Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

The Next Generation Computer Systems - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Next Generation Computer Systems (1785 Views)

The Next Generation That Will Teach Our Children / The New Generation Of Hausafulani Making Africa Proud (photos) / We Cannot Raise The Next Generation In Spiritual Vacuum, Says Ae-funai Vc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Generation Computer Systems by sadixm(m): 1:17am On Dec 27, 2020
[b]The Next Generation Computer Systems: [/b]The change will come soon. Technology has continued to evolve at breakneck speed. The speed at which technology evolves is due in part to increasing market demands. Everyone wants more powerful systems that are highly reliable and can run faster. Hardware and software manufacturers are working together to bring the next generation of computer systems to a whole new level.

It all starts from the CPU (Central Processing Unit). The CPU is like the heart of the system. Without a powerful “heart”, other components cannot fulfill their full potential. Intel recently announced the release of the Core i7 processors. This family of processors is radically different from previous generations. They are all quad-core processors, and each core has two threads. That means that the CPU will appear in the operating system as 8 processors. Talk about power!

With more powerful processors, other components of the computer system have more processing power to use. An enthusiast will surely ask, “But what about memory?” The memory of a computer system is another critical component that affects the overall speed of the system. If memory is not upgraded, there will be a bottleneck and even the fastest CPU will become ineffective.

Read More From Source - Resourceful Dev

1 Like

Re: The Next Generation Computer Systems by EndSarss(f): 8:18am On Dec 27, 2020
waiting mode....
Re: The Next Generation Computer Systems by Wembanet: 8:30am On Dec 27, 2020
Did you say Core i7?

1 Like

Re: The Next Generation Computer Systems by Wembanet: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2020
Did you say Core i7? I am kinna getting confused �
Re: The Next Generation Computer Systems by micki1: 10:40am On Dec 27, 2020
This your news is not new o! There's already Intel core i9 with 10 cores.

1 Like

Re: The Next Generation Computer Systems by ostechno(m): 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
The next and the last generation of computer would be quantum computers,
What we all know is that a computer uses machine language which is represented by 0s and 1s, and a normal computer can only process one at a time, but I case of a quantum computer, it can process both 0s and 1s at thesame time making it extremely fast and powerful. I quantum computer is said to be 100 million times faster than a classic computer, it can process years of information in seconds.
Now imagine using a Quantum computer to power an artificial intelligence, this will make the most powerful and the at thesame time, the most dangerous AI in the world, that would bring us very close to a conscious AI, it would be so powerful, and we will be getting close to "Singularity"
There are lots of quantum computing projects going on around the world, but I don't think we'll be able to make that perfect Quantum computer anytime soon, but it exist already though, but not good enough, a quantum computer also needs a very cold environment, I mean extremely cold.
There are lots of things that could be done with a quantum computer, it would be extremely useful in the health sector, vaccines for viruses would be manufactured in weeks instead of years with a quantum computer.
Happy Sunday

3 Likes

Re: The Next Generation Computer Systems by Onyenna(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2020
ostechno:
The next and the last generation of computer would be quantum computers,
What we all know is that a computer uses machine language which is represented by 0s and 1s, and a normal computer can only process one at a time, but I case of a quantum computer, it can process both 0s and 1s at thesame time making it extremely fast and powerful. I quantum computer is said to be 100 million times faster than a classic computer, it can process years of information in seconds.
Now imagine using a Quantum computer to power an artificial intelligence, this will make the most powerful and the at thesame time, the most dangerous AI in the world, that would bring us very close to a conscious AI, it would be so powerful, and we will be getting close to "Singularity"
There are lots of quantum computing projects going on around the world, but I don't think we'll be able to make that perfect Quantum computer anytime soon, but it exist already though, but not good enough, a quantum computer also needs a very cold environment, I mean extremely cold.
There are lots of things that could be done with a quantum computer, it would be extremely useful in the health sector, vaccines for viruses would be manufactured in weeks instead of years with a quantum computer.
Happy Sunday

Awesome

(1) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Actor Buys New Car For 3-year-old Daughter (Photos) / N47.8m Prado Jeep For Ede Poly's Council Chairman; A Figment Of Imagination / 10 Most Expensive Fishes In The World In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.