Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day (26017 Views)

1-Year-Old Boy Drowns After Falling Into Bucket Of Water In Anambra (Pix, Video) / 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) / DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by AprokoGirl: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2020
What was meant to be a colourful Christmas celebration went awry on Friday after a 14-year-old boy, Samson Akingbade, drowned in a swimming pool of a hotel in Ijako, Sango-Ota, Ogun State.

It was learnt that Akingbade and his friends had gone to the hotel to have fun, playing around the premises.

They were said to have extended the fun to the swimming pool section of the hotel, navigating it with glee.

Our correspondent gathered that he drowned in the process but his friends did not realise in time.

After some hours, his body was said to have floated, resulting in a pandemonium at the facility.

A source told Sunday PUNCH that some angry youths blamed Akingbade’s death on poor management on the part of the operators, and attempted to vandalise the hotel.

He said, “The boy was swimming in the hotel and drowned. As a result of that, some youths stormed the hotel to foment trouble but the police responded promptly to douse the tension and restore normalcy.

“The boy went to the hotel with his friends. The problem is that the hotel does not have a lifeguard. It was an avoidable death if they had a lifeguard.”

Another source explained that the hotel was abruptly shut down to avert a riot, adding that the boy’s corpse was evacuated by the police from Sango Division.

He stated, “I learnt that the boy and his friends came from Sango but I don’t know their address. It was police intervention that doused the tension. Youths were angry that the hotel failed to provide a lifeguard who could have observed that the boy had drowned and rescued him.”

The police spokesperson in the state, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed Akingbade’s death, adding that his corpse had been deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.

He said, “One Samson Akingbade, 14, was at the hotel with his friends. They were swimming when he drowned. Some boys wanted to attack the hotel but the police quickly took over the situation and restored normalcy.”

Source; https://punchng.com/christmas-day-tragedy-teenage-boy-drowns-in-ogun-hotel-swimming-pool/

3 Likes

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2020

1000 Ways to die isn't just a TV show.

It is real life. Death is inevitable what remains a mystery is the time it visits and the form it takes.

Rest in Peace young fella, you died in an unusual circumstance .

7 Likes

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Babangida70(m): 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
2020, e neva do u?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Nazgul: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
Rules are simple, if you don't know how to swim, stay away from the water. No matter how your friends compel you, just stay away for your own safety.

For me, nothing on this Earth can make me jump into a swimming pool, the sight alone of the water scares the living hell out of me.

Rip to the young lad.

37 Likes

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
J
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Enudapan: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

This is towards the end of the year
In football match is called dying minute or injury time,so my people anywhere you go or anything you do biko Egunugu be careful nah express you dey go

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by naijadrivablog: 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
Be careful of where you go this period.
Easy, jeje, take it slow oh
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by GodWrites: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
Every day, an average of 153,424 people die all around the world from different circumstances.

In that same manner, about 385,000 are born.

Is unfortunately his death was during a festive period, but there is nothing particularly interesting here.

This is not NEWS!

6 Likes

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by ednut1(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
Yoi can't swim you dey enter pool. How na
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by aleeyus(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
AprokoGirl:

u get time to snap him pic but u no get time to save him.

angry

3 Likes

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Ugaboy: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
God this is my prayer
Let me in the right place at the right time.
help me to number my days

This is painful
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Baybii: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
sad
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by popweezy(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
Wahala dey ooo... I dey fear water pass fire
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Soljaboi44(m): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2020
cry cry cryI
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by crossfm: 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2020
I don't know why I personally hate water.

Even the one was da inside drum da fear me.Na only the one wa da bucket I da manage.

R.I.P young one.

1 Like

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Beautypearls62: 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
What is a 14-year-old boy doing in a hotel's swimming pool without the parents around?
Overexposure has destroyed a lot of teenage life.

5 Likes

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by sped1oro(m): 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Sad tale
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by oluwatosink: 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Seven Important Things You should never do with your Body.

1) Commit Fornications with the body

2) Worship Idols with the body

3) Love the things in the world with the body

4) live Unrighteously with your body

5) Commit Sexual immorality with your Body

6) Be drunk in wine taking cigarettes , indian hemps etc

7) Body piercing, tattoos and putting things that don't glorify God

bible Verses

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 6:15-20

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 19:28
Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 18:30
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ripp man

I almost died too fr but thanks to God its not yet my time then cuz i was pushed up and down by the water like a couple times so i can shout fr help
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by HeadShot: 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
aleeyus:

angry

R u okay?...

Wasnt him jare

7 Likes

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by optimistD(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
Rip
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by bamite(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
Rip boy
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
Mumu dem tell you say na the drowning boy pic be that undecided
aleeyus:

angry
ripp man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Houseofglam7(f): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
Sad indeed
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by IdJack(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
So sad
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Donspicey: 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
What a Tragedy.......

Rip young blood......
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by dominique(f): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nazgul:
Rules are simple, if you don't know how to swim, stay away from the water. No matter how your friends compel you, just stay away for your own safety.

For me, nothing on this Earth can make me jump into a swimming, the sight alone of the water scares the living hell out of me.

Rip to the young lad.

Maybe his friends pushed him in
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by Proffdada: 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
Chai! RIP
Re: Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day by favour32(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
Learn how to swim.
You may need it someday..
RIP to the boy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There A Cure For A Smoker's Black Lips / Hepatitis B More Infectious Than HIV - Dr Bello Kumo / 10 Key Facts About Diabetes You Should Know By precious Sobamiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.