)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2021
bluehorizo:
Hi Princess,you are not left alone!

Yes bro....let's hookup!

Sure, mail me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2021
Dj2019:
You can use it. Just attach scratch card for confirmation

Can waec online printout be used to replace waec certificate.

Thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
wakandaprincess:
Me too�

I have been here thinking nobody is going in my direction.

Nice to meet you...link up?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
debuchy:
. Hopefully it wld come out tomoro.stay calm and be prayerful

Thanks ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bluehorizo(m): 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2021
Victorex001:

You have a mail from me. Reply with your Whatsapp#
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
bluehorizo:

You have a mail from me. Reply with your Whatsapp#

Done.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
Advice needed guys;

Wifey is going for masters in broadcast journalism. We applying for the visa together.

I have a bachelors degree in Agric economics obtained in 2010. However, this travel decision has made me decide to pursue a career in nursing.

As a dependant, I plan to do care jobs for as long, to get the experience and knowledge needed.

Which is advisable between getting a Bsc (3yrs) or Msc (2yrs)

Does any of the degree have advantage over the other when it comes to becoming registered with NMC.

Ps: I have B.Agric in the year 2010.

Lagosismyhome Mimilyrics Omopapa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by wakandaprincess(f): 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sure, sending you a mail.

Victorex001:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SamReinvented: 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2021
teametwin:
Thank you for your response. I was thinking the UKVI might want to call to confirm if the money is still in the account. I just want to be careful so I don't mess things up.

Well if they do, they’d also see on your CAS database that you’ve paid additional tuition that is equivalent to what’s missing in your account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nattyd17: 12:04am On Jan 20, 2021
Please guru's in the house.who has paid school fees through Form A.please which bank is the fastest at good rate. Please I need a reply. God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 12:18am On Jan 20, 2021
Nattyd17:
Please guru's in the house.who has paid school fees through Form A.please which bank is the fastest at good rate. Please I need a reply. God bless

Keystone,ecobank, Sterling and providus all usually deliver form A within 3-5 days

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by adeadebimpe: 1:16am On Jan 20, 2021
RealBae:
I have a cousin who is having the same issue with you
University of Salford delayed and her TB expired, now they are asking her to present a new TB certificate from now till morning of Jan 22nd or she won’t get her CAS again

You need to go there and gate crash
Go with your proof of payment and print out and explain your predicament

She stays in the East but on her way to Lagos to get that done tomorrow

Good luck

I finally got this sorted out. They updated my date to Thursday after so much begging. Tell her to send a mail and call them. She should keep calling non-stop, no matter what she heard the last time. Also, if she doesn't get her mail with an updated date, she shouldn't leave there. Preferably, the last number - 09092156079

Best of luck to her!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samoludayo: 1:44am On Jan 20, 2021
@ victor expect your decision mail today by the grace of God
Victorex001:

Thanks. I’m so worried.

Didn’t get any mail today...Did Biometric on 14th, Ikeja (Priority)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cuntento(m): 1:52am On Jan 20, 2021
Please how do people travel with or have access to their living expenses fund exceeding £10,000 ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dramaqueen12345(f): 2:14am On Jan 20, 2021
Good morning everyone.

I think i might have made a mistake in my application. Ukvi calculated IHS as 994.68 USD and visa as 491.00 USD. I have already made payment but when i went back to my note, i noticed IHS is usually higher since you’re meant to pay for a year and 6months. My course is for a year by the way. Please how do i rectify it? Abi is my God favoring me already? Should i sleep tight or start crying?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dramaqueen12345(f): 2:17am On Jan 20, 2021
Also what does the first page of visa application form look like? Cos I can see it is one of the document to bring along when coming. Is it the page that allows you fill your details a d then you progress to other pages? Please this is urgent. I plan to do a walk in on Thursday. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Uktocanada: 4:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Please who will sell pounds to me @620
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 5:25am On Jan 20, 2021
cuntento:
Please how do people travel with or have access to their living expenses fund exceeding £10,000 ?

Check the current rules before you travel here and see how much you are allowed to travel with and the limit above which you have to declare: https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

You can spend some of your money in the UK using your usual naira debit card. However, note that most if not all banks currently have tight limits on using naira-denominated cards abroad, so you need to clarify with your bank before you leave.

You could also convert your naira to sterling, open a domiciliary account and pay in the money, then transfer it to an account in the UK when you've gotten here and opened one. Note that there's no way to convert naira to sterling at the official rate except for whatever PTA allowance you can get (return ticket required).

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dallas1122: 7:16am On Jan 20, 2021
SamReinvented:

It’s not an organized school. You’d even thank your stars, if you ever get a feedback on your application. I’d say apply (It’s free afterall), but apply to other schools as well so you won’t waste your time.

Thanks boss. Please what else can you say about the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bam09: 7:26am On Jan 20, 2021
Pls is anyone having trouble logging in to the Tls app? Keeps loading and not opening
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PtBlank: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2021
If your course is for a year, then you have paid the right amount. IHS will be £(470+235) which comes to £705. You'll get roughly the amount you paid of you convert to USD
Dramaqueen12345:
Good morning everyone.

I think i might have made a mistake in my application. Ukvi calculated IHS as 994.68 USD and visa as 491.00 USD. I have already made payment but when i went back to my note, i noticed IHS is usually higher since you’re meant to pay for a year and 6months. My course is for a year by the way. Please how do i rectify it? Abi is my God favoring me already? Should i sleep tight or start crying?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by iCode2: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2021
Pls who has any link to cheap flight to London or Birmingham?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 8:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Bam09:
Pls is anyone having trouble logging in to the Tls app? Keeps loading and not opening

Same...since last week.

Track on your Log in site.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mindlog: 8:20am On Jan 20, 2021
iCode2:
Pls who has any link to cheap flight to London or Birmingham?

You need to add your price range.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.