Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,977 members, 7,799,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her (52371 Views)

Please Help My Wife Bank Account Was Wiped Yesterday / Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? / Mob Beat Man For Robbing Woman Of Her ATM Card. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by lende: 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
Dey ran here package. Shit happens never lose guard...
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 12:23am On Dec 29, 2020
400billionman:

Stop using Agent Banking.

It's pretty obvious the scammers collude with those POS operators and bankers.

You usually see them carrying multiple POS machines, they even slot people cards into one or two before completing your transaction. An average POS is a card reader. So that's how they clone cards.

I think you are right chief cause this things you talked happened to me today again, i try withdrawing from a woman"s POS on my street but i was debited without getting any funds, the girl there told me the transaction failed but i was debited so i have to into bank tomorrow, she claimed Access bank network was bad
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 12:25am On Dec 29, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

The transaction ID carries branch INT . Branch is a loan app that automatically debits their money when the time to repay is due. Asides that you can repay willingly by yourself even before time is due. Someone must have used her ATM details to access a loan

You can't rule out that POS operator she last used. The person must have used her atm details to access the loan and repay.

so what do we do now bros ? already we are going into the bank tomorrow
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Pgltm: 1:03am On Dec 29, 2020
Sorry for your sisters loss, happened to me February this year about 80k..card looks like it was cloned, until today I didn't get response from my bank. I use another card now and I leave 5k on it per time. It's crazy!

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 1:14am On Dec 29, 2020
generalwo:
..... I believe it was transferred..... Please see screenshot attached.

haha yours too was zapped then whats happening in Nigerian Banking Sectors nau shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 1:16am On Dec 29, 2020
Pgltm:
Sorry for your sisters loss, happened to me February this year about 80k..card looks like it was cloned, until today I didn't get response from my bank. I use another card now and I leave 5k on it per time. It's crazy!

is this the new thread in Nigeria, abi how do people get access to your account without your atm or knowing your pin ?
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 1:18am On Dec 29, 2020
Audiodonation:
LET ME ASSIST YOU.

Whoever that did this game is a mugu, except the person is smart by using another person details but whichever way it must be linked to that person.

1. This narration PG BRANCH INTERNATIONAL is a mobile loan app. And the criminal element that did this isn't far from your sister, bcoz they got hold of her card details..... Especially the (CVV2) number.

2. It could also be the POS attendant responsible as some people must have said.

3. Your sister must have logged into the Branch app on someone's phone and forgot to delete the app, and the phone got sold out or been used by same criminal.

4. Your sister my be the criminal here also, trying to play a fast one on you and me.

REMEDY

Let her send a mail to Branch Intl (nigeria@branch.co) copy (usa@branch.co and kenya@branch.co) , attach the evidences and let them Know the risk it tells about their businesses and how you have come here on Nairaland to share about the experience.
Please the mail should be written as if na her dey write am, copy your bank Customer care, anti fraud unit email and your account officer email address (Can be gotten from d GTB app).

Kindly request for the phone number linked to the account that Received that money, the bvn number of the person and screenshot..........

If I can get the bvn number of the person, I can assist you get the idiot immediately.

I want you to copy everyone I mentioned in the email, bcoz everyone will want to clean up dia asses by doing dia bit and in turn u set everyone up.....................

And lastly,
Kindly confirm she isn't owing Branch Intl or if the money wasn't used to settle past debt before doing so...........
But I am 98% certain that someone close is responsible, as the CVV2 did the magic.

Wow Thanks Bro for shedding more lights and giving us a very wonderful advice you are the real MVP... We will follow those guidelines when we get to bank tomorrow... Thanks again really appreciate
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Lawsaite: 1:19am On Dec 29, 2020
lende:
Dey ran here package. Shit happens never lose guard...
Oh, your folks you mean? Wretched thief. I wonder why the mods have failed to shut down this scammer account. When you call him out on a scamming spree, he puts the post down, and for some unknown reasons, nairaland mods have continued to let the scammer thrive.
Try other little misdemeanor and see the same lackadaisical mods shamelessly put your account on eternal ban but to ban this scammer, no

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by InvertedHammer: 1:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Seanjay:

Boss so what can we do about this please she"s been crying since sunday and wont stop.. we all knows how nigeria is now please any helpful suggestions ?
/
/
The sad reality is that the criminal may zoom pass your street in a Benz and you will be hailing that “he don hammer”. Now your sister knows how scam victims feel. 419 is not a victimless crime.

