Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency (28981 Views)

Insecurity: Reps Suspends Buhari’s Scheduled Appearance / Fayose: Rep Members Demanding Buhari's Invitation Should Expect EFCC Invitation / Insecurity: Reps Pass Motion Urging All Service Chiefs To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:27am On Dec 27, 2020
The House of Representatives is no longer keen on inviting President Muhammadu Buhari to address it on the security challenge in the country, The Nation gathered authoritatively on Saturday.

The House leadership, according to sources, found that the initial invitation had assumed ethnic and political dimension.

It was also learnt that some of the lawmakers behind the motion to invite Buhari had apologised to the Presidency.

They claimed that their motion was not intended to embarrass the President, contrary to insinuations in some quarters.

Some members had sponsored a motion to seek the urgent intervention of the Presidency following the recent killing of 48 farmers in Zabamari, Borno State.

Those who demanded action were Hon. Ahmed Satomi, Hon. Mohammed Tahir Monguno, Hon. Zainab Gimba, Hon. Muktar Betara, Hon. Mallam Bukar Gana, Hon. Haruna Mshelia, Hon. Ahmadu Usman Jaha, Hon. Ibrahim Mohammed Bukar, Hon. Usman Zannah and Hon. Abdulkadir Rahis.

But Ahmadu Usman Jaha said the prayer to invite the President was omitted from the motion read on their behalf by Ahmed Satomi.

The motion to invite Buhari was later adopted by the House, leading to a follow up audience with the President by its leadership.

Although the President initially agreed to appear before the National Assembly, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), said the House lacked the power to summon the President.

The Senate leadership also sharply disagreed with the House and rejected moves to ask the President to address a joint session of the National Assembly.

Despite the legal opinion of the AGF and political stand of the Senate, the Presidency has not been forthcoming on what becomes of the invitation of the President.

Findings by our correspondent however revealed that the House decided to foreclose the invitation following what a source described as the body language of the Presidency.

The source said apart from disagreement between the two chambers, the invitation assumed ethnic and political dimensions in the House.

Some of those behind the motion were shocked at the political colouration given to it.

The House leadership was alleged to have a hidden agenda on the motion with a view to undermining President Buhari.

It was learnt that the invitation was almost sliding into a North-South divide, especially over security reports that the opposition lawmakers wanted to use the invitation to embarrass Buhari.

A principal officer said: “The House of Representatives has foreclosed or dropped any immediate or future plans to invite President Muhammadu Buhari over insecurity in the country because a harmless motion has become political.

“I can tell you that we will no longer revisit the invitation. But we will be interacting with Service Chiefs and other ministers in charge of the nation’s security.

“The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its lawmakers capitalised on the motion to cast aspersions on the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. What we never intended became the issue.

“Some governors and strategists in government insinuated that the House leadership was working for a different political interest. That was why they pulled the strings from the Senate.

“At a point, the row over the invitation was turned into a North-South divide if not for the political dexterity of the House leadership.

“We also got intelligence that some of those lawmakers who sponsored the motion because of Zabamari rice farmers went through the back door to the Presidency to apologise over their insistence that the President must appear before the National Assembly.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/insecurity-reps-drop-buhari-invitation-apologise-to-presidency/

1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by dalongjnr: 5:29am On Dec 27, 2020
OK!
What people don't understand is the fact that, the president cannot be impeached by verbal proclamation.
The house have to setup a committee to investigate the violation of trust and abuse of power by the president, then afterwards,report back to the House and from there, the ball is in the hands of the judiciary and 2/3th majority of the house because, you can't impeached a President without a fight.
The person that will take over from President Moh'D Buhari, should Brest up for a showdown with the north. The politics behind impeachment of the president is lame and sinister. The PDP called for it and it's members fall for it. Expect political carrier ending fight, soon.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 27, 2020
Smh

15 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by oyin44: 5:42am On Dec 27, 2020
Inviting buhari here and there, is not the solution. We all need to agree on a programme of action to be implemented or even if it is to request for a new constitution arrangement

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:44am On Dec 27, 2020
I'm disappointed at these old fo0ls

The prime minister of canada Justin Trudeau was summoned by senate FOR EATING CHOCOLATE bar in the senate House during a voting session in the house he attended, HE came and APOLOGISED to them. The person who made the accusation didn't know what he was eating yet he apologized
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/pm-trudeau-apologizes-for-eating-chocolate-bar-during-voting-marathon-1.4345501

“Indeed Mr. Speaker, I apologize. It was a chocolate bar and I apologize,” Trudeau stated

The ex prime minister of Japan Shinzo Abe was summoned Because of a PRIVATE DINNER PARTY he held for his supporters, without disclosing to the Japanese people or parliament the extra costs his office paid to subsidize the dinner party, HE honoured the invitation and APOLOGISED to the Japanese people and parliament. It was called the "cherry blossom scandal"
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/25/japans-shinzo-abe-apologises-over-cherry-blossom-scandal

“Even though the accounting procedures happened without my knowledge, I feel morally responsible for what happened,” Abe told the committee. “I reflect on this deeply and apologise from my heart to the citizens and to all legislators.”

Jacinda Ardern Prime minister of NewZealand just this December after a terrorist attack SHE APOLOGISED for not being able to secure the victims, for the attack happening.
https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20201208-nz-s-ardern-apologises-for-failings-identified-by-inquiry-into-christchurch-massacre
According to reports "she failed to do certain things but even if those things were done the attack would still not have been stopped" yet she apologised for not doing those things regardless of whether it would have stopped the attack

@tegrianonigltd just reminded me of Jacob Zuma ex president of South Africa who was summoned by the south African parliament, he went and APOLOGISED for the upgrades he made to his house using state funds he was going to be impeached he knew it, the senate was against him (even tho his party was majority, the court was agaunst him even though he appointed most of the judges, the Crimes commission were against his actions and had summoned him too even tho he appointed their boss, so he
apologized and resigned. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35943941

But here we are, Nigeria the failed, APOLOGISING TO THE PRESIDENT for summoning him to address the people when something as bad as kidnappings of over 333 boys as well as the numerous killings and kidnappings going on all over the country, this is way worse than the chocolate bar or dinner party or house upgrade in South Africa yet we are the ones apologising to the president for disturbing him to do his job.

