Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful (60837 Views)

My New Lagos - Ibadan Train Trip To Abeokuta (Pictures) / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Tekrify(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
True..but we never got this mediocre things for over 60 years...so in as much as we are behind..it still better than nothing...am not sure GEJ would have pulled this off if he was still in office... someone that couldnt even complete the Abuja Kaduna rail line in his 6 year tenure..uncle bubu completed warri itakpe and Lagos Ibadan less than 6 years.. even though he is a failure ..I can't but admut That we saw tangible differences in infrastructure.than even the 16 years of pdp
Cardinalpoint:
Nigerians deserves the best. Sychophants will praise their mediocre leader for giving outdated coaches to us.
Femi adesina will tell us how we are fortunate to have bubu at the helms of affairs.

3 Likes

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Lambarry1: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
Pls take this picture in a few years then we will celebrate if it's the same
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by 2016easy2017: 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
Is this what this OP called beautiful?? Are you just from Kano??
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
kay29000:

Stop lying. When was the last time you entered bus from Ojota to Ibadan for 1k2? When??
I just asked someone who transits that route and he's giving me the price as at early dis month when he last traveled to Ibadan.
And you're beginning to piss me off seriously with dis your foolishness of calling me a liar.
I suggest you be guided going forward.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by COMPAQ(m): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
oyatz:
We need to let private sector transport managers manage,operate and maintain these trains

Thats my main worry for this thing. If it stays with government, I see it being messed up within 5years. Nigerians sef are not clean. Too many people have filthy hands touching things all over the place. I tell my kids they can walk around the house without using the wall to go round corners.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by pacespot(m): 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2020
Impressive. It means someone can be staying in ibadan and be working in Lagos with this convenient transport system

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

I just asked someone who transits that route and he's giving me the price as at early dis month when he last traveled to Ibadan.
And you're beginning to piss me off seriously with dis your foolishness of calling me a liar.
I suggest you be guided going forward.

You see...you had to ask someone the price, which means you don't even know what you are saying in the first place. That's what I wanted to prove. End of discussion.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by ibietela2(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
lacemose:
Took a tour in the New Lagos to Ibadan Train and the experience was beautiful. Was like I was in a first class airplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le9J3YcWkHM

Always celebrating rubbish
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by COMPAQ(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
Jibsy203:
Give it two months and see how dirty cursed afonjas will dirty the train

I'm a yoruba person and to be brutally honest I agree that illiterate yoruba people can be particularly dirty. Particularly market and artisan type people. Both male and female

2 Likes

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
pacespot:
Impressive. It means someone can be staying in ibadan and be working in Lagos with this convenient transport system

Yep! I have been waiting on this for years now. I can't wait to start using it.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
COMPAQ:

I'm a yoruba person and to be brutally honest I agree that illiterate yoruba people can be particularly dirty. Particularly market type people.

That's kinda true. I guess it is kinda good that it is not so cheap, or they would mess it up within a year.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by COMPAQ(m): 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
kay29000:

Yep! I have been waiting on this for years now. I can't wait to start using it.

I hope it will keep to departure and arrival schedules. Not the one that departure from Ibadan at 6am becomes 7am, yet you have a 9am meeting at Marina.

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
COMPAQ:

I hope it will keep to departure and arrival schedules. Not the one that departure from Ibadan at 6am becomes 7am, yet you have a 9am meeting at Marina.

Hmm. That's another thing.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by COMPAQ(m): 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
The real benefit of this railway though is when cargo can be exited from Apapa to dry port in Ibadan. In fact the SW governors really need to collaborate and see how else this train can bring about development. It should also be easier to have industry in Abeokuta and Ibadan axis if this train can get materials there quicker and cheaper and also finished products back to Lagos market and for export.

1 Like

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by piagetskinner(m): 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
Hope they don’t pile up that toilet with plenty poop
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2020
kay29000:

You see...you had to ask someone the price, which means you don't even know what you are saying in the first place. That's what I wanted to prove. End of discussion.
It's like your brain is paining you. So because I asked someone means I'm lying.
https://www.nairaland.com/6297815/lagos-ibadan-rail-passengers-pay-6000

Here's a thread. Read through. You'll see people giving the price of Lagos to Ibadan through ojota.
I don't take public transport anymore from Lagos-Ibadan except if I can't help it.
But I have more than enough guys who do.
So use your brain if you have one and stop jumping into what you know nothing about. Or are you the only one who enters bus from Lagos to Ibadan? Fool
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2020
Jibsy203:
Give it two months and see how dirty cursed afonjas will dirty the train

pained failed rising sun people, na envy for the Afonjas go finally kill you and your generation that's if they exist

Thanks to FG for making this happened
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2020
Harrykn:
Enh eh!
Is that one from China?

