Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? (4435 Views)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2020
Long post alert!

Please bear.

Dring the lockdown ( around May), I saw the news about FG grant on nairaland here. so I called the HM of one of my schools that we are very close ( she's just like a mother to me) and told her about it. she said she's not heard or seen anything like that. I then told her to be on the lookout and just in case, she should remember me. She said ok.

Around September, towards resumption, she called and said she and the husband discovered the FG fund and asked me to come around let's talk. I got to school and she said we are going to have an agreement that for each month I get the grant I'm going to give her 5k, to which I agreed. So she took my details and got me registered. She also did same to all the other teachers both visiting and full-timers.

so last month, immediately I got the alert, I called her to send her account so I can send the 5k for that month, she said to hold on. That we'll discuss when we see. I got to school and she told me since she's still owing me 15k Bal from my salary ( she already paid most part of it during mid-term) that I should use her own cut (15k) to cover my balance so she won't be paying me again till next year. I said ok. So i didn't get my bal as she made me pay it at once but I didn't feel it because i have other schools.

Unfortunately, of all the people she registered, she was the only one who didn't get the grant. I wasn't happy. sincerely I felt for her.

She called me last night and asked if I got a message from FG., I said no.
So this morning, after church, I received an alert for November and called her immediately that I've received the stuff. She now said she's going to send her account that I should send 15k. Huh?? I asked what of the one I paid you with my salary bal? This woman changed and started yelling over the phone that what we agreed was 50-50 bla bla bla that I should send it.

I told her we never agreed 50-50 and I've paid my own part from my balance with her. She started bringing up another issue that she told me to remove 5k for her from what she's paying me initially because of the lockdown and all that. That I have to pay that. I said ok.

This night she texted me and said I should send her the 50-50 agreement. I called her she picked but didn't allow me to talk as she kept on talking and later cut the call. I tried calling her back but she didn't pick so I texted her that what I'm owing her is only 5k . As for the grant, I've done my part.

Am I being insensitive? I mean the other teachers complained that they were not going to give her anything. That she's a greedy woman but I was even calming them down that they should give her since it's an agreement. They didn't give her. she had to forcefully deduct it from their lesson money.

Since morning, I've not been happy. Even when I went out to give myself a treat, I didn't really have fun.

Human beings are amazing. Mehnn...

3 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by gasparpisciotta: 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
Greed. A deadly sin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Righteousness2(m): 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
You Don't need to let anyone kill your Joy.

If you Had an agreement with her, keep to it.
Once that is done , you Have no issues..

In Life you can't Please Everyone. Don't even try to. Free your Conscience by doing what you said you will do.
Once that is done, carry on with your Life

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by DukeJoe17: 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2020
This life eeehhh.
Terrible creatures everywhere.

6 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by tobechi74: 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2020
Some wicked guys will vandalise the school property

4 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by ILoveeyouall(f): 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
How many thread are u creating madam?

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
tobechi74:
Some wicked guys will vandalise the school property

I'm telling you.
DukeJoe17:
This life eeehhh.
Terrible creatures everywhere.

I'm baffled o. Like seriously.

gasparpisciotta:
Greed. A deadly sin

When the head Teacher called her that initially, I was mad at him but now Hmm..

Righteousness2:
You Don't need to let anyone kill your Joy.

If you Had an agreement with her, keep to it.
Once that is done , you Have no issues..

In Life you can't Please Everyone. Don't even try to. Free your Conscience by doing what you said you will do.
Once that is done, carry on with your Life

God bless you for this. I've been wallowing in guilt for something I didn't do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by yanabasee(m): 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2020
The grant was to enable private school teachers to have tokens to survive off the pandemic....

You have no right to negotiate anything with her....

I hate private school owners....The often act like they are gods...They decide when to pay you and what you pay you and how to pay you....And expect the teachers to be happy....

The school is their business and their primary interest should be the kids and then the workers...and if you treat the workers well, the kids will be the end-beneficiaries....

You should be looking out for another job....

7 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2020
yanabasee:
The grant was to enable private school teachers to have tokens to survive off the pandemic....

You have no right to negotiate anything with her....

I hate private school owners....The often act like they are gods...They decide when to pay you and what you pay you and how to pay you....And expect the teachers to be happy....

The school is their business and their primary interest should be the kids and then the workers...and if you treat the workers well, the kids will be the end-beneficiaries....

You should be looking out for another job....

My dear, it's really crazy. And to think she put 4 other of her family members who equally benefited, still she wants to take more after the agreed settlement has been paid.

T
I thank God, she's not the only school I have and God will replace her school with a better one for me if she decides to terminate my appointment because of this.

God is faithful.

2 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by murphyrichy(m): 12:23am On Dec 26, 2020
She doesn't have any right over your money, Since you are a staff in her school. use style and tell her you heard that the grant will be repaid after some time, where will you get the money for repayment.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by NoToPile: 1:23am On Dec 26, 2020
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, this is why a lot of the FG Aid /Fund might not work people will always find a way to cheat the system sha no matter the verification, they are even registering family members as staff cheesy

FG is helping her pay her staffs salary , she wants to get a cut out of it , I just don't understand.