/

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 1:23am On Dec 29, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
/
The sad reality is that the criminal may zoom pass your street in a Benz and you will be hailing that “he don hammer”. Now your sister knows how scam victims feel. 419 is not a victimless crime.

/

too bad my brother lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by 9jajoseph: 1:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Poloyanabo2:

THANKS FOR THIS INFO, LET ME PITCH MY TENT WITH UNITY BANK, THE HEARTBREAK FROM ATM FRAUD IS TOO MUCH.
I'M A CASHLESS PERSON SO I DON'T NEED ATM FOR MOST THINGS.
my man, the best way I secure my account. I have 3 accounts with 3 different banks. I registered all with one sim. My sim have sim lock. Even if my phone is lost or stolen today, they can never have access to that my number I used for registration. And my main account I save fund with, I don't have ATM in that account. I transfer fund to my other banks that have ATM If am in need of cash.

I have never encounter anything like ATM or bank theft, but my friend that operate with fidelity bank have encounter it. They were able to empty his account with just sim card, not even with ATM

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by AFONJACOW(m): 2:40am On Dec 29, 2020
onyechez:

I read it yesterday too, very sad. I was surprised I didn't see it on front page. It is now rampant. I saw some infringement on my account, am going to close that account, won't put in money there to avoid stories.
some people were even telling me to shut up and face my business, I have nothing to lose here but I think we can work as community that's why I brought it here, the said guy is on his way to Ghana very soon to join his colleagues who are into ATM cloning, I don't mind giving this guy out despite he came from same tribe with me, to get money this days hard but losing it will be the saddest thing to anyone I don't want to be a victim and i don't wish anyone to be a victim. I can give this guy up ,all they have to do is to wait for him at the airport search his laptops and conversation and see for themselves. One person they roped him can rope others

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:13am On Dec 29, 2020
blackpanthar:

Sir, its to go to the bank o. Tell them the exact ATM she has been using to withdraw and show them these proofs that you have... Then go to police station for statement.

She should stop crying o.... I believe she will recover but everyone should trust POS more than ATM henceforth.

Missimelda01 pls help
You mean i should trust POS more than ATM, or the other way round. People will think you as a fraudster. I have heard many times how POS from all those deposit, withdrawal units do compromise cards.
Wishever way i won't trust any of this machines with my card

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by OceanEye: 3:25am On Dec 29, 2020
This is from loan app, Branch! These loan apps have access to your account through your permission. I remember Gtbank showing me some transaction histories of where I was being debited of some amount for checking account balance. You know who remotely checked my account balance? A certain loan app.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Queenose: 4:58am On Dec 29, 2020
is either your sister has a master card which she must have compromise or her card was swapped without her knowing.
the only solution is for her to go and block the card and talk with the customer service to help her with the pos address. but the money is gone because the person knows her password
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by HonourableUche(m): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2020
Seanjay:

they said they are not opened until tomorrow and customer care lines are not working also

i have more screenshots can they withdraw 300 naira 400 naira and 150naira from atm ?

if you want i can privately send you more screenshots of the alerts
Why is this peculiar to GTbank?
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by gassbee: 5:51am On Dec 29, 2020
Bigfish121:
No wonder my mum hads refused to collect atm card from my bank.as for me I don't have atm card for my savings account.
so how do u get physical cash
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Pgltm: 6:00am On Dec 29, 2020
Seanjay:

is this the new thread in Nigeria, abi how do people get access to your account without your atm or knowing your pin ?
it's called cloning. They get your card number Security and pin when you are probably using it in a compromised atm or pos

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 6:11am On Dec 29, 2020
Pgltm:
it's called cloning. They get your card number Security and pin when you are probably using it in a compromised atm or pos

Then everyone needs to be extremely careful for this country oo
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 6:14am On Dec 29, 2020
HonourableUche:
Why is this peculiar to GTbank?

