Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her (52409 Views)

Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday / Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? / Mob Beat Man For Robbing Woman Of Her ATM Card. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by SavageResponse(m): 8:48am On Dec 29, 2020
My advise to you would be for you to have a separate debit card which carries a small amount of money; this will be the card you will be using for online transactions
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by HonourableUche(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Seanjay:

Thats what have been wondering about cause i saw the other guy screenshots below also and it a GTbank.. may be their security is shambolic or they have a hand in those theft
This matter should be quickly addressed because a lot of people have fallen victim

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by OJEEMAH(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2020
Roon9:

My sister works with FBN. Whenever we owe her money and refuse to pay up, she could easily lift the money from our account at will
She takes money from your account without any instrument for withdrawal? See I can't begin to explain how it works in gtbank here but know that, nobody can withdraw your money in any gtbank branch without an instrument except you lose your card details to someone.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Enahi(f): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2020
Too bad i am just seeing this now, i hope it has been resolved though!

Ask your sister questions on last POS She used the card.

She should also explain to you if She has ever used Her card details on Branch, perhaps She used it to request for loan or someone used Her card details without Her knowing.

She should contac GTB ASAP for Her complaint to be escalated to the Fraud team.

The card should be blocked too immediately!

All the best!

quote author=Seanjay post=97497574]Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very earl1y by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

Please I have the screenshots of the transaction and the theft was down by one PG-BRANCH-INTERNATIONAL LANGSTAN9999335740...

Please Anyone Who Can Help Us Can Pm Me

The bank involved is GTBANK and I think the job was done by an insider

Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2020
Antagonist1991:
This is a fraud, its bet9ja or sporty bet fund, they will just send you an OTP without narration and later call you to forward the OTP to them, they will debit your account and use it to fund the bet9ja or sporty bet app and later cash out. when you get to bank, they will only see bet9ja as the narration with no senders bank or name. they will tell you that u have compromise your account details and this is untraceable.

oh wow, thanks
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by IgboWarlord(m): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2020
chatinent:

Yes.
Nice to meet you...I used to be a witness too...Circuit IB18..Igbo speaking...Unfortunately i fell off by the way side.. cry
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by BRATISLAVA: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2020
loswhite:
You guys are quick to accuse bank staff for your own foolishness...A loan app is probably responsible for these debit and yet but you and the poster are quick to claim it is an insider's job...
You cannot blame someone else for your foolishness

If you had began politely, one might think you are not foolish.

Next time, work on your manner of approach. You've passed no message across and have no understanding.

Fast to insult, slowest to think, most foolish of all.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Bigfish121(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2020
I transfer to my Gtbank to withdraw

gassbee:
so how do u get physical cash
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by chatinent: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2020
IgboWarlord:

Nice to meet you...I used to be a witness too...Circuit IB18..Igbo speaking...Unfortunately i fell off by the way side.. cry

You need to re-gather the fallen pieces together.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by IgboWarlord(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2020
chatinent:

You need to re-gather the fallen pieces together.
Thanks bro....appreciate..
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by imagrg(m): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2020
Look, what fraudsters do is to get your details via BVN and use it to open an account in your name with Branch or Globus Bank and use this account to obtain a loan from any of the said banks and have the money paid into their own account.
This happened to my younger brother who has an account with UBA. His details was used to open an account with Globus Bank while his money was paid into his Sportsbet account and used to bet a 1.05 ODDS which won, and the money withdrawn via Globus Bank account opened by the fraudster in his name and withdrawn using Globus Bank App.
You see, this cannot be without the connivance of bank officials.
Rich4god:

From the look of the alert, it's Branch Inc that the transaction went to. Ask your sis if she had any dealing with Branch Inc loan platform.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by CVhurb: 11:29am On Dec 29, 2020
upower123:
how can we write to CBN..my friend is in similar situation there email address please

Seanjay:

we going there tomorrow
cpd@cbn.gov.ng, contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng or call +234 7002255226. But u must have complained to ur bank and must have waited for at least 72 hours. If no positive result, u can then lodge a complaint. CBN will surely take positive and effective action.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by writeprof(m): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
King44:
They allow it and they tell you there is nothing else they can do, so what's the essence keeping money in the bank

It's a sad and annoying situation. We're getting to that stage. Imagine the ways they collect commissions and what have you from savings and current accounts.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Penflame(m): 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
That transaction was carried out by a loan company called Branch International. Ask your sister very well, she may have collected loan from them or someone may have used her ATM details to apply for a loan from Branch.

And one issue about Branch is they automatically deduct the money and interest from your account as at when due without warning except you don't have the money in your account.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Orubebe01: 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
Seanjay:

Bro sometimes we learn the hard way and it can be very painful embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
have your sister gone to the bank and what's the situation report
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
Orubebe01:

have your sister gone to the bank and what's the situation report

yes she did some they told her to check back in two weeks time
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
CVhurb:

cpd@cbn.gov.ng, contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng or call +234 7002255226. But u must have complained to ur bank and must have waited for at least 72 hours. If no positive result, u can then lodge a complaint. CBN will surely take positive and effective action.

Wow Thanks she already went to the bank today to complain but they told her to fill a form and come back next two weeks
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
Enahi:
Too bad i am just seeing this now, i hope it has been resolved though!

Ask your sister questions on last POS She used the card.

