Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause (3311 Views)

Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members / BREAKING: Akwa Ibom Governor Allegedly Disrupts Assembly Sitting / Akwa Ibom Governor Denies Plan To Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Benesis: 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
Idongesit Nkanga, the chairman of Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) and a former military governor of Akwa Ibom State, is dead.

Mr Nkanga passed on in an undisclosed hospital in Uyo on Christmas Eve, his political associate and a family member told PREMIUM TIMES, Friday morning.

There are speculations that Mr Nkanga died of COVID-19. PREMIUM TIMES is yet to independently verify this.

He was 68.

The late Mr Nkanga was Akwa Ibom governor from September 1990 to January during Ibrahim Babangida’s military regime. Ufot Ekaette, who later became the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, was his deputy.

He retired as an air commodore in the Nigerian Airforce.

As the chairman of PANDEF, Mr Nkanga was very vocal in the campaign for the restructuring of Nigeria and the development of the country’s Niger Delta region.

ThisDay published on December 24 an interview it had with Mr Nkanga where he talked about non-completion of the East-West Road which is meant to link together the states in the Niger Delta.

He also talked about the refusal of oil companies operating in the Niger Delta to relocate their head office to the region.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/433096-former-akwa-ibom-governor-idongesit-nkanga-is-dead.html
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by DukeJoe17: 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
What?
This is a former governor and the present political leader of my LGA for God sake;
This kind of rumor is very tempting and disheartening if its turn out to be out right false.
I urge the entire Aks citizens to keep low while I proceed on investigation,brb.

Modified:
Akwa state lost her former military governor, Air commodore Idongesit Nkanga, RIP sir.
The most painful part is that he left his aged father behind.

Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Racoon(m): 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
So sad! Rest on man.COVID19 seems to be creeping in more quietly now than before.
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by seunmsg(m): 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2020
COVID-19 is killing more people now than ever in the country. We all need to be more careful and observe all safety protocols. It’s closer than we all imagined. Those in charge of the vaccine should do quick and send it to Nigeria.

RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by majamajic(m): 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
Second coming of covid is coming up
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by BizzBizz: 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2020
May he rest in peace cry

please subscribe to my YouTube channel

https://youtube.com/channel/UCLi9xj4yaTc9uEh3aTf9Mgg
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
This is a big blow to my Niger Delta people....!!

Hope it's not true

1 Like

Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by sam4noow(m): 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2020
This year 2020 will never be forgotten...
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Benesis: 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
This is a big blow to my Niger Delta people....!!

Hope it's not true

Its true. It happened last night.

1 Like

Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Benesis: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2020
DukeJoe17:
What?
This is a former governor and the present political leader of my LGA for God sake;
This kind of rumor is very tempting and disheartening if its turn out to be out right false.
I urge the entire Aks citizens to keep low while I proceed on investigation,brb.

Modified:
Akwa state lost her former military governor, Air commodore Idongesit Nkanga, RIP sir.
The most painful part is that he left his aged father behind.

He was s great stateman, and as a retired AirMashall I feel he is among those emboldening Udom to invest in the aviation sector

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2020
The most painful part about Nigeria is that every death that occurs in this period, was caused by covid19. Argggh

Follow my signature to get 200# awoof airtime download the app, and make sure u use the coupon immediately

1 Like

Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by yenereal(m): 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
True. We lost him. Otuekong Idongesit Nkanga.
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by greatdreamer(m): 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
This lies should stop. Are you saying that anybody who dies, die as the result of Covid 19
Nobody die again of unnatural death or other ailments?
There is God oooo
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by DukeJoe17: 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2020
Benesis:

He was s great stateman, and as a retired AirMashall I feel he is among those emboldening Udom to invest in the aviation sector
He was a great stateman to the core, my LGA have lost one of her legend and a star,
He retired as an Air commodore in the Air force.
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Benesis: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
DukeJoe17:

He was a great stateman to the core, my LGA have lost one of her legend and a star,
He retired as an Air commodore in the Air force.
Thanks for the correction, he will be greatly missed
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by DukeJoe17: 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
Benesis:

Thanks for the correction, he will be greatly missed
you are welcome.
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by wiseone28: 8:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
Covid is showing Nigerian politicians shege
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Nicepoker(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2020
RIP air commodore.
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by UnBanEbenezer(f): 10:36pm On Dec 25, 2020
[s]
seunmsg:
COVID-19 is killing more people now than ever in the country. We all need to be more careful and observe all safety protocols. It’s closer than we all imagined. Those in charge of the vaccine should do quick and send it to Nigeria.

RIP to the dead.
[/s] it was rumoured to be COVID-19 which basically means it's a lie.
Probably a rumour by a paid ncdc agent.
Udom is a sadistic bastard, COVID-19 is a scam in Akwa Ibom State
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by jlinkd78(m): 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
Noted
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Ilaumoh(m): 5:18am On Dec 26, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
it was rumoured to be COVID-19 which basically means it's a lie.
Probably a rumour by a paid ncdc agent.
Udom is a sadistic bastard, COVID-19 is a scam in Akwa Ibom State
Hmmmmm
Re: Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 26, 2020
Benesis:
Idongesit Nkanga, the chairman of Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) and a former military governor of Akwa Ibom State, is dead.

Mr Nkanga passed on in an undisclosed hospital in Uyo on Christmas Eve, his political associate and a family member told PREMIUM TIMES, Friday morning.

There are speculations that Mr Nkanga died of COVID-19. PREMIUM TIMES is yet to independently verify this.

He was 68.

The late Mr Nkanga was Akwa Ibom governor from September 1990 to January during Ibrahim Babangida’s military regime. Ufot Ekaette, who later became the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, was his deputy.

He retired as an air commodore in the Nigerian Airforce.

As the chairman of PANDEF, Mr Nkanga was very vocal in the campaign for the restructuring of Nigeria and the development of the country’s Niger Delta region.

ThisDay published on December 24 an interview it had with Mr Nkanga where he talked about non-completion of the East-West Road which is meant to link together the states in the Niger Delta.

He also talked about the refusal of oil companies operating in the Niger Delta to relocate their head office to the region.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/433096-former-akwa-ibom-governor-idongesit-nkanga-is-dead.html

I still have a picture of him in one of those local business magazines published around the SAP era. My father's the original owner of the magazine but right now, it's in my possession(for those who might be tempted to think I am that old).

He was in wearing a bluish/purplish airforce fatigue in that particular picture. I believe that it was taken during an interview.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari On Asari Dokubo. / Boko Haram: Military Launches 'operation No Mercy' To Rescue NE / Abia PDP Governor Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.