Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures (54113 Views)

White Soul Motors, Where Taste Meets Class In Automobile / How Auto Mechanic Became A Millionaire After Reviewing Several Knock Engines / How Auto Mechanic Became A Millionaire After Reviewing Several Knock Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by izubext007: 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
better than almajiri

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Dharkcocoa: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
CandyOps:

Shatap your mouth. define child abuse fess. in a short while that boy would be skilled enough to fend for himself. Almost everyone I know who went into trading or a skilled job while I was seeking admission is now a big guy. I wish I started earlier

As you said "when i was seeking admission" not when you were in primary2 bro
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Dreambeat: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
Children are in football academies even in the western world at his age. As long as he well looked after and still attends school with no pressure on him at the mechanic workshop, then he is good to go.

4 Likes

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Evenstar: 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
Please this is a clear case of child abuse. The boy's childhood is progressively been stolen.
I believe vocational trade learning should be anywhere from 12yrs not less.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

How is that child abuse?

If he was doing an internship in a bank, will you call it child abuse?

If he was learning how to play piano or how to swim at that age, will you call it child abuse?

I don't know what kind of bank you are used to but 6 year olds don't do internships. But then again, you are a Nigerian so anything goes.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
KosiGee:

This is child abuse nwanne. A 6 year old boy doing apprentice in such job, in such an environment and without proper gears, no safety shoes etc...this is very wrong.

The chemicals that he is exposed to everyday is bad for his health.
No government should allow this to be happening.
I know the country is hard, people are struggling but com on...the parents and whoever is accommodating or teaching him on that polluted environment should be dealt with.

But you take the 6 yr old child for evangelism?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Idamond: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
God punish those calling this child abuse!

my child personal I would enroll them in different skill at infant.

I know of a small boy not older than this guy learning same work, he started it during lockdown, during school period he will be in school.

God bless this guy

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by OVikkytan49: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
cry There are talents in Nigeria if only our government learns to utilize them but greediness and corruption no go let them.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by samwheel(m): 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
Rich4god:
Looking at his cloth, you go knw say he don try for the business. But truth be told, this is child abuse, but in a country where every form of right and rules is thrown away in other to survive, this is hard work. May God see him through to greatness.
This is how most prodigy kids in d western world start. Go and read "The outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
bad govt , has caused this child this, but it's not new Sha , I HV seen many
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Idamond: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
KosiGee:

This is child abuse nwanne. A 6 year old boy doing apprentice in such job, in such an environment and without proper gears, no safety shoes etc...this is very wrong.

The chemicals that he is exposed to everyday is bad for his health.
No government should allow this to be happening.
I know the country is hard, people are struggling but com on...the parents and whoever is accommodating or teaching him on that polluted environment should be dealt with.

you're talking shit.
train up ur Child the way u want. mtcheew
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by KingMack(m): 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
By the time this wan reach 20yrs..It's all about the Benjamin cool

2 Likes

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by coolsegun2002: 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:

Why trash? Unless he is learning from his parent or relative, it is child abuse.

U guys just like sounding politically correct....
What if he’s learning how to play football or golf from his father who is a professional, will it also be child abuse??

But becos in Nigeria we have seen automobile mechanic work as an evil, suffering job... we automatically think learning it is an abuse for a child..

He might love it, some kids are like that..and he’ll still be going to a school....

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by toprealman: 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:
Child abuse
Too early
12 year is ok
I bet you will be happy to see him in the gym learn acrobatics to compete at the Olympics.
His father is sowing a good seed, let them be.....who adult labour epp?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by farem: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour

There's nothing commendable in this.
No matter what reasons you want to advance to support it, that age is a way too low.. A six 6⃣ year child supposed to still be kiddy, childish and not being stressed as if he's the one that arranged the bedmatic that produce him.
The best I see here is that he is in primary 2.
The parents should be charged
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by helpee(m): 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
banmee:

Seriously? At 6 years old? Really? Do we really have to explain this to you? Why am I surprised? It's Nigeria.
there is nothing to explain. Most great people started early. OYINBO that will take 5months old to swim. This is not child abuse. People like you will be the first to hail the child when he starts going places but you harbor the sacrifices needed to get there. The boy won't do more than what his physical capacity can take and he will keep learning in the process. It is the same thing as schooling
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Cousin9999: 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2020
There's nothing wrong with letting this child learn from a young age. However, working with heavy machine parts is dangerous for a small child.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by coolsegun2002: 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

But you take the 6 yr old child for evangelism?