It is from Abia state
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Ikea81: 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
Give am one year
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by kay29000(m): 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's like your brain is paining you. So because I asked someone means I'm lying.
https://www.nairaland.com/6297815/lagos-ibadan-rail-passengers-pay-6000

Here's a thread. Read through. You'll see people giving the price of Lagos to Ibadan through ojota.
I don't take public transport anymore from Lagos-Ibadan except if I can't help it.
But I have more than enough guys who do.
So use your brain if you have one and stop jumping into what you know nothing about. Or are you the only one who enters bus from Lagos to Ibadan? Fool

You are the fool for speaking on something you know nothing about. Spreading lies. You said you no longer take public transportation, but you came on a public forum to say Lagos to Ibadan is 1k2. SMH. Don't bother replying, cos I am no longer going to respond.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2020
kay29000:

You are the fool for speaking on something you know nothing about. Spreading lies. You said you no longer take public transportation, but you came on a public forum to say Lagos to Ibadan is 1k2. SMH. Don't bother replying, cos I am no longer going to respond.

And you're the idiot to think you're the only one who can speak about public transport because you still take it.
I'm telling you I have people who take it and to be sure, when that other guy claimed he paid 3k I asked one of them and he told me the price.
So it means I'm lying because I don't take the route?
Here I was thinking I'm quoting someone with average sense to think.
At least I've shown you evidence from other people on this forum.
Kindly share your evidence or you're the pathological liar.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by onyxo76(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
where can I get ticket to buy in ibadan and where do i board if i want to travel to lsgos
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by authority2006(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2020
Thank you Buhari, thank you APC. What was impossible for them for 16 years just like their inability to solve a simple problem of fuel scarcithy.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by SIRRITE: 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
Nigerians will mess everywhere up very soon.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Rosskivvyy: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
SIRRITE:
Nigerians will mess everywhere up very soon.

SHUT UP. You and the other STUPID IDIOTS AND FOOLS saying the place will be ''messed up'' after two months.

Negative-minded nitwits that will destroy projects by their sheer spite and collective negativity.

The Abuja-Kaduna line that has been ongoing for nearly 3 years now, HAS IT BECOME MESSED UP OR DETERIORATED?

NO.

Go there, and it still looking sharp, and they are maintaining it.

The Abuja intracity light rail, HAS IT MESSED UP?

NO.

That Warri-Itakpe-Ajaokuta line, have ''Nigerians messed it up''?

NO

Useless, hopeless people.

2 Likes

Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by youngest85(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
Do they work on Sundays?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 26, 2020
This Amaechi is trying. How come nobody mentions his name for presidency? South south people wetin be him tori?
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by Seyzcham91(m): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
All i see is dullard calling another dull! na mumu dey know mumu anyway! na this one you dey call train, shioor! undecided undecided

i no fit blame you since you no reach airport before for your life how you go even leave naija! if you don go better country go see real developments and project na there you go know say na scam our mumu leaders dey do here dem dey spend 40percent of budgeted value do project with lower qualities dey dish for MuMu Like you cuz they know since you never reach airport before e go freak you afterall na new thing dey freak Village person sha

anyway before you quote me again na abroad me dey work and i know the standard of living and economic development over there, you think say na country you dey abi na village, Rubbish

go just come online dey insult people anyhow no get manner, i don't care what your age is your are a real mumu to be quoting with insult, as much as i hate to insult people here you really force my hand. mtcheww! undecided undecided
Tekrify:
U are dull..
It worth it...if u have zero idea of infrastructure and it average cost please just like and keep scrolling...
This is a standard guage rail line...double track..
Even some people might wanna quote me with that of Kenya but should note dat Kenya built only a single line...the cost is 1.6bn dollars...don't forget it being linked to the sea port... Go and compare the same cost with other raillines built in the western world.. remember 1960 isn't 2020..
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by EMMY76: 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2020
It looks nice with all these yet some yorubas are still crying that buhari did nothing for them that they must be given the presidential ticket in 2023.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by EMMY76: 11:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
omoadeleye:
But e too expensive.

We will be boarding our bus and cab to our various destinations like that

Am really surprised to see most of the seats empty am sure if this train was built to go to the east from lagos it will surely be filled up with passengers.
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by atonement12: 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
uptimumOne23:
Don't you just love Baba Buhari

More to come from where it came from
Rubbish!
Re: A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful by ibuildstuff(m): 1:13am On Dec 27, 2020
toseenjessey:
Is nice but our problem is mismanagement in this country. Hope is being managed very well.
That not even the problem with this train, it's just too expensive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries? / Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos / Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.