This is very close to witchcraft.

10 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Yusufisraelj(m): 1:39am On Dec 26, 2020
Looking at it from your boss perspective is that misery loves company, she wanted you to feel the pain of her frustration and people will say anything just to make you feel guilty especially when you are forthright, they will want to take advantage of your openness.

Keep your end of the bargain but never allow anyone bully you to guilt or wrongful submission, equally you may want to deal with her more carefully and with wisdom subsequently, as regards your Job with her, let your hope and steadfastness be built on your maker, just as you have rightly said.

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 26, 2020
murphyrichy:
She doesn't have any right over your money, Since you are a staff in her school. use style and tell her you heard that the grant will be repaid after some time, where will you get the money for repayment.

Since she was the one who filled the form and already knows the terms and conditions, are you sure she'll buy that trick?

[quote author=NoToPile post=97430702]Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, this is why a lot of the FG Aid /Fund might not work people will always find a way to cheat the system sha no matter the verification, they are even registering family members as staff cheesy

FG is helping her pay her staffs salary , she wants to get a cut out of it , I just don't understand.

I'm telling you. You needed to hear the way she was shouting over the phone.

I can't just stop thinking she actually requested for a fifty+fifty after taking some part of my salary as her 3 months cut.... Its just pure greed.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by DesChyko: 3:07am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

This is one side of the story but in the first place, the school owner is greedy for dipping her hand in the pie.

Personalities are different but if I find myself in this situation, I'ld start looking for a replacement ASAP. I'm a private school teacher too.

As a custodian of knowledge, an employer who toys with your intelligence has no value for what you represent. Besides, she may want to get back at you so.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 26, 2020
DesChyko:

This is one side of the story but in the first place, the school owner is greedy for dipping her hand in the pie.

Personalities are different but if I find myself in this situation, I'ld start looking for a replacement ASAP. I'm a private school teacher too.

As a custodian of knowledge, an employer who toys with your intelligence has no value for what you represent. Besides, she may want to get back at you so.. undecided

Everything I said here is the whole truth. Why would I lie against her?

She can't get back at me. Highest she'll tell me my services are no longer needed but I trust God so much to make a way for a better one for me.

5 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 26, 2020
Yusufisraelj:
Looking at it from your boss perspective is that misery loves company, she wanted you to feel the pain of her frustration and people will say anything just to make you feel guilty especially when you are forthright, they will want to take advantage of your openness.

Keep your end of the bargain but never allow anyone bully you to guilt or wrongful submission, equally you may want to deal with her more carefully and with wisdom subsequently, as regards your Job with her, let your hope and steadfastness be built on your maker, just as you have rightly said.

Hmm.. my twin also said she might want to get back at me by making me work and not paying me. I believe in God and He won't allow her do such.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Ishilove: 4:38am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

Hmm.. my twin also said she might want to get back at me by making working and not paying me. I believe in God and He won't allow her do such.

Thank you Sir.
It is when it comes to money issues that people begin to show their true character. Be on a lookout for another school because I won't feel comfortable working with such a greedy person who can do and undo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by 400billionman: 5:13am On Dec 26, 2020
It's about money.

Most people act like animals when it comes to money.

But you said she was owing you N15k initially.

You have to earn from FG for 3 months running without giving her a dime to retrieve your N15k.

2 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by sisisioge: 5:37am On Dec 26, 2020
Dont give her anything again, not even the initial 5k agreed. If she tries anything, you too threaten to report her to FG for registering 4 of her family members. By the way, how much is the grant money? Just curious.

7 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by DesChyko: 6:19am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

She can't get back at me. Highest she'll tell me my services are no longer needed but I trust God so much to make a way for a better one for me.

I'ld want to think the highest is you working and she eventually subtracting it come month end.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by DesChyko: 6:20am On Dec 26, 2020
400billionman:

It's about money.

You have to earn from FG for 3 months running without giving her a dime to retrieve your N15k.

According to her, the plan changed from 5k monthly to 50:50

2 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Uyi168: 7:17am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:
Long post alert!

Please bear.

Dring the lockdown ( around May), I saw the news about FG grant on nairaland here. so I called the HM of one of my schools that we are very close ( she's just like a mother to me) and told her about it. she said she's not heard or seen anything like that. I then told her to be on the lookout and just in case, she should remember me. She said ok.

Around September, towards resumption, she called and said she and the husband discovered the FG fund and asked me to come around let's talk. I got to school and she said we are going to have an agreement that for each month I get the grant I'm going to give her 5k, to which I agreed. So she took my details and got me registered. She also did same to all the other teachers both visiting and full-timers.

so last month, immediately I got the alert, I called her to send her account so I can send the 5k for that month, she said to hold on. That we'll discuss when we see. I got to school and she told me since she's still owing me 15k Bal from my salary ( she already paid most part of it during mid-term) that I should use her own cut (15k) to cover my balance so she won't be paying me again till next year. I said ok. So i didn't get my bal as she made me pay it at once but I didn't feel it because i have other schools.