Thats what have been wondering about cause i saw the other guy screenshots below also and it a GTbank.. may be their security is shambolic or they have a hand in those theft

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 6:16am On Dec 29, 2020
OceanEye:
This is from loan app, Branch! These loan apps have access to your account through your permission. I remember Gtbank showing me some transaction histories of where I was being debited of some amount for checking account balance. You know who remotely checked my account balance? A certain loan app.

Na Wa oooo May God help this country ooo
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Seanjay(m): 6:18am On Dec 29, 2020
400billionman:

Stop using Agent Banking.

It's pretty obvious the scammers collude with those POS operators and bankers.

You usually see them carrying multiple POS machines, they even slot people cards into one or two before completing your transaction. An average POS is a card reader. So that's how they clone cards.

Bro sometimes we learn the hard way and it can be very painful embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Durna: 6:36am On Dec 29, 2020
It has happened to me before.
Just forget the money, Nothing can be done to recover it. All you will be hearing are stories
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Durna: 6:39am On Dec 29, 2020
Ask your sister what she did to get the debit alert of 1000#. That is where her details was gotten to execute the devilish act
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Zetty177x: 6:51am On Dec 29, 2020
GOOOGLE504:

It's either you were drunk or it was ur doppelganger hahaha

Nigerian banks are just thieves. God help us all. That was how I transferred money to my zenith and 5k was removed, turns out the account was on -5k.

My uba went loose lastyr n I lost close to 100k, after going back n forth, we identified the Uba and diamond account of the thieves, the bank was overprotective of the thief. We somehow got the account frozen. It was only 2months ago they helped return 16k. I couldn't reject it.

My paddy, I didn't tell you d second part. Note the video won't show ur face. But will show only money and ur hand collecting the second cash. That same period, GTB debited extra 10,000, I used d same GTB card to withdraw from UBA ATM..UBA debited me extra 10,000..so I was trying to get my 20,000k back. GTB showed me video. UBA show me video withdrawing the second 10,000k. They will edit a video and show u. When d UBA dude was showing me the video u need to see his countenance. GUILT! He was shaking..I just de look am.. I involved CBN sef. Nigerian banks, telecoms, electricity companies...all are fraudulent

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 29, 2020
She obviously got a loan from branch app knowingly or unknowingly

For those claiming the ATM card have been cloned. This transaction doesnt read that and besides ATM cards are not easily clone as you say.

When her card was about to be linked to the loan, she must have received an OTP authorising it. Perhaps she didn't know anything of such. She should interrogate her close pals or try to remember who suspiously tried getting her card or account details.

Online card transactions are rarely completed without OTP. People get careless with this not the bank.

In the ops case do not think the bank has any case to answer. They can only assist you with a more detailed summary of the transactions.

I will advise she
goes to the bank today and make the complaint

With what she's gotten from the bank put a call through to branch's customer care center and fully intimate with the transaction details.

The OP comebackhere to gist us the feedback and conclusions so otger people can learn from this
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by entrep88: 7:31am On Dec 29, 2020
My boss don't use ATM or Transfer or USSD. So that any day his money miss, he sue his bank grin
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by themanderon: 7:36am On Dec 29, 2020
The CBN has continued to fail to protect depositors funds in all these banks. They need to step up their game. Most these theft is carried out by those thieves in corporate wears you meet in those banks
Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by unmask: 7:52am On Dec 29, 2020
Seanjay:

Boss so what can we do about this please she"s been crying since sunday and wont stop.. we all knows how nigeria is now please any helpful suggestions ?
Likely issues.....She had her ATM card stolen and used by someone close to her, who also knows her pin ......second is her card got cloned and they somehow got her Card pin as well.

But in reality most times, ATM card fraud that involves compromised pin numbers are usually committed by someone close to the victim

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her by Roon9(m): 8:22am On Dec 29, 2020
OJEEMAH:
it depends on where you're coming from. I have worked in this sector and I know what am talking about.

My sister works with FBN. Whenever we owe her money and refuse to pay up, she could easily lift the money from our account at will

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bariga Cult Kingpin, Dodo Arrested (Photo) / Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After / Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.