WHO BROUGHT ME INTO NIGERIA? OF EVERY COUNTRY ON EARTH TO COME FROM

501 Likes 65 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Racoon(m): 5:50am On Dec 27, 2020
A failed government cant be called into accountability but is rather being shielded by an equally failed national assembly.Well nothing new!

This is simply because you're all rubberstamp handpicked stooges as a vestigial part of a lifeless government.He that pays the piper dictates the tune.Too bad! The worst NASS so far.

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by chozzy: 5:58am On Dec 27, 2020
This is no longer funny.
Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

Nobody is bold enough to shake the table since all of
them are eating from it.

Shame on Gbajabiamilla!
This is the worst NASS since 1999

219 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:08am On Dec 27, 2020
Whoever is looking forward to 2023 presidency can never be smart again,
This is all a game to these people

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:27am On Dec 27, 2020
las las we go talk true

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 27, 2020
Good... And it should not only end there o.. Those involved in the conspiracy should be suspended with immediate effect! Then leave the rest to us.. One by one, we shall recall them.. Making them scapegoats will serve as a deterrent to other would-be conspirators..

President Muhammadu Buhari has done exceptionally well with little resources. What else do they want?

See eh, this country must better, whether you idiots like it or not! May God bless Nigeria!

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by gambia(m): 6:39am On Dec 27, 2020
Bunch of clowns. I knew it will come to this.

8 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Emecunze: 6:39am On Dec 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by yeyeboi(m): 6:40am On Dec 27, 2020
Ok
Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by whela(m): 6:40am On Dec 27, 2020
Rubber stamp house.

9 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Auxtin85(m): 6:40am On Dec 27, 2020
Shame! Femi Gbajabiamila is a disgrace to manhood

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Fheelzz(m): 6:40am On Dec 27, 2020
I don comot my hand for anything 9ja grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by ElijahIme1992(m): 6:41am On Dec 27, 2020
Mehn dis country weak me sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by macolino(m): 6:41am On Dec 27, 2020
Ndi ara

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by AchalugoNwa(f): 6:41am On Dec 27, 2020
grin

lol you're looking for a national assembly
Hehehehehe
we only had that one during saraki tenure
this current one is just a ministry under Buhari.

woe to you if you expect anything from a rubber stamp crooks

God bless Saraki.
his legacy as a no nonsense senate president will live forever.
under him we got a glimpse what a national assembly supposed to look like

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by snoopanddre(m): 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
No more Nigeria abeg. With this trend, may God help us cos all I see is vampires. Kudos to this people that wanted him invited in d first place , and from their names they are mostly northerners meaning not all of them are bad or are in support of this calamity. The next three more years......, Lord help us please.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Foolishmasses: 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
I'm lost of words to describe how terrible this country has become. I pity those that think there is way forward for this damn country because that kinda hope will keep them in perpetual poverty while those of us that are sane enough that this isn't how things should be should be thankful because our consciousness is enough to drag out of the mud.

Imagine Reps apologizing for failing to do their jobs. Whaooo. What a country.

Extra-note
The last has not been seen of what the world economy is facing as the mutating Coro will drop Foreign Direct Investment in global economy in 2021 thereby creating more hardship, loss of jobs, fall in stock etc. You don't need our god of men (pastors) to tell you that "brethren, pray because I see a chaos in 2021" there is nothing special in their prophesies as they fail to see reps apologizing to presidency, therefore, my people , fasten your belt as 2020 might just be intro of what to come in 2021 economic wise.
Pray for grace,
Use your brain
Be prudent

Shalom

15 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Ekpekus(m): 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
SMH
The legislative forgot they are an independent arm of government just like the executives.. They are not serving the executives but the people who voted them in and are suppose to be a check and balance to the executives.
Indeed our democracy get as e be.

9 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by IamWonderful: 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
Baby factory people see the representative members, Yoruba and northerners vote Buhari, agreed, so baby factory people and PDP that have the chance cannot rewrite the wrong when the opportunity arises? bunch of hypocrites

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by ElijahIme1992(m): 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
Happy Sunday to all Nairalanders except the trouble makers
Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Tannhauser(m): 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
grin

They actually apologized?

Goes to show that there is no democracy in Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by CalabarPikin: 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
OK

I was not expecting anything less though
Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by ptolemy247(m): 6:42am On Dec 27, 2020
Dumb clucks acting as lawmakers... angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Validated: 6:43am On Dec 27, 2020
C O W A R D!!!

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by Liodins: 6:43am On Dec 27, 2020
As the alpha and omega that he is...true believer of the constitution
Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by FreshJob88: 6:43am On Dec 27, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Insecurity: Reps Drop Buhari Invitation, Apologise To Presidency by obembet(f): 6:43am On Dec 27, 2020
I don't know the man called Okadigbo but I heard his story has Senate president. I heard that obj was mad then and get another mad vp.. join am with Okadigbo. Somehow should educate me more.. about the powerful man compare to the one we have now.. (in Summary)

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Reasons Ibarapa Residents Want Iskilu Wakili Evicted / Supreme Court Verdict: Like Wike, Like Abba Yusuff / Nigerians React To Gov Oshiomole's "IF STATEMENT" On Former President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.