Unfortunately, of all the people she registered, she was the only one who didn't get the grant. I wasn't happy. sincerely I felt for her.

So this morning, after church, I received an alert for November and called her immediately that I've received the stuff. She now said she's going to send her account that I should send 15k. Huh?? I asked what of the one I paid you with my salary bal? This woman changed and started yelling over the phone that what we agreed was 50-50 bla bla bla that I should send it.

I told her we never agreed 50-50 and I've paid my own part from my balance with her. She started bringing up another issue that she told me to remove 5k for her from what she's paying me initially because of the lockdown and all that. That I have to pay that. I said ok.

This night she texted me and said I should send her the 50-50 agreement. I called her she picked but didn't allow me to talk as she kept on talking and later cut the call. I tried calling her back but she didn't pick so I texted her that what I'm owing her is only 5k . As for the grant, I've done my part.

Am I being insensitive? I mean the other teachers complained that they were not going to give her anything. That she's a greedy woman but I was even calming them down that they should give her since it's an agreement. They didn't give her. she had to forcefully deduct it from their lesson money.

Since morning, I've not been happy. Even when I went out to give myself a treat, I didn't really have fun.

Na lack of sense dey worry u.
Must u call her and tell her about it??
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:48am On Dec 26, 2020
NIGERIANS; MOST RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ON THE SURFACE OF THIS EARTH.
ALSO THE MOST GREEDY, SELFISH, EVIL, WICKED, VILE, HYPOCRITICAL, UNEMPATHETIC, AND EVERYTHING TERRIBLE.

8 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by bigjackass: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

Hmm.. my twin also said she might want to get back at me by making working and not paying me. I believe in God and He won't allow her do such.

Thank you Sir.
Start trying to get a new school asap and don't expect God to do shit. God doesn't do things just because you want him to. Help yourself and run now. The woman will make you work and give excuse to hold your salary.

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by femi4: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:
Long post alert!

Please bear.

You are too soft and she's taking your magnanimous heart for granted. Ignore her empty threat, she can't kill your joy

Going forward, always put pen to paper when dealing with people like that cos verbal agreement is no agreement

1 Like

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 26, 2020
Ishilove:

It is when it comes to money issues that people begin to show their true character. Be on a lookout for another school because I won't feel comfortable working with such a greedy person who can do and undo

My dear, I'm telling you. I just don't know why some people are like that with money matters.

I will have to be on the lookout for another one. God will help me.

Thanks dear.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2020
femi4 post=97434535:
You are too soft and she's taking your magnanimous heart for granted. Ignore her empty threat, she can't kill your joy

I'm telling you o. I'm too soft and like to be transparent when dealing with people. But it's we the honest ones that get burnt in the end. Like since now, I've been calling the other teachers and asking them if theyve received theirs everyone is forming "no o". I'm beginning to think they do not want disclose it to me as I'm very close to the woman for fear of letting her know. I mean, this people got before me last month. So how come up till now they haven't gotten.

Going forward, always put pen to paper when dealing with people like that cos verbal agreement is no agreement

I have learnt my lessons now. Next time.

Thaks bro.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 26, 2020
400billionman:

It's about money.

She already converted my balance to her own share. So I didn't get the bal again and that's why I'm mad she still requesting for more.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by ambr055i: 8:30am On Dec 26, 2020
I'm keep saying this, Nigerians are insatiable even worst than our politicians, they only insults these politicians because they aren't profiting from their government.

Nigeria is a nation when you are benefiting is called favour and when you aren't is being partial.

Earning 5k from each teacher isn't sufficient for you, you want to collect 15k from each teacher. Just imagine the woman now becomes the governor of a state.

4 Likes

Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2020
author=sisisioge post=97432328]Dont give her anything again, not even the initial 5k agreed. If she tries anything, you too threaten to report her to FG for registering 4 of her family members[/b].

Lolzz sisisioge, you want to kill me with laughter here. Can I do that? Lol..

By the way, how much is the grant money? Just curious.
The money wey no reach me sef o. What she filled in the form for was 30k. So, that's what FG has been paying me.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2020
DesChyko:

According to her, the plan changed from 5k monthly to 50:50

I'm telling you. It changed overnight to 50-50.
Re: Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? by 400billionman: 9:13am On Dec 26, 2020
CalliDora1:

She already converted my balance to her own share. So I didn't get the bal again and that's why I'm mad she still requesting for more.

There is no way you can receive N30k from government and give her N15k.

The N5k a month is just a gentleman agreement, possibly UNWRITTEN, I will ask you to standby that.

So if government keeps assisting you for up to 4 months, by the 4th month, give her 5k. You can also encourage other teachers to assist her.

Nah she include their names.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Mother A Witch? / Help. My Nigerian Boyfriend's Mother Hates Me Because I'm Not Nigerian? / Do I Say My Father Is Heartless Or Lazy? Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.