Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,251 members, 7,807,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her (52408 Views)

Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday / Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? / Mob Beat Man For Robbing Woman Of Her ATM Card. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by charlesdavis(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2020
Please ask your sister if she applied for any loan through branch app...this debit alert seems to come from branch app, they can debit u without your consent ..it doesn't look like scam ...

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by ezebunafo(m): 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:

She doesnt owe any load app
someone has used your sisters details to borrow money from branch,branch it's an online loan app,call their customer care,

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Coinbased: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
really
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by symbianDON(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
my curiosity is this: why was the money withdrawn in batches of N20,000? that should give a clue to what platform was used in stealing the money. if it was POS, the whole amount could have been drawn once and also Branch would have drawn the whole amount once. I smell scam using an ATM for this withdrawals.

10 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by naijadrivablog: 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
The POS guy where she withdrew 1k is a suspect.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by ezebunafo(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
charlesdavis:
Please ask your sister if she applied for any loan through branch app...this debit alert seems to come from branch app, they can debit u without your consent ..it doesn't look like scam ...
or someone has used her details to borrow from branch
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Collegelove: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
My money got debited too. Would go to the bank.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by EmekaBlue(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
She fit dey owe loan...Auto deduction
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by BolajiBright: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Almost happened to my cousin too at exactly 4am. She was able to transfer 140k out before the attacker used the remaining 6k in her to make a paystack transaction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Collegelove: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
OP, go to the bank. I strongly believe it might be from your institution. Banks also steal money from people's account.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by bugatti02(m): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
She should go to the POS or ATM she did her past transaction of 1k.... It all started from there.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Kokaine(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:

Bros Kriss you are very correct she was sleeping when alerts flooded her phone

If you had even put the account number here as part of your message I'm sure up to 60 people by now would have dropped 1k each

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by officialfestus(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
my advice to people is "don't save on an account with atm card"

20 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by GOVERNMENT2: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
Zheqoom:
She must have dropped her bank details somewhere, so our money is not even safe in the bank again
YOU BETTER GO GET YOUR PAKO OR IRON PIGGY BANK. THAT'S THE SAFEST AT THE MOMENT
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Poloyanabo2(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
blackpanthar:
This is evil. Pls I believe its the ATM machine she uses. It may have been compromised. Yes o, ATM machines are one of the devices these evil men use these days and they get records of all atms and pins.

I believe she will recover it.
I ONCE ASKED A BANK STAFF IF I CAN OPERATE MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ATM CARD, SHE SAID NO THAT IT'S COMPULSORY,
VERY DEVILISH THING.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by blackpanthar: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
ictplotter:

Why you wicked like this? Police station for 75k, like if you no know naija police. Police we eve demand more 150k for petition and mobilization fees first.

Bros na wetin go work
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by denitro(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
Because of issues like this, I have a current and savings account. I linked my current account to my atm card.
I don't leave money in my current account and have all my money in my savings.
When I want to use the atm, I use the app to push to my current and then withdraw.
Cunning man die, cunning man bury am

19 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by iamJ(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
See world class clearing and forwarding, online banking at its finest

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by olaolu39(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
Go to the Paga shop (Opay POS) you went to on thursday, They must have done something.

In other news, Branch loan is what is written in the debit description.

Seanjay:
Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very early by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

Please I have the screenshots of the transaction and the theft was down by one PG-BRANCH-INTERNATIONAL LANGSTAN9999335740...

Please Anyone Who Can Help Us Can Pm Me

The bank involved is GTBANK and I think the job was done by an insider

Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2020
AFONJACOW:
I made a post about increase of internet Fraud but Nairaland mod didn't push it to the front page because it's not necked pictures or snake thread. Make Una no worry e go reach everyone
I read it yesterday too, very sad. I was surprised I didn't see it on front page. It is now rampant. I saw some infringement on my account, am going to close that account, won't put in money there to avoid stories.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
This is a forced loan repayment.
Someone must have used her card months ago to get the loan and she now forgot.

