Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea (1106 Views)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / Why Do Hackers Have Easy Access To Our Phones / 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by lawalosky(m): 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
*Vital Information*

Please, let's guard our phones � jealously this period especially those of us who have only one line.

A friend lost his phone with his lines yesterday. That was when he realized that:

1. *He cannot retrieve the line.*

2. *He cannot get a new line.*

3. *He cannot link his NIN to his line.*

These are because the NCC/Government have stopped the registration of new lines (Sim Cards) and consequently you cannot do welcome back.
That means that you cannot use that line until the NIN business is over.

Contacts, banking transactions, notes, WhatsApp, Facebook, messages etc..gone for now.

So, please keep your phone and guard it jealousy. You have a lot to lose if you miss your phone now.
Cc:lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by lawalosky(m): 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
Cc:lalasticlala mynd44 seun Dominique
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by Goldp5988(f): 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
Noted

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by CodeTemplar: 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
A govt that hardly thinks before acting.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by AJOBI77(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
You can lodge a complaint to your Service provider. It would be blocked. Then you can retrieve after the lifting of the embargo. But I understand it won't be a nice experience to be SIM less and also not be in touch with your contacts
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by HigherEd: 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
CodeTemplar:
A govt that hardly thinks before acting.
I tell you
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by AdaugoChisom(f): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
He should contact his service provider....gone are those days they will steal your phone and drop Sims.
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by lawalosky(m): 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
He should contact his service provider....gone are those days they will steal your phone and drop Sims.
The issue here is not really about service provider blocking the line but what next?
Base on the situation in telecommunications this days with fg

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by Exumal: 8:24am On Dec 28, 2020
I believe you can still retrieve your Airtel sim, did mine about a week ago or so.
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by MrHighSea: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2020
Front page worthy
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by Samyd18: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2020
Exumal:
I believe you can still retrieve your Airtel sim, did mine about a week ago or so.

black market
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by YangaBabe: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2020
nice info, this is true o, my friend lost her phone too and she is in this same delima, me self will have to be careful cos i dont have money to replace my tecno phone now sef
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by Mohbola(f): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
Thanks for this
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by edoairways: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2021
You can now retrieve your phone number provided you have your non number
Re: Opinion: Reasons We Should Start Safeguarding Our Phones And Sim Cards (must Rea by gallivant: 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2021
Edit

(1) (Reply)

Redmi 10 Announced With Helio G88 Chipset, 90hz Display And 50MP Main Camera / How Good Is Xiaomi 9a / Brand New Samsung A73

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.