She should also explain to you if She has ever used Her card details on Branch, perhaps She used it to request for loan or someone used Her card details without Her knowing.

She should contac GTB ASAP for Her complaint to be escalated to the Fraud team.

The card should be blocked too immediately!

All the best!

quote author=Seanjay post=97497574]Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very earl1y by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

Please I have the screenshots of the transaction and the theft was down by one PG-BRANCH-INTERNATIONAL LANGSTAN9999335740...

The bank involved is GTBANK and I think the job was done by an insider

Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption

Thanks Sis, she already went there today and they told her, her card was exposed so they gave her a form to fill and come back by next two weeks for update on the issue but they also told her they might not be able to recover her money that"s the dilemma we are in now undecided undecided undecided

but the bank confirmed to her that she didnt applied or took any loan from the PG Branch International loan
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
unmask:
Likely issues.....She had her ATM card stolen and used by someone close to her, who also knows her pin ......second is her card got cloned and they somehow got her Card pin as well.

But in reality most times, ATM card fraud that involves compromised pin numbers are usually committed by someone close to the victim

her card wasnt stolen infact the card was with her while she was receiving the alerts on her phone and she went to the bank today and they told her she didnt apply for any loan not to talk of any outstanding loan debt on her account
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by alloy123: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hope,she has not been using POS services on street because some of those POS guys work hand in hand with fraudsters..Their method is when you give them your card especially those inside KIOSK,they will use a phone to snap both side of the card and with that alone,your card has become unsafe.They used that method and cleared a colleague salary with the same said bank.Sorry,if you approach the said bank,something can be done if you want to know more.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by InansBobo(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
Seanjay:
Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very early by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

The bank involved is GTBANK and I think the job was done by
an insider
Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption
no body robbed your sister. she took a loan from an app called BRANCH. they auto-debited their money from her account. they did same to me today. it has the same description.
tell her to confirm

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by tpapi: 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
alloy123:
Hope,she has not been using POS services on street because some of those POS guys work hand in hand with fraudsters..Their method is when you give them your card especially those inside KIOSK,they will use a phone to snap both side of the card and with that alone,your card has become unsafe.They used that method and cleared a colleague salary with the same said bank.Sorry,if you approach the said bank,something can be done if you want to know more.
Father Lord
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 2:00am On Dec 30, 2020
InansBobo:
no body robbed your sister. she took a loan from an app called BRANCH. they auto-debited their money from her account. they did same to me today. it has the same description.
tell her to confirm

Dont know how many times i have to say this ... She Didnt Took Any Loan From No Headquarter Not To Talk Of Any Branch with Confirmation from the Bank that the wiping has nothing to do with any loan... She went to the Bank yesterday to confirm
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by cevek11: 7:07am On Dec 30, 2020
Heard the Chip card cannot ba cloned... and if these are POS/ATM transactions them your sisters should check her card (it is likely not with her anymore, if it is the the person who made the transactions is around her)

Go to the bank and get the information of type of transactions and the likelyhood of occurrence and you will have better info
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by SATANNIST: 8:41am On Dec 30, 2020
n pos
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Hec1: 8:43am On Dec 30, 2020
Hi GTB card users, to add another layer of security on your account I highly recommend you use the card protection feature on your banking app. Whenever you are done with your transactions deactivate all payments options immediately.So that when the card is stolen or cloned you will be sure that your money is safe.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by dfanthom(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
From the foregoing, I guess she used a Mobile Money Agent (MMA) who deliberately (or inadvertently) shared her card details from the merchant copy prinout with which her account was accessed & consequently defrauded!

Peeps should be especially careful with these MMAs as some of them are wolves in sheep clothing.

Eternal Caution is key!!!

Cheers y'all.

cool angry
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Tmlivesport(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
At op you are still not getting it

The branch some people are talking about is an App and also have a website and NOT a branch of a bank

Maybe she or someone downloaded the app on her phone and then inputted her details for loan application

To confirm this, kindly download the App then input her details and phone number, it will show if she has collected loan before

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by craigkoel1989: 3:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
The same thing happened to me today, yesterday I withdrew from a POS with my gtbank and this morning I received a debit alert of 12300 I ignored if thinking it was a previous transaction I did only for me to be debited of another 12300 again
I quickly blocked my atm card and restricted my account using *737*51*74# and my atm card was successfully blocked, I was surprised because my atm card was with me and I never gave it to anybody

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by leomarz007: 1:41am On Jan 02, 2021
craigkoel1989:

[quote author=Seanjay post=97499177]

OP and his colleague in the same ish. My candid opinion is to go to that pos joint transactions were made and get them house arrested. Work on them first and they'd confess. That's after you have confirmed accurately that it was not from the branch app. Merry new year. :-)
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by InansBobo(m): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2021
Seanjay:

Dont know how many times i have to say this ... She Didnt Took Any Loan From No Headquarter Not To Talk Of Any Branch with Confirmation from the Bank that the wiping has nothing to do with any loan... She went to the Bank yesterday to confirm
let her check her bank statement.
I didn't say she took the loan from a bank branch. It's a mobile app for taking loan.
I use it too. the description of the debit is same as mine

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor, Others Nabbed Over ATM Scam, Burglar / Lagos Alfa Rapes 29-Year-Old Virgin Student, Wipes Her Blood With Handkerchief / How Yahoo Almost Ruined My Life (18+) "True Life Story"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.