"Ronke, please I want to use your account to pay 50 naira online . I don't know what is wrong with my card. I'll transfer 100 naira to you so they won't cut.. "

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by iykenex(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seanjay:
Please help this just happened to my sister yesterday cry cry cry they wiped out all her 75K in her account very early by 5AM on Sunday 27th of December 2020(yesterday morning) with her atm been with her and no OTP was sent to her..

Please I have the screenshots of the transaction and the theft was down by one PG-BRANCH-INTERNATIONAL LANGSTAN9999335740...

Please Anyone Who Can Help Us Can Pm Me

The bank involved is GTBANK and I think the job was done by an insider

Please help a sister in this trying period.. she had been saving the money for school resumption

The same thing happened to me around September/October, the same Gtbank while I was in the Bank another person came on the same issue. I think there's a loophole fraud stars are capitalizing on. My 70k just varnished till date I have not heard from them

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Acidosis(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
This is becoming scary. Guys, the idea of applying for multiple ATM cards needs to be checked o. Whichever bank you choose to keep more than 70% of your funds, refuse to get an ATM card. If you must, NEVER on any condition use your card with POS guys or online payment (e.g. Google Play Store apps, OPay, Etc.).

Always choose the transfer option! Some have the habit of subscribing to anything they see online with their card details.

Whoever compromises your card details shouldn't assess more than 5-10% of your savings. We just have to outsmart these scammers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Wartsnigeria: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
Your account was not compromised, she either has a an outstanding loan with branch or someone or you used her card processing the loan, this is not a personal withdrawal.
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by edunwanna: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
Looking at the transactions from d first of 1k to the rest and considering d trend of d serial numbers LANGSTAN9999335740 of this withdrawal, the thief is d first POS machine she used.
Go and arrest him ASAP

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by korilala(m): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
Look...I believe she took a loan app and when she defaulted they took the money out of her account. That LANGSTAN is familiar...I took a small loan online and couldn't pay back ontime...after about a week I started receiving calls and messages with threats....I smiled...when they FAPPED 55k from my account I almost shatted my pants. When I checked the debit alert I saw this same LANGSTAN... Either she took a loan or someone used her details to take a loan or used her account as a recovery account for the loan

10 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by mistercharles: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
playnaija:
Those debit reflect Branch Loan app, did u collect a loan or your sibling did?
if it was branch they would have removed the whole amount once and she can't owe exactly 60k at the dot. I think someone linked her card to branch and funded the branch wallet using her card since it's already linked. You don't need OTP once it's linked.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by pocohantas(f): 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
Your sister definitely compromised her card details, though I can bet my ass she wouldn’t admit to this.

A lot of these loan apps littering everywhere are all yahoo platforms. You put in your details in every single one, yet act surprised when shît like this hits you.

My suggestion; Call Gtconnect. If the card was used to pay for a goods/service that hasn’t been fulfilled- then the transaction can be reversed. If it has been fulfilled, my heart goes out to her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Collegelove: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
They should investigate some of these guys working in GTB especially in the IT Department.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
bujebudanu1:
Branch international !!!
Someone used your sister's account for surety for a loan.

My guess

You got it
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
denitro:
Because of issues like this, I have a current and savings account. I linked my current account to my atm card.
I don't leave money in my current account and have all my money in my savings.
When I want to use the atm, I use the app to push to my current and then withdraw.
Cunning man die, cunning man bury am

Yeah I know this, it is not advisable to use your email or phone number you use for bank registration for any online transactions, it is good to have a different email logged in a different device to avoid stories.
I got to know these things from quora.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Hayastark: 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
entrep88:
Let your sister tell you the truth if she needs help, her card cannot be compromised without her input. Ask questions, what has she done online recently with the card. I am not ruling out the possibility of atm cloning, but I have a feeling she gave some details out. Some backs ATMs dont need otp e.g Access,

Please say what you know, just last week 6k was debited from my sterling account without my authorization via ussd, ( my phone has never being stolen nor my ATM) I have never had or use used ussd, what I believe is some bankers are in on this

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Outrage As Lady Slaps Another Lady Repeatedly (photos) / Pastor, Others Nabbed Over ATM Scam, Burglar / Lagos Alfa Rapes 29-Year-Old Virgin Student, Wipes Her Blood With Handkerchief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.