Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? (39079 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
Karleb:
Nothing wrong with her boyfriend visiting her IMO. But I'd never allow them go into the room together if I were you.

Whatever they can't do in the sitting room must remain undone.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:43pm On Dec 25, 2020
crackhaus:
Some elements of your story OP are not tying up properly for me...

1. Your niece is bold enough to invite her boyfriend over to your house without prior notice.
2. She's also bold enough to introduce him as her boyfriend to your face.
3. And then the ultimate display of boldness was to lead him to her bedroom where they spent three hours.

How? Why?

Na wah oo...
It feels as if you're the visitor in that house and she's the owner, because that's the only way any of this will make sense. cheesy

Okay let's go with it for a minute and assume this is all for real, why is your wife stopping you from talking?
You have a right to be upset, you have a right to lash out... this is not something you should be afraid to step on toes for.

As a matter of fact, it is YOUR duty to call your niece to order... NOT your wife's duty.
The girl is your niece, your own relative...
Whatever you do to reprimand her will be taken more lightly since you're her uncle by blood. Don't even let your wife be the one to chook mouth because the niece can go report her and twist it to make your wife appear like the bad person.

Just imagine, she say she want to counsel her gently... Lol
Pikin wey nor get respect for her host family.
You should drag her ears well well sef, I'm sure her parents will thank you for it.

Wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by MoneyTrees(m): 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
grin grin grin
Better text me your niece number so I can counsel her personally
A friend in need is a friend indeed grin grin cheesy
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...
See as nairaland members just base their comments and advice on the facts say na bang them go bang for inside the room..

Very archaic, primitive and sophomoric way of reasoning

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by simplesearch: 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
Children nowadays in the name of freedom have lost their sanity and values. Come to think of the effrontery and disrespect, just to claim woke or belong. If she can be this senseless under your roof then her life on campus may be nothing to write home about. If a small girl like that can go ahead disrespecting you right under your roof, then what sense is their for your wife to try to play nice? Come to think of it, she didnt even keep the so called boyfriend in the sitting room or inform you before hand of his visit but took him straight into her apartment, shows she could be into something big.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ulunne777:
Only Nigerian parents will want you not to have a boyfriend but later present a fiance to them .
The only thing you should be angry with is both being in the room for hrs instead of the sitting room to avoid temptation.

In my dating days, I always told my chykers to visit at home. It sieved the serious from the unserious and the former would go on to meet my mum who'd quiz them. We stayed in the living room to gist and my siblings would join the discussion too. If there's an outing, come and inform my parents.

It is better than she going to meet them at hotels or where you don't know which could result to something else.

Let's do things right. She's 22 and an adult. Talk to her like someone looking out for her

Your first paragraph is totally out of context.. where did the OP make an issue of the young man visiting in the first place ?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
Generalwoodz:
Nlanders let's do this here

If it's Right For the Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In the House? Click LIKE
.if you think otherwise i.e it's morally wrong Click SHARE

You dumb or what ?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Arckeen: 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
Shey dem Bleep ni ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
Who her hatred help ?

Funkyswagzz:
Hmmm that girl get mind I swear.. there must be a reason y she acted that way without being scared of you. I think she felt u are cool and u won't get angry over it. She tested u by sayin how tough her mum is to her but u waved it off. Talk to her in a respectful manner so she won't develop hatred for u
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by XOGBADO(m): 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2020
bukatyne:

Bros 22 yr old is old enough to marry na

Her mates are done with their kids. tongue

Seriously, she was wrong for not informing you before the visit.

She should have said 'Brother, a male friend of mine wants to visit me here.'

Na you go kana say na her boyfriend.

This would have prepared you to engage him as baba Iyawo.

I want to assume he is serious that's why he can visit her in your home.

However, I don't understand the part of entering the room for three hours.

Surely, they are not stupid enough to have sex in your house? undecided

Let madam talk to her so she learns how to behave next time. That way, you also make an impact in her life.

Merry Christmas.

Ma'am, your response is highly under rated.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by seunny4lif(m): 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
I can’t even think about it
Whenever I visited my uncles or sisters, I can’t even look at girls unless I wan die or sleep outside because all of them go just kill me as my story to fly pass rocket.
Your wife has no right to talk to your niece because your niece will thinks your wife was the one pushing you.
Your niece may turn everything on your wife head saying your wife was disrespecting her and your niece mom may end up supporting her daughter.
You are the uncle and it’s your house.
Pls, make the rules
wwwkaycom:
My niece came visiting for Christmas, I was so glad to have her with us since yesterday. She'll be leaving on Sunday.

We came back from our church programme today and just as we were finishing lunch, this young guy just knocked on the door and my niece Shola went to open the door for him. He came in and she just introduced him casually as Clement, her boyfriend. She led him straight to her room and were there for like 3 hours before the guy left.

I felt insulted and irritated by her action but my wife would not allow me to say anything. She said I will talk to her angrily, she however promised to call her and counsel her gently before bed this night. That must be the kind of rubbish she has been doing in her school because I know she won't even dare it with her parent. She has been telling me her mum especially is high handed and just too tough for her liking.