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by We4all: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2020
Child abuse. Doing the right things at the right time is key.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by KosiGee(m): 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2020
Idamond:

you're talking shit.
train up ur Child the way u want. mtcheew

That only happens in countries with no children safeguarding laws. Ignorant and abusive parents treat their children the way they want.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by kareemkamil(m): 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:
Child abuse
Too early
12 year is ok

Too early to learn creativity job. U be Mumu oooooo bro.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Zeeknow3245(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2020
Nigeria has been reduced to nothing " University Degree doesn't guarantee you employment"
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by JhyMedex: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:
Child abuse Too early 12 year is ok
who else sees the irony in this comment?..grin
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Tbasicme: 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:
Child abuse
Too early
12 year is ok

But this is a skill that can fetch him money. With the current situation of this country oh. This is not child labour
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
helpee:
there is nothing to explain. Most great people started early. OYINBO that will take 5months old to swim. This is not child abuse. People like you will be the first to hail the child when he starts going places but you harbor the sacrifices needed to get there. The boy won't do more than what his physical capacity can take and he will keep learning in the process. It is the same thing as schooling

You are comparing this to taking ones child for recreation which hopefully some day that child will benefit from it. Again, you are a Nigerian. Try this crap in a normal, (emphasis on normal) country and see what happens to you. You people are so used to rubbish to the point where it is now normal. And worse is you find everything under the sun to justify it.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Omoluabi16(m): 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

How is that child abuse?

If he was doing an internship in a bank, will you call it child abuse?

If he was learning how to play piano or how to swim at that age, will you call it child abuse?
I'm with you on this. If he was in a football academy or an entertainer like Emmanuella it would be cute. It still what we suffer from today. Nobody wants to do technical job or Agriculture anymore.

The messi's of this world never missed their training even as kids. You'd be surprised how many U-6 tournaments there are in Europe and S/America. The boy even goes to school.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2020
It's sad. No child should be made to work at that age
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by lequama10: 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2020
Dpharisee:
Child Labour, he should be out there playing in the sand or reading his books and not doing harmful job at such age wherein he inhales chemicals from engine, carbide from welded parts and hydraulic fumes.
This is forced career path, don't be surprised his passion is to become a medical doctor or a Farmer and not that forced labour.
This is not how Japan, China, Germany or USA raise great auto engineers.
The man is wrong to say he will be an expert in future because there is no job in Nigeria. By the time he comes of age, majority of cars will be electric vehicles using computerized scammers and robots
do you even have an idea of auto mechanism?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Idamond: 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2020
KosiGee:

That only happens in countries with no children safeguarding laws. Ignorant and abusive parents treat their children the way they want.

Bros any how u want to take it, it's not child abuse.
because mechanic is seeing as hard work that's what's popping u up China, Japan etc many of there children become guru at infant.

the child didn't tell u he doesn't love or he's being maltreated or he's not having fun doing it.
at my area an infant of his age is doing same, he's play and enjoying it more than u ever think.

for me I love it even if he decides not to be what he's doing at least the knowledge is there
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by helpee(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
banmee:

You are comparing this to taking ones child for recreation which hopefully some day that child will benefit from it. Again, you are a Nigerian. Try this crap in a normal, (emphasis on normal) country and see what happens to you. You people are so used to rubbish to the point where it is now normal. And worse is you find everything under the sun to justify it.
you think swimming is recreation to OYINBO? I am talking about people that took it very seriously with the hope their children will one day become Olympic hero. Go and ask Serena and Venus Williams. Their daddy put them on a hefty tennis playing schedule from tender ages. How many countries have you been to that you are making mouth about Nigerians? Are you not a Nigerian? Once they grant you one small visa you no go allow us hear word.

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Dagenius53: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
That's if he has the ability to learn. The number of years spent doesn't determine he will successfully skilled in that area. I wish him all the best and others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Free Carfax Reports: 5 Will Be Processed Today. / Get Your Car Upgrade Parts And Car Luxury Accessory Parts At Good Rates. / ***HOTT!!!Very Good Car Upholstery Work***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.