I'm still not so happy because of my wife's action, or am I been too old school or archaic?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Generalwoodz(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2020
BarrElChapo:

You dumb or what ?
Merry Christmas bro
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by XOGBADO(m): 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2020
seunny4lif:
I can’t even think about it
Whenever I visited my uncles or sisters, I can’t even look at girls unless I wan die or sleep outside because all of them go just kill me as my story to fly pass rocket.
Your wife has no right to talk to your niece because your niece will thinks your wife was the one pushing you.
Your niece may turn everything on your wife head saying your wife was disrespecting her and your niece mom may end up supporting her daughter.
You are the uncle and it’s your house.
Pls, make the rules

I think it's better the wife handles this issue. You don't handle this kind of issue with anger

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by g4gerald: 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
extol1:

they can be so stupid enough to have sex in his house. sex doesn't requires long time.
Lol..u mean they can do short time

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by simplesearch: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
wwwkaycom:
She is going to be 22 by end of January, Born 1999, now a final year pharmacy student.

She's still at an unstable phase of life. Pharmacy or geography, knowledge is not wisdom. She may be knowledgeable but surely lack any modicum of wisdom. You would have embarrassed her in front of the guy, so that both of them can have a day like that to remember. Somebody like this can give a wrong prescription that may lead to death without batting and eyelid, senselessness begin in small matters!

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Stevenson20: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
It makes no sense for the guy to visit her in your house. Stop it now before she'll be pregnant in your house. [color=#000000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
Let her handle it
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by andyanders: 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2020
Totally wrong and disrespectful. For me, I'ld have told her my mind. Fvck. She should have done that in her father's house. If she had stayed in the living room with the guy, I'ld have even entertained him/her. Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Mattsilva: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2020
Karleb:
Nothing wrong with her boyfriend visiting her IMO. But I'd never allow them go into the room together if I were you.

Whatever they can't do in the sitting room must remain undone.

I share the same thought with you bro.

although, the did is done, what's left is to correct the mistake from repeating itself next time...

you done well for taking wife advice... but still talk to her like the man of the house. if you failed to take this seriously now, I bet you her younger or brother will visit you on the 25th December 2023, expect the same to happened.. if I were you I will tell her parents.
I hate nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by weslay: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2020
wwwkaycom:
My niece came visiting for Christmas, I was so glad to have her with us since yesterday. She'll be leaving on Sunday.

We came back from our church programme today and just as we were finishing lunch, this young guy just knocked on the door and my niece Shola went to open the door for him. He came in and she just introduced him casually as Clement, her boyfriend. She led him straight to her room and were there for like 3 hours before the guy left.

I felt insulted and irritated by her action but my wife would not allow me to say anything. She said I will talk to her angrily, she however promised to call her and counsel her gently before bed this night. That must be the kind of rubbish she has been doing in her school because I know she won't even dare it with her parent. She has been telling me her mum especially is high handed and just too tough for her liking.

I'm still not so happy because of my wife's action, or am I been too old school or archaic?

Your niece acted without regard for you and your family. You needed to have ensured she received her guest in the living room.

Age is only a number. There are adults with teenagers's mentality. So it's best to treat people by their actions not by their age. If an adult behaves as a child, treat him/her as a child

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by cmecproblem(m): 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2020
Yes, take it as an opportunity to know the man, for your niece's sake. They can always meet anywhere but chose your home, be happy.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by g4gerald: 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2020
BarrElChapo:

Your first paragraph is totally out of context.. where did the OP make an issue of the young man visiting in the first place ?
Am sure the visiting part was wat u saw nd then clicked on the story, the other room aspect was wat u saw later
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Eyaba(m): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2020
She must be a very bad girl to have behave in that manner... Chai

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Mattsilva: 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2020
Funkyswagzz:
Hmmm that girl get mind I swear.. there must be a reason y she acted that way without being scared of you. I think she felt u are cool and u won't get angry over it. She tested u by sayin how tough her mum is to her but u waved it off. Talk to her in a respectful manner so she won't develop hatred for u
very correct.. on point
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 11:07pm On Dec 25, 2020
Please let your mrs handle it. Good cop bad cop tactics
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by konkonbilo(m): 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2020
The guy is just stupid.. How comfortable was he in another man's house to the extent of spending 3 hours there.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2020
There are some questions I don't have to answer.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Edusouls(m): 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2020
Chai Nigerian girls are useless
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2020
g4gerald:

Am sure the visiting part was wat u saw nd then clicked on the story, the other room aspect was wat u saw later

No sir
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Laboni: 11:15pm On Dec 25, 2020
Nonsense.. You can do whatever rubbish you outside but don't come and rub it on my face.. It because he doesn't respect you and really, you showed the reason why you shouldn't be respected.. Let her go try it with her parents.. If na me, even the nonsense guy wey no get respect will follow chop the embarrassment.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by craves(m): 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2020
If the story is true. Then the niece no get respect or shame at all at all.

Na the guy stupid pass sef, i cant try that rubbish sleeping with a girlfriend in her parents or guardian's house when they are around. I wonder how him dick go take stand sef, if na me tthe thin no go stand due to apprehension

All in all... The babe no try

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by udemzyudex(m): 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2020
Biglittlelois:
If she was my niece, I'd slap the nonsense guts she had off her face and walk the dude out of my house, how come she had the effrontery and boldness to invite a man to your house uninformed? And then she walked the guy to the room and stayed for 3 good hours? And the boyfriend mumuishly followed without respect for the host even if the girl no get sense? Adultkids of these days sef undecided

Someone up there said it's civilisation grin

Civilisation my foot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / My Dead Neighbour / Housewives Bathe Each Other With Hot Water Over